Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

Awesome location right by the beach. Clean bathrooms and good hot showers. I didn't have a towel with me and thought £6 for one from reception was a bit steep.

Really nice clean place to stay. Location was fantastic right in the centre and on the beach ! Beds we're comfy and didn't squeak. I do think towels should have been provided but really not the end of the world. overall excellent place to stay!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Friendly and helpful receptions. They let me use the staff toilet on the ground floor when I came back get my luggage. Clean environment throughout. Location near waterfront, cafes and shops.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Top hostel! Has great potential in the summer with its location to the beach. Clean building with good dining area and free breakfast. It's ideal for short stays as it is in a noisy area with clubs nearby and some may get sick of the characters that stay there. So it's perfect for a weekends stay. The best thing about this hostel are the staff. Super friendly and helpful people! Special mention goes to Nuria who was very kind and always up for a chat. Felt like staying with friends here :)

I would never stay here again. For the price the location is good but the bathrooms were disgusting and the hostel had a weird atmosphere. I wouldn't really call it a youth hostel

I can see that this place will be fantastic in summer with it's beachfront location, but in winter it's just very damp and windy. Strong wifi in the rooms, super lovely receptionist, bunks don't squeak, everything looks nice and freshly painted with cute wall art. No lockers in rooms, no laundry on site or close by, no bath mats to prevent the whole cubicle from getting soaked, not enough power outlets by bunks, no signage on main street. I'd come back in summer for sure.

First class staff, location and clean

floor in the breakfast romm was sticky - staff was aware of this but was to lazy to clean it

B is the coolest Polish Hostel reception girl you'll ever meet - I love her ! 2nd in command is Romanian Marin. He doubles up as the Hostel 'warm up' man. If you are a single guy, go out with Marin to the bars at night. Every bar he enters, all the girls just stop and stare. He has girls eating out of his hand ! I have never seen anything like it. His Lady Gaga impressions are the best. This Hostel should be rated 1000 % 100 % is not high enough. B, will you marry me ? Soft hugs Dave. x

strange atmosphere

Super clean and well laid out, no lugging bags up tiny staircases here!

BEWARE!!!!!!!!! THIS HOSTEL WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH YOU CANCEL ACCORDING THE TERMS AND CONTITIONS.

The staff were lovely, and as soon as we arrived it looked great from reception. The location is good as its right by the town and bars. The room however was very disappointing, we paid for 3 bed but there were only 2 in the room as someone had messed up and used the third, so me and my friend had to share the middle bunk of 3, remember that this is a single too. We arrived at 9:30 and the people we were sharing were rude and we had to sit downstairs. I personally wouldn't go back.

• 13th Dec 2014

This place is fine, but a few design improvements could get this place to 90% Get a proper kitchen. There is plenty of space in the breakfast bar. If you installed a kitchen at the far end it would improve the atmosphere a lot. Install 2 toilets downstairs where the existing kitchen is now. No communal toilets is a pain when sharing an ensuite with 10 others Seal the windows to stop the cold wind & save on heating bills Coat hooks I studied Building Design & I was a Hostel worker. Tom

My family and I would recommend staying at your hostel the rooms are basic but very clean, with friendly staff and in an excellent location will be coming back. Thank you

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Good location and clean building however if you want to socialise and meet people I recommend going somewhere else. No common area either.

Fantastic hostel - right near the beach and in the middle of Brighton. The staff were really friendly and helpful, even at half 5 in the morning when we were having trouble with our key card! Room was basic as you would expect for the price, but really clean and had everything you need. Would definitely stay here again - already planning our next visit in January.

• 6th Dec 2014

Any level of service depends on how much are you charged.

Most oh things are OK, but so many drunk idiots outside on Fri and Sat night, therefore you can not sleep properly.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Lithuania

The staff when we checked in where very friendly and helped out to find us beds when there were more people in a room than there was meant to be. The rest of the hostel was quite dirty including the shower and room. You got bedding but the blanket was really dirty and not a great stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6