Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

The hostel was very modern with great facilities. The location was really good, close to the train station and near the beach and Brighton Pier. The only problem I had was the noise - I'm not sure if it was a night club or something but it was so loud (on a Wednesday night) and I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep.

Perfect!!! Exactly what we were looking for, the breakfast wasn't great but I'd happily pay £5 more per person next time if there was a cooked buffet or something :) even if it meant us having to fill out a form of what we wanted for the morning. Thanks

• 15th Nov 2014

Close to the beach and nightlife / shopping area (in the middle of everything actually). The staff was great, very kind and helpful. Not a fan of 3 levels bunk beds though, but at least we had our own bathroom (room of 6).

Nice location and hostel, very close to the railway station. Great city!!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were of a good standard, with the beds being surprisingly comfy! Free wi-fi was another bonus, along with the close proximity to the clubs and pubs. Perfect for a weekend away if you just need a room to crash. Would definitely recommend this hostel, really pleasant stay and great value for money :)

Had great stay at the hostel. Liked the rooms a lot, even though we were surprised by the three-story beds. What we didn't like too much is that there was one bathroom with a shower and a toilet for a 12 bed dorm. At least a toilet on the hall would be great! Breakfast provided was good, but nothing more than toast and jam. But it's totally fine as it bring any additional costs with it. Stafff was very nice and helpful, loved that.

V good location good staff

Staff is the best part of this hostel. I would avoid 12 bed room. 6 bed room was very good and clean.

• 29th Oct 2014

We land in this very central hostel with a friend of mine just for a night. The location is great and the building very clean. Bad thing is when we arrive, we saw that the price changed from the price on Hostelworld… We paid £27 per person per night for a 6 bedrooms share instead of £11.87 on hostelworld. The second surprise was no bed available at all in our bedroom and we had to remove the dirty bed sheet use by the previous customer!!! very bad staff welcoming and helping.

Everything you could want from a hostel and the receptionist (Nuria) is absolutely lovely!

Really excellent stay accomodation so clean refreshing from other hostels I have been at recently wish I HAD FOUND THIS FIRST. STAFF FREINDLY AND ACCOMODATING. BREAKFAST GOOD STANDARD

• 24th Oct 2014

By far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. For starters, the receptionist stuffed up our bed numbers then thought it would be a good idea to come into my room at 4 am and question me. This was not the only time he barged into our room! This seemed to be a common occurrence, for no apparent reason, making us feel very uncomfortable. I have never slept in a smaller bed and the whole hostel felt like a shipping container! Way too overpriced! The receptionist alone put me off Brighton! Terrible

• 21st Oct 2014

I have a goo time thank you I can go beach 00:00: 30

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Japan

the whole place is nicely setup in general- spacy bedrooms despite 12 people in there. however, rooms are located over a night club and on the weekend the room's literally shaking from the bass and you think you right on the dancefloor. had a teenage girl group in my room havin a party all night despite trials to calm them down. wouldn't be surprised if that happened often cos its that part of town. so be prepared...or go somewhere else.

The woman who worked at reception here was so friendly, & was telling us good pubs to go to! The location in terms of the Beach / Pier is incredible. I will say though, its right on top of a club so if you're planning to get a good nights rest don't stay here! You can hear the club music PERFECTLY word for word. The hostel itself is average, a few bits and pieces needed fixing (and the fact that the powerpoints are in weird locations was a bit annoying!). Overrall, not the best, not the worst.

Would only not recommend staying on a weekend unless you're planning on being out all night, or are a veeery deep sleeper. Didn't effect me too much but the club is directly underneath and is gets preeeetty loud

I stayed at Brighton Smart hostel for 3 nights, mid week. It is a great place to stay! All the staff are friendly & welcoming, Darren was especially helpful, giving some good recommendations on where to go & things to see in Brighton. Ideal location, bus station a few minutes walk & train station not too far either. Clean & tidy rooms, beds seem to be a little shorter then usual. Fantastic staff. I highly recommend staying here.

Excellent location and close to all the night life. No lockers and the doors don't lock when someone leaves so they get stuck out. Bed was too short and i'm not that tall. Was good for getting home and opposite Pryzm and other clubs on west street and easy to get to the station.

It should be made clear that certain rooms have a serious noise issue being built above/adjacent? to a club. The beds vibrated with the noise and there was no sleep until the club closed. We were told by staff that it is not a hostel for 'sleeping'! This should be made clear before booking!!

I really enjoyed my stay there. The hostel was like a big family.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5