Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I read the scary reviews only AFTER I booked it. Having stayed for over a week I can say it's not that bad. Yes, the 20 ppl dorm was a bit cramped, but I wasn't expecting enything else from a 20 ppl dorm. Yes, it was noisy, but I never travel without earplugs (and eyeshades). Yes, there were not enough power sockets in the room, but I had my battery bank with me, as always. And toilets were ok. Fix the noisy door, expand showerrooms, add power outlets, and it's the best value for money.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Poland

I had a nice stay at the hostel. Friendly staff, good breakfast, excellent location. It was complete value for money. Thank you Smart Hyde Inn!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • India

Very good, then now there is also Nutella for breakfast.

Staff were really friendly and helpful but the facilities in the room and bathroom were not really adequate. There were only 2 power points in a room with 9 beds, 3 of the lockers did not work, the shower only stayed on for 5 seconds at the most. Breakfast and location was fine though.

This was one of the worst hostels I've stayed at. The rooms were WAY too small, there were lockers under the bed which would have been convenient BUT you had to pay 1.50£ per night which is just unreasonable, because this way everyone's luggage was lying on the floor & there was no space to move. Thus the room were dirty! The bathroom in the room was the smallest one I've ever seen & if you wanted to use the kitchen you had to pay 1£ per item which you needed (you had to get them at reception)

The room was hot and only small window. But other then that it was great!

• 19th Aug 2015

Stayed in the 20 person mixed room, which is not a problem at all for me. Although the sheets were washed, they still had marks on them, which was a little off putting, wasn't that bad though. The toilet and bathroom had weird holes in the walls, that were like windows, but not exactly, felt a little weird to shower I must say. Other than that the staff was really friendly and the place had a nice vibe, as they usually do. Breakfast was good, as there was quite a lot to choose from.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Estonia

Staff checking me in gave off a vibe that he couldn't care less about what I had to say. There was no introduction to the place and I didn't know where breakfast was till the next morning. Had to sleep on the third bunk. Perhaps hostel should allow us to choose during booking. Toilets were clean in the all girls room. Could hardly sleep at night because of the noise. Breakfast was not impressive at all. Location is good, a vegan place,tube, saintsbury and tescos right opposite.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

This time I stay in a 6 female one and girls are nice but really noise. People talking after midnight.

You can't un see a hostel

• 17th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

We stayed in a 10 bed dorm. Problem is: the rooms are simply to small for this amount of beds. There was not enough air in the room for this amount of people. It was hot and stuffy. So either less beds in the rooms or an air condition. Some of the showers are old. Same for the toilets that are a joke to get in. Really don't know how a tall person could get in. The best thing about it is the location. Only 3 minutes away from the underground.

I had really good time there. Location is perfect. Wifi connection was bad but that wasn't important to me...

Not bad at all.. We saw a ton of horriable comments, good value for your money. Londoner is an expensive city, with Hyde park being espically expensive so it was very reseaonable at under 30$ a night.

We stayed in the mixed dorm on the bottom floor. I had a good night's sleep, but this room is not for the weak. You're sharing the room with a lot of people, it gets hot and you don't get much privacy. The room has 3 level bunk beds with curtains and only one place to charge your phone. One of the showers works great; the other is not as nice. The showers are right outside this mixed dorm so every morning there'd be steam in that small hallway. Wifi is better in the common room.

Great place, very enjoyable stay, thank you

Friendly staff and very good location

Being on the top floor meant a hot room with only 1 window. Otherwise, a standard hostel. Friendly, helpful staff, simple breakfast, and right next to 2 underground stations, and Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park. Would stay again, but maybe not on the highest floor.

Nice place to stay, friendly staff that is always ready to help:)

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Russia

I have lived in London before and this was a great location to be in. It is very close to the tube, a 5 min walk to Hyde park and tons of ethnic food and pubs in the area. The rooms were clean and pretty nice quality however, the rooms were a bit cramped and there was nowhere to put my bag without being in the way. Also the air circulation difficult so it was very hot still at night. However, overall our experience here was good and I would come back again.

could improve breakfast