Very Good 808 Total Reviews
Very Good 808 Total Reviews
Smart Brighton Beach Located at First floor 79-81 West Street, , Brighton.
England
Brighton BN1 2RA First floor 79-81 West Street
71% 808
50.8209400 -0.1445387
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016

We only stayed for a Saturday night, we had a 4 person private room, the room was clean and had everything needed. It is above a walkabout bar so the music is noisy at night but we were in Brighton for a night out so didn't bother us but may not be good if you plan on going to bed early. I'd definitely stay again if the price is the same.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Nov 2016
4.6

We stayed in the 21 bed dorm. Unfortunately there seems to be people who live in the hostel doing drugs so it was pretty gross in the room. The only good thing was the bunks were private with curtains. No lockers in the rooms, only downstairs so we didn't feel comfortable leaving anything in the room. Staff was grumpy, bathrooms dirty, rooms noisy, and a bit expensive for what you get. I can't speak for the private rooms or smaller dorms but I don't recommend booking a large dorm. A bit scary.

• England, Male, 25-30
26th Nov 2016
6.9

Great location, really nice staff and a 24-hour opening - all for less than £20 a night! However, there were no lockers in the rooms (when I asked at the desk I was told there was a small safe that I could put my phone in but no more) and the beds were so small that when my head was on the pillow my feet touched the wall. I wouldn't mind but I'm under 6 foot so I wouldn't recommend this hostel to any loftier travellers. Good value if you're not fussy I suppose.

• Poland, Female, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

I stayed there for one night in private room and I have to say it was very good! Every person from staff was very nice and helpful, room was very clean and cosy. Hostel is situated perfectly just minute away from the sea! After reading few reviews about the noise from nightclub, I was quite afraid but in my room it wasn't that bad (I could hear something but it didn't interrupted my sleep). So I highly recommend this hostel!

20th Nov 2016

Excellent, excellent, excellent place for the price and two minutes, yes2 minutes from the beach or shops or eating including a Wetherspoon's Pub right across the road.

5.1

The room was above the club; it was vibrating all night and you can hear what song is playing. Minimum service and breakfast/snack options. Probably okay for groups of people who want to stay out all night? The bathroom and showers were fine. Beds had a curtain.

• England, Male, 31-40
2.0

Cancelled my 2nd nights stay with reception. Double checked this on arrival. Was assured that I only had the booking for one night. A few days later a 'no show' email was sent from the hostel, they informed me full price would be charged for the second night. This included my card paying for 4beds as a few friends had stayed with me the previous night. I responded to the email explaining the situation, was told the manger would contact me. No contact was made, just a week later took £73!!!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
6.0

Great location but that's probably the best that could be said for it. The window in our room did not close properly so it was very drafty, the staff were indifferent and offered no help/advice/maps of Brighton. The hostel is above a bar and it was pretty much impossible to sleep until the music turns off at 3am. We also had very loud neighbours who were loud until 5am (not the hostel's fault but there seemed to be no one around to notice/care). Bring earplugs!!

• Denmark, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Nov 2016
7.1

The room itself was alright, nice new bathrooms and very private beds. However, even though it says on the website that its Close to a nightclub, it was like BEING at the nightclub. The noise was horrendous, the floor and beds were shaking from the bass... absolutely horrible. Never go there to sleep. The breakfast was nothing special, we didnt eat anything from there

• England, Male, 18-24
11th Nov 2016

Friendly staff, clean room that was cleaned daily and no problems with is being loud and drinking in the room. Only minor downside was having one bathroom with a toilet and shower for 12 people. Would recommend for people who will be going on nights out, location is perfect.