Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

The Hostel staff were amazing nothing was too much trouble. Very easy booking and checking in without a problem. Great location in the centre amongst all the nightlife and near the beach.

• 18th Apr 2015

I had the worst nights sleep I've ever had at this hostel. What the site doesn't make clear is that the hostel is actually located above a night club, worse we were in the room directly above it! The music was so loud and shook the floor, we didn't get to sleep until the night club had shut at 3am and even then the beds were horrible metal units and very uncomfortable, especially for tall people like myself. The room felt like a hospital ward, very clinical. I would not recommend.

• 11th Apr 2015

The hostel itself was clean and tidy, good value for money. However if you wish to sleep before 3am DONT stay here. The Bedrock nightclub downstairs which is open 7 days a week is very very loud!!

• 11th Apr 2015

could not sleep - close to noisy nightclubs. beds too short. rooms small and bare.

• Scotland

My fish and chips leftovers was stolen from the community fridge. The bathroom is the size of a bathroom on an airplane. However, the hostel throws a cube-sized shower and calls it a day. I held my breath when entering that little space

NIce place, nice staff, but when I asked for the city map, they hadn't any. I had a mixed dorm, so I asked for the earplugs, they hadn't. I think some of the people living there and they are not a tourists. Everything else is excellent.

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfortable! But the kitchen was tiny and not very usable. Also it was very loud because of the bar below.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Smart Hotel Brighton was a great place for a cheap overnight stay. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was clean and comfortable. Only comment was that for a 12 bed dorm, a 2nd bathroom would've been useful.

Excellent stay in a great location!

Room too hot. Friendly staff. no duvet cover.

• 2nd Apr 2015

I stayed in a private room with ensuite. Very clean, comfortable, compact, functional. Towels, toiletries, snacks, etc. were provided for. Breakfast was simple. Wifi connection was strong enough, but automatically disconnects after few hours. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

• 1st Apr 2015

The location is great, the members of staff are really nice. From our room we could hear loud music at night but if you go out you'll miss the noise anyway, clean everywhere and safe.

I stayed for 4 days Monday to Friday. The hostel staff were really friendly and welcoming. I had a private ensuite and the room was clean and modern. Fantastic value for what it is. Breakfast was extremely basic but was great that it was included. The only really downsides was the noise in the evenings from builders outside. I was often up at 4am due to loud phone call conversations or noisy works. However, I will definitely go back on my next trip to Brighton.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Great location - you can see the West Pier from the dining room area. Our room was very clean and the shower was pretty good. The Spanish girl who was on the desk as we were leaving provided some of the best customer service i've ever received! Breakfast is basic but good for being FREE! Just a few minutes walk from everything you need, the pier, the lanes, the royal pavilion, bars, clubs, etc. I'd definitely stay again

I had an amazing stay! Clean rooms, very nice location, and very friendly staff! On Friday and Saturday you can hear to music from the club downstairs, but it's totally manageable! Definitely going to book this hostel again if I stay in Brighton!

It was in general really good, the room was clean and had more things than I expected, like towels and shampoo. There towels, although they were clean, they smelled a little bit like when you leave the towels wet for too long and they get a weird smell. However, the breakfast was very poor in my point of view, the only two options were toast and cereal. At least some eggs and some fruits like apples and bananas could be served too. For me the breakfast was the only one real negative point.

Stayed in the 12 bed shared room with a friend, beds are comfortable but there are no lockers in the room and there is only one shared toilet in the room that can only be used one person at a time I also had to go down to the lobby to ask for toilet paper because there wasn't any there and the toilet wasn't very clean and didn't get cleaned for the 24hrs I stayed there. Free breakfast that consists of cereal and toast, tea coffee or juice. Free WiFi and staff were friendly

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Electricity in the room cut out at one point- took around 20 minutes for it to be sorted. Some horrific guests also staying there- abusive to staff, rude, shouting etc.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Thank's a lot for your feedback, I'm really sorry about the electricity problem that we had that day, our maintenance guys are always around and they tried to solve the problem as quick as possible. Hope to see you again Best regards Smart Brighton Beach

Friendly staff, great location, clean good value

Great place to stay just minutes from the beach and a 5-10 minute walk to the Lanes. Stayed in a private double room which was spotlessly clean and had a handy little ensuite. The wifi at this place is excellent with speed and coverage across the premises. The free basic breakfast is a nice bonus too. The staff are absolutely amazing; very helpful, polite and aimiable; professionals rather than long term backpackers. This place is excellent value for money. Would go back anytime.

• 3rd Mar 2015