Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Smart Hyde Park Inn seemed reasonably priced for the location and facilities provided. I was incredibly disappointed with my experience/the price paid at this hostel. The rooms were very unsanitary. When I first walked in, the comforter on my bed was crumpled up at the bottom of the bed...someone had clearly just slept there and no one bothered to even come in to fold the blanket, let alone wash it. The bathrooms were disgusting and my friends and I all took freezing cold showers. Not satisfied.

• 26th Feb 2015

The atmosphere in this place is non existent. More rules need to be in place in the bedrooms to avoid disrupted sleeping due to very rude and arrogant people turning lights on at any hour of the night and having conversations out loud thinking it's a normal thing to do. Bathroom facilities are very bad even by hostel standards.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We apologise for your noisy roommates, due to the hostel being a shared environment it is up to guests to be mindful and respectful of other guests. Our night staff try to ensure all patrons receive a good nights rest during their stay. Our wonderful cleaning staff work diligently all day and night to ensure the hostel is kept clean and hygenic! We continuously review our performance to improve our standards of service.

The French lady receptionist was so rude, always tutting and very unhelpful giving a very bad vibe to the place from the start. The rest of the staff were really nice. The label holder where you put your label so that other people don't get your bed was a bit broken. This resulted in the cleaner taking out my bedsheets that I had just put in, all my stuff being left by the reception desk unattended and someone else taking my space. I then had to re-make my bed to a different place & no apology.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Cyprus

There's a lot of people living there who think that the hostel belongs to them, it doesn't have a traveler atmosphere.

The location was pretty good and staff was very friendly and it was quite good value for money, Of course there are some things could have been better but regarding on prices and value it was quite good.

• 16th Feb 2015

Nice and helpful staff, the room and the bathroom were cleaned.

• 9th Feb 2015

Clean showers rooms and hallwayhallway.Very friendly and helpfull staff who carry out there job in a profesional manner.

The worst hostel ever! I booked 2 nights but I only stay ther for one night.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have cancelled your booking and left early. As our friendly team offer would have offered you a free upgrade to a smaller room than the 20 bed you had booked in. However, you seem you have had another plan. We hope to see you next time for better experience.

I stayed in the 10 bed mixed dorm, lockers under beds for an extra cost were handy. Rooms were clean and each room had a small sink. Bathrooms were tiny. There was no hot water both nights I was there so we were sent up the road to their other hostel for showers. Breakfast is basic but it's free and there's always plenty.

As usual the rooms,toilets,showers and hallway was very clean.So was the kitchen and the t.v room.Most important of all was the staff who are always very polite,helpful as well as professional.Always a pleasure to stay here.

In 4 days i have never seen hot water.. the rest was ok..

• 4th Feb 2015

Unfortunately, me and my friend stayed at a roomb where it wasn't possible to lock the door. In addition to that, during our whole stay, there was no warm water available in the shower

• 3rd Feb 2015

I do not reccomend this hostel, especially if you are a young traveller. The atmosphere is awful, there were many old men living in that hostel. The water boiling system broke during my stay and there was no hot water or heating at all. I left and it was still not working. Most of the showers had no lock and the closest bathroom to my room had wood pannel instead of a proper glass window, so it was like peeing and brushing your teeth outdoors.

had a good stay will be back

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Hello and thank you for rating the the hostel so high. Please like our Facebook page, to receive the very latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

My room was very clean the hostel in general is clean.The staff where very hospitable as usual.In general a nice place to stay.

Hello and many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Please like our page on Facebook to receive the very latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome back any time!

The room looked like a prison, the shower room was very small and just have one, the water was cold, tha bathroom wasn't clean, do not have wifi in rooms.

Thank you for your review. We have big and small rooms, we could offer you another room to suit your needs. We have 23 showers around the hostel you are free to use any of them, or you can upgrade to our en-suite room. We could accommodate more than 320 guests, in some periods (peak time). The hot water will be warm due to high demand. Our boiler was replaced with a very good one to ensure hot water is available 24 hours. Free WiFi is available in our common area. There is wifi for a small fee

I would not recommend this hostel, you have to pay for lockers, there's no wifi in the room (if you want, you have to pay), the bed is really small if you have more than 1,80m of height, there's only 2 plugs on each room - which is very bad for a hostel for backpackers, the shower is really bad (little water, not good temperature and no space to hang clothes).

We charge a maintenance fee for our lockers which are operated using a computerised key card system, to simplify the number of keys. Free WI-FI is available in all our common rooms; Wi-Fi is £1 for 24 hours to prevent non-urgent use. We are implementing a robust, secure WI-FI network to resolve any issues. We use standard UK sizes for our beds (80cm x 190cm). The number of sockets in our rooms depends on the number of beds. However, all our new beds are equipped with built-in power sockets.

A friendly and professional staff from the manager right through to the other members of staff.A clean and orderly environment.Always a pleasure to stay here.

There was definetely someone in the room while we were gone, as they left the window of our ground floor room wide open (so everyone could have just climbed in), but the floor looked as if it hadn't been hoovered for weeks, and the flushing button of our toilet was taken out without any explanation while we were away, so we had to use the toilet in the hall despite having booked an ensuite room. There was too little space in the breakfast room for the amount of people. Located great, though!

I recommend this hostel as a cheap accommodation option.We loved its location and the bathrooms were very clean.But here was rarely hot water at the showers and the rooms were too small. We were in the room with the most people(20-something)and I don't think the window ever opened- you can imaging the smell... Also it's awful that you have to pay for lockers-except the greediness for money, obviously nobody pays and the room is full of luggage. It would be cleaner if we could use the lockers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6