Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The staff at the reception were really fine, but the cleaning ladies were very rude.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Our housekeeping team continue to receive training on customer service and care; we are disappointed you did not enjoy the manner of our staff during your stay, as we rigorously monitor our performance to improve our standards of service. We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

The pictures of the hostel on the website are misleading. VERY MISLEADING. Do not stay here if you actually want to sleep, have clean facilities or if you want to keep your belongings safe. The lockers are small and they cost per day to use, so buy a lock for your luggage and pray to God that no one takes it. The staff are jerks, the only nice ones are the females, and somehow I only saw the females cleaning while the men were behind the counters being dicks if you had an issue. BEWARE!

Pros: Location and friendly staff Cons: Facilities are old, broken toilet, doors in the shower room and toilets cannot be locked, very crowded because of little space. Ventilation of the room is poor

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Sorry that you had to cope with some maintenance issues, hope you have reported it to the front desk. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

I booked my last night in London at the last moment, so I was forced to stay at this hostel. Still don't quite believe that I paid 25 pounds for a bed on the top level of 3-level bed (in a 9-bed dorm room) and 2 burnt toasts with jam for breakfast. The rooms were very hot, the breakfast inadequately poor, the staff tired and inefficient, and every small thing (such as weighting your luggage) required additional money. Don't ever approach this place unless you absolutely have no other choice.

• 1st Jul 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! For future reference, we have different types of dormitories available to suit different types of travelers, depending on their budget. I am sorry that you found the free breakfast, unsatisfactory. We have taken on board the comments from our customers. We always are looking for ways to improve our continental breakfast. Each of our rooms have a window and fan to help get fresh air. Our reception team are continually

It was okay but the room needed more ventilation. Especially during the recent UK heatwave

Don't give towels, rooms are hot and humid, showers are jank, no soap for free, only 4 wall outlets for 16 person dorm, wifi only works in basement, I am 5'10" and bed was small and cramped, staff was effective but grumpy, not much social interaction. Perfect location, however.

Nice place to stay. Good location.

Unexpected extra fees are charged with quite unreasonable amount, even the small locker in the room are charged on daily base. very disappointed. And the ATM on the ground floor always have problem, very unsafe.

• China

We had a great time in this hostel. Everything was ok, except that the room was very hot.

• Slovenia

the staff that helped me check in was very rude. He looked like he had already given his two weeks notice or something. I was shocked because other hostels I've been to had very nice staff. The wifi was consistently horrible. I felt like I was connecting at dial-up speed. The showers were archaic. You had to push for more water every five seconds. It was like it was designed for a faucet. The bed was comfortable, but the dorming area was cramped. So difficult to even access my suitcase.

• 29th Jun 2015

Cool curtains in some bunks for privacy. Needed more electrical outlets. Tight security which was nice. Internet sucked. And locker space in rooms didn't exist. Had some weird room to store bags but need permission or paid for it. Idk.

The hostel was terrible to put it simply. The dorm we stayed in had no windows and one fan for 16 people. The beds were pretty average and the fact that you had to put your bags on the bed during the hours of 11-3 was extremely annoying. Location was decent, close to the train station if you wanted to walk to most places it was way too far. Facilities were way to small, shower was below average. Atmosphere... Staff were friendly but they could have been prompt and more efficient

Very convientient in the center of the city right by hyde park, the rooms with more people have bunk beds three high, but they have high walls and curtains so you feel safe and in your own little world. overall great with an included breakfast where you can meet everyone in the hostel, if you're up in time, overall good place!

• 27th Jun 2015

The location was really good which made the price of the twin private some what worth it. The only issues I had was that plugs didn't seem to fit in the plug sockets so I felt like I was going to get electrocuted! And the bunk bed we had moved about so much it was impossible to sleep as each slight movement rocked the bed bashing it into the wall waking you up Other than that everything was clean and fine great if your only staying 1-2 nights

• 27th Jun 2015

I thought the hostel was clean and comfortable, with plenty of bathrooms. However the breakfast was very poor. Additionally, we stayed in the 12 bed dorm and as beds are not allocated my friend and I had to sleep on opposite sides of the room as these were the only free beds. Furthermore, the room had no air conditioning with only one fan and a small window and it was almost impossible to sleep as the room was so hot.

• 27th Jun 2015

Good hostel, awesome location. Every extra is paid for (lockers and luggage room once you check out)… but cheap enough. Breakfast doesn't have much and room was too hot in the summer. Staff was lovely and helpful.

Great place!, right next to the underground bayswater station.

Virtually no common area in which to relax, dining area is cramped and the facility is incredibly noisy throughout the morning and evening/ night time hours.

The staff was pushy and unwelcoming. The beds were way too small for normal sized people, and packed way too close together. "Free breakfast" was bread.

Some of the cleaning staff is quite rude, they should have clear that they are part of the image and reputation of the hostel. It is a pricey hostel and still everything is charged extra: things that normally are included, like lockers and saving luggage.

• 25th Jun 2015