Smart Camden Hostel Reviews

55/57 Bayham Street, Camden, London, England

never ever again

• 24th Dec 2013

Extremely cramped and chlosterphobic. Badly designed bathrooms... Nothing will stay dry with the shower on. Bunk beds are very squeaky. Common room is not comfortable.

Any place is what you make it. So, I wish I'd made the shower a little bigger. Other than that I was quite comfortable and enjoyed my stay.

The house itself is fun and has a cool look. The staff is friendly enough and you can stay two in a room for cheap. However, the location will counter that as the hostel is in Zone 3. The tube to the inner city will end up costing you quite a bit. Everything is pretty much falling apart, the windows are moldy and the floors are creaky. Some parts of the house have a moldy smell. The beds are the most uncomfortable I´ve slept in, with the springs literally piercing the mattress.... and you.

Not a very exciting hostel, but clean enough and the location is brilliant.

Cheap and cheerful - they keep it clean, happy to stay here often.

Very nice staff, they arranged every thing we said very quickly. The heater was broken and we got a new one five minutes later. Theshower is a litlle small, but it is definitely a good value for your money.

Breakfast was a let down and window frames unclean. Otherwise fine

Great location and price. Easy to book and an overal great stay.

• 29th Nov 2013

The value it's just for the localization

Our room was in the basement and had very thin windows. Early in the morning someone cleans the stairs in front of the window and makes horrible noises. You can hear all the drunken people in front of the door the whole night. The shower doesn't have warm water. Only hot or ice cold. There was only one toilet for minimum 10 people. The water doesn't drain of. The kitchen is much too small for all the people.

This place was perfectly located for a gig I was attending in Camden, The facilities were average but the price was great.

Love this hostel, second time i have been back. Friendly atmosphere, excellent location, good value for money. Rooms are small but okay. Lots of stairs, good work out each day. Highly reccomended :)

Small room. One toilet for four rooms. Little space for depositing your things. Very dirty room. Unsafe atmosphere. Lockers weren't working.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Romania

We take guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping/ cleaning staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular check every one hour during these times to maintain good cleaning quality. However, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. Security was never mentioned by previous guests but we will look into it. SCI Staff

Since I'm AuPair i need cheap Hostel to sleep i've early tried every cheap Hostel in London now. This Hostel is definitely one of the best i've stayed! As soon as i stept in my room i was more then pleased! Everyone was nice. The room was clean and the bathroom was a dream! I've never seen such a clean bathroom so i was more than pleased to stay there for 2 nights! The bed was really comfy so it was a good stay. I will definitely stay there some more weekends! I highly recommend this Hostel.

• 1st Nov 2013

A;though the room I stayed in was large it was kept clean. Good security and staff.

The place itself is very cramped, it's a bit like living on a submarine, I was barely able to get my suitcase through the hallway. The kitchen surprisingly was quite spacious and the living room next to it was too. I am 188 cm (6"2) and barely able to fit in the bed, the dorms have very little space between the beds and only 1 person at a time can open his suitcase. Wifi was not the best, but able to get a signal most of the time. WiFi is free. You do pay £1,50 a day for storing a suitcase.

Staff members at the reception were rude. Slept in 4 bed room, they checked 5 in. Had a guy coming over in the middle of the night to find he didnt have a bed no more. Shower inside bedroom was so small that it was just better to use the shared one. Matress was too small for me, and I'm just 1.85m. Paid an average 20 quid per night. Had way better stays for 14 less. Wouldn't recommend nor go again.

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and you got the wrong impression that our staff was rude. The person who walked in to your room in the middle of the night was supposed to change rooms earlier that day. SCI Staff

I really dont like this hostel and staff. The smell in the kitchen.....too smal kitcen for some many people....8 seats for all hostel on breackfest, cant cook becase u have 3 old dishes for all people....no fork, knife, plates and mugs. I dont like staff. The one good things in hostel is location!

• 15th Oct 2013
  • Slovenia

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you didn't find our staff friendly enough. For the cutlery you should have ask the receptionist. SCI Staff

Mousetraps in the rooms. Terrible beds with stained mattresses. Two out of three members of staff weren't very friendly. Not a great experience. On the other hand the ensuite bathroom was very clean and of a high standard. And the location is prime.

• 14th Oct 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us and you didn't find us friendly enough. We take our guests feedback very seriously and we will look into all your comments. SCI Staff