Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

The ensuite private room is directly above a club. It was SO loud in our room the bed shock and we couldn't hear each other till 3.30am. Then everyone came back from the club and sat, shouted and smoked outside our window. The toilet blocked and we couldn't use it and the shower drain wasn't working properly and so flooded into main room. We spent £160 a night and sleeping was impossible under the circumstances.

• 23rd May 2015

The breakfast was a darned cheek. No savory spread and just one kind of jam, not even honey! The rooms and beds were okay, but ours didn't have curtains, which all the other rooms had....

• 16th May 2015
  • Austria

Great location, right next to the beach and the bars (meant it was a bit noisey at night but that didn't bother us). Very clean. friendly, helpful staff. Comfy beds.

Staff where friendly and helpful and had good suggestions about activities! When arriving at a hostel in a new area it's always good to have maps available this hostel didn't have any maps or visitor information! breakfast was good and facilities were basic but clean! The atmosphere was pretty average

V friendly helpful staff, great location, safe clean hostel. Excellent

Nice, reasonably priced a d well located place

• 3rd May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very clean and tidy. Great location where every thing is in walking distance, staff was very nice and polite and facilities very clean. I stayed in a 14 bunk dorm which was cheapest and my night was ok considering the normal circumstances being a traveller sharing a room with so many people there seemed be a snoring competition between the guys

• 29th Apr 2015

The kitchen is very small, with limited utensils. It is not possible to use the hobs - which I only learnt when arriving back at the hostel with my planned dinner. The staff could have warned about this. There is little atmosphere in the hostel, the only communal space is the breakfast room, and the interiors are whitewashed like a chain hotel. There are also few power points in the dorms, so keep phones charged etc is difficult. However, the staff were friendly and it was a cheap stay.

Good morning, thanks for your feedback. We allow the customers to cook using the hob as soon as is a reasonable time and they stay in the kitchen meanwhile. I'm sorry to hear that. About the phones, you can always leave them in the reception and we can charge it for you. The hostel is brand new and in great conditions, we hope to see you back. Have a great day. Best regards Smart Brighton Beach

Breakfast was not varied or tasty, one shower-toilet-room for a 12-people dorm is sometimes difficult to manage! The place is well situated, staff members were nice and helpful

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Hotel quality hostel!

The Hostel was very clean and the showers and bathrooms are excellent the twelve bed dorm was very spacious. would recommend to friends

• 25th Apr 2015

We stayed in a private room with bathroom. The room was absolutely ok. The location is excellent, close to the pier, bars, clubs, restaurants. There was some noise in the morning due to a small construction site next to the hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely come back to Smart Brighton Beach!

The Hostel staff were amazing nothing was too much trouble. Very easy booking and checking in without a problem. Great location in the centre amongst all the nightlife and near the beach.

• 18th Apr 2015

More bathrooms were needed for the 14 person dorm. Lockers or secure storage spaces in the room would have been nice too. The hostel is in a fantastic location, just off Kings road and a steps away from Brighton. Beach. While the hostel is plain and simple without much character, the city of Brighton more than makes up for it. Typical hostel breakfast and good WiFi.

I had the worst nights sleep I've ever had at this hostel. What the site doesn't make clear is that the hostel is actually located above a night club, worse we were in the room directly above it! The music was so loud and shook the floor, we didn't get to sleep until the night club had shut at 3am and even then the beds were horrible metal units and very uncomfortable, especially for tall people like myself. The room felt like a hospital ward, very clinical. I would not recommend.

• 11th Apr 2015

The hostel itself was clean and tidy, good value for money. However if you wish to sleep before 3am DONT stay here. The Bedrock nightclub downstairs which is open 7 days a week is very very loud!!

• 11th Apr 2015

could not sleep - close to noisy nightclubs. beds too short. rooms small and bare.

• Scotland

My fish and chips leftovers was stolen from the community fridge. The bathroom is the size of a bathroom on an airplane. However, the hostel throws a cube-sized shower and calls it a day. I held my breath when entering that little space

NIce place, nice staff, but when I asked for the city map, they hadn't any. I had a mixed dorm, so I asked for the earplugs, they hadn't. I think some of the people living there and they are not a tourists. Everything else is excellent.

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfortable! But the kitchen was tiny and not very usable. Also it was very loud because of the bar below.

• 3rd Apr 2015