Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

This hostel was ideal! Absolutely perfect location, short walk from everything we wanted. Staff were friendly and happy to help and answer questions. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Overall a great stay, would definitely go again :)

• 29th Jul 2015

It was a good experience for a budget holiday. Real good value for money.

• 29th Jul 2015

I only stayed two nights in one of the dorm room. A bit too crowded and loud, but it was alright for a short stay. Had to leave very early in the morning both days, so couldn't taste breakfast but heard good things about it. Great location and lovely staff. Thumbs up for everything!

Room 114 is very loud and shakes from the bass of the music below. Staff are very friendly and welcoming. The room it's self isn't very clean but depends on who you are sharing with, my girlfriend had spotty skin/ a rash after from the bed linen and environment. We were glad to leave but due to the value I think we got what we paid for.

• 28th Jul 2015

I was afraid to stay in a 21-bed-dorm but it was pretty okay. You have a curtain in front of every bed, so some privacy. Unfortunately there are only 2 bathrooms for 21 people.. That's not enough! And they are aaalways flooded from the showers, disgusting. Breakfast/kitchen area are okay, location is very good. It's kind of loud in the room though from the bars downstairs.

• 27th Jul 2015

I could not sleep because of the ridiculous volume of the bass from the nightclub downstairs. Given that it is especially loud on Friday and Saturday nights it is astounding that they have the nerve to charge so much. Customers should get a discount for the inconvenience. When I decided to cancel my second night in light of the appalling conditions, I was told that it was too late to cancel. Had the room been satisfactory I would have understood. But it was not.

• 24th Jul 2015

Nice hostel but it's located just above a night club so we didnt get any sleep ubtil 3am due to the bathroom and beds shaking

We stayed in a double room which was not different to any hotel room it was clean and in a great location. The only thing that I felt let the stay down was the breakfast, I think they should specify that "breakfast included" is only toast, and just leaving a huge tub of butter and jam out is a bit unhygienic maybe the smaller sachets of butter and jam would be better.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Perfect location to the beach within 5 minutes walk, but limited space in the room

Two toilets/showers shared between 21 people is not really enough. Also I dropped my tablet off a third-story bunk bed and it broke, that's not the hostel's fault at all but I just wanted to whine some more in case it made me feel better.

Ridiculously noisy. The beds were shaking from the bass from the Walkabout downstairs which goes on until 3am. I genuinely cannot believe they have a place for people to sleep here. I complained about the noise and the staff member matter of a factly the music went on until 3am. I was however upgraded to a slightly less noisy room on my first night, and to a room at the top of the hostel when I asked for a refund for the remaining two nights the following morning.

Sad I only had 1 night to stay here. Great hostel. Plenty of space, comfortable beds, curtains around the beds for privacy and great view from the windows. Right by the beach! I will definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jul 2015

We only stayed for a few hours (got in late, left early) and it only cost us 8 quid each so there isn't much to complain about. The only thing was that there were no assigned beds, and when we got to the room we'd been assigned to, there weren't enough empty beds for the both of us so we had to be assigned to a different room. The staff were very helpful so it wasn't a big issue, but it could probably be avoided by simply assigning beds.

Good morning, thanks a lot for your feedback. We consider an advantage the fact of don't assigned beds numbers because like that everyone can choose the bed that they like the most (some people like to stay near the door, the upper bed...) . What sometimes happen is that some customers put their stuff in other beds, sorry for the inconvenience, we hope to see you back. Have a lovely day Best regards Smart Brighton Beach

The location was very good but the atmosphere wasn't amazing, although it's super easy to have a great time in Brighton so we didn't really find it an issue. The staff were very friendly, and happy to help out. We stayed in a very quiet room it our friend stayed in a foo above the club downstairs and it was unbearably loud, very hard to sleep before 3am.

The hostel was in a great location, close to the beach and walking distance from the bus station to where I explored South Ways Down national park in Sussex. Would recommend no to stay in a 21 bed dorm, its just a bit chaotic.

Wonderful stay at a wonderful hostel. Staff was friendly, people were cool, WiFi worked great. My one note is that in a larger rooms (21 people) we had just two showers. A third would've been ideal but it wasn't a huge issues. The showers themselves were clean and worked great. Again, highly recommend this hostel, great location and a great spot.

We had read previous reviews so we were aware of the noise problem. Our stay was fine for a night as elsewhere was booked out. very overpriced

Stayed in the 21 bed room, lots of nice people and great location if you don't mind a cheeky drink. Do get a bit of noise from the clubs but I suppose you expect that when you're right in the thick of Brightons night life.

This hostel was pretty bottom of the barrel. The bunks are stacked three high, so less space for all. The bathroom was a literal water closet. Every time someone took a shower the whole room would be soaked. Reception was not friendly and actually snapped at my once for asking where to go shopping for food. The kitchen was very small, which is fine except for the fact that hours were limited. No cooking on the weekends at all! What's the point? The only good thing was the location.

Large club underneath, meaning the beds were literally shaking from the bass of the club music. The atmosphere: there were some friendly people but it was filled with construction workers and the entire vibe was incredibly uncomfortable for two mid 20 aged women. There was absolutely nowhere to lock your belongings, and to even fasten or lock belongings to a bed was hard because there were so many people. Showers WERE FILTHY, SMELLY, like a trailer park. Never again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5