Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

Brand new, lovely and clean. Beds comfy, rooms fine if a little small. En suits for rooms fine, but again, a little small. Showers hot and powerful. Really good central location, but no parking. Would recommend taking car out of town for duration and getting bus back in.... Car parks very very expensive. Friendly staff and security, large dining area but small kitchen, So plenty of room to socialise. I would happily stay here Again :)

• 27th Feb 2015

Ventilations in toilets need to be improved.

The stay in general was fine but i found the 3 storey bunks very inconvenient as well as the fact that the wifi only worked the first day of my stay and not the other 2. Also there are no lockers in the room even though the facilities section of the hostel listing claim there is.

Thank's for your feedback, I'm really sorry about the wifi because it usually works without any problem. We do not have lockers on the rooms, because we have them on the reception. We have a luggage room free of charge and also security boxes for 2£/day. We'll be pleased to have you back. Regards Smart Brighton Beach

Seeing rats in the road just outside the hostel was not very pleasant. No flexibility in adjusting booking meant we had to pay for an extra bed that wasn't used. Checkout time seems early and overly inflexible.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The only negative comment I have about Smart Brighton Beach is that I did not sleep until 2 o'clock in the morning on both nights as my room overlooked the smoking area of a club. The people who drank in that club had a tendency to scream constantly. It was pretty horrible.

Very happy with my stay in Brighton. The hostel is in the perfect spot for night life, shopping and there are loads of restaurants near by even a cinema! Highly recommend going to the American diner around the corner. One improvement would be maybe to have lockers in the room but had no problems leaving belongings in there and you can store suitcases with reception. One bathroom for all in dorm. No curfew and had card keys to get in and also free wifi. Would definitely stay again! 5* for value.

• 14th Feb 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us. Please, don’t hesitate in get in touch with us in your next stay in Brighton as we will be pleased to welcoming you back! Kind regards, Smart Brighton Beach.

Breakfast was pretty poor, but included so no points taken for that. Otherwise the location is super nice, but during the weekends some of the rooms are headed towards the big street which is quite noisy. Staff was nice and security high, soI felt pretty safe as a guest within the hostel.

• 12th Feb 2015

In this hostel the bathrooms are in each sleeping room which might make people living in the hostel for a long time (because they are actually living there while doing their job) leave their stuff in the bathroom which is not nice at all for other guests. The breakfast is okay but the kitchen is horrible since you just have an oven to put in ready meals, you are not allowed to cook and you even have to ask the staff for silver wear.

Thank's for your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that because we do not have any long terms living in that kind of room, so it may be another customer that left the stuff in the bathroom. About the kitchen unfortunately for security reasons we do not allow to cook, it's a little kitchen so be want it to be safe but we'll have a new big kitchen soon where everyone will be able to cook. We invite you to come to Smart Brighton Beach on the summer time I'm sure you'll have a great experience.

the staff were really friendly I loved the lounge area it was so comfortable I loved the view of the beach

• 12th Feb 2015

The attitude of your current staff is extremely bellow par. They have no public customers relations skills or training.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Zambia

Place was really nice staff were lovely and great value for money. Only negative was the bathrooms were a bit like indoor portaloo's!

Stayed in a 4 bed family room with ensuite and was very impressed we had a single bed to ourselves which was clean and comfortable and the ensuite was clean. We was also given a key card for the room each so we could come and go as we pleased. Security and staff were very helpful. Pryzm was across the street and Bedrock and Revs underneath the hostel. The only quarms I had was that we didn't have a mirror in our room (with 4 girls) and parking was pricy. Great place to crash for the weekend :)

• 6th Feb 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had an overall good impression of your stay with us and we would be very happy to welcoming you back in near future! Kind regards, Smart Brighton Beach.

If you are sensitive to noise, you should bring earplugs since the hostel is right above a nightclub, but to me it wasn't really a big deal. The sheets in the dorm were clean, the bathroom too. The train station, the city centre and the Pier are located at walking distances. I'd recommend this hostel for people from around 18 to 30.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Awesome location right by the beach. Clean bathrooms and good hot showers. I didn't have a towel with me and thought £6 for one from reception was a bit steep.

Really nice clean place to stay. Location was fantastic right in the centre and on the beach ! Beds we're comfy and didn't squeak. I do think towels should have been provided but really not the end of the world. overall excellent place to stay!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Friendly and helpful receptions. They let me use the staff toilet on the ground floor when I came back get my luggage. Clean environment throughout. Location near waterfront, cafes and shops.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are really happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the hostel. We would be pleased to welcoming you back in the near future! Kind regards, Smart Brighton Beach.

Top hostel! Has great potential in the summer with its location to the beach. Clean building with good dining area and free breakfast. It's ideal for short stays as it is in a noisy area with clubs nearby and some may get sick of the characters that stay there. So it's perfect for a weekends stay. The best thing about this hostel are the staff. Super friendly and helpful people! Special mention goes to Nuria who was very kind and always up for a chat. Felt like staying with friends here :)

I would never stay here again. For the price the location is good but the bathrooms were disgusting and the hostel had a weird atmosphere. I wouldn't really call it a youth hostel

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that our hostel didn’t meet your expectations, I’ll bring the issue to our housekeepers. We would be happy to hear from you in the future. Kind regards Smart Brighton Beach

I can see that this place will be fantastic in summer with it's beachfront location, but in winter it's just very damp and windy. Strong wifi in the rooms, super lovely receptionist, bunks don't squeak, everything looks nice and freshly painted with cute wall art. No lockers in rooms, no laundry on site or close by, no bath mats to prevent the whole cubicle from getting soaked, not enough power outlets by bunks, no signage on main street. I'd come back in summer for sure.

First class staff, location and clean

Dear guest, Thank you for your positive review! We would be pleased to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Smart Brighton Beach Hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5