Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel

7.3
Very Good 5707 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2017

The hostel was overall very clean and well located near Kensington Gardens and two tube stops. I was a bit disappointed that lockers in the room had to be paid for to be used, and the bathroom was tiny - like physically could not stand between the toilet, the sink, and the door. The common areas were massive and comfortable so I mostly hung out in there. Also there was a surprisingly low number of sockets in the room for 10 beds.

• England, Male, 31-40
17th Jun 2017

Great staff, Great atmosphere, Greater location.

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. Smart hostels

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
17th Jun 2017
6.0

The room is quite small and the air ventilation is bad. The room is too hot in the summer. In addition, there are no cold water for bath.

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2017
6.3

Location was good because it's easily access. I have the problem with the room, it's not clean. It's humid and smelly. There's no aircond in the room. They have wall fan but it's full with dust. Since now is summer in London so it's really hot. There's no cold water in shower room. It's really sucks when i have to shower with hot water. When I'm arrive seems like the room not clean yet because the bed messy. Even though they provide locker in the room but you still have to pay seperately for it.

9th Jun 2017
7.4

The housekeeping staff are the stars in this place, + a couple of amazing Front Desk female staff. The place is under major refurbishment. The ventilation is really bad in many of the rooms, which are crammed with bunks for maximum profit. There are certainly NOT enough shower/toilet facilities, nor are they conveniently located. (e.g. from room 69, it's 2 flights of stairs to the nearest toilet.) Worst point: the manager never once returned my greeting, despite seeing me daily for 10 days! :-(

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I will be sure to pass your compliments along to my staff, especially the housekeeping. As you could see, we are in process of renovating all our showers, soon everything will be ready. I am sorry of I did not return your greeting. We loved having you stay with us. happy travels, Smart hostels

• Slovenia, All Male Group, 25-30
8th Jun 2017
6.9

I stayed in a 16-bed room and Im very tall, so for me it was really bad. I couldn't sleep well. For my friend who is a lot shorter than me, je said it was ok, so i can say in overall its good. Depends also who you're in room with, that effect atmosphere. We weren't really talking to other people. Toilet and shower is pretty bad, bad smelling etc. If i choose same hostel again i will definitely take 4 or max 6-bed room, i think it would be better. Good value for money and perfect location.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Jun 2017
6.0

Wifi was fine until someone else started using it. Toilets barely flushed and were blocked a few times.

• Trinidad And Tobago, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017
6.9

Hostel did not have much of an atmosphere, and everyone seemed to be stuck to their little cliques and were not very social.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are working hard to put things right especially for the atmosphere. We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made. Smart hostels

31st May 2017

Great location. It is very close to multiple underground stops. Staff was very helpful and kind. Great first experience for a hostel and very clean rooms and bathrooms. The only thing is our room was very hot (need more fans) and people from other rooms were always using our bathrooms.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
31st May 2017
6.0

Stayed one night of my three booked then left. Cramped, dirty, hardly any working bathrooms, stunk. Only good thing is the amazing location.