Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The location was pretty good suited my need perfectly. The staff was helpful and I liked the rooms and how they were set up very nice. The showers were not the greatest looking but they worked perfectly and were very clean. The kitchen facilities were amazing everything you could possibly need and very clean and easy to use. Enjoyed my stay very much.

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to my staff, especially Elodie who checked you in. Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn

you have to spend 1.5 extra pounds per day to get a box where to keep your things safe so take this into consideration before booking ;)

• 14th Jul 2015

What can I say.. Excellent all round.. One small point.. Could do with a bigger fridge another microwave and an oven.. But apart from that... Great.. Staff as always are welcoming and make you feel secure with their warm smiles.. Manners and friendliness... Oh another thing.. Guests cooking Fish need to take into consideration those who don't like fish... Smell permeates around the basement and upper floors..

Not a bad location at all, theres two underground stations within a 3 minute walk, right next to Kensington gardens and hyde park. My only major complaint is the room we stayed in was insufferably hot, while it was raining out! even with the window open is was awful! The fan in the room did nothing. I understand its an older building but my goodness it was so uncomfortable. Definitely didn't help that we were on the fourth floor. Other than that its a pretty decent place to stay.

Stayed here one night out of what was meant to be three. Location was good, close to restaurants, supermarkets and tube stations. Staff were not friendly what so ever on check in. Place was a rabbit warren of stairs and doors. Triple decker bunks in a tiny stuffy room. Had to pay more money if you wanted a lockable draw under the bunk. Common area in the basement not inviting. Owner did offer me a better room when I said I was leaving but I'd booked elsewhere. Morning staff much nicer.

Even though the hostel has a nice location – next to Hyde Park – the staff and the hostel itself was one of the worst hostels I stayed there. It doesn't have an elevator and I had a lot of bags which I had to carry to the fourth floor. I asked the girl at the reception whether she could help me and she didn't move an inch. Luckily, a guy helped me to carry them. The cleaning staff was also pretty rude.

• 13th Jul 2015

Unfortunately, we no lift, but we do have luggage storage to keep them, if you prefer not take them with you. Our housekeeping team continue to receive training on customer service and care; we are disappointed you did not enjoy the manner of our staff during your stay, as we rigorously monitor our performance to improve our standards of service. We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park

If you do not care about where you stay and who you share with, it is fine... Otherwise it is terrible.

Staff Amazing.. Welcoming, polite, easygoing, friendly and extremely helpful. The auxiliary and..the cleaner's now what can I say, they are superb...very hard working.. Keep the place spotless.. some guest's could learn from them?? Overall. Just brilliant... A free night by any chance. .. . Lol international community hub... I recommend this hub to all

Awful, I checked within a few hours. I booked into a 6bed room but the room had 8 beds. I enquired at the desk and they said that the room was in the stage of change-over and that there would only be 6 people in there. It was so tiny, stuffy, was in the basement of the building. The bathroom had broken hooks and no where to put your clothes without them getting soaked from the shower. Also, (can't blame the hostel for this) but my roommate was a sociopath.

Pretty much used this place as a changing room and somewhere to sleep before/after a night out. It's great value for money in terms of location and the free breakfast (only cereal and toast but you can have as much as you want). You have to pay for safes and lockers and the common area is fairly small (but who wants to stay in the hostel in London?!) Beds all have their own curtains which is great, but rooms are hot and there were no mirrors in my 16 bed room.

the room was overcrowded and too hot. I complained to the staff about the hellish atmosphere in the room, but in vain. I think the room was too expensive compared to the level of services

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Morocco

Location is great, for one night it was fine, but its not so clean and you have to pay for the locker to use the computer and for the storage of your luggage. in the third floor you dont have wifi.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Hello, Our housekeepers are very highly trained, they are working everyday. If there was an issue and a housekeeper was not there, then our 24 hour receptionist can help out. Best Regards .

Pay lockers? Pay desktop computer? Rude staff. Bad exchange rates.

Hello, As we charge such a cheap price for our beds, we are forced to charge for lockers and computers. Although we do offer free Wi-Fi in our communal areas of the hostel, we are working to change our lockers as well. Best Regards

nice place and staff helpful, wifi free in room, ATM I like the service

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Good location but poor facilities. The bathrooms were tiny, far too hot and the showers were always cold. The showers and sinks were very small and you had to constantly push the button to keep it going. There was also no lift meaning we had to lift heavy suitcases up narrow, windy staircases in very humid weather.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and rating the security, location and staff so high. Sorry that you had to cope with some maintenance issues, hope you have reported it to the front desk. Unfortunately, we have no lift, but we do offer luggage storage to keep them, if you prefer not take them with you. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

Not the best facilities, but good deal for the money and a great location.

I only stayed one night, but the toilets are so small and dirty.The room I was sharing with 9 persons quite small, no space for all baggage. Lockers are not free. Internet in laptop,..no free. Wifi working perfectly. The breakfast was poor, some toast.. and juice with water added. disgusting. although, is well indicated and easy to reach, supermarkets and restauranrs near by,.

Our reception is open 24/7, please inform us at any time whether the toilet/ shower/ room cleanliness is unsatisfactory. Our lovely housekeeping team work tirelessly to ensure the hostel remains clean and hygienic. We provide a free Wi-Fi service to all our valued guests in the rooms and the common areas. If you have any problem with the connection, please report it to the reception as we have an IT company that takes care of it. We have taken on board the comments from our customers.

It's too crowded and the breakfast is not yummy....too manyn people

• 6th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I am sorry that you found the free breakfast, unsatisfactory. We have taken on board the comments from our customers. We always are looking for ways to improve our continental breakfast. We are working hard to improve our services and we planning to expanding our common areas. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

Very enjoyable stay, great staff, perfect location and a really good atmosphere. Thanks

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to my staff. Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn

We had a lovely stay. It was overbooked so we got a free upgrade to a better room. I don't know about the other rooms/ toilets but ours was lovely and clean. The only complaint that I have is the towels (extra £5 charge), we just used our sheets XD. REALLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. For health and safety purposes, we don’t hire towels; but we do sell them. Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn