Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

A great choice. Well staffed well maintained. Always clean. Highly recommend it.

The staff customer service was poor, not helpful in any way.

• 17th Jul 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Our reception team are continually receiving training on customer service and care. We are disappointed you did not enjoy the manner of our staff. We rigorously review our performance to improve our standards of service. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

If you like Hyde Park in London , that is perfect for you for it is only one minute walk away.

The room we were booked into was extremely hot and it was almost impossible to sleep... Especially with the loud roommates we were assigned.

The room was extremely messy and hot!

Hostel was situated in a good area and close to tubes. Rooms were very cramped and untidy along with the bathrooms. Ok if your a tiny person

My tablet computer & other items were STOLEN from my room in middle of day. All staff did was call police and pass the phone to me to give details. I chose this place partly because pictures showed curtains around the beds and i liked the privacy. But the room is extremely crowded with twenty beds (stacked three beds high in most of the room) and there is NOWHERE to move around more than one person at a time. Staff were just ok, but the fact my STUFF WAS STOLEN spoiled everything. Wont be back.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Very average no atmosphere rooms were very hot with no airflow, was ok bit wouldn't stay again

Stayed here for cheap accommodation as London is pretty expensive - you get what you paid for. Shower heads barely worked, no age limit in hostel - there were 40+ year olds walking around in underwear to showers while 15 year old school kids were there with teachers. Had to pay for lockers in the rooms - a friend had their money stolen from their bag the one time she didn't use the lockers. Breakfast was edible. Atmosphere of the hostel was bad - felt like a halfway home most of the time.

The location was pretty good suited my need perfectly. The staff was helpful and I liked the rooms and how they were set up very nice. The showers were not the greatest looking but they worked perfectly and were very clean. The kitchen facilities were amazing everything you could possibly need and very clean and easy to use. Enjoyed my stay very much.

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to my staff, especially Elodie who checked you in. Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn

you have to spend 1.5 extra pounds per day to get a box where to keep your things safe so take this into consideration before booking ;)

• 14th Jul 2015

What can I say.. Excellent all round.. One small point.. Could do with a bigger fridge another microwave and an oven.. But apart from that... Great.. Staff as always are welcoming and make you feel secure with their warm smiles.. Manners and friendliness... Oh another thing.. Guests cooking Fish need to take into consideration those who don't like fish... Smell permeates around the basement and upper floors..

Not a bad location at all, theres two underground stations within a 3 minute walk, right next to Kensington gardens and hyde park. My only major complaint is the room we stayed in was insufferably hot, while it was raining out! even with the window open is was awful! The fan in the room did nothing. I understand its an older building but my goodness it was so uncomfortable. Definitely didn't help that we were on the fourth floor. Other than that its a pretty decent place to stay.

Stayed here one night out of what was meant to be three. Location was good, close to restaurants, supermarkets and tube stations. Staff were not friendly what so ever on check in. Place was a rabbit warren of stairs and doors. Triple decker bunks in a tiny stuffy room. Had to pay more money if you wanted a lockable draw under the bunk. Common area in the basement not inviting. Owner did offer me a better room when I said I was leaving but I'd booked elsewhere. Morning staff much nicer.

Even though the hostel has a nice location – next to Hyde Park – the staff and the hostel itself was one of the worst hostels I stayed there. It doesn't have an elevator and I had a lot of bags which I had to carry to the fourth floor. I asked the girl at the reception whether she could help me and she didn't move an inch. Luckily, a guy helped me to carry them. The cleaning staff was also pretty rude.

• 13th Jul 2015

Unfortunately, we no lift, but we do have luggage storage to keep them, if you prefer not take them with you. Our housekeeping team continue to receive training on customer service and care; we are disappointed you did not enjoy the manner of our staff during your stay, as we rigorously monitor our performance to improve our standards of service. We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park

If you do not care about where you stay and who you share with, it is fine... Otherwise it is terrible.

Staff Amazing.. Welcoming, polite, easygoing, friendly and extremely helpful. The auxiliary and..the cleaner's now what can I say, they are superb...very hard working.. Keep the place spotless.. some guest's could learn from them?? Overall. Just brilliant... A free night by any chance. .. . Lol international community hub... I recommend this hub to all

Awful, I checked within a few hours. I booked into a 6bed room but the room had 8 beds. I enquired at the desk and they said that the room was in the stage of change-over and that there would only be 6 people in there. It was so tiny, stuffy, was in the basement of the building. The bathroom had broken hooks and no where to put your clothes without them getting soaked from the shower. Also, (can't blame the hostel for this) but my roommate was a sociopath.

Pretty much used this place as a changing room and somewhere to sleep before/after a night out. It's great value for money in terms of location and the free breakfast (only cereal and toast but you can have as much as you want). You have to pay for safes and lockers and the common area is fairly small (but who wants to stay in the hostel in London?!) Beds all have their own curtains which is great, but rooms are hot and there were no mirrors in my 16 bed room.

the room was overcrowded and too hot. I complained to the staff about the hellish atmosphere in the room, but in vain. I think the room was too expensive compared to the level of services

• 11th Jul 2015