Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The bedroom should be more opened, because when is complete is too hot inside

• 26th Jul 2014

Great staff! It's a shame there was no secure locker as such (not recommended at least) in the room as stated on the website. A few hidden costs - locker, towels, etc. All in all an OK stay - nothing fancy and not very clean but OK time. Great location!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel was oke, the rooms were really small for the number of people. No cool air in any way, so it was too hot and no space at all to store your luggage. Curtains around bed were nice, too bad people started opening them in the middle of the night. One of the staff members even started to do that at 1 a.m. and got angry with me when i said i didnt appreciate it, since he was 'a staffmember'. Blond girl at the desk was very friendly and helpfull!

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. London has been unusually hot lately and we are looking at improving the ventilation for every room. Very occasionally our reception team have to check that a bed is being used by opening a privacy curtain which is drawn. We regret if that causes alarm but it is only done when absolutely necessary. The blond girl at the desk says thanks too!

We stayed in a room for two people for 1 night, it was better than I thought it to be! Though the room was very small, it's enough, it's clean, we had our own shower. Breakfast included and location's quite convenient! Very nice place to stay for a couple of days for youngsters for quite reasonable price. Thanks!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your review. Our aim is to provide clean, low-cost, budget accommodation in Central London for our valued Guests. We do not pretend to be a 5 star venue and really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.

Very well located. The staff is not very friendly, and you have to pay extra for almost everything, like luggage room, computer and locker. The bathroom was ok and the room was regular, but very very hot inside.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, low-cost accommodation in Central London. One way to keep the prices down is to have "User pays" for some extras like the luggage room. Having said that, we provide free wi-fi in the reception/TV & dining rooms and our luggage storage rates are a very low £2/bag (from check-out until midnight)

Unhelpful staff, cramped and stuffy rooms, and pretty poor atmosphere probably because we were all crammed into 21 plus dorms with no regard for human needs like fresh air or normal sized beds. Don't trust hostel worlds reviews because this hostel sells free nights if you write a good review, check out trip advisor.

• 15th Jul 2014

stayed in a 4 bed room and the window wouldn't open. There is no air conditioning nor fan so it was impossible to breathe. Reception wouldn't repair the window nor change me to another room. Both receptonists were rude and unhelpfull, one even said it was the law that the window should be open only 10cm. Asked to leave my suitcase in reception for the night since i was leaving in a few hours and didnt want to carry it 4 floors up, receptionist wanted to charge me For it. Horrible experience.

The hostel staff were brilliant however the next day we were covered in bedbug bits both myself and my friend were itching for the next few days

• 15th Jul 2014

My only thought was that it would be good to have a coat hook in the shower

• 14th Jul 2014

This hostel cost more than it was worth. I don't have high standards when it comes to traveling but I think for how much I had to pay, at the very least, there should be more staff managing the cleanliness of the establishment. Visible mold and grime in the stairways and bathrooms was offputting and gave a sense of danger to our health. I would highly recommend management of the Smart Hyde Park Hostel to invest more of their income into maintaining the facility. Otherwise our stay was fine.

• 12th Jul 2014

Great low cost hostel, I always stay in a dorm here when lone visits to London for gigs exhibitions etc- I am a female in my 50s- it reminds me of travelling abroad, lots of interesting people, of all ages, from all over the world. Great location, close to everything. I feel very safe here and have made some good friends from stays here

Really good connection to the public transport and very close to lovely Hyde Park. There are lockers in the room, but you have to pay for them extra (use with your own lock is not possible). Bed sheets are included but kinda tricky to pull over the blanket. Cleanliness could have been better. Still, overall a nice, quick stay.

Smart Hyde Park Inn is a reasonable place for you to post up in London for a couple nights. The beds, although a bit plasticky and rickety, are indeed beds. They are way better than sleeping on the streets of London. Free light breakfast was a definite plus and it was more than appreciated. Hyde Park is a great place to be, too. It's also a central hub of London, in essence. There are plenty of bus stops and a couple underground stations not even 250m from the front door.

This place is cheap but you get what you pay for. A bed and nothing more. Everything else will cost you-even cutlery you have to sign out at the front desk. And if you sleep in past ten and attempt to check out they will keep your ten pound deposit. Not impressed.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great location, but the hostel it´s just ok. I was a few years ago and now the price is more expensive and the hostel itself remains exactly the same.

Staff were rude, rooms were hot and this hostel has absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever.

• 9th Jul 2014

Avoid this hostel if possible. Gloomy and depressing atmosphere, the staff is very rude and unmotivated. Terrible wifi. On top of it all, it only accepts cash payments, which sounds fishy. I literally moved out to another hostel a couple blocks away that was twice as good and ended up paying less.

• Mexico

Call me spoiled, but having to share two power outlets in a 12-person dorm is just impossible in this day and age where everyone wants to charge their phone at night.

• 9th Jul 2014

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. We agree. We're in the process of upgrading the dorms. Half of our rooms now have personal power outlets in the bunks. The remainder of the dorms will be upgraded in due course. Hope to see you again. Cheers

The place itself is not very clean. The bathrooms and toilets are a little bit scary. Staff can be a little bit rude sometimes, but mainly they are okay. I think the price that you pay (cheap) is worth it staying there.

horrible experience, the hostel is dirty and noisy, it was impossible to sleep. Moreover the staff is really rough. I never write reviews about the hostels I stay at but this time I feel I have to do it. I do not recommend this hostel at all, it is the worst I have ever been to.

• 8th Jul 2014

Hi. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. Thanks for the feedback though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7