Slottsskogens Youth Hostel Reviews

Vegagatan 21, Gothenburg, Sweden

We stayed in a very small 4-bed dorm with no windows and no air circulation. It smelled relly bad und there was not enough air for everyone to breathe.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Stayed for a party layover in Göteborg. Big thank you to the staff for being so friendly, helpful and relaxed!! Rooms and sanitary areas are clean. Kitchen is cozy and seemed fully equipped. I'm sure their breakfast is solid too but after a party night u might enjoy the brunch at avocado swedish catering with eggs, lots of bacon and freshly!! made waffles.

• 27th Sep 2014

We stayed for two nights. Everything was good, but not above-average. Some parts of the hostel seem to be recently renovated other parts should be. Nice and well equipped kitchen. Mixed clientele, not really a backpacker-atmosphere.

Great place. In every way

Small kitchen, rooms without windows, bad air ventilation

The hostel though ugly on the outside is clean and modern however the athosphere wasn't very lively at the time I was there. Hostel is somewhat out of the centre, but in a nice area with shops and restaurants. Beds are comfy and come equiped with a bedside lamp and socket which is convenient. Nice kitchen. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The fact that you have to pay (quite a lot) extra for your bedsheets was a bit of a drawback though, never had that before.

Hello Thank you for your review! We ( the weird swedes) see bringing our own sheets or travel sheets as a way of reducing costs. We as a Hostel provide sheets for those who forgets to bring their own. Best regards the Staff

Slottsskogens Youth Hostel is a really great place, but a bit far from the center of the city, so you should to take a public transport (In Sweden its not a problem, of course, just telling that is not so close). The staffs are friendly and attentive and everything is clean and organized, pretty confortable beds and rooms.

Good location close to bars and restaurants. Girl at reception was very helpful and friendly. Bathroom and showers were good and in large private rooms along the hallway. Recommeded.

Really comfy beds and clean showers, with a good kitchen!

• 30th Aug 2014

I stayed in both the backpackers and the hostel and I preferred the backpackers. The environment is a lot more intimate, there are less people and the building itself is more compact than the hostel/hotel. I was in a 12 bed dorm and it was the best big dorm I have ever stayed in in a backpackers! The hostel is fine too but it is combined with a hotel so there are more families and an older crowd. The kitchen in both buildings are well equipped and easy to use. Breakfast is worth the money!

They put me in a small bedroom without window with 4 people

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Spain

There was a mistake in my booking, so my first night I had to stay in a tiny 6 bed dorm, but the staff rented me sheets for free as compensation which was really nice. The four bed dorm I moved to had lots more space but no window. The whole hostel is spotless, with a huge kitchen that has everything you need to make a nice meal and plenty of bathrooms. It is right by a gorgeous park and easy to get to the center of town, and the sauna is nice too.

This hostel is well located near the city centre... The only positive aspect... My room wasn't connected with the reception by any internal corridor. The external door of the building wasn't unlocked during the whole stay. My room was at the first floor while common bathrooms and showers are located at the second floor. Except for movie projection at evening no activity for the guests was organized.

I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied. We have rooms in more than one building, and there is only one reception. However there is a kitchen and common areas in direct connection to all our rooms. The front doors to every building are locked at all times, and our guests enter with their key cards. I hope that you will enjoy your stay better the next time!

Nice quiet hostel walking distance from the centre. Very clean. Breakfast is 70 sek but they have a very good kitchen and a supermarket 2 min away so we cooked breakfast by ourself. Was good to have wifi in a room a bit unstable though. First time in a hostel where you have to clean your room before leaving. Weird for the price they charge...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BEAUTIFUL STAY !

Clean with good guest kitchens. The bedrooms are very small, but if you're just looking for a place to sleep then it is fine here.

These guys don't mess about when it comes to cleanliness. However, they do mess about when it comes to bed linen + towels, so be sure to bring your own (WTF?) or be prepared to pay an extra.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Romania

That's really nice hostel with high quality and a focus on the right things.

Upside: People is so nice there, it is just incredible! It was our first contact with Swedes and we just fall in love with all of them. The kitchen is also a must, well equipped and mostly clean (depending of the customers...). It is well situated in an interesting part of town, history, bar and restaurant. Downside: There is limit to make us pay! Come on! Ok, I could understand to (overly) pay to rent of linen, but paying 80SEK for cleaning our room, this is just insane and taking us for fool

• 30th Jul 2014

Really nice staff, warm atmosphere... I'd definitely go again!

• 28th Jul 2014