Slottsskogens Youth Hostel Reviews

Vegagatan 21, Gothenburg, Sweden

Just one of the best hostels ever tried out. Also there's a sauna and a billiard. Good position, altough it's better if you take a tram to go to the center or in the north part of the city. Tram stop is next to the hostel. The streets around are full of restaurants and pubs as well. There is a botanical garden here in Goteborg, that is quite well known as attraction of the city, and it's near to the hostel, as well as the Naturhistoriska museet. Overall is reccomended for sure!

Everything went well without complications, seems reliable to me. The only annoying thing is that you have to bring your own bad sheets.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Czech Republic

bedsheets should be included within the price of the hostel, it's quite a ridiculous idea to think people will travel with bedsheets with them. There would also be a cleaning charge if the visitors left without vacuuming the room! Surely there should be dedicated cleaners for the hostel.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Easy to access and good value for money

• 6th Mar 2015
  • sendmegbrev5206
  • Norway

We LOVE the sauna! it's not expensive at all and it's nice! The staff are really nice, they upgraded our room without charging us extra money because the room reserved for us was not yet available when we wanted to check in. We really appreciated that! It would be super nice if we stayed longer and joined the movie night everyday!

I didn't like the fact they ask you to clean your room when you leave (pass the vacuum cleaner and empty the trash bin, etc). I was wondering if I my room was only cleaned by the previous guest (although it seemed cleaned, but still). They charge you extra for the bed sheets (I didn't know that when I made the booking). The atmosphere was very quiet but OK, I went in a week day and almost didn't cross any other guest.

Nice hostel, great value, good location - loads of bars and restaurants nearby and the city centre was easily within walking distance. I brought a padlock with me for the under bed storage in the room but the handle didn't actually work so I couldn't lock it. The breakfast was great for the cost. Staff very friendly and helpful. Had to queue for a bathroom in the morning but otherwise it was fine.

• 7th Feb 2015

The Hostel was very clean and everyone was friendly but make sure that you bring your own sheets (not a sleeping bag). They are pretty expensive if you rent them. Overall a good stay and a decent location.

This hostel was perfect for our stay. The staff we're really friendly and helpful, especially the receptionist! The breakfast was lovely and was worth the extra money. Only criticism is having to pay extra for bed sheet, which I usually assume is part of the initial cost. However a highly recommended hostel, and we would defiantly return!

• 27th Dec 2014

Pros: Nice, clean facilities. Great location, easy to reach central & Andra Langgatan by tram or walking. I met cool people & had lots of fun. Cons: The staff were more interested in having private conversations then serving the paying customers. This is an expensive hostel - even by Swedish standards - and they still charge extra for sheets and expect you to clean your dormitory before checking out - absurd for the amount they charge for a dorm bed.

Clean and safe hostel, but the atmosphere was a hotel-like. Not much of a social place.

Bed linen charge is not needed

• 10th Dec 2014