Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Stuff were very helpful, thnks guys ;)

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Azerbaijan

Initially I was a bit skeptical that any hostel that crams 20 strangers into 1 room would be a good experience, but it was surprisingly alright. Each bed has a curtain which is nice for the privacy. I did have a couple concerns with being woken up in the morning (because checkout is so early) and that there are no outlets near the bed. But overall good value for its prime location.

Hostel with a nice location close to Hyde Park. Staff was polite and helpful. Breakfast was a nice bonus. Toilets were pretty small but always in perfect cleaning conditions. When using the shower, there's no way to control the temperature, and the water is always boiling hot! Each bed had its own curtains. There was only one power outlet in the whole room for 20 people, forcing me to use the outlets in the common areas. Lockers were not free, as well as storing your luggage after check-out.

Excellent service, Friendly staff, Clean !, Nice place to stay, good access to city centre.

Right beside a tube station on a main line, and awesome staff. Third story bunk beds were oddly reminiscent of scaling the alps, but since it was hotter than my 18th birthday up there we were reminded that we were indeed baking in the humid heat of London.

I read the scary reviews only AFTER I booked it. Having stayed for over a week I can say it's not that bad. Yes, the 20 ppl dorm was a bit cramped, but I wasn't expecting enything else from a 20 ppl dorm. Yes, it was noisy, but I never travel without earplugs (and eyeshades). Yes, there were not enough power sockets in the room, but I had my battery bank with me, as always. And toilets were ok. Fix the noisy door, expand showerrooms, add power outlets, and it's the best value for money.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Poland

I had a nice stay at the hostel. Friendly staff, good breakfast, excellent location. It was complete value for money. Thank you Smart Hyde Inn!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • India

Very good, then now there is also Nutella for breakfast.

The staff were really nice and helpful. It's right in Hyde Park in a nice location right by a couple Tube stations and lots of shops. It's a pretty safe and central area. That being said, the dorms are ridiculously cramped. Bunk beds are stacked in threes so people have to climb really high up. Theres only a narrow walkway the width of your hips to navigate the room. You had to buy a locker space to put your stuff at night and there were hardly any outlets. The bathrooms are small.

Staff were really friendly and helpful but the facilities in the room and bathroom were not really adequate. There were only 2 power points in a room with 9 beds, 3 of the lockers did not work, the shower only stayed on for 5 seconds at the most. Breakfast and location was fine though.

This was one of the worst hostels I've stayed at. The rooms were WAY too small, there were lockers under the bed which would have been convenient BUT you had to pay 1.50£ per night which is just unreasonable, because this way everyone's luggage was lying on the floor & there was no space to move. Thus the room were dirty! The bathroom in the room was the smallest one I've ever seen & if you wanted to use the kitchen you had to pay 1£ per item which you needed (you had to get them at reception)

The room was hot and only small window. But other then that it was great!

• 19th Aug 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We have added fans to the big rooms as it is unusual weather in London these days. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

Stayed in the 20 person mixed room, which is not a problem at all for me. Although the sheets were washed, they still had marks on them, which was a little off putting, wasn't that bad though. The toilet and bathroom had weird holes in the walls, that were like windows, but not exactly, felt a little weird to shower I must say. Other than that the staff was really friendly and the place had a nice vibe, as they usually do. Breakfast was good, as there was quite a lot to choose from.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Estonia

Staff checking me in gave off a vibe that he couldn't care less about what I had to say. There was no introduction to the place and I didn't know where breakfast was till the next morning. Had to sleep on the third bunk. Perhaps hostel should allow us to choose during booking. Toilets were clean in the all girls room. Could hardly sleep at night because of the noise. Breakfast was not impressive at all. Location is good, a vegan place,tube, saintsbury and tescos right opposite.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're sorry to hear that. We are going to investigate further and making sure that all of our staff members are following our policy of making our guests feel just like at home. Beds are not allocated to make it easier to our guest to choose the beds when they check in. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our property. We constantly patrol the hostel to minimise any noise caused by our guests Best regards and happy travels!

This time I stay in a 6 female one and girls are nice but really noise. People talking after midnight.

We have policy of quiet period between 10pm-6am to ensure that everybody can have a good night sleep! We constantly patrol the hostel to minimise any noise caused by our guests. Please report any noise or issue to our reception as its open 24 hours. Best regards, Smart Hyde Park Inn

You can't un see a hostel

• 17th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

We stayed in a 10 bed dorm. Problem is: the rooms are simply to small for this amount of beds. There was not enough air in the room for this amount of people. It was hot and stuffy. So either less beds in the rooms or an air condition. Some of the showers are old. Same for the toilets that are a joke to get in. Really don't know how a tall person could get in. The best thing about it is the location. Only 3 minutes away from the underground.

Hey, We're very sorry about the rooms, the weather in London this summer was really unexpected and we were not prepared. We have introduced fans in the rooms and are refurbishing some of the rooms to give more room for our guests. We have 21 En-suite rooms and 23 showers and 15 toilets; you are free to use any shared facility. We hope to see you next time you're in London! Best regards,

I had really good time there. Location is perfect. Wifi connection was bad but that wasn't important to me...

We provide a free Wi-Fi service to all our valued guests in the rooms and the common areas. If you have any problem with the connection, please report it to the reception as we have an IT company takes care of it.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »