Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Clean, free wifi on room and friendly staff also good price and 2 mint from hyde park

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Spain

A lot of features were present but not in a optimal condition. In the room, the door the sleeping quarter didn't close well. In the room that holds 20 people had only 4 poweroutlets of which 3 were working. The common room was specious enough, but it lacks atmosphere. They were under construction, so it might get better soon. If you're going to London to spend a lot of time outside the hostel it's sufficient enough and a relative cheap option.

I stayed at Smart Hyde Park Hostel for two nights, before getting a couchsurfing host. I must say that the room is quite cramped, so much so that I couldn't turn around with my backpack on when I walked into the room. 12 beds in a London-sized bedroom, but that's what you expect in London, so I can't complain. The only thing I can say is that the bathroom wasn't that clean, but I think I've always been lucky in the past with picking hostels with very clean facilities. Everything else was fine.

The room was so small. It was nice that the beds had curtains for privacy though. The kitchen area was useful too. When we arrived the staff member informed us that there was a 3% charge to use our card and then the owner told her that was no longer being applied. Seemed to be a communication issue between staff.

I booked this because it was the cheapest I could get for 1 night in London. The staff were terrible. I had to basically figure out everything on my own as they did little to help with information on how to get to the airport when traffic diversions were in place and delays announced. I ended up not sleeping there but I doubt I could have anyway as it was so stuffy with very little air con for a 20 bed dorm. You shouldn't pay over £10 for this place. Much nicer hostel across the road.

Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was less than enjoyable. Our staff receive regular training in customer service and your comments will be used to enhance our service. During these summer months, heat can be a problem but we are rolling out new ways to help air circulation to help with the rooms ambience. Thank you again for your review and for staying with Smart Hostels

I got what paid for....

• 7th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We are happy we supplied a satisfactory experience and hope you will choose to stay with us again.

I enjoyed my stay here. Some of the 20 bed dorms rooms are a bit cramped though. I also encountered some issues with the door to our room. It would not close all the way, and many times residents wouldn't close it all the way after leaving so I could come back to an open door. I would think it wise of the staff up front to advice guests of this, as it made me often feel like my things were unsafe.

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll be able to join us again. Your issues with the door will be investigated and improvements made, remember our reception is always open to hear your concerns and help with the situation. Thank you again for your review and for staying with Smart Hostels

Good hostel especially for the price. The beds are very small and all stacked together 3 high with a room with quite a few people in it and 1 shower... Depending on who your roommates are can be rough or fantastic. Location was absolutely incredible right next to Hyde park. Buckingham Palace is a long walk but it's possible if your a fairly athletic person

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you found our location so appealing and that our staff welcoming. Since we are located so centrally and while trying to offer accommodation at a competitive rate, floor space is at a premium, but we have a variety of room sizes to choose from to help guests feel the more comfortable. Thank you for staying with us at Smart Hostels.

Oh the long flight of stairs to the 4th Floor; wish there was a lift but at the same time it's good to keep fit!

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Remember if you ever need help with luggage handling our friendly receptionist are always on hand help. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope you'll be able to join us again soon.

Very good hostel, clean and well organised. Perfect location and prices that won't drain your pocket.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our special location, we hope you'll be able to visit us again soon.

Very dirty and smelly. Rooms are too small for number of people in each. Good location though.

• 5th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We take issues of cleaning very seriously with our helpful housekeepers cleaning daily, If there are any issues with the condition of the rooms our reception is always open to help resolve the problem. Since we are very centrally located our floor space is at a premium and we try to offer the best competitive prices with our large range of dorm sizes. Thank you again for staying with us.

The staff were really great and very helpful and the location is perfect for the summer being right by Hyde park. I did not like the atmosphere of the hostel though. It seems to cater for a lot of large school groups (14 to 16 year olds) that were running around and shouting most of the time, as well as smoking pot outside (not sure who was looking after them?!). Also, the rooms are so cramped as the only storage available you have to pay around £1.50 a night for. No free lockers.

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the location of our hostel , being so central, floor space is limited when offering competitive accommodation but we do have a range of dorm sizes to help with many different guests requirements. We ask all guest to respect the the quiet time between 10pm to 7am in the hostel and our friendly reception is open 24 hours if there are any problems that we may solve. Thank you again for your review and for staying with Smart Hostels.

Hostel staff were not very accommodating or kind and were rather terse. Location of the hostel is excellent; wifi is pretty awful, though. Simple breakfast and cleanliness was relatively good throughout with the facilities.

Thank you for your review. We happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and took advantage of our central location. It is regrettable that our staff left a inimical impression, our staff receive new training regularly and your comments will be used to help improve our service. Thank you again for staying with Smart Hostels.

Do NOT recommend for young travelers. Mainly older men stay here... Did not feel safe at all. A literal homeless person slept in our room one night until someone realized and kicked him out. Rooms are tiny... DONT do a mixed dorm if you are a girl it was so smelly, loud and felt unsafe. Not really a youth/ student hostel... Bad experience all around

• 2nd Jun 2015

Best location and

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thank you for your review and comments, we are really proud of a central and accessible location and we hope you will visit us again soon.

One thing that should have been clearer stated from the beginning in the hostel page relates to some services fees. A specific case in this aspect is that I used the luggage storage in the morning previous to my check-in for free. However, when I wanted to use the same in the morning of my check-out there was a 2 pounds fee. I think no one likes when a fee suddenly appears for something he was not expecting or was previously informed.

Hello, We allow guests to put their bags in our luggage room free of charge before check in, as they might have arrived to early and we want them to have as much time as possible to explore our city. We do this as a complimentary aspect, but our luggage rooms are £2 per bad per night. There is no other place in London that gives such a cheap price to store luggage. Best Regards,

The room was not cleaned properly because of the amount of people accommodated. The atmosphere was crouded and I could not receive calls in my room or access information on my phone or even play music or listen to the radio as there was no signal. I could not do no work during my stay.

Thank you for your review. Our talented housekeepers clean daily but if there is a problem with the room, our reception is always open and we will do our best to rectify the situation. We have common room and seating areas where our guest can use our free Wifi do perform work or enjoy media. We offer many different sized room to suit a wide range of guest on different budgets. Thank you again for staying with us and hope you will join us again

Great place to stay for 2 nights. Close to metro and in a great neighborhood. Staff was friendly. The showers were a bit tight and so was the 15 bed room.

This is a great hostel to stay.Firstly the rooms,toilets,shower rooms,t.v room as well as the kitchen are always clean thanks to the hardworking and dedicated cleaning staff.Secondly the manager carries out his duties in a very professional manner,the same can be said of the other members of staff.Security in the hostel is very good and the atmosphere about the whole place is extremely vibrant.

Many many stairs xD But the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast is more than nice!

• 29th May 2015

Thank you for your review and kind words, we hope you'll be back soon.