Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Very nice and affordable hostel in Stockholm. A little bit far from where the magic happens in the city (around 30-35 min walk till Stureplan or Gamla Stan), but very nice, extremely clean and relaxed. The kitchen is state-of-the-art and they have a coffee/hot chocolate machine that brings you some warmth for free. Extremely recommended for the price.

Miserable. Cramped, uncomfortable, and like the rest of London it cost a fortune.

Room with a lot of people in a very small space. Staff don't give any attention to the gest ( I have to wait almost 10 minutes till they notice that i was talking with them). Only 3 stocks to charge the eletronics stuffs in a room for 16 people.

Twin Rooms looks like 20 years ago and the toilet is very small. Furniture damaged. 5 floors, no lifts

• 2nd Oct 2015

No sockets in the bedroom, a lot of people stay in the reception just to wait for mobile charging. Two bathrooms for a bedroom with about 20 people. No place to put our clothes when we're taking shower.

The room us very small to have 10 beds. I liked the private curtain for privacy. There was no room to move in the room or space for luggage . Also the bathroom was tiny. Great location though and safe neighborhood.

It was PERFECT value for money

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Romania

Nice place... Very good location... And good price

Who has the unisex toilets & showers shut at 8.30am? Also asked reception for a pillow as I didn't have one on my bed and it never came. Cheap for London is its only good thing really.

Finding your room is like stepping back in time into the 90s TV show The Crystal Maze with Richard O'Brien. On suite bathroom is no bigger than Philip Schofield and Gordon the Golfers (it's a puppet!) Broom Cupboard. love the idea of having separate curtains for each bunk and individual plug sockets to charge up your tech. kitchen is in the basement once you've worked out how to get through the maze. Parking your car is a nightmare, the parking ticket taxers are notorious so leave it at home.

The price is low but everything you need pay. Lockers, luggage store, safe. The rooms always crowded, too much people for size the hostel.

There wasn't one specific thing that made my stay lackluster, but it was a combination of many things. The kitchen was always crowded, the wifi didn't work very well, the room smelled simultaneously like strong cleaning supplies, poop, and feet, you have to pay for lockers, and a few other things. The breakfast was great though. It looked clean, but smelled like cleaning supplies and bleach which made me very ill and I'm still trying to get over it. Location is awesome!

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. In rooms of 9 people just 3 plugs!!! everything is slow and the staff not gentile at all

No lockers as i know of so security is not the best. Bedlinen was nice and clean, but a curtain was missing on my bed and the facility is overall in a worn state. Toilets could preferably have been cleaned more often.

The hostel was very good the staff very friendly. The only problem was in the room that I was the shower was not woking but besides that the rest was excellentexcellent. Other thing I went to other hostel around Europe and they all had a bar. Probably a good thing to consider in future.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Dirty. Small rooms. Poor breakfast. No common space. Ugly bathroom infrastructure. Tiny uncomfortable beds. Unfriendly staff.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Our rooms are serviced everyday however if you ever need additional cleaning services please let us know at reception. For future reference, we have different types of dormitories available to suit different types of travellers, depending on their budget. I am sorry that you found the free breakfast, and organisation of it, unsatisfactory. We have taken on board the comments from our customers.

The staff is nice and the location is not bad. Near the tube, but far from the principal atractions. The rooroomsrooms have no space to put our stuff, chothes, backpack... There's just a locker under the bed, that you have to pay 1.50£ per day. The building is a little oldold, but for the price is ok.

Wifi intermittent (and very slow when it did work). Lockers take up the space bellow the 3 level bunk beds, so if you don't PAY to use one there's nowhere to put your bag. The single shower in 15 person room was broken. Only 2 powerpoints in the 15 person dorm. Breakfast felt like you were in a high-school camp. There cleaning staff were friendly, reception staff professional. Beds were sturdy and comfortable.

I'm happy to be here. Will be come again ^_^

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Thailand

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn

Only hostel available to us through a last minute booking at a relatively cheap price. Even at the cost I wouldn't come here again. I think another review mentioned that it didn't have that "hostel vibe" and now I can agree with that. Usually people are quite friendly at hostels, but when you cram 15-people in a small box of a room with little to no storage, some people just get angry (at yell at me), and it tends to make people less friendly. It's like a softer prison. Avoid.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! For future reference, we have different types of dormitories available to suit different types of travellers, depending on their budget. Cheers and happy travels!