Smart Camden Inn Hostel Reviews

55/57 Bayham Street, Camden, London, England

the shared toilet was almost always impeccable. the bedsheets average, the bunk bed a little noisy.. what to say, perfect for a hostel, anyways

• 30th Sep 2015

friendly staff.

This was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. We were in a 14 bed dorm that stunk like bad body odour, was covered in junk & peoples rubbish, & you had no room whatsoever to put your own suitcase. There was 1 tiny toilet & shower in the room which was so small you couldn't even dry yourself in there. There was a massive rat lurking around the kitchen area downstairs as well. The only good thing about this hostel was the location. Would definitely not stay here again.

Not enough characters allowed to describe this place. Room felt more like a prison cell. Push button shower that lasts 30 seconds with no temperature control. Motion sensor light in shower that lasts 30 seconds. Shower time is spent pushing buttons and waving your hand around. Cramped building near impossible to drag luggage up and down stairs. WAY overpriced. Should be budget prices and it would be more palatable, instead left me seething at the extortionate rates for such a miserable place.

Easy to find.

• 26th Sep 2015

Good, but really smelly-dirty blanket. I haven't wanted to touch it.

Showers are too hot!!!

The whole place is rather dingy and and cramped. It was dirty and I didn't feel all that comfortable. The clean sheets I was given had pubic hair on them (presumably from the last user?). The bathrooms got dirty really fast and water from the shower gets everywhere. There wasn't much to breakfast. There also seemed to be some questionable people staying there. Because I was with friends, I dealt with it but I would never stay there if I was travelling solo. You get what you pay for really.

Good location. Everything was how it should be.

Dear owner I spent five nights in your hostel and under my opinion you have a lot of work to do in the hostel...If were you would install more toliets there aren't enough for all guests that we were in the hostel that s makes difficult to get the toilets or showers free specially in the mornings...I 'd check the staff receptionists and nightporters due they don't seem to enjoy with their job but the cleaners at least they seem work pretty well.Offcourse I haven't been in so many hostels yet.

For this money, it was a great place to stay, cleaned on daily basis, located in the heart of Camden. The staff was also really friendly! 8/10

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Poland

It was fine & great location :)

meh, met a cool person, but otherwise a bit rough. cheap though!

When we arrived we were shocked. The tiny corridor led us to our 9 square metre room in the cellar with two small windows of which one could not be closed. In my bed there was a chewing gum on the wall & our bed linen (the blanket) was not changed before our arrival. We had only 2 power points for 6 people. There was a fire alarm at 5 in the morning. But the location in Camden Town is awesome, there was a good breakfast and there was plenty of warm water to take a shower.

This is the worst place I've been so far. There is no control in the common areas and the noise is allowed all night with no respect for other people. The shower in the room was useless and had to use the common shower. The rooms are way too small for 4 people. Breakfast was less than basic. Location is the only value.

You get what you pay for. I walked in and wasn't even greeted, not even a "be with you in a moment". The staff were pretty rude, the bathrooms and bedrooms were tiny, there was no space for my luggage. The wifi was only accessible in the common room. You had to pay for lockers. Wouldn't recommend it unless you're on a tight budget.

okayish place. main benefit is that it is close to central location. it's very tiny and packed. wifi is super slow. ahower are too hot and light does not always work. people come at any time at night to wake you up. breakfast is very basic with just milk and cereal so that i didn't get it again.

I loved it here ! I come every year and will be back again next year!! The staff are amazing and will help you in any way they can, the rooms are cleaned everyday the cleaning staff are friendly, the other guests are lovely I love the diversity of people. The hostel is close to all amenities in the town , the en- suite is compact but definitely big enough for what you need ! I'm even bringing all of my family for a week next year so we can all visit the sights of London !! xx

• 13th Sep 2015

Bed linen: you should change duvet covers as well, not just sheets and pillow cases. Bathrooms were quite filthy, cleaners should put some more effort in cleaning

We were welcomed at the hostel by Aziz - incompetent and unpleasant. He gave us access to someone else's locker - not very secure! Once we got our own locker, it got broken. On the other day I lost access and couldn't get into the room. All of these things didn't surprise anyone so seems like a normal thing there. On the other hand, cleanliness is decent and good location.