Slottsskogens Youth Hostel Reviews

Vegagatan 21, Gothenburg, Sweden

I reserved a bed in a 4-bed dorm. The receptionist asked me several times to switch to the 12-beds dorm, and then he placed me in a 5-bed dorm. The arrangements were not at all as expected and were not according to reservation.

It was alright, but we had to clean the room and change the sheets, receptionist was very helpful. close to liseberg but if you use the kitchen clean the things you want to use, we saw many just put some water on it and put it back. also you get wath you pay for.

Stayed for 1 night. Location is quite far away, about a 40-50 min walk from central station. The dorms we were staying in looked old, the rooms were quite small (4 bed dorm) but quite clean and had a tv. The common area is quite big where films are played every night and you can play pool. Shared kitchen was large so quite sociable. Otherwise the atmosphere lacked slightly. The staff were really nice, went on a bar crawl with them! Would stay again, shame about the location.

great facilities -excellent paid breakfast -excellent, big, well equiped kitchen -plenty of computers provided with internet access -well organised pub crawl to make friends on -wifi works fine -good showers -key card access -unfortunately no locker in our room

I stayed in Number 250 room. But..in the room I felt the toilet smell... I think the toilet is next chamber so through the air vent, the smell might come to the room. But except that, everything was perfect.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Really nice hostel, stayed in a private twin room which we were surprised to discover guests have to do their own cleaning before leaving. Kitchen was great, big and with everything you need

Nice hostel. My tip: use the breakfast across the street at "Oliven". It's much cheaper than in the hostel.

Very well equipped kitchen. The rooms are ok, ours didn't have any windows; however most rooms have windows, so no worries. All in all a very decent hostel which i can recommend to others.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Great hostel. Very helpful staff and an extra large communal kitchen. I would recommend!

Nice hostel, though it is quite family oriented and not particularly social. The rooms all had TVs and there's plenty of things to watch in English. Although it's quite far from the central train station, it's in a cool part of Gothenburg and right by Slottskogen city park, which is lovely. All beds had their own outlet and there was sometimes a bit of a wait to use the bathrooms. It was a bit annoying that the smaller building's kitchen had no oven.

Really big kitchen, good as food can be expensive in Sweden. Nice and clean rooms. We had a 4 bed but no lockers though… Good huge breakfast but if you don't need too much fuss, go buy it at the supermarket 3 minutes away from the hostel and have it in the guest kitchen.

The hostel is located in a very lovely area, just 8 mins walk from Sofo (the hip bar area). Though it is a bit far from the city center, I didn't mind at all. The only bad things were that the hostel is in the basement (so be prepared to dark rooms) and the staff. They were nice when spoken to, but I wish they were more attentive and cheerful. All in all, that place was totally alright.

Thank you for your nice review. I just want to say that only 4 of our 87 rooms are located in a basement. And we are actually a very cheerful bunch, maybe you caught us on a stressful day. The Staff

Nice place, friendly stuff. I went there with my girlfriend in a private room, so I didn't get to interact that much with other people or make full use of the facilities. But overall I could say that it is a lovely place (amazing kitchen by the way).

I would stay here again, so this says pretty much everything. Its location may be a bit out of the way if you wish to stay near the city centre, but it's not that far anyway. It is located close to an avenue with markets, restaurants and bars. If there were lockers in the room, I wouldn't point out anything bad but truth is, there aren't, thus you need to be more careful.

Awesome breakfast

If you want sleep a night in good bed, without expensive hotel prices, this is right choice for you.

An Ok hostel, very close to tram and iidl. Good kitchen with all you would need. Bigger TV would be better. Not much of an atmosphere but is a good spot to chill-out in for a day's rest.

Staff were so friendly and helpful

Really liked the place. It's a nice 20 mins walk into town with some good bars on the way (or you can get the tram which is 50m from the front door). Would defiantly stay again if I went back

• 13th Jun 2014

If you stay here and there is a Swedish guy with an awesome moustache, make friends with him! Tono is awesome!!