Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

f you want something cheap, to sleep at night, with the possibility to cook on your own and spend as much time outdoors as possible, this place is for you. If you want something decent and clean, with some privacy and better free breakfast... maybe not.

Hello Marta, thank you for your review! Suggestions noted :) We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made. Kind regards from Smart Hostels Team

Good location, was just surprised that you cannot rent towels, you have to buy one! Also found it strange that they didn't provide a blanket cover and provided two sheets instead. Also there is the common issue of not having enough power sockets for people in the room. Also, there is no locker space to lock up valuables, you have to pay extra for this too!! However it is in a good location, staff were friendly and having curtains on the beds was useful.

Hello and thank for the review! :) We do charge £1.50 per night for use of a locker and £5.00 for towel, we do not include these prices in the bookings as some guest does not require their use. Also, we are planning to extend the free lockers to other rooms. There are plenty of sockets in common areas and at the reception as well. But in our new rooms, all the beds come with built in socket. We have a plan to extend it to all the rooms :). Best regards and happy travels! Smart Hostels

Another atmospheric experience. Excellent.

• 8th Oct 2015

Thank you James for the excellent review! Cheers and happy travels, Smart Hostels Team :)

The showers in front of room 93 were weird. Didn't like the shower situation.

Hi, thank you! We have taken on board your comments. We always are looking for ways to improve our hostel. Kind regards, Smart Hostels Team

Many where the key did not for my locket.. No safe storage to charge devices. With the individual curtains it makes it difficult to know if anyone is in room, let alone sleeping or awake. My side of room was and if I put light on to see, others in room wanted it off. This was very frustrating especially when I to pack for checkout. I labelled food and had it in labelled bag, it was either or thrown away. Did not feel safe leaving on checkout day so forced to find somewhere else. No atmosphere

was hard being in a mixed dorm with 18 beds! Lights turning on continuously throughout the night. Triple bunks were annoying with me having to be on the top! Beds shorter size than usual! Curtains were good on the beds. Bathroom continuously dirty! Hated having to use it! Staff were awesome, and when I had issues with a man in my dorm they moved me at my request to a small female dorm with an ensuite at no extra charge and he even checked up on us! Very impressed with the staff!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I will be sure to pass your compliments along to our hostel staff :). Our rooms are serviced everyday however if you ever need additional cleaning services please let us know at reception and we'll do our best to help you. Sorry to hear that you have issue with the size of the bed too, but we are using the standard UK sizes for beds 80 cm x 190 cm :( We'll love to have you stay with us again, happy travels from Smart Hostels Team

The location and price are good, the rest not as much. It was okay for a couple nights but next time I'm in London I will try to stay somewhere else to be honest. There wasn't much of a hostel-atmosphere to make up for the horribly tiny box of a bathroom inside the room that somehow contained 15 people. Breakfast was okay, but only available until 9:30 which sometimes seemed too early. Staff was quite friendly though.

• 7th Oct 2015

My major issue here is the checkout. First off, "before 10 am" sucks. You're in a hostel to travel and experience the city. That can usually run late. You stay somewhere to be rested when you make your next move, and when I checked out I was exhausted, and genuinely pissed off when I saw the 30+ guests ahead of me trying to check out. Let people check out late if they want to and you won't have a riot mob at 9:50 trying to check out at the same time.

Hello Colin! Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately this is our hotel policy to have the check-in after 11AM and the check-out before 10AM :(. Thank you for your understanding and I hope this won't stop you to visit us again soon! :) Kind regards, Smart Hostels Team

Mostly pathetic drunk losers staying there. Coming to the room after midnight and turning the lights on, chatting, laughing and fuccking is a normal thing. Using earplugs and eyeshades might help. Lockers only paid.

Very nice and affordable hostel in Stockholm. A little bit far from where the magic happens in the city (around 30-35 min walk till Stureplan or Gamla Stan), but very nice, extremely clean and relaxed. The kitchen is state-of-the-art and they have a coffee/hot chocolate machine that brings you some warmth for free. Extremely recommended for the price.

Miserable. Cramped, uncomfortable, and like the rest of London it cost a fortune.

Hello Christopher and thank you for your review! I do not think our hostel costs a fortune, we try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travelers at very good location in London, with free Continental Breakfast and free bed linens included in our rates, you only have to pay extra for lockers and towels, but only if you want them, all of these are optional. We also have different types of dormitories available to suit different types of travelers, depending on their budget. Kind regards.

Room with a lot of people in a very small space. Staff don't give any attention to the gest ( I have to wait almost 10 minutes till they notice that i was talking with them). Only 3 stocks to charge the eletronics stuffs in a room for 16 people.

Hello Christian! Thank you for your feedback! Sockets in beds are coming soon to our hostel. Also, there are plenty of sockets in common areas and at the reception too. Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn

Twin Rooms looks like 20 years ago and the toilet is very small. Furniture damaged. 5 floors, no lifts

• 2nd Oct 2015

Hi! Thanks for your review. For future reference, you can always contact our reception team if you have any problems with the rooms and hostel and they will try to help you as soon as possible. Thank you very much and we hope to see you son and enjoy our new improvements! Smart Hostels Team

No sockets in the bedroom, a lot of people stay in the reception just to wait for mobile charging. Two bathrooms for a bedroom with about 20 people. No place to put our clothes when we're taking shower.

Please note that we are currently in the process of having individual power sockets for each bed! They should be ready for your next visit! Kind regards, Smart Hostels Team

The room us very small to have 10 beds. I liked the private curtain for privacy. There was no room to move in the room or space for luggage . Also the bathroom was tiny. Great location though and safe neighborhood.

Hi Lindsay, we do offer different sized dormitories for a low price in Central London and as every inch counts some rooms might be overcrowded, but it is not the case for all of them :(. We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made to the rooms and hostel :) Hyde Park Inn Team

It was PERFECT value for money

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Romania

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. Come back soon :) Smart Hostels Team

Nice place... Very good location... And good price

Who has the unisex toilets & showers shut at 8.30am? Also asked reception for a pillow as I didn't have one on my bed and it never came. Cheap for London is its only good thing really.

Finding your room is like stepping back in time into the 90s TV show The Crystal Maze with Richard O'Brien. On suite bathroom is no bigger than Philip Schofield and Gordon the Golfers (it's a puppet!) Broom Cupboard. love the idea of having separate curtains for each bunk and individual plug sockets to charge up your tech. kitchen is in the basement once you've worked out how to get through the maze. Parking your car is a nightmare, the parking ticket taxers are notorious so leave it at home.

The price is low but everything you need pay. Lockers, luggage store, safe. The rooms always crowded, too much people for size the hostel.