Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The hostel is in a great location, with supermarkets ,shops and everything you need nearby. The room (15 beds with bathroom) was small and crowded. The breakfast wasn't the best...

All was very good except the water of the shower which was not enough warm, between warm an cold. But I don't understand because the water in the bedroom was warm.

• 23rd May 2015

Great location and the price was decent, and for the price the rooms were fine as well, but nothing was clean and most of the bathroom doors didnt lock or close well.

Nice place, had to come here last minute as another hostel double-booked us. The staff are very helpful and the room was incredibly clean.

• 22nd May 2015

The wifi was very slow.

Get a security system that doesn't go off at all hours of the day, put actual mattresses in the beds, and don't tell me you don't have a telephone only for me to see you do, in fact have a telephone, because you picked it up as I left the lobby, more electrical outlets than one per room, and for the love of God a proper wifi that you can connect to.

Rooms not well ventilated. Strong smells of body spray and cleaning products. Rooms got hot and stuffy at night.

• 21st May 2015

The worst hostel we've ever seen over the world. Showers, dorms, evertything is filhty. The staff isn't even friendly. AVOID !!

• 16th May 2015

Very dirty

I THOUGHT THERE WAS A LOT OF NOISE COMING FROM DOWN STAIRS IN THE GAMES ROOM, IF YOU ARE TRYING TO SLEEP THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR VISITORS. THIS WENT ON IN TO THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING. I HAD TO BE UP AT 0500AM AND DID NOT GET THE SLEEP I WAS EXPECTING.I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A CUT OF TIME FOR THESE GAMES AND FOR PEOPLE COMING AND GOING.

• 14th May 2015

Very polite and helpful staff, just the rooms are really small, but for the price and location you can't ask too much!

The Smart Hyde Inn was in a great location. Subway, Tesco and Mcdonalds are nearby. We stayed in a 20 bed mixed dorm, the good thing was the bed had curtains to cover. However, they only had 2 working outlets for 20 people. Also, they charged extra for lockers and for printing. Other than the location, everything else was below average.

The staff- the Spanish and French girls- were very unfriendly, arrogant and bullies. Don't understand why people want to spoil holidays with no reason of a paying host. Kitchen facilities should have been more and the kitchen cleaner. I saw a cockroach there, although I saw people cleaning. Same thing for the toilets. The bedroom was large enough, with a lot of light and the bed confortable (although it was a three bed bunk bed). you need to pay for the lockers.

We stayed in the 20 person room and it was too small for that many people. At night it was so hot and humid in the room - the one tiny window was not enough ventilation!

Nice staff and people, clean hostel. Free Wi-fi well repaired, working in the common spaces. Some inconveniences 3G / phone calls you can not receive surely everywhere, only close to the street, otherwise recommended.

• 7th May 2015
  • Hungary

I enjoyed my stay at smart Hyde Park, I would like to tell them thank you very much for their efforts and I would thank specially the Arabic speaking stuff of the reception for their help. Thank you Zakarya from Germany

• 7th May 2015

The staff men were really kind with us. But, unfortunately the staff women were really rude. The Hostel is very warm and familiarity, we intend come back, and we recomend for all people that going to London. Thanks very much Mesaed and Bader (Staff men)

Hostel rooms were good. Staff wasnt very helpful.. they couldnt even tell me where a supermarket was! Showers were not great, you have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the water running.

I got my money worth.

First of all, the lockers are an additional charge so be prepared to pay or carry your passport and valuables with you. Beware the 20 bed dorms. I never knew it was possible to fit so many people into a such a confined space! It is very cheap by London standards, but I found it super-uncomfortable. The Luggage room is 2£, first time I've ever been asked to pay for a luggage room. There is a surcharge for paying with debit card. Even so, the staff were friendly and let me check in at 11am.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6