Smart Camden Hostel Reviews

55/57 Bayham Street, Camden, London, England

Very friendly guy in the reception helping me as i was in a hurry getting checked in and rushing off to a gig. The 4 bed room was small, the showers only had 'on' and no hot7cold adjustment, the breakfast was sparse, but just as expected for the money you pay for it.

Thank you for the good words and comments, we will take every aspect under consideration and try to improve our services.

all my experiences with this hostel have been good, except that last night, when someone was watching television at 4am, they were wearing earphones, so had to have the telly turned up high, I turned the television volume to nought, to their amazement, after that it was kept low and got some sleep

My sheet vas dirty, that was kinda uncomfortable. Staff and roommates were nice, location was almost perfect..

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Finland

a friendly and good place in london.

The worst thing is that they dont have adapter for europe and america. So, if you dont have a british cellphone or hairdryer, take your adapter with you! The staff was good, the breakfast is good too (bread, butter, mermelade, milk and cereal). When i was there, there was a looot of people, and i couldnt lock my things without paying. I think they should let some locker for us when the room is crowd

• 3rd Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. We take our guests feedback very seriously and will look into the matters you have mentioned to improve our services. SCI Staff

The rooms are tiny and you have to pay 1.5 pounds to get a locker. The room smelled too. The good thing was a bathroom within the room. But small... The reception desk wasn't open when I arrive around 11am in the morning. I had to wait there for about 15 mins for someone to come... It's closer to Camden, but farther from the central area. The the whole hostel just gave me the impression of unclean...

Kitchen close to soon.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • South Korea

never ever again

• 24th Dec 2013

Extremely cramped and chlosterphobic. Badly designed bathrooms... Nothing will stay dry with the shower on. Bunk beds are very squeaky. Common room is not comfortable.

Any place is what you make it. So, I wish I'd made the shower a little bigger. Other than that I was quite comfortable and enjoyed my stay.

The house itself is fun and has a cool look. The staff is friendly enough and you can stay two in a room for cheap. However, the location will counter that as the hostel is in Zone 3. The tube to the inner city will end up costing you quite a bit. Everything is pretty much falling apart, the windows are moldy and the floors are creaky. Some parts of the house have a moldy smell. The beds are the most uncomfortable I´ve slept in, with the springs literally piercing the mattress.... and you.

Not a very exciting hostel, but clean enough and the location is brilliant.

Cheap and cheerful - they keep it clean, happy to stay here often.

Very nice staff, they arranged every thing we said very quickly. The heater was broken and we got a new one five minutes later. Theshower is a litlle small, but it is definitely a good value for your money.

Breakfast was a let down and window frames unclean. Otherwise fine

Great location and price. Easy to book and an overal great stay.

• 29th Nov 2013

The value it's just for the localization

• 22nd Nov 2013

Our room was in the basement and had very thin windows. Early in the morning someone cleans the stairs in front of the window and makes horrible noises. You can hear all the drunken people in front of the door the whole night. The shower doesn't have warm water. Only hot or ice cold. There was only one toilet for minimum 10 people. The water doesn't drain of. The kitchen is much too small for all the people.

This place was perfectly located for a gig I was attending in Camden, The facilities were average but the price was great.

Love this hostel, second time i have been back. Friendly atmosphere, excellent location, good value for money. Rooms are small but okay. Lots of stairs, good work out each day. Highly reccomended :)