Smart Camden Hostel Reviews

55/57 Bayham Street, Camden, London, England

I have always had a good time at this hostel, well placed, easy to live in, helpful staff, a good first choice

Thank you very much for the good words!!

Camden is a buzzing little area and it was great to find somewhere with such good value. Very convenient (buses, trains right outside) and the staff was friendly enough. Enjoyed my stay.

Thanks so much for positive words! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with latest offers.

The room was way too small for 4 inhabitants, the second one(!) person leaves their bed, the room is crammed and people have to start climbing over each other. Heating went out on day 2. Shower was ice-cold! Why thank you, I'm wide awake, but come on! Internet connection is not existent. They claim there's Wi-Fi in the kitchen area, but it's not worth the trouble trying to log on, I couldn't even check mails with that. Breakfast is toast, marg and jam. Every day. In-Room lockers cost 1,50 extra

• 13th Feb 2014

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and thank you for your comment. We take our guests feedback seriously. As per the Internet problem: we are now installing new Wi-Fi solution where the access will be free in the common rooms and access in the rooms will be charged £1 per 24 hours.

This hostel was great value for money - located in Camden Town, with a 24-hour check-in/out. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I didn't try the breakfast but find it good that it is included in the price of the room. The shower was nice and warm! I was a bit confused as to why guests have to pay extra to use the storage facilities under the beds, and the staff weren't that friendly (not that they were rude though!), but apart from that I enjoyed my stay here.

Hi, Thank you for the good review! Hope to see you soon SCI Staff

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. It is cramped and in desperate need of refurbishment. The toilet on our floor was the size and condition of a portaloo, but without a seat or soap. Our room's window did not shut, hence it was freezing in there. The staff charged my friend to leave a carrier bag in their shed for 2 hours (£1.50 per bag). The whole place needs a bloody good clean. Look elsewhere if you can.

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback and we are really sorry If we didn't meet your expectations. We take all the comments very seriously and we will try to improve our service. All the maintenance/cleaning issues are resolved promptly, though we need to be aware of them. SCI Staff

Very friendly guy in the reception helping me as i was in a hurry getting checked in and rushing off to a gig. The 4 bed room was small, the showers only had 'on' and no hot7cold adjustment, the breakfast was sparse, but just as expected for the money you pay for it.

Thank you for the good words and comments, we will take every aspect under consideration and try to improve our services.

all my experiences with this hostel have been good, except that last night, when someone was watching television at 4am, they were wearing earphones, so had to have the telly turned up high, I turned the television volume to nought, to their amazement, after that it was kept low and got some sleep

My sheet vas dirty, that was kinda uncomfortable. Staff and roommates were nice, location was almost perfect..

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Finland

a friendly and good place in london.

The worst thing is that they dont have adapter for europe and america. So, if you dont have a british cellphone or hairdryer, take your adapter with you! The staff was good, the breakfast is good too (bread, butter, mermelade, milk and cereal). When i was there, there was a looot of people, and i couldnt lock my things without paying. I think they should let some locker for us when the room is crowd

• 3rd Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. We take our guests feedback very seriously and will look into the matters you have mentioned to improve our services. SCI Staff

The rooms are tiny and you have to pay 1.5 pounds to get a locker. The room smelled too. The good thing was a bathroom within the room. But small... The reception desk wasn't open when I arrive around 11am in the morning. I had to wait there for about 15 mins for someone to come... It's closer to Camden, but farther from the central area. The the whole hostel just gave me the impression of unclean...

Kitchen close to soon.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • South Korea

never ever again

• 24th Dec 2013

Extremely cramped and chlosterphobic. Badly designed bathrooms... Nothing will stay dry with the shower on. Bunk beds are very squeaky. Common room is not comfortable.

Any place is what you make it. So, I wish I'd made the shower a little bigger. Other than that I was quite comfortable and enjoyed my stay.

The house itself is fun and has a cool look. The staff is friendly enough and you can stay two in a room for cheap. However, the location will counter that as the hostel is in Zone 3. The tube to the inner city will end up costing you quite a bit. Everything is pretty much falling apart, the windows are moldy and the floors are creaky. Some parts of the house have a moldy smell. The beds are the most uncomfortable I´ve slept in, with the springs literally piercing the mattress.... and you.

Not a very exciting hostel, but clean enough and the location is brilliant.

Cheap and cheerful - they keep it clean, happy to stay here often.

Very nice staff, they arranged every thing we said very quickly. The heater was broken and we got a new one five minutes later. Theshower is a litlle small, but it is definitely a good value for your money.

Breakfast was a let down and window frames unclean. Otherwise fine