Smart Brighton Beach Reviews

First floor 79-81 West Street, Brighton, England

Would only not recommend staying on a weekend unless you're planning on being out all night, or are a veeery deep sleeper. Didn't effect me too much but the club is directly underneath and is gets preeeetty loud

Excellent location and close to all the night life. No lockers and the doors don't lock when someone leaves so they get stuck out. Bed was too short and i'm not that tall. Was good for getting home and opposite Pryzm and other clubs on west street and easy to get to the station.

It should be made clear that certain rooms have a serious noise issue being built above/adjacent? to a club. The beds vibrated with the noise and there was no sleep until the club closed. We were told by staff that it is not a hostel for 'sleeping'! This should be made clear before booking!!

I really enjoyed my stay there. The hostel was like a big family.

Great location. If your expecting a good night sleep stay away!! The night club down stairs pounds music until 3am i watched suff vibrate across the floor and could hear everywprd from every song. Also beds arent labled in room i was in 115 so was hard to gues were you sleep

Good Hostel. Only complains were the price, no lockers and slightly tricky to find. Over all pretty good!

This hostel is located near the coach station, therefore it's good. However when I had arrived there, staff explained very quickly about rules of this hostel, it was so difficult to listen and understand. And then my bed was very poor condition totally. I was embarrassed when I laid on the bed that why I couldn't sleep very well. Strict lots of rules and poor facilities. I don't recommend this hostel.

It was a nice cheap stay, the staff was extraordinary friendly and competent!

It's a nice hostel but there's no lockers in the room and no toilets outside the rooms but it is very close to the beach.

No complaints with my stay. Hostel is a little more than I normally pay but seems ok for Brighton prices. Twin rooms were great - no complaints - slept like a baby. I am told the dorms were basic but fine - you pay for a bed and that's what you get. Again breakfast was basic but in line with what was expected so I have no complaints. Location was perfect for my party of 8 as we were on a stag do - Hostel is near pubs/clubs. This is not a place come to sleep at 10pm :-). Would stay again.

what a great staff this hostel has, they make everyone feel like they are friends, loved staying there, super clean and a nice common area, will be back fr sure !

the best place to stay in brighton just perfect. the staff is fantastic .

It was so nice when I visited here. Also Staffs of this hostel were so kind, friend and smiled therefore I can feel comfortable. They alwayd smiled for customers. the facilities of this hostel looked like new building. However some customers didn't clean their bed and rubbish. Sometimes you can feel that some place is dirty.

Perfect place for a stay. Close to the sea and night life. Clean rooms, I would recommend for a leisure. No real social area but can meet people at nearby bars/pubs.

• 28th Sep 2014

Haven't stayed in a hostel before but we were all well impressed! Clean, bright, secure, central. We had a private family room- 4 single beds, wardrobe space, en-suite, flatscreen tv and hotel standard decoration and cleanliness. Would stay again!

• 27th Sep 2014

No lockers in the dorm, no common room, breakfast a bit unorganised. Very new hostel, sea view from the breakfast room, very close to the beach and pubs.

• 27th Sep 2014

I throughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel; the location is ideal, it's very clean and my room was perfect.

• 27th Sep 2014

Some excellent and helpfull staff. Good atmosphere between guest making you feel home. Highly recommended for short terms visits.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The room was cosy and clean. Location is perfect. Breakfast is satisfying. Great value for money.Last but not least, the staff (day/afternoon/night shift and on-the-job training receptionists, breakfast's ladies, decorators) was really helpful, nice and warm. it may need more toilets, but you can still deal with that really well.

The location was perfect! I felt safe while staying here! very kind staff! just kitchen wasn't really able to cook something. This is the only thing I can think of something not good. I will stay here again if I visit Brighton

• 19th Sep 2014