Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Rooms not well ventilated. Strong smells of body spray and cleaning products. Rooms got hot and stuffy at night.

• 21st May 2015

Very dirty

Very polite and helpful staff, just the rooms are really small, but for the price and location you can't ask too much!

The Smart Hyde Inn was in a great location. Subway, Tesco and Mcdonalds are nearby. We stayed in a 20 bed mixed dorm, the good thing was the bed had curtains to cover. However, they only had 2 working outlets for 20 people. Also, they charged extra for lockers and for printing. Other than the location, everything else was below average.

The staff- the Spanish and French girls- were very unfriendly, arrogant and bullies. Don't understand why people want to spoil holidays with no reason of a paying host. Kitchen facilities should have been more and the kitchen cleaner. I saw a cockroach there, although I saw people cleaning. Same thing for the toilets. The bedroom was large enough, with a lot of light and the bed confortable (although it was a three bed bunk bed). you need to pay for the lockers.

Nice staff and people, clean hostel. Free Wi-fi well repaired, working in the common spaces. Some inconveniences 3G / phone calls you can not receive surely everywhere, only close to the street, otherwise recommended.

• 7th May 2015
  • Hungary

I enjoyed my stay at smart Hyde Park, I would like to tell them thank you very much for their efforts and I would thank specially the Arabic speaking stuff of the reception for their help. Thank you Zakarya from Germany

• 7th May 2015

The staff men were really kind with us. But, unfortunately the staff women were really rude. The Hostel is very warm and familiarity, we intend come back, and we recomend for all people that going to London. Thanks very much Mesaed and Bader (Staff men)

Hostel rooms were good. Staff wasnt very helpful.. they couldnt even tell me where a supermarket was! Showers were not great, you have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the water running.

I got my money worth.

First of all, the lockers are an additional charge so be prepared to pay or carry your passport and valuables with you. Beware the 20 bed dorms. I never knew it was possible to fit so many people into a such a confined space! It is very cheap by London standards, but I found it super-uncomfortable. The Luggage room is 2£, first time I've ever been asked to pay for a luggage room. There is a surcharge for paying with debit card. Even so, the staff were friendly and let me check in at 11am.

The structure was as showed in the photos. The bedroom was quite wide and ventilated (considering we stay in a 10 bed mixed dorm). The number power outlets (4) was manageable making arrangements with the other guests of the room. Abut negative aspects: the common bathroom was quite dirty and only 2 on 3 wc were well-functioning, moreover the wc’s access door were broken. Finally, the presence of only one sink was very limiting.

I can only comment on the room I slept in. It was a large dormitory of 20 beds, and it cost me 11 pounds. If you're only looking for a cheap BED in central London, this is an excellent deal. But that's what it is: a bed. The room is mostly made up of beds, in columns of 3 beds, dovetailing each other. Each bed has blinds that you can shut for privacy. It all looks like drawers in a cupboard. But assuming this is all you need, it is well maintained, showers and toilets were in good condition.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Israel

I only stayed one night at the Hyde Park Inn, but I was really surprised about the cleanliness of the room and the kindness of the very helpful staff. The beds were confortable and you had some privacy thanks to curtains in front of the bed. You can't lock the shower, which was a bit uncomfortable as you share them with men. However, I felt good at the Hyde Park Inn, the location was excellent and the neighbourhood is great to explore London and to meet people.

Would never stay here again. Lockers didn't work had to go to reception more than 5 times as the card wouldn't open the locker & would become inactivated. Not a good vibe for young people/ hostel rooms are filled with old people and young people- rooms are small & crowded/ no ventilation & you get fresh sheets but the doona you get smells like body odour or something worse. A lot of kids on school tour which makes it crowded & noisy as they block doorways & common rooms.

Don't think I'll be staying here again which is a shame as the location, building and staff are some of the best. Unfortunately, there are no beds only five-sided boxes, stacked floor to ceiling covering all the wallspace, which means climbing a ladder to the top to squeeze into a confined space in a crowded, airless room. no sleep for me. Breakfast is eaten standing up as it's in a small, overcrowded room.

It makes sense that it's hard to stay on top of cleaning with so many people there, so the shower had a lot of hair in it and the room was pretty smelly. It was nice to have curtains on the beds. Charging phone was difficult. Bring flip flops for walking around/showering and earplugs. Breakfast was fine, just crowded. Great location near the underground and some stores. Staff was friendly but gave me wrong directions to the airport...no express train in early morning from Victoria to Heathrow.

I did not touch the junk-food breakfast, kitchen facilities were poor, partly, perhaps, because of theft. Few people seemed to cook or there would have been terrible congestion in the kitchen. I had to buy my own grater and knife. The evening after I left no one answered the phone but when I returned in the hope of recovering my diary, it awaited me at reception. The quiet hours of 10-6 suited me better than those of the YHA, 11-7. The iron bunks enabled one to slip out silently.

• 29th Apr 2015

I really liked the sturdy beds and the curtains on each bed. It would be nice to have individual lights on the beds so that you could read etc. even if the others are already asleep.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Perfect location, you got supermarkets, restaurants, underground, bus stop generally everything you need just 2mins walk from hostel, staff is cool and helpfull bed are with curtains wich is nice. you wont regret staying here.. but i bet you will if you choose an other hostel (i wont name it) close there couse i tried one and i thought im in a warzone lol

• 26th Apr 2015