Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

There was definetely someone in the room while we were gone, as they left the window of our ground floor room wide open (so everyone could have just climbed in), but the floor looked as if it hadn't been hoovered for weeks, and the flushing button of our toilet was taken out without any explanation while we were away, so we had to use the toilet in the hall despite having booked an ensuite room. There was too little space in the breakfast room for the amount of people. Located great, though!

Unlike last time, this time I enjoyed my stay. I got a room on the ground floor, which is wondeful because I am tired of carrying my luggage up and down the stairs. The staff were well-behaved. The place was clean, as usual. There were some cultlery in the kitchen this time, which was a wise thing to do. However, still the loud volume of TV is a problem. And the rooms are crammed with all the luguage. I wish they designsted a room for free luguage storage instead of keeping luggsge in the room.

Very friendly staff fom the manager right down to the other staff.

All the staff here were absolutely lovely; that's reception and cleaning staff. They're all really helpful and understanding and quite receptive and quick to help out.

• 12th Jan 2015

It is a very crowded place. Very small shower rooms that were always with wet floor. There is almost no space to leave your luggage and the lockers are paid. The common room is very crowded and don't have free adaptors to EEUU plugs (you must buy them for 5pounds). The kitchen is like a Warfield (1pound each kitchen utensil rrental). The fridge has a sign saying that if your things got stolen, it is your problem. I strongly disrecommend this place.

Very good place to stay. Clean and not smelly :) If i come back to London I will come here again :)

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

An accommodating place to stay as usual with a vibrant atmosphere coupled with a helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed in a dorm with 15 people and what bothered me the most is that there was no windows in the room...which can be pretty annoying if it's a full room+everyone is drying their towels inside the room. The staff is very friendy but it's weird that I can speak better in english than them...the location is good, one block away from the metro station (which you have to use cuz the hostel is located quite far from the center)..the breakfast is ok.and the hostel is very cheap!

A lot better than I thought it would be. I had read some bad reviews but decided to go anyway. Great price and they upgraded me from a 20 to a 12 bed dorm for free. Super close to the grocery store and tube station. Free wifi in the common areas. Small but nice kitchen. Breakfast is limited but decent. Staff was very nice and helpful. Would go again.

Our room felt like it was an old storage unit transformed into a 16 bedroom dorm. The room was dirty, bathrooms smelt

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have different types of domitories to suit different types of travellers dependent on their budget. Our housekeeping staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular checks every hour durng these times of the shared toilets and facilities to maintain good cleaning quality. In addition to this, any cleaning issues reported to receptionists by guests will be dealt with promptly.

With this hostel, you get what you pay for. The location, beds, and common areas are excellent but the hallways, bathrooms, and rooms are very small. This hostel is basically a maze of doors, but it was fun to explore! The kitchen and other basement areas were always full of people cooking, eating, and willing to talk. Met a lot of cool people! If you're looking for a longer stay, I'd choose somewhere else, but for a night or two this is an excellent hostel!

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Backpacker experience after your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very clean place, the only down side is they have a very modern but small Kitchen, only 4 stove hob for a hostel over 500 ppl. I find that very inconvenient and a bit not user friendly. Also you need to pay for storing your stuff in your own room, which I think that's a bit too money greedy. Beside that everything is good and Defo good for an overnight stay as it is very cheap and in a good spot

The hostel has two main problems, for me: 1- not having plug sockets near the beds in the rooms, so you have either to spend time in the hostel to charge your phone/other gadgets or leave your phone/gadget charging in one of the few sockets in the room during the night, far from you; and 2- having keycard-only lockers for which you have to pay daily, so even if you have a padlock you can't use it.

Most importantly the staff are very helpful and they are very professional when dealing with customers.

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Like us on Facebook to keep up with everythung going on in London and at our hostels. We hope we will see you again soon!

My stay was brilliant as usual.There is always a vibrant buzz about the place.It is always good to stay in a clean and orderly environment.Most importantly the staff where very warm and accomodating as usual.

This place is nice enough. The staff is nice and helpful. It's situated next to a station on the central tube line. However there is no hot water in the showers (which can't be locked (!) only closed) and the toilet cubicles are so tiny that sitting down your knees almost touch the door (I'm only 1m66). There were only two power points in my room (12 bed dorm) which was a disaster. If you want to use a locker it's extra. I payed ca. 250 € for 6 nights (New Years) which it was noot worth.

Reception staff could not be bothered to explain, let alone show, the facilities which was not a nice welcome. The common areas weren't very inviting or comfortable (noisy TV vs. chilly) but the worst thing was the atrocious smell of the detergent. Also free WIFI was not available in my room, only in the (uncomfortable) common areas in the basement. so down there everyone was on their phones / laptops while they could and did not talk much

Well run and fairly relaxed hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Like us on Facebook to keep up with everything going on in London and at our hostels. We hope we will see you again soon.

It was a room with 16 people, mess and bad smell.. had just 2 electric outlet for this room, hostel dont provide adapter , need to pay for the locker and for leave the bags after check out, cold room , small bed. Positive - free little breakfast , location

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Since in a hostel a lot of people come and go daily, we try to keep the place as clean as possible. But it can happen that a backpacker travelling around the world ends up in a shared dorm and his/her small pair of shoes can leave quite an impression. We are looking to upgrade our beds to include personal power sockets! We hope if you come back you will see the positive improvement this will make.

Very good staff but no cutlery or things to use in the kitchen

Hello and thank you for your feedback, Our friendly receptionists work continuously to ensure guests are made welcome. We always have plenty of spare cutlery available for guests. During your next visit with us please speak with our reception team who will be able to resolve any issues that are not to your liking, we hope you visit us again soon.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6