Slottsskogens Youth Hostel Reviews

Vegagatan 21, Gothenburg, Sweden

Nice quiet hostel walking distance from the centre. Very clean. Breakfast is 70 sek but they have a very good kitchen and a supermarket 2 min away so we cooked breakfast by ourself. Was good to have wifi in a room a bit unstable though. First time in a hostel where you have to clean your room before leaving. Weird for the price they charge...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BEAUTIFUL STAY !

Clean with good guest kitchens. The bedrooms are very small, but if you're just looking for a place to sleep then it is fine here.

These guys don't mess about when it comes to cleanliness. However, they do mess about when it comes to bed linen + towels, so be sure to bring your own (WTF?) or be prepared to pay an extra.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Romania

That's really nice hostel with high quality and a focus on the right things.

Upside: People is so nice there, it is just incredible! It was our first contact with Swedes and we just fall in love with all of them. The kitchen is also a must, well equipped and mostly clean (depending of the customers...). It is well situated in an interesting part of town, history, bar and restaurant. Downside: There is limit to make us pay! Come on! Ok, I could understand to (overly) pay to rent of linen, but paying 80SEK for cleaning our room, this is just insane and taking us for fool

• 30th Jul 2014

Really nice staff, warm atmosphere... I'd definitely go again!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Spain

I was very unlucky with this hostel, I was placed in one of the rooms with NO WINDOWS! I was horrified that any rooms like this exist, and that I was not given a discount for staying in such terrible conditions. I know few rooms at this hostel are like this, be aware that you may be placed here and still pay full price. Also, this hostel should change their advertisement to show that furniture has changed and many shared rooms have no drawers that can be locked.

• 25th Jul 2014

Good Hostel in a nice neighbourhood next to the Slottskogen. Really friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast buffet, nice common rooms and kitchen. BUT they put us in a really,really tiny 4-bed room without a window. We had more than 30 C outside... No lockers, no space, no daylight and it was so hot in there! You can store cleaning supplies in that room, but not people. And that for a price of more than 30 EUR a night is NOT fair!

I reserved a bed in a 4-bed dorm. The receptionist asked me several times to switch to the 12-beds dorm, and then he placed me in a 5-bed dorm. The arrangements were not at all as expected and were not according to reservation.

It was alright, but we had to clean the room and change the sheets, receptionist was very helpful. close to liseberg but if you use the kitchen clean the things you want to use, we saw many just put some water on it and put it back. also you get wath you pay for.

Stayed for 1 night. Location is quite far away, about a 40-50 min walk from central station. The dorms we were staying in looked old, the rooms were quite small (4 bed dorm) but quite clean and had a tv. The common area is quite big where films are played every night and you can play pool. Shared kitchen was large so quite sociable. Otherwise the atmosphere lacked slightly. The staff were really nice, went on a bar crawl with them! Would stay again, shame about the location.

great facilities -excellent paid breakfast -excellent, big, well equiped kitchen -plenty of computers provided with internet access -well organised pub crawl to make friends on -wifi works fine -good showers -key card access -unfortunately no locker in our room

I stayed in Number 250 room. But..in the room I felt the toilet smell... I think the toilet is next chamber so through the air vent, the smell might come to the room. But except that, everything was perfect.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Really nice hostel, stayed in a private twin room which we were surprised to discover guests have to do their own cleaning before leaving. Kitchen was great, big and with everything you need

Nice hostel. My tip: use the breakfast across the street at "Oliven". It's much cheaper than in the hostel.

Very well equipped kitchen. The rooms are ok, ours didn't have any windows; however most rooms have windows, so no worries. All in all a very decent hostel which i can recommend to others.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Great hostel. Very helpful staff and an extra large communal kitchen. I would recommend!

Nice hostel, though it is quite family oriented and not particularly social. The rooms all had TVs and there's plenty of things to watch in English. Although it's quite far from the central train station, it's in a cool part of Gothenburg and right by Slottskogen city park, which is lovely. All beds had their own outlet and there was sometimes a bit of a wait to use the bathrooms. It was a bit annoying that the smaller building's kitchen had no oven.

Really big kitchen, good as food can be expensive in Sweden. Nice and clean rooms. We had a 4 bed but no lockers though… Good huge breakfast but if you don't need too much fuss, go buy it at the supermarket 3 minutes away from the hostel and have it in the guest kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3