7.1
Very Good 827 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 827 Total Reviews
Smart Brighton Beach Located at First floor 79-81 West Street, , Brighton.
England
Brighton BN1 2RA First floor 79-81 West Street
71% 827
50.8209400 -0.1445387
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
20th Jan 2017
4.6

Very disappointed staying here! Didnt realise the hostel was above a nightclub so had pumping music playing untill 3 o'clock in the morning which vibrated the floor! After contacting the manager to complain no reply as of yet! Do not stay here!

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
13th Jan 2017
7.7

Gets a little noisy at night, being located right above a bar, but you can't get any more central. Good value for money. Ideal if you plan on partying to the night away.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
31st Dec 2016
6.6

The hostel is pretty overpriced. I stayed in a large dorm which smelled awful. I don't think it was the cleaners fault it was just so many people. The two showers in the room had no shower curtain so the whole room got soaked; unless you were the first one to use the bathroom it was not so great. Only gave you a bottom sheet and pillow case; the duvet is reused which was gross. But great location, very close to beach and town. Couldn't rent a towel, had to buy for £6. Atmosphere was lacking.

• England, Female, 18-24
31st Dec 2016
6.6

When we booked online we were told the price would be £20 and we paid a deposit. When we arrived they changed the price to £25. Very disappointed that we were promised a price and then they changed it. Toilets were like port a loos, not very nice.

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Dec 2016

My friend and I stayed here for her birthday weekend and the stay was pleasant enough. The hostel is basically on the sea front and only a short walk from all amenities Brighton has to offer. We stayed in a private room (101) and it was well decorated. The only issue is nightly noise. Unfortunately 101 is directly above Walkabout and also next to the reception area and street. The noise from Walkabout was manageable, it was the people leaving that that were annoying. But overall a good stay!

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016

We only stayed for a Saturday night, we had a 4 person private room, the room was clean and had everything needed. It is above a walkabout bar so the music is noisy at night but we were in Brighton for a night out so didn't bother us but may not be good if you plan on going to bed early. I'd definitely stay again if the price is the same.

• morganharris14
  • Canada, Couple, 18-24
1st Dec 2016
7.7

Pretty good hostel but don't expect to get much sleep because the night club right underneath! Definitely a party hostel

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Nov 2016
4.6

We stayed in the 21 bed dorm. Unfortunately there seems to be people who live in the hostel doing drugs so it was pretty gross in the room. The only good thing was the bunks were private with curtains. No lockers in the rooms, only downstairs so we didn't feel comfortable leaving anything in the room. Staff was grumpy, bathrooms dirty, rooms noisy, and a bit expensive for what you get. I can't speak for the private rooms or smaller dorms but I don't recommend booking a large dorm. A bit scary.

• England, Male, 25-30
26th Nov 2016
6.9

Great location, really nice staff and a 24-hour opening - all for less than £20 a night! However, there were no lockers in the rooms (when I asked at the desk I was told there was a small safe that I could put my phone in but no more) and the beds were so small that when my head was on the pillow my feet touched the wall. I wouldn't mind but I'm under 6 foot so I wouldn't recommend this hostel to any loftier travellers. Good value if you're not fussy I suppose.

• Poland, Female, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

I stayed there for one night in private room and I have to say it was very good! Every person from staff was very nice and helpful, room was very clean and cosy. Hostel is situated perfectly just minute away from the sea! After reading few reviews about the noise from nightclub, I was quite afraid but in my room it wasn't that bad (I could hear something but it didn't interrupted my sleep). So I highly recommend this hostel!