Small World Guesthouse in Kyoto

7.5
Very Good 338 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

Old Japanese house feeling with sliding doors and wooden floor. Very charming

7th Jul 2017

Very traditional house (roughly 100yr old), lots of character. Simple shared rooms, kitchen & lounge. Very friendly owner with a good command of English. Not so central to Kyoto for sightseeing but it was quiet and the bus stop is less than a minutes walk.

• Finland, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017

Single room was cozy and in a different part of the house compared to dorm rooms and kitchen. Old house and a small garden inbetween shower and kitchen migth be a shock for some. We saw only 1 other traveller there so the place was almost all to ourselves :D Maybe not the place if you are looking for socializing with other travellers and nigthlife. Nothing bad to say about this place! Would stay again.

6th May 2017
6.0

The whoe place was gloomy. Did not feel like the staff was very helpful. Location is a little far from everything. Also, I'm not sure how clean the beds were and the next day, I was really itchy and had small bumps all over my body. Would not recommend.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
3rd May 2017
5.7

The building is nice and it really gives you the traditional feeling but the beds weren't comfortable at all and the owner also wasn't so there to help when needed. They also didnt have any helpful maps for some reason and we had to ride to the station to get some information. All in all, a nice but not very comfortable place.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2017
4.3

owner needs to be more friendly. kitchen right next to the bedroom which makes it smell of food

• Malaysia, Female, 41+
1st May 2017
4.9

The room we stayed is not properly maintained. The door cannot locked. There're rats on top we guess. Because there were noisy sound when we are sleeping.

• lizzieahunter
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
30th Apr 2017

Such a gem. A bit of a trek to downtown but worth it for the homely atmosphere of a traditional guesthouse!

11th Apr 2017
7.4

It was so cold! It was a really cool place to stay, but might be better over summer, it prevented us from leaving our room to go socialize and meet others. Basically there is an open courtyard, so if you go to the shower or the bathroom you are going outside.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
7th Apr 2017
3.1

I didn't enjoy my stay here, and if you have other options I would book that instead. For an extra 500yen you can stay at a nice hostel, the price I would pay for this place would be max 1000yen. I think I would have slept better at a manga cafe. I was also locked out at night even though I wasn't told of a cerfew. There are no lockers to keep your things safe. In the extreme temperatures of summer or winter I think sleeping would be difficult.