Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Like the curtains on the beds.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

I warmly recommend it .

• 14th Dec 2014

Not worth the money. The hostel was horrible! The staff at the reception could not speak proper English. We booked a 8-bed-dorm and ended up with a room for 9 people. Inside was 3 3-storey bunk beds and a toilet. If you took the lower bed, the bed above you would be so low that you could not even sit. You could just lie down. Shower was as small as in the airplane. Someone shaved and the toilet floor was full of hair! My advice to future traveller: spend a bit more money for a proper hostel

My friend and I were staying in twin private with en suite bathroom. The room itself was clean, as was the adjoining bathroom, however I found the overall hostel lacking in cleanliness and that to me is a huge factor. For example, the staircase and breakfast room I found looked dirty. The lobby wasn't welcoming although that may be because building works were being carried out. Have stayed in other hotels prior to this with same price range, this was a disappointment in comparison.

Very good! The staff was very gentle, nice and helpfull. The bathrooms was always clean, what it's rare in some hostels around the world. My only complain is about has to pay for the lockers and wi fi in the bedrooms, this is really really bad. I think it's a facility that every hostel should offer (and the most of them really do!). But, att all, it's a really nice place to stay in London.

• 7th Dec 2014

The staff are extremely friendly and very professional.There is a nice and clean communal area for eating washing TV or browsing the web with free WiFi access.A place to definately recommend to friends.

Beddings are not very clean,

Well worth the stay. Great value for money even tho I missed breakfast (went too heavy on the night out at Gary Numan gig). Easy walk to many locations from here, Hyde Park is great. Definitely stay again. I'll b in march to see the postponed Warpaint gig.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • djw_arsenal1025

Hostel was ok. Room was smelly and hot, and a bit noisy too. It's cheap to book but everything else is extra, like towels (bad quality for price) and wifi in the room. Clean bed sheets are given, but not clean duvet covers which isn't ideal. Kitchen facilities weren't great. Breakfast was ok, just toast and cereal. Location is very good though, right by the tube and buses. A bigger common area would be nice. Not enough power points either for charging phones.

• 27th Nov 2014

Horrible place to stay. I was waiting for the time i could finally leave. The room was too small and crowded there was no space for anything. The washroom was tine in the room, and was almost impossible to change clothes there. U can't be "in peace" in anywhere there is no free or confortable spaces to hang out. The kitchin and the living room was always crowded, cause people dont have how to stay in there rooms, or charge their mobiles. It was really awful. LUGAR HORRIVEL NAO RECOMENDO.

• 26th Nov 2014

just a place for sleeping - not much else. Clean enough, but could be more tidy and organized, and better opportunities for storage. Really, really disliked not having proper usb/other charging in the rooms (preferebly one by each bed?) - I only had few days in London, and it took up a lot of my time sitting in places to charge my phone. .. and maybe a lights for each bed. Didn't sleep well with people turning on and off lights at all times. Because of that I wouldn't stay there again.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Wasnt expecting much for the price i paid, but after 30mins of being there, i was pleasently surprised. The 20bed dorm was clean, and didnt smell like socks, like a lot of hostels. The staff were cool, got a chance to meet some nice people at the free breakfast. think i paid £8 for a night, cant complain.

Great location, especially for the price. Heaps of dodgy characters around the area though. Facilities were pretty gross, some mould and an overall unpleasant smell there. Would actually recommend it though, despite all that, if you're after cheap accomodation in a good location

The value for money is good,they serves breakfast from 7:30 until 9:30, the hostel stays near the central line, supermarkets and fast food restaurants but the staff will charge you for any extra as the locker in the room or to let your luggage in the locker room during the check out day.

London is expensive, I got that. this is one of the cheapest hostels in the city so you know what to expect. I felt the worst of the hostel is the way is being managed. they charge for everything, lockers, wifi in the room, breakfast. Not even free coffee or tea. The area is great of you want to be near central london. you can easily get there in a 40 minutes walk and hyde park is awesome too so its good to have it close.

Thr staff was very rude when we arrived. The first impression was bad. We were talking with the receptionist and cheking in. Then suddenly the receptionist had to serve others and fold sheets (not ours) and Said in a rude way: " I Said 2 sec." In the middel if the chek in. Not good service.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Hi there, we are sorry you didn't have a positive experience with our staff. Our Team are all highly trained and are there purely for the comfort and security of our guests and to minimise noise and potential disturbance to guests and local residents. We will pass your comments onto our hostel manager to address in the training of our staff! We hope we will see you again!

I stayed there 1 night in 4 mix room, these are many things I got: 1. On website they said wifi free, but in fact, it is only free at reception area, i have to pay 1 GPB/24hours for wifi in room. 2. The rope to keep curtain of the bed is not good, it should be replaced by new one. 3. The shower should be re-designed. It was fixed so it is very difficult if i want to clean my leg or foot. It should be shower head with flexible hose.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. The internet is free in communal areas (kitchen, dining area, TV room and reception). However if you would like high speed internet in your room, it will cost £1 for 24 hours. We are currently upgrading our ensuite facilities, soon all rooms will come with a temperature and pressure controlled removable shower head! We are so excited to see the positive changes this will make to yours and fellow guests experience.

Staff is nice and polite. Facilities are basic but clean. Location is great and the hostel is very easy to find. A tube station is a two minute walk away.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear your enjoyed the polite and friendly manner of our staff. Our wonderful cleaning staff work hard to ensure the hostel is clean and hygienic for our valued guests. We are please to hear you found our hostel with ease, we are situated in an central location with awesome transport links including 2 tube stations and 24 hour busses within minutes walk. We hope to see you again!

Serious lack of facilities - what is advertised is either not up to standard or there is an unstated cost to it, i.e. towels are £5 no returns, wifi and lockers also at a cost. Hostel smelt bad, was unclean and the "kitchen" was barely a kitchen. The "continental breakfast" is a joke. White bread and cornflakes is not continental, especially when the jam and butter bowls have become mixed. The main let down was that staff were incredibly rude and incompetent. & my friends phone was stolen,

• 9th Nov 2014

Have been staying here for the past 10 years, what more can I say?

Hi there, thank you for sticking with Smart Backpackers over the last 10 years! We hope to see much more of you in the future as well!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7