Smart Camden Hostel Reviews

55/57 Bayham Street, Camden, London, England

Small room. One toilet for four rooms. Little space for depositing your things. Very dirty room. Unsafe atmosphere. Lockers weren't working.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Romania

We take guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping/ cleaning staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular check every one hour during these times to maintain good cleaning quality. However, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. Security was never mentioned by previous guests but we will look into it. SCI Staff

Since I'm AuPair i need cheap Hostel to sleep i've early tried every cheap Hostel in London now. This Hostel is definitely one of the best i've stayed! As soon as i stept in my room i was more then pleased! Everyone was nice. The room was clean and the bathroom was a dream! I've never seen such a clean bathroom so i was more than pleased to stay there for 2 nights! The bed was really comfy so it was a good stay. I will definitely stay there some more weekends! I highly recommend this Hostel.

• 1st Nov 2013

A;though the room I stayed in was large it was kept clean. Good security and staff.

The place itself is very cramped, it's a bit like living on a submarine, I was barely able to get my suitcase through the hallway. The kitchen surprisingly was quite spacious and the living room next to it was too. I am 188 cm (6"2) and barely able to fit in the bed, the dorms have very little space between the beds and only 1 person at a time can open his suitcase. Wifi was not the best, but able to get a signal most of the time. WiFi is free. You do pay £1,50 a day for storing a suitcase.

Staff members at the reception were rude. Slept in 4 bed room, they checked 5 in. Had a guy coming over in the middle of the night to find he didnt have a bed no more. Shower inside bedroom was so small that it was just better to use the shared one. Matress was too small for me, and I'm just 1.85m. Paid an average 20 quid per night. Had way better stays for 14 less. Wouldn't recommend nor go again.

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and you got the wrong impression that our staff was rude. The person who walked in to your room in the middle of the night was supposed to change rooms earlier that day. SCI Staff

I really dont like this hostel and staff. The smell in the kitchen.....too smal kitcen for some many people....8 seats for all hostel on breackfest, cant cook becase u have 3 old dishes for all people....no fork, knife, plates and mugs. I dont like staff. The one good things in hostel is location!

• 15th Oct 2013
  • Slovenia

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you didn't find our staff friendly enough. For the cutlery you should have ask the receptionist. SCI Staff

Mousetraps in the rooms. Terrible beds with stained mattresses. Two out of three members of staff weren't very friendly. Not a great experience. On the other hand the ensuite bathroom was very clean and of a high standard. And the location is prime.

• 14th Oct 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us and you didn't find us friendly enough. We take our guests feedback very seriously and we will look into all your comments. SCI Staff

I decided not to stay in this hostel because the reviews scared me too much and I've had too many bad experiences with cheap hostels in London. Unfortunately, HostelWorld requires me to leave a review so please don't take this into account.

You have greate staff working there, made my stay lots better :)

Good Price, Good Location, Nice people! Very good place to stay again when go back to London!

• 7th Oct 2013

A very comfortable stay, staff were helpful and facilities that were available were all that you would've needed. Close to the town and train station. I would definitely stay again.

• 7th Oct 2013

Definitely not the best hostel I've ever stayed in but not the worst either. For 25 pound a night I wasn't really impressed though. Beds are small and the mattresses are cheap thin foam. I was late to check out and therefore lost my 10 pound key deposit which I understand, however when I went to reception to check out there was a sign that said "Back in 15 minutes" and i waited for over half an hour just to check out. Quite frustrating! Location is good and close to camden station and markets

The tiniest room I have ever seen, but very nice staff, nice room-mates and prime location. So in the end, quite satisfied :)

Everything fine apart from the Wi-Fi. It absolutely didn´t work on the 4th floor or in the lounge area, so if I wanted to use it, I had to be standing in front of the reception desk. Not very convenient.

Nice staff and room mates - tiny rooms but still good vibes. Perfect place in the heart of Camden town. We really enjoyed our stay :)

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Finland

I had to find a place last minute and I've stayed here many times. It's been fantastic each and every time! Staff are very helpful, rooms are clean and tidy. Breakfast is basic but it's the same as all hostels. Overall it's very good value and great for a 1 night stay for business. 5/5

I wasn't particularly fond of this hostel, mainly because of the atmosphere (not the greatest crowd) and because of a certain stench that it had.

I thought the hostel was good until I was in there one day when the cleaners came after someone moved out- they didn't change the duvet cover - basically I think hundreds of people use the duvets and the covers are never washed. The sheets and pillow cases are clean but not the duvet cover.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Nice hostel worth its price situated in a very nice part of london with exelents comunication two bloks from the tube (Mornington Cresent) bus 24 stop almost at the door rooms with showers enoug spacious i would like a chair or stool

• 21st Sep 2013
  • Sweden

Rooms are a bit grim. Seems to be full of immigrant workers that can't afford to rent a place in London rather than travellers.

• 21st Sep 2013

Thank you for your review. We do not have the influence on the kind of guests who book with us and we welcome all the people no matter the race, age or the purpose of the visit. SCI Staff