Slottsskogens Youth Hostel Reviews

Vegagatan 21, Gothenburg, Sweden

This hostel was perfect for our stay. The staff we're really friendly and helpful, especially the receptionist! The breakfast was lovely and was worth the extra money. Only criticism is having to pay extra for bed sheet, which I usually assume is part of the initial cost. However a highly recommended hostel, and we would defiantly return!

• 27th Dec 2014

Pros: Nice, clean facilities. Great location, easy to reach central & Andra Langgatan by tram or walking. I met cool people & had lots of fun. Cons: The staff were more interested in having private conversations then serving the paying customers. This is an expensive hostel - even by Swedish standards - and they still charge extra for sheets and expect you to clean your dormitory before checking out - absurd for the amount they charge for a dorm bed.

Clean and safe hostel, but the atmosphere was a hotel-like. Not much of a social place.

Bed linen charge is not needed

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Hostel is easy to get to on tram from the main train and bus stations. It’s in a quiet street and not much around for entertainment. Rooms and spacious and have television, mirrors and loads of storage. Kitchen is excellent. You need to clean before you leave, mop empty bins etc. or you have to pay extra for cleaning. Showers and toilet is adequate. Breakfast is available and place is very secure.

This was my first stay here and I was satisfied with the facilities. Nice selection of things for breakfast. When in Gothenburg again I will stay here again.

Very neat and tidy hostel. Very quiet, no noise, couldn't even hear the people in the room next door. Could also be because I was here in november, which is probably not a very busy time to visit Goteborg.

• 14th Nov 2014

Nice place, the single room is little, 2x3 m2, but very clean and safe!

I thought that the facilities were in general nice and clean, and while the location isn't prime for tourist spots, it was a really nice local area where you can get a true feel for the city. The only thing I will say is that the door to our room didn't always shut and lock, which was kind of troublesome, and I was not aware that bed linens had to be purchased or rented upon arrival. I wish that would have been made more clear when I had booked; it could have saved me 65kr.

• 17th Oct 2014

We stayed in a very small 4-bed dorm with no windows and no air circulation. It smelled relly bad und there was not enough air for everyone to breathe.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Stayed for a party layover in Göteborg. Big thank you to the staff for being so friendly, helpful and relaxed!! Rooms and sanitary areas are clean. Kitchen is cozy and seemed fully equipped. I'm sure their breakfast is solid too but after a party night u might enjoy the brunch at avocado swedish catering with eggs, lots of bacon and freshly!! made waffles.

• 27th Sep 2014

We stayed for two nights. Everything was good, but not above-average. Some parts of the hostel seem to be recently renovated other parts should be. Nice and well equipped kitchen. Mixed clientele, not really a backpacker-atmosphere.

Great place. In every way

Small kitchen, rooms without windows, bad air ventilation

The hostel though ugly on the outside is clean and modern however the athosphere wasn't very lively at the time I was there. Hostel is somewhat out of the centre, but in a nice area with shops and restaurants. Beds are comfy and come equiped with a bedside lamp and socket which is convenient. Nice kitchen. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The fact that you have to pay (quite a lot) extra for your bedsheets was a bit of a drawback though, never had that before.

Hello Thank you for your review! We ( the weird swedes) see bringing our own sheets or travel sheets as a way of reducing costs. We as a Hostel provide sheets for those who forgets to bring their own. Best regards the Staff

Slottsskogens Youth Hostel is a really great place, but a bit far from the center of the city, so you should to take a public transport (In Sweden its not a problem, of course, just telling that is not so close). The staffs are friendly and attentive and everything is clean and organized, pretty confortable beds and rooms.

Good location close to bars and restaurants. Girl at reception was very helpful and friendly. Bathroom and showers were good and in large private rooms along the hallway. Recommeded.

Really comfy beds and clean showers, with a good kitchen!

• 30th Aug 2014

I stayed in both the backpackers and the hostel and I preferred the backpackers. The environment is a lot more intimate, there are less people and the building itself is more compact than the hostel/hotel. I was in a 12 bed dorm and it was the best big dorm I have ever stayed in in a backpackers! The hostel is fine too but it is combined with a hotel so there are more families and an older crowd. The kitchen in both buildings are well equipped and easy to use. Breakfast is worth the money!

They put me in a small bedroom without window with 4 people