Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The staff were not particularly friendly or helpful on arrival, they didn't explain things well or show me around the facilities. The accommodation was generally poor and extremely noisy. The bathroom were terrible and unclean most of the time during my stay and I had to pay £5 to borrow a towel. I the location is very central which is the only good thing about this place. Will never stay there again.

I absolutely love this hostel! The facilities are very nice. Room was very unique with the lofted area, making it feel like the room had even less beds. Everything was very clean. The bar is really nice and offers a good selection (for a hostel). The only downfalls would be the WiFi (it was a hit or miss) and the age range of other guests. I just wasn't used to seeing small children in hostels. They were very loud but that's a hostel! Staff was so helpful and friendly!! Definitely will be back.

I only stayed for one night on my way through London so it was fine for that reason, but the place seemed to be teeming with people coming and going, the staff were a little awkward and not very helpful, the room didn't have enough power points and the beds were cramped. Also it was cheap, but with a lot of extra's.

Everything is good.. excellent location. staff is nice and friendly.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

I hated this hostel at first, mostly because the internet fient work, like at all, but after à while, considering the price I had paid (12-17 pounds) I realized that it had been a pretty good deal. It was sufficient.

Bad internet. Small rooms and really small beds. Only a few plugs for the +20 people in the room. Good location. Only to stay 1 or 2 nights. Poor breakfast.

Just an deal oratio. Excellent staff. Rooms lays cleaned daily. Leaders work loopy hard. Considering the number of rooms.. . They are brilliant .

This hostel was great to stay in! Being my first time in a hostel, I was pleasantly surprised to find it clean, accommodating to my wants and the staff is friendly. It's very close to Hyde Park/Kensington Park and literally a 30 second walk to the Bayswater underground to take you anywhere. Everything you need from groceries to cafes is also there.

Descent hostel for London. Good location near Hype Park, very close to underground station. There is also a street full of fast food nearby. The hostel is ok clean. Beds are very small, but have curtains so you'll have privacy. Showers are ok but you can't change the water temperature which is insanely hot. No free lockers! You have to pay extra for that... Wifi is barely usable. The best is to pay extra to use the computers in the common area where internet really works.

Very pleasant stay, great staff, thanks a lot

What can I say. I cannot fault the staff. The cleaner's are a credit to themselves. Some guest's need to learn manners.. Dont walk around in your bathrobe when there are young girls at breakfast.. How rude and unsightly.. Apart from that. Can't fault it

Only one mirror and toilet very cramped. Only one fan on one side of room; was VERY hot and humid in summer and did not sleep well. Otherwise, was clean and shower was good. Staff very hospitable. Location was excellent.

• 20th Jul 2015

Love it here..always made welcome elodie makes me laugh..very helpful even when I check out late and check in early... recommend to all.

Had a great time staying at this hostel which gives you great value for what you pay for!

Probably the best cheap hostel you can get in London! Would visit again!

The bathrooms were really tiny and they only had hot water. Think about that when it is summer! The room door has a mechanism that makes a lot of noise. I had a terrible night due to that. Do not stay there if you want some place comfortable.

Well located Youth Hostel. The staff is friendly and the hostel is well kept (clean). The only negative is the heat in the room during the night (no windows).

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I will be sure to pass your compliments along to my staff, especially Abdullah who checked you in. There is a window in each room and we have added recently fans as well. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

A great choice. Well staffed well maintained. Always clean. Highly recommend it.

The staff customer service was poor, not helpful in any way.

• 17th Jul 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Our reception team are continually receiving training on customer service and care. We are disappointed you did not enjoy the manner of our staff. We rigorously review our performance to improve our standards of service. Hope to see you real soon!! Lots of love, Smart Hyde Park Inn

The room we were booked into was extremely hot and it was almost impossible to sleep... Especially with the loud roommates we were assigned.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7