Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Virtually no common area in which to relax, dining area is cramped and the facility is incredibly noisy throughout the morning and evening/ night time hours.

The staff was pushy and unwelcoming. The beds were way too small for normal sized people, and packed way too close together. "Free breakfast" was bread.

Some of the cleaning staff is quite rude, they should have clear that they are part of the image and reputation of the hostel. It is a pricey hostel and still everything is charged extra: things that normally are included, like lockers and saving luggage.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Personel was great, location is great. Unfortunatelly I grade them poorly because people need to know that it is not a good place to rest and stay. They have no rules to guests, I payed for a 4 bedroom (more expensive) but it was next to a 20 bedroom with people whi didn't care about others, they partied all night. Doors slaming, music, loud talks Nightmare and no rest at all, complained at front desk 3:45 didn't solve anything No refund either Don't STAY IF YOU WANT TO REST

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Guatemala

Power is not enough to charge phone.

• 20th Jun 2015

Not bad if you're passing through for the night. Great location and friendly staff but beds very small and shower was cold.

This time wasn't very satisfied.

Mixed 4 bed rooms are smaller than a prison cell. The picture online must be fake....

• 17th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

The rooms are ok, the recepcionist are helpful. Not all of them but most of them. The breakfast is really bad. For the price I expected more of the hostel because you can find cheaper in a good location too.

Very crowded place! Smelly, dirty! There's no wifi in the rooms only in the lobby! Felt like I was sleeping in a coffin the beds were horrible felt disgusted sleeping in them! The hostel isn't quite close to the city centre it's about a 30 minute walk to get to the city center. The overall feeling is not very comforting it just feels dirty from the minute you walk in. The only good thing was there are near by restaurants and its close to the underground.

• 16th Jun 2015

Great Location. There's a local Sainsbury's and Tesco across the street with all sorts of other supermarkets.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

It's ok. You get what you pay for. Lockers and keycards messed up at least once a day. I would still recommend it.

I stayed in a 15 beds rooms, wich is too many beds considering the space of the room. It was a chaos. Impossible to move with 15 people going around and all the luggages of 15 people. If you have a 15 beds room, the room MUST be big enough for that amount of people. Same thing with bathrooms. Extremely small. When you sit on the toilet you literally CANNOT move and your legs are stick to the trashcan. Disgusting. The kitchen was very crowed at breakfast time, little space, again.

My room was on the 4th floor and there was no lift in the hostel. The staircases were so narrow; it could only fit one person. It was a struggle to carry my luggage up to my room and down when i checked out. The light in the toilet was auto however, it would go off quite frequently while showering. The beds were quite small. Not a very good stay for me.

There were very few restrooms and one of the female bathrooms was closed for my entire stay. There is no point in having lockers in the rooms if you have to pay for them and they are not safe. There should also be quiet hours at a certain point because people were running around at 3am while others were trying to sleep. The free breakfast was toast and coffee so some food was nice but it was extremely crowded for the amount of people staying there.

Awful experience. We had our booking for 3 nights but they only had us booked for one even though we had our confirmation from HostelWorld. We had to move rooms 3 times because they were fully booked. Each day we had to wait for people to check out at 10am to move all out stuff. Terrible inconvenience. We couldn't leave and start our activities early as we had planned. Will not be staying here again. No problems at our other places we stayed which were NOT booked through HostelWorld

Toilets were clean, disappointing that the shower has a timer, very frustrating to keep turning the shower on every time the timer goes off. Good breakfast and manager was very helpful with suggestions about places in London to visit. The rooms were a bit hot and stuffy. Security was very good, the staff wouldn't let anyone who was not staying at the hostel into the rooms. Well done there!

I like wifi free in rooms and Clean place reception helpful

• 12th Jun 2015
  • United Arab Emirates

Shower power was weak... the noise in the morning was excessive (work on-going), location great, security was great, staff knowledgable helpful

Didn't find the staff very inviting, most of the people who stayed at the hostel were older people looking or waiting fir work, so from a young solo travellers perspective so it wasn't the best place to meet people. Location was great, I stayed in a dorm with 20 beds and it was full all of the time, all I can say us that more windows or vents needed to be put in place, because it got very stuffy in the room and it was full if really bad body odour. Also we only had one shower to share among 20 í ½

• 11th Jun 2015