Slottsskogens Youth Hostel Reviews

Vegagatan 21, Gothenburg, Sweden

Easy to access and good value for money

• 6th Mar 2015
  • sendmegbrev5206
  • Norway

We LOVE the sauna! it's not expensive at all and it's nice! The staff are really nice, they upgraded our room without charging us extra money because the room reserved for us was not yet available when we wanted to check in. We really appreciated that! It would be super nice if we stayed longer and joined the movie night everyday!

I didn't like the fact they ask you to clean your room when you leave (pass the vacuum cleaner and empty the trash bin, etc). I was wondering if I my room was only cleaned by the previous guest (although it seemed cleaned, but still). They charge you extra for the bed sheets (I didn't know that when I made the booking). The atmosphere was very quiet but OK, I went in a week day and almost didn't cross any other guest.

Nice hostel, great value, good location - loads of bars and restaurants nearby and the city centre was easily within walking distance. I brought a padlock with me for the under bed storage in the room but the handle didn't actually work so I couldn't lock it. The breakfast was great for the cost. Staff very friendly and helpful. Had to queue for a bathroom in the morning but otherwise it was fine.

• 7th Feb 2015

The Hostel was very clean and everyone was friendly but make sure that you bring your own sheets (not a sleeping bag). They are pretty expensive if you rent them. Overall a good stay and a decent location.

This hostel was perfect for our stay. The staff we're really friendly and helpful, especially the receptionist! The breakfast was lovely and was worth the extra money. Only criticism is having to pay extra for bed sheet, which I usually assume is part of the initial cost. However a highly recommended hostel, and we would defiantly return!

• 27th Dec 2014

Pros: Nice, clean facilities. Great location, easy to reach central & Andra Langgatan by tram or walking. I met cool people & had lots of fun. Cons: The staff were more interested in having private conversations then serving the paying customers. This is an expensive hostel - even by Swedish standards - and they still charge extra for sheets and expect you to clean your dormitory before checking out - absurd for the amount they charge for a dorm bed.

Clean and safe hostel, but the atmosphere was a hotel-like. Not much of a social place.

Bed linen charge is not needed

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Hostel is easy to get to on tram from the main train and bus stations. It’s in a quiet street and not much around for entertainment. Rooms and spacious and have television, mirrors and loads of storage. Kitchen is excellent. You need to clean before you leave, mop empty bins etc. or you have to pay extra for cleaning. Showers and toilet is adequate. Breakfast is available and place is very secure.

This was my first stay here and I was satisfied with the facilities. Nice selection of things for breakfast. When in Gothenburg again I will stay here again.

Very neat and tidy hostel. Very quiet, no noise, couldn't even hear the people in the room next door. Could also be because I was here in november, which is probably not a very busy time to visit Goteborg.

• 14th Nov 2014

Nice place, the single room is little, 2x3 m2, but very clean and safe!

I thought that the facilities were in general nice and clean, and while the location isn't prime for tourist spots, it was a really nice local area where you can get a true feel for the city. The only thing I will say is that the door to our room didn't always shut and lock, which was kind of troublesome, and I was not aware that bed linens had to be purchased or rented upon arrival. I wish that would have been made more clear when I had booked; it could have saved me 65kr.

• 17th Oct 2014

We stayed in a very small 4-bed dorm with no windows and no air circulation. It smelled relly bad und there was not enough air for everyone to breathe.

• 2nd Oct 2014