Smart Camden Hostel Reviews

55/57 Bayham Street, Camden, London, England

Really small bathrooms, the water does not have a continuous temperature during the shower (too hot sometimes), staff not friendly.Location excellent and breakfast OK.

I stayed in a room with 10 people. There was one toilet for those 10 people and in the morning it was clogged. There is very little floor space so to get in and out of bed was difficult and even though there are lockers, they're not big enough for your bag and they charge extra for using them. They also charge extra for storing your bag for the day. I left mine for less than 1 hr only and asked the guy to refund me and he said no, 5 pounds. Maybe a diff. kind of room is better.

If you are unlucky to get a room in the third floor be prepared to climb a lot of stairs. Staff is a little unfriendly and not very proned to help with information as in other places (but they attented most of my requests). Other guests were nice (but most of them live there and work so don't expect them to go party with you). Location is good, 5 minutes to the underground. Not very clean but not as dirty as some reviewers said (didn't see anything really dirty there).

free wi-fi not true

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

wifi doesn't work well. not enough bathroom smell everywhere

• 18th Jun 2014

Nice staff, definitelly great location in Camden town, minutes from Camden town. Rooms not well suited for claustrophobics but safe (you can rent a locker for £1.5) and overall good price/quality for this location in London.

Hi. Thanks for your review. Camden's one of those great London places we all love. Hope to see you again. Cheers

The staff works hard to keep everything clean. Other people were polite. Not too noisy - even during World Cup. No bugs. Bathroom kept clean daily. Beds were comfortable with mattresses in good order. All of the things that I worried about because of reading hostel reviews were not problems. Two Underground stations close with a bus stop right across the street. Many places to eat and buy food. The space is a little tight, but you didn't plan a trip to London to stay in the room.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Good place to stay cheap and easy

Das Personal war sehr nett und hat sich bemüht alle Wünsche zu erfüllen. Wie so oft in England waren die Zimmer und auch die Flure unheimlich eng. Das Zimmer war für 4 Personen sehr eng bemessen, drei Frauen mit drei Koffern waren schon mehr als genug. Da es zu diesem Zimmer nur eine Toilette im Flur gab, hätte diese mehr als einmal am Tag gereinigt werden müssen. Die Dusche im Zimmer war ok, man hatte nur keine Kontrolle über die Temperatur, heiß oder kalt, nichts dazwischen :)

• 10th Jun 2014

I was horrified by my stay here. The hostel had no hot water in my room, forcing me to take a cold shower. The internet did not work anywhere, so as someone traveling alone it was not appreciated. They charge you if you pay by credit or debit card and require a cash £10 security deposit. I would not recommend to anyone and would avoid this hostel other then a place to leave your luggage. The bad reviews are much warranted after my stay here.

Très bon séjour. Auberge bien située. Nous avons eu un bon accueil. Seul problème, il faut sortir sur le trottoir pour fumer alors qu'il y a une terrasse.

• 6th Jun 2014

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. As it is a legal requirement, we are, unfortunately, unable to allow smoking within the premises. You are always welcome to smoke outside. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future. Nous sommes très heureux que vous avez apprécié votre séjour. Comme il s'agit d'une obligation légale, nous sommes, malheureusement, pas en mesure de permettre de fumer dans les locaux. Vous êtes toujours les bienvenus à fumer à l'extérieur.

The receptionist is pain in the neck. The room is alright even though a little bit too small. The location is very good, around Camden Town.

Hi Ria Thank you for your feedback, good Customer service is priority for us in Camden In, This Matter will be Investigated urgently. glad that You Enjoyed our Room and our great Location In Heart of Camden, And I would love to see you again In Camden In to have the chance to serve you again.

Staff is great. Cleanliness is awful (especially in the toilet). We had to push the button in the shower for 15 minutes in order to have hot water. Location is good. A bit too expensive for the premises.

• 25th May 2014

Hi Barbara Thank you for Your feedback. definitely will take you review in considerations next time we review our cleaning schedule, as this reviewed regularly. please stop again in Camden In to see the difference.

I paid £25 so it was a bit expensive. The room was a little small. There was a shower/toilet/sink in my room so that was great.

• 24th May 2014

Hi Lina, Thank you for your feedback, High season Price are always high but we still cheaper than our competitor with better service. glad that you enjoyed your stay. please come back again

Receptionist was very friendly, maid service every day , free breakfast, in general it's not bad

• 23rd May 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your great feedback. We have an excellent team that ensures all guests have a pleasant stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again. As we aim to achieve a 100%, please tell us how we can improve. Thanks.

I stayed in a 12 person dorm, the bunks were so cramped together I had to keep my stuff on the bed with me. The kitchen/common room was tiny. Wouldn't stay there again.

We are sorry to hear you had problems with the beds in your room. We have luggage lockers at the bottom of all the bed to hold all your stuff, in the process allowing you more than enough space. You normally have to ask for this at the reception where you will be required to pay the sum of £1.50 per night to use this. That said, we could also have told you about it. So, we are sorry.

Though incredibly cheap - the service was horrific, the bed sheets were stained, there were barley any toilets to use, the shower did not work and there was only a tiny window in the room that wouldn't open so it was so hot I could not sleep.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear you had an uncomfortable stay. While a stain on the bed sheets cannot be excused, had you told the receptionist, a new sheet and tissue papers would have been given you. The window and showers could have been rectified by maintenance. Thanks again.

관광지랑 숙소 사이의 위치가 조금 멀어서 아쉽다. 샤워할 때 샤워부스에서의 수압이 약해서 아쉽다. 아침식사는 만족스럽다 무료와이파이가 아니라서 불편했다.

• 20th May 2014
  • South Korea

Inmejorable zona para explorar Londres

Buenos dias y gracias para sus comentario. Espero que disfrutaste tu estancia en nuestro albergue. Gracias de nuevo y que tengas buen dia.

Rude Staff in the reception. Disrespectful!

• 17th May 2014

Dear guest, Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear you felt disrespected by my staff. I am going to investigate this to get more details about what happened. I would appreciate it if you telephoned me to discuss this further-02073888900. Thanks, Turki Hostel Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3