Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

We spend 1 night in a 16 beds mixed room. Room was small but every bad had an own curtain so personall area was okey, for 1,5 GBP its possible to buy a lockup box in the room. Bathroom was okey, clean and had enough hot water but it was directly next to our room, quite noisy... Breakfast was almost nothing, only bread and jam with milk or tea... Staff were obnoxious, it wouldn't be so difficult to be nicer... For 1 or 2 nights its okey, but for longer I'm sure there are better places!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Hi. Clearly you didn't have a good time, which is unfortunate. Our larger dorms are not for everyone. Can we suggest a smaller dorm next time, the experience will probably be different for you. Thanks for the review.

Some of my food was stolen in my room. A roommate lost his phone. The staff shortchanged me (although just 10 penny)

Hi, These incidents do not happen very often however most of the time guests are sharing with people they do not know and not everyone is as honest as you are. We beg our guests to keep all of their valuables on them or securely locked up at all times!

I booked a 6-bed mixed dorm. Everything in the hostel is tightly packed, there is minimal space for everything. The beds are comfortable, but is hard no to hit some part of your body trying to get inside of one of them. Since it is a kind-of economic hostel, you don't have some features like wi-fi in your room and you have to pay extra to use the lockers.

Thnaks for taking the time to leave some feedback! Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. As you mentioned we have recently upgraded our wi-fi and it is now available in the rooms for just £1 for 1 day OR it is still available FREE in the common rooms :)

At first I was afraid because I had never stayed in a hostel before. But it wasn ´t that bad at all, seriously. It´s true that you need to count with the noise during the night when new people arrive and the accommodation is pretty small but...the location of this hostel is really excellent and that matters the most to me. You´re gonna spend there the nights only so don´t worry too much. Overall, I´m satisfied with my stay :))

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We hope we will see you again :)

I booked a room for five people with a bathroom. The towels were extra but hired at a high price, there were no sheets or pillow covers provided. The shower was poorly designed. I think the hostel was overpriced for what was provided.

• 12th Aug 2014

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. Every guest who arrives is given clean bed sheets and are provided with a pillow and duvet. If for some reason you did not receive sheets, we encourage our guests to ask the reception team as they would be happy to help. Guests should bring their own towels. Alternatively a small amount are available at reception for purchase (£5.00).

Whenever I am in London I always stay at this hostel. It is in a perfect location and the staff are always friendly.

Thank you for your review. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We look forward to seeing you again :)

I've booked for a shared room,the price was cheap even in the week end of the peak season. I didn't personally liked the room,there is no space between beds,was difficult even to pack/unpack your luggage. However you can sleep :). The kitchen is a bit small and with only a fridge, always full. Shared area is nice.Breakfast is ok, plant milk is missing (please provide it!) Perfect if you need to stay only for few nights but probably there are better choises at the same price in the low season.

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. We hope we will see you again!

To be very honest the only good thing about this hostel is it's location. Else, the rooms very pretty damn small and damp.Bed space is too cramped up. Toilets also need more attention, most of the time they were wet. However keeping in mind it's location, one should not expect more than this. If you want to have a better place to stay either pay more or stay slightly away from city centre.

Thank you for your review. Our aim is to provide clean, low-cost, budget accommodation in Central London for our valued Guests. Our housekeeping team clean day & night for Guests comfort, infact the shared toilet facilities are cleaned every hour between 7am and midnight. Unfortuantely, facilities are only ever as clean as the last person who used them. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Thanks again.

my room and was not well cleaned, the staff are so rude that I would not recommend to no one, all the receptionists are very rude and are always in a bad mood.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay.

I booked for a 12 people dormitory. It's quite great easy to get there (with the circle or the district line) and there are two supermarkets, three fast food restaurants, a post office and some coffee shops (such as Starbucks). There are even two pubs. However, I won't recommend it if you enjoy to hang out at nights. The room I was in was very small for 12 people (an their luggage). The breakfast room is really small and in my opinion it's not well organized.

Hi. Many thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to provide a review for your fellow travelers. Cheers.

Bit worn. Nice beds with curtains but no space in the room. Average hostel all in all

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback! Next time could we suggest a smaller dorm, sometimes the larger ones aren't for every one :) We hope we will see you again!

I was only there for one night so i chose it for its really convenient location next to the subway. But i wouldnt want to stay longer, the dorms are incredibly crowded. Big plus though is that there are curtains on the bunks for privacy

HI and thanks for the feedback. Perhaps next time you might like to try one of the smaller dorms. 20 bed rooms are incredibly cheap but not always for everyone. Cheers.

VERY cramped rooms. Too many people in too little space! The luggages were all over the little space around the beds... A lot of the services (towels, luggage room...) are not for free, and have to be bought as extra. Very basic "free breakfast" and I felt bad after eating it (either indigestion or food poisoning) so I actually left the place feeling bad and having to stop for half a day on a bench.

Thank you for your feedback. We continue our endeavour to provide clean, safe, low-cost, budget accommodation. Therefore for some extra services we charge a small fee. We have very limited luggage storage space, therefore we must charge a very low £2/bag (from check-out until midnight) to ensure the space is used appropriately. We also provide free wi-fi in the reception/TV & dining rooms and as you mentioned a continental breakfast consisting of toast, cereal, tea and coffee is included.

The staff does its job, always here and they clean showers and toilets once an hour : not the most welcoming hostel i know but it is respectful. I cant blame them for sparing smiles because, and thats the real problem, there is too many people. The dirtiness of the room and the risk of robbery is due to roomates.Always keep your belonging.

• 4th Aug 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay with us! That's very good advise. Hostels are a shared environment and to minimise the risk, we do suggest all our guest keep their valubles with them at all times!

The staff is OK. The rooms are small and not vented. The breakfast is rubbish, but the location is wonderful, close to the metro and a hipercomercial street. A anecdote that I did not like: We rented a private room between two; in a time when we were inside, someone (presumably the staff) opened the door with a magnetic card. When he realized we were inside, he left.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Hi and thank you for staying with Smart Backpackers. We are a little confused about some of your feedback. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding about our shared dormitory. Ordinarily a 4 bedroom dorm is shared between 4 guests unless you and your party purchase all four beds. If you weren't aware of this we fully understand your surprise when someone else entered your dormitory. We will advise our reception staff to make sure our guests are informed of this in the future.

This hostel is like a prison

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay.

Stealing was a huge issue. Got my phone and money stolen while staying and every night someone else's phone or money got stolen from their beds bags or plug ins. Would not recommend this hostel if you want to keep your belongings.

Hi. We recommend to all Guests, PLEASE PLEASE keep your valuables with you (or securely locked up.) Do not leave phones etc unattended in power points or on beds etc. Most of the time Guests are sharing with people they do not know and not everyone is as honest as you are! The process if something should happen is to notify Reception who will help you contact the Police.

- No Lift (elevator) - too much stairs; - Very hot inside the bedroom in the summer - no air cond. or fans. - Good hostel, great location - 3 min. walking to tube station. Recommend !!!

Hi thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are working on the ventilation in the rooms which hopefully you will notice, if we are lucky enough for you to stay again.

Even if the hostel is in London and it is near to a station, the prize is quite expensive. The people who worked there didn't say that you had free wifi just for 1 hour! On top the girl at reception and the guy who seemed to run the hostel laughed at our face: we asked for 4 knifes and 4 forks, so they asked us in advance 2€ so we gave 8€ but while we were leaving they didn't want to give back our money.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. Sounds like there was confusion about the wifi. We have wi-fi available in the rooms for just £1 for 1 day OR it is available FREE and unlimited in the common rooms. Your comments about the team have been passed on to the Manager to look in to. We hope it was just some misunderstanding on our part.

Very good value for the money . Perfect for few days f london cheap in london. Also well situated

• 28th Jul 2014

Hi. Thanks for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7