Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

It's in a very central location and everything you need is there. There are a few things stopping it from being great. The rental towels are low quality and leave fluff everywhere. Paying a £10 deposit for a key is a lot. The beds are on boards which arent connected to the frames, so move around. No storage in the dorms, so there is stuff all over the floor. Saying this, I would potentially stay again, it is just feedback for the hostel to improve.

This hostel is above a nightclub, I had planned on getting an early night which turned out to not be an option as my room on the second floor sounded like it was actually inside the nightclub and I couldn't get to sleep until 0300 when the club closed. Its not an exaggeration to say that I couldn't just hear the bass of the club reverberating around the room but could actually hear the lyrics too. Shocking that its not mentioned anywhere on their site.

• 30th Jan 2016

It was very loud in the night, because you can hear an feel the bass from the music. The beds vibrates. The bathroom smells very strong! It stunks!

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

Very nice hostel, very clean, very good location and friendly staff. But they don't lie about it : it is above a night club indeed, so you'd better like very loud music!

The second worse hostel I have ever been in my 33 years of travelling😡

• 21st Jan 2016

Really good location , my room was amazingly clean , a bit noisy tho but after all good place I def stay there again

We had a lovely time and enjoyed our stay. We will be staying again :-) Amazing value for money. Thank you

• 16th Jan 2016

Excellent all round nil complaints very happy with my stsy.

The service was good. But I was really disappointed as I could not sleep up to 3:00 am in the morning as just below the room there is a club which was playing very very loud music. Literally the beats were making vibrations in the room. Hostel should find some solution for this issue.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • India

There is a nightclub right below the hostel. It was so loud that our entire room was vibrating. My sister upon arrival told the staff that she wasn't feeling well, and whilst he warned us that there would be a bit of noise we did not realise that there was no way we would sleep until 4am! The room was lovely and very clean but the location is not worth it unless you plan to party all night. Also a random guy managed to enter our friends room so the key cards may be all the same.. not very safe!

The hostel is attached to a club, and the club music reverberates through the walls in some of the rooms. Nice staff, but the check out staff was a bit rude.

It was exceptionally clean, with a friendly atmosphere, the staff were wonderful

• 15th Dec 2015

Impossible to sleep (which is the main reason you check in to a hostel,) because of loud nightclub music shaking the beds till 3am each morning. Ended up going and sleeping in my car......in December!

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Wales

Exactly what you'd expect from a 7£ a night hostel

The place is very cheap, with good locality to nightlife and the few sites to see.

Great location, great staff, great security

There was only 1 toilet for 12 person room. The dining room was without toilet. And third, only one sheet was provided, considering that the blanket wasn't very cleanc and there was no sheet for it. It is boring to rest in the common room and to have to climb the stairs to go to the toilet in your room. Kitchen was a bit dirty. The stuff is nice and friendly.However I would not recommend it if you wish to stay at a clean and calm hostel ( too noisy in the night).

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

While I was in the room, another guest in the next room was able to open my door with their key - by mistake. The room also smelled very strongly of cigarettes, despite being otherwise very clean and comfortable. The noise from the bar downstairs was a little loud, but ended not too late. The staff were very helpful and friendly, so no complaints there.

• 11th Dec 2015

Would have been nice to be told about the noise from the nightclub downstairs when checking in

• 7th Dec 2015

The room was pretty basic but it was excellent value for money. The location was absolutely perfect, right on the seafront and near the pubs/clubs. The staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant.

• 5th Dec 2015