Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. In rooms of 9 people just 3 plugs!!! everything is slow and the staff not gentile at all

No lockers as i know of so security is not the best. Bedlinen was nice and clean, but a curtain was missing on my bed and the facility is overall in a worn state. Toilets could preferably have been cleaned more often.

The hostel was very good the staff very friendly. The only problem was in the room that I was the shower was not woking but besides that the rest was excellentexcellent. Other thing I went to other hostel around Europe and they all had a bar. Probably a good thing to consider in future.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Dirty. Small rooms. Poor breakfast. No common space. Ugly bathroom infrastructure. Tiny uncomfortable beds. Unfriendly staff.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Our rooms are serviced everyday however if you ever need additional cleaning services please let us know at reception. For future reference, we have different types of dormitories available to suit different types of travellers, depending on their budget. I am sorry that you found the free breakfast, and organisation of it, unsatisfactory. We have taken on board the comments from our customers.

The staff is nice and the location is not bad. Near the tube, but far from the principal atractions. The rooroomsrooms have no space to put our stuff, chothes, backpack... There's just a locker under the bed, that you have to pay 1.50£ per day. The building is a little oldold, but for the price is ok.

Wifi intermittent (and very slow when it did work). Lockers take up the space bellow the 3 level bunk beds, so if you don't PAY to use one there's nowhere to put your bag. The single shower in 15 person room was broken. Only 2 powerpoints in the 15 person dorm. Breakfast felt like you were in a high-school camp. There cleaning staff were friendly, reception staff professional. Beds were sturdy and comfortable.

I'm happy to be here. Will be come again ^_^

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Thailand

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We loved having you stay with us. Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn

Only hostel available to us through a last minute booking at a relatively cheap price. Even at the cost I wouldn't come here again. I think another review mentioned that it didn't have that "hostel vibe" and now I can agree with that. Usually people are quite friendly at hostels, but when you cram 15-people in a small box of a room with little to no storage, some people just get angry (at yell at me), and it tends to make people less friendly. It's like a softer prison. Avoid.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! For future reference, we have different types of dormitories available to suit different types of travellers, depending on their budget. Cheers and happy travels!

Heart of Bayswater with easy access to public transport. The shower was super hot without any switch to turn it off yet the staff was helpful. Luggage storage was convenient.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you next time you're in London!

The staff were nice except only a guy who always look at ppl in a weird away, maybe he has to! I don't know! Clean enough for a hostel! The location is really really good! I never expect too much from hostels but this one was ok! Actually it looks like a hotel from outside! I'd go back there again !

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're sorry you have had a bad experience with one staff. Usually they are all a bunch of happy and friendly people, and we get very good feedback. Maybe you just caught them on the wrong foot. If you'd like to give us more details about what has happened please don't hesitate to write us to hpi.manager@smartbackpackers.com. Cheers and happy travels!

I would recommended this hotel to my friend. Nice staying there!!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

Stayed in a twin private room with ensuit. The room itself was nice, comfortable beds with curtains for privacy. Staff were friendly and helpful, location seconds from underground station for easy access to city centre. However my room was on the 4th floor, and I didn't realise until I arrived there is no elevator.Also out room had the worst shower - absolutely impossible to have a shower. It's on a timer which last about 4 seconds at a time with no temperature control. VERY frustrating

• 18th Sep 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and positive feedback for our staff and cleanliness. Due to the amazing property we have we are unable to install an elevator however all of our staff are at the ready to help you to keep your bags in our luggage storage. Sorry that you had to cope with some maintenance issues, hope you have reported it to the front desk. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

great location and the hostel is quite big. common rooms and kitchen are enjoyable and the price is right

I've stayed here a few times as you get good value for money. The beds are comfy and have curtains for privacy. The bathrooms are cleaned regularly but the showers are a tad frustrating as they're on a timer which doesn't last long and you have to keep pressing the button to keep the water going. There aren't a lot of power sockets in the bedrooms but plenty in the dining/lounge area, and Internet connection is pretty good but can cut out sometimes. Pretty good compared to other london hostels.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are going to look at the timer in the showers, but we have some new showers with tap no timer at all. Sockets in beds are coming soon to our hostel. Can't wait to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Smart Hyde Park Inn

Bunks are kit-set and 3 high- if 1 person moved the whole bunk shakes. Beds could do with a light and a power point. Only 2 power points in the 20 bed dorm and neither had power to them! So you have to pay to charge your phone or wait with it in the common areas. Breakfast was okay- basic. Cleaning staff were rude and pushy. Mopping around you while you're making dinner and giving you dishes to wash. The shower didn't have a shower head so water just drips out the hose. No atmosphere as a hostel

• 14th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! All our bunks are fixed to the wall very well, please report it to the reception, if this is not the case and our maintenance team will be there in flash. Sockets in beds are coming soon to our hostel. There are plenty of sockets in common areas and at the reception as well. Our housekeeping team continue to receive training on customer service and care; we are disappointed you did not enjoy the manner of our staff during your stay,

Everything is ok. The hostel from outside quiet nice but the beds are not clean. Staffs are friendly and internet connection is very good

I like it because it's cheap and location is great.

The hostel looks like a really nice hostel from the outside but it's not so fancy on the inside. It is located just a short walk from the Underground station and it is in a nice area of London. It was okay for a night but it didn't have a good traveler hostel vibe imo.

I get good reception when I arrived, staff polite and clear. In the rooms i been allocated very nice not noise or people go in and out, i sleep very good. Few things need to improve but i will stay again .

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Stuff were very helpful, thnks guys ;)

• 28th Aug 2015