Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

Great location - you can see the West Pier from the dining room area. Our room was very clean and the shower was pretty good. The Spanish girl who was on the desk as we were leaving provided some of the best customer service i've ever received! Breakfast is basic but good for being FREE! Just a few minutes walk from everything you need, the pier, the lanes, the royal pavilion, bars, clubs, etc. I'd definitely stay again

• 21st Mar 2015

I had an amazing stay! Clean rooms, very nice location, and very friendly staff! On Friday and Saturday you can hear to music from the club downstairs, but it's totally manageable! Definitely going to book this hostel again if I stay in Brighton!

Stayed in the 12 bed shared room with a friend, beds are comfortable but there are no lockers in the room and there is only one shared toilet in the room that can only be used one person at a time I also had to go down to the lobby to ask for toilet paper because there wasn't any there and the toilet wasn't very clean and didn't get cleaned for the 24hrs I stayed there. Free breakfast that consists of cereal and toast, tea coffee or juice. Free WiFi and staff were friendly

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Electricity in the room cut out at one point- took around 20 minutes for it to be sorted. Some horrific guests also staying there- abusive to staff, rude, shouting etc.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Thank's a lot for your feedback, I'm really sorry about the electricity problem that we had that day, our maintenance guys are always around and they tried to solve the problem as quick as possible. Hope to see you again Best regards Smart Brighton Beach

Friendly staff, great location, clean good value

Great place to stay just minutes from the beach and a 5-10 minute walk to the Lanes. Stayed in a private double room which was spotlessly clean and had a handy little ensuite. The wifi at this place is excellent with speed and coverage across the premises. The free basic breakfast is a nice bonus too. The staff are absolutely amazing; very helpful, polite and aimiable; professionals rather than long term backpackers. This place is excellent value for money. Would go back anytime.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Friendly staff, clean room, secure doors so we felt our laptops were safe, right next to the sea and the main areas. Breakfast was minimum but enough and free. Was pleasantly surprised by the private double room: en suite with TV, coffee and everything, just like a hotel room. Nice! More than good enough I'd say!

Brand new, lovely and clean. Beds comfy, rooms fine if a little small. En suits for rooms fine, but again, a little small. Showers hot and powerful. Really good central location, but no parking. Would recommend taking car out of town for duration and getting bus back in.... Car parks very very expensive. Friendly staff and security, large dining area but small kitchen, So plenty of room to socialise. I would happily stay here Again :)

• 27th Feb 2015

Ventilations in toilets need to be improved.

The stay in general was fine but i found the 3 storey bunks very inconvenient as well as the fact that the wifi only worked the first day of my stay and not the other 2. Also there are no lockers in the room even though the facilities section of the hostel listing claim there is.

Thank's for your feedback, I'm really sorry about the wifi because it usually works without any problem. We do not have lockers on the rooms, because we have them on the reception. We have a luggage room free of charge and also security boxes for 2£/day. We'll be pleased to have you back. Regards Smart Brighton Beach

Seeing rats in the road just outside the hostel was not very pleasant. No flexibility in adjusting booking meant we had to pay for an extra bed that wasn't used. Checkout time seems early and overly inflexible.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The only negative comment I have about Smart Brighton Beach is that I did not sleep until 2 o'clock in the morning on both nights as my room overlooked the smoking area of a club. The people who drank in that club had a tendency to scream constantly. It was pretty horrible.

Very happy with my stay in Brighton. The hostel is in the perfect spot for night life, shopping and there are loads of restaurants near by even a cinema! Highly recommend going to the American diner around the corner. One improvement would be maybe to have lockers in the room but had no problems leaving belongings in there and you can store suitcases with reception. One bathroom for all in dorm. No curfew and had card keys to get in and also free wifi. Would definitely stay again! 5* for value.

• 14th Feb 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us. Please, don’t hesitate in get in touch with us in your next stay in Brighton as we will be pleased to welcoming you back! Kind regards, Smart Brighton Beach.

Breakfast was pretty poor, but included so no points taken for that. Otherwise the location is super nice, but during the weekends some of the rooms are headed towards the big street which is quite noisy. Staff was nice and security high, soI felt pretty safe as a guest within the hostel.

• 12th Feb 2015

In this hostel the bathrooms are in each sleeping room which might make people living in the hostel for a long time (because they are actually living there while doing their job) leave their stuff in the bathroom which is not nice at all for other guests. The breakfast is okay but the kitchen is horrible since you just have an oven to put in ready meals, you are not allowed to cook and you even have to ask the staff for silver wear.

Thank's for your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that because we do not have any long terms living in that kind of room, so it may be another customer that left the stuff in the bathroom. About the kitchen unfortunately for security reasons we do not allow to cook, it's a little kitchen so be want it to be safe but we'll have a new big kitchen soon where everyone will be able to cook. We invite you to come to Smart Brighton Beach on the summer time I'm sure you'll have a great experience.

the staff were really friendly I loved the lounge area it was so comfortable I loved the view of the beach

• 12th Feb 2015

The attitude of your current staff is extremely bellow par. They have no public customers relations skills or training.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Zambia

Place was really nice staff were lovely and great value for money. Only negative was the bathrooms were a bit like indoor portaloo's!

Stayed in a 4 bed family room with ensuite and was very impressed we had a single bed to ourselves which was clean and comfortable and the ensuite was clean. We was also given a key card for the room each so we could come and go as we pleased. Security and staff were very helpful. Pryzm was across the street and Bedrock and Revs underneath the hostel. The only quarms I had was that we didn't have a mirror in our room (with 4 girls) and parking was pricy. Great place to crash for the weekend :)

• 6th Feb 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had an overall good impression of your stay with us and we would be very happy to welcoming you back in near future! Kind regards, Smart Brighton Beach.

If you are sensitive to noise, you should bring earplugs since the hostel is right above a nightclub, but to me it wasn't really a big deal. The sheets in the dorm were clean, the bathroom too. The train station, the city centre and the Pier are located at walking distances. I'd recommend this hostel for people from around 18 to 30.

• 30th Jan 2015