Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Super staff, geat location,very good value for money

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Wales

I might of just been extremely burned out at this stage of my trip but I found this hostel a really hard place to meet people. The free breakfast was ok. Really amazing location though - right beside a really nice park and a well connected metro station/line (not that I could afford to take it). If you stay here for any other reason, stay for the location.

The staff were really friendly, a locker is available to rent under your dorm bed. The location here is perfect - so close to the underground, and park for those sunny days

I stayed in a 15-bed dorm that was extremely cramped. There were only 6 outlets for 15 people. There was carpet in the room that was constantly wet because of the shower, and it smelled like mildew. The location is decent, it's very close to a metro station. Breakfast was just toast with jam and cereal.

Decent place to stay overall - fairly clean, but the rooms were quite cramped. Really close to the tube station/lots of food options which was a definite plus.

The room that we booked was a bit cramped but nothing short of what I've expected. Location was good -- near to the tube station (Bayswater or Queensway), lots of cheap restaurant nearby. If you're looking for cheap bed to stay the night, this place would be fine.

The staff were not particularly friendly or helpful on arrival, they didn't explain things well or show me around the facilities. The accommodation was generally poor and extremely noisy. The bathroom were terrible and unclean most of the time during my stay and I had to pay £5 to borrow a towel. I the location is very central which is the only good thing about this place. Will never stay there again.

I absolutely love this hostel! The facilities are very nice. Room was very unique with the lofted area, making it feel like the room had even less beds. Everything was very clean. The bar is really nice and offers a good selection (for a hostel). The only downfalls would be the WiFi (it was a hit or miss) and the age range of other guests. I just wasn't used to seeing small children in hostels. They were very loud but that's a hostel! Staff was so helpful and friendly!! Definitely will be back.

I only stayed for one night on my way through London so it was fine for that reason, but the place seemed to be teeming with people coming and going, the staff were a little awkward and not very helpful, the room didn't have enough power points and the beds were cramped. Also it was cheap, but with a lot of extra's.

I was staying in a mixed dorm (i think 10 bed) and I felt that it was very crowded. There was a family staying in the dorm right next to me, which made me a little uncomfortable. The beds didn't have any charging points besides them and the lobby was very crowded, so I had to go to a coffee house twice a day to charge my phone. The showers in the bathrooms sucked. May be that's what you get at a place right next to the tube station in central london at the given price.

Good facilities as the shared kitchen and good staff.

Everything is good.. excellent location. staff is nice and friendly.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

I hated this hostel at first, mostly because the internet fient work, like at all, but after à while, considering the price I had paid (12-17 pounds) I realized that it had been a pretty good deal. It was sufficient.

Bad internet. Small rooms and really small beds. Only a few plugs for the +20 people in the room. Good location. Only to stay 1 or 2 nights. Poor breakfast.

Hello, We apologies about all the issues you faced. Really soon we will have a better Wi-Fi service, as we will have a new provider. Also our new rooms, will contain beds that have built in sockets in the beds, we are in the process of implementing these in all our rooms. Best regards, Smart Hostels Team

Just an deal oratio. Excellent staff. Rooms lays cleaned daily. Leaders work loopy hard. Considering the number of rooms.. . They are brilliant .

Hello, We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you really soon! Best regards, Smart Hostels Team

Common areas tend to be a bit too crowded and not so cosy. Beds are a bit short, if you are tall (above 1.80) they might be a bit uncomfortable. 3 stacked beds in some of the rooms for 12 are not exactly appealing.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel was great to stay in! Being my first time in a hostel, I was pleasantly surprised to find it clean, accommodating to my wants and the staff is friendly. It's very close to Hyde Park/Kensington Park and literally a 30 second walk to the Bayswater underground to take you anywhere. Everything you need from groceries to cafes is also there.

Hello, We are glad that you've enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you really soon. We'll compliment our staff on their excellent customer service. Best regards, Smart Hostels Team

Descent hostel for London. Good location near Hype Park, very close to underground station. There is also a street full of fast food nearby. The hostel is ok clean. Beds are very small, but have curtains so you'll have privacy. Showers are ok but you can't change the water temperature which is insanely hot. No free lockers! You have to pay extra for that... Wifi is barely usable. The best is to pay extra to use the computers in the common area where internet really works.

Hello, Thank you for the review and we take pride in providing affordable accommodation at excellent locations. Our beds were made for the average height, we apologies they were small for you. Thank you for pointing out that the showers are too hot, we'll send someone to fix them right away. Also we are in the process of changing our WIFI provider. Best regards, Smart Hostels Team

Very pleasant stay, great staff, thanks a lot

What can I say. I cannot fault the staff. The cleaner's are a credit to themselves. Some guest's need to learn manners.. Dont walk around in your bathrobe when there are young girls at breakfast.. How rude and unsightly.. Apart from that. Can't fault it