Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

This place is fine, but a few design improvements could get this place to 90% Get a proper kitchen. There is plenty of space in the breakfast bar. If you installed a kitchen at the far end it would improve the atmosphere a lot. Install 2 toilets downstairs where the existing kitchen is now. No communal toilets is a pain when sharing an ensuite with 10 others Seal the windows to stop the cold wind & save on heating bills Coat hooks I studied Building Design & I was a Hostel worker. Tom

My family and I would recommend staying at your hostel the rooms are basic but very clean, with friendly staff and in an excellent location will be coming back. Thank you

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Good location and clean building however if you want to socialise and meet people I recommend going somewhere else. No common area either.

Fantastic hostel - right near the beach and in the middle of Brighton. The staff were really friendly and helpful, even at half 5 in the morning when we were having trouble with our key card! Room was basic as you would expect for the price, but really clean and had everything you need. Would definitely stay here again - already planning our next visit in January.

• 6th Dec 2014

Any level of service depends on how much are you charged.

Most oh things are OK, but so many drunk idiots outside on Fri and Sat night, therefore you can not sleep properly.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Lithuania

The staff when we checked in where very friendly and helped out to find us beds when there were more people in a room than there was meant to be. The rest of the hostel was quite dirty including the shower and room. You got bedding but the blanket was really dirty and not a great stay.

The hostel was very modern with great facilities. The location was really good, close to the train station and near the beach and Brighton Pier. The only problem I had was the noise - I'm not sure if it was a night club or something but it was so loud (on a Wednesday night) and I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep.

Perfect!!! Exactly what we were looking for, the breakfast wasn't great but I'd happily pay £5 more per person next time if there was a cooked buffet or something :) even if it meant us having to fill out a form of what we wanted for the morning. Thanks

• 15th Nov 2014

Close to the beach and nightlife / shopping area (in the middle of everything actually). The staff was great, very kind and helpful. Not a fan of 3 levels bunk beds though, but at least we had our own bathroom (room of 6).

Nice location and hostel, very close to the railway station. Great city!!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were of a good standard, with the beds being surprisingly comfy! Free wi-fi was another bonus, along with the close proximity to the clubs and pubs. Perfect for a weekend away if you just need a room to crash. Would definitely recommend this hostel, really pleasant stay and great value for money :)

Had great stay at the hostel. Liked the rooms a lot, even though we were surprised by the three-story beds. What we didn't like too much is that there was one bathroom with a shower and a toilet for a 12 bed dorm. At least a toilet on the hall would be great! Breakfast provided was good, but nothing more than toast and jam. But it's totally fine as it bring any additional costs with it. Stafff was very nice and helpful, loved that.

V good location good staff

Staff is the best part of this hostel. I would avoid 12 bed room. 6 bed room was very good and clean.

• 29th Oct 2014

We land in this very central hostel with a friend of mine just for a night. The location is great and the building very clean. Bad thing is when we arrive, we saw that the price changed from the price on Hostelworld… We paid £27 per person per night for a 6 bedrooms share instead of £11.87 on hostelworld. The second surprise was no bed available at all in our bedroom and we had to remove the dirty bed sheet use by the previous customer!!! very bad staff welcoming and helping.

Everything you could want from a hostel and the receptionist (Nuria) is absolutely lovely!

Really excellent stay accomodation so clean refreshing from other hostels I have been at recently wish I HAD FOUND THIS FIRST. STAFF FREINDLY AND ACCOMODATING. BREAKFAST GOOD STANDARD

• 24th Oct 2014

By far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. For starters, the receptionist stuffed up our bed numbers then thought it would be a good idea to come into my room at 4 am and question me. This was not the only time he barged into our room! This seemed to be a common occurrence, for no apparent reason, making us feel very uncomfortable. I have never slept in a smaller bed and the whole hostel felt like a shipping container! Way too overpriced! The receptionist alone put me off Brighton! Terrible

• 21st Oct 2014