Smart Camden Inn Hostel

7.3
Very Good 2502 Total Reviews

4th Aug 2017
8.0

Overall good hostel. The rooms are definitely a tad cramped - but every hostel in London is like that. Staff is pretty unhelpful. What we found really poor here is how they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. You need to pay for lockers in the room... which didn't bother us too much. But paying for baggage storage? Its not cheap either - 2£ per item... that means 4 bags for 2 people costs 8£! They just chuck your bag in a damp shed outside anyways.

• Chile, Male, 25-30
29th Jul 2017
6.9

Just for sleep... 1 shower for 6 ppl, and 1 toillet for 6+ Great location ..5min from camden station

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2017
6.6

Lovely staff, but really odd atmosphere. Very claustrophobic. If you need a night to stay somewhere in Camden cheap, this is your place. If you're travelling and need somewhere comfy to sleep for longer than that, wouldn't recommend at all.

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2017

The staff on reception were lovely and helpful, the lounge area is a great idea and a good place to speak to people when you're back but don't want to be quiet in the rooms. My only complaint was the rude kitchen staff who told me to stop eating at 10.01 because the kitchen had closed. There should be a little le-way with this so people can comfortably finish eating and clean up their pots. Really good value for money.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2017
5.1

Staff were rude when we needed help. The rooms were incredibly small and cramped. There's no hand towels. Door was broken in the shower. Same with toilet seat. Bathroom light constantly goes off when you're showering. Rooms get extremely hot at night even with window open and fan on. Very very noisy hostel. Breakfast was very unsanitary.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Jul 2017
7.7

This hostel is sort of a get what you pay for. It was very reasonably priced for the location which is why we chose it. The hostel is very cramped on the inside. We stayed in Room 24 with 8 beds. It was very small, hardly enough room for a person of average height to lay down fully on the floor. I could not even sit straight up in my bunk bed w/o hitting my head on the bunk above me. It was stressful to be in such a small room. Try and stay in a different room. Thankfully it was only temporary.

15th Jul 2017

The location is great from the airport and the staff is very welcoming and will help you with anything! Rooms and dining area are smaller than expected but other than that we had a great experience!

• Mexico, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Jul 2017
6.9

The hostel is so small! It's ok if you want something cheap just to sleep. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed room (2 bunk beds) and it was so small that we couldn't even change our clothes inside. The room has a shower, a sink (really hard to use) and lockers but you have to pay for it. I didn't like the really small places. The breakfast is included but simple and it's always crowded. There are only 2 mixed bathroom and must go downstairs to use them.

• England, Male, 25-30
12th Jul 2017
2.0

This is the worst Hostel I have stayed at so far. Let me give you some reasons why. -I was not told on checking in that you had to check out by 11am the next day or lose your £10 deposit. Luckily I checked out at 10:55am by chance. -I was not told you had to bring your bed sheets and linen down with you when you checked out; I had to quickly run upstairs and strip my bed before 11am or I would lose my deposit. -Two tiny bathrooms downstairs; only one had a working light. Theres no windows.

8th Jul 2017
4.3

The hostel was not at all like it was pictured. It was overcrowded, dirty, and had limited facilities. There were not enough outlets in each room or space for luggage. You are jammed against every other person in the room. Along the way, they nickel and dimed you every step. We knew the accommodations wouldn't be stellar given the price range, but it didn't even meet those low expectations. You are better off spending your money to stay somewhere better.