Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

We stayed in a room for two people for 1 night, it was better than I thought it to be! Though the room was very small, it's enough, it's clean, we had our own shower. Breakfast included and location's quite convenient! Very nice place to stay for a couple of days for youngsters for quite reasonable price. Thanks!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Russia

Unhelpful staff, cramped and stuffy rooms, and pretty poor atmosphere probably because we were all crammed into 21 plus dorms with no regard for human needs like fresh air or normal sized beds. Don't trust hostel worlds reviews because this hostel sells free nights if you write a good review, check out trip advisor.

• 15th Jul 2014

stayed in a 4 bed room and the window wouldn't open. There is no air conditioning nor fan so it was impossible to breathe. Reception wouldn't repair the window nor change me to another room. Both receptonists were rude and unhelpfull, one even said it was the law that the window should be open only 10cm. Asked to leave my suitcase in reception for the night since i was leaving in a few hours and didnt want to carry it 4 floors up, receptionist wanted to charge me For it. Horrible experience.

The hostel staff were brilliant however the next day we were covered in bedbug bits both myself and my friend were itching for the next few days

• 15th Jul 2014

My only thought was that it would be good to have a coat hook in the shower

• 14th Jul 2014

Really good connection to the public transport and very close to lovely Hyde Park. There are lockers in the room, but you have to pay for them extra (use with your own lock is not possible). Bed sheets are included but kinda tricky to pull over the blanket. Cleanliness could have been better. Still, overall a nice, quick stay.

Smart Hyde Park Inn is a reasonable place for you to post up in London for a couple nights. The beds, although a bit plasticky and rickety, are indeed beds. They are way better than sleeping on the streets of London. Free light breakfast was a definite plus and it was more than appreciated. Hyde Park is a great place to be, too. It's also a central hub of London, in essence. There are plenty of bus stops and a couple underground stations not even 250m from the front door.

This place is cheap but you get what you pay for. A bed and nothing more. Everything else will cost you-even cutlery you have to sign out at the front desk. And if you sleep in past ten and attempt to check out they will keep your ten pound deposit. Not impressed.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great location, but the hostel it´s just ok. I was a few years ago and now the price is more expensive and the hostel itself remains exactly the same.

Staff were rude, rooms were hot and this hostel has absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever.

• 9th Jul 2014

Avoid this hostel if possible. Gloomy and depressing atmosphere, the staff is very rude and unmotivated. Terrible wifi. On top of it all, it only accepts cash payments, which sounds fishy. I literally moved out to another hostel a couple blocks away that was twice as good and ended up paying less.

• Mexico

Call me spoiled, but having to share two power outlets in a 12-person dorm is just impossible in this day and age where everyone wants to charge their phone at night.

• 9th Jul 2014

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. We agree. We're in the process of upgrading the dorms. Half of our rooms now have personal power outlets in the bunks. The remainder of the dorms will be upgraded in due course. Hope to see you again. Cheers

horrible experience, the hostel is dirty and noisy, it was impossible to sleep. Moreover the staff is really rough. I never write reviews about the hostels I stay at but this time I feel I have to do it. I do not recommend this hostel at all, it is the worst I have ever been to.

• 8th Jul 2014

Hi. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. Thanks for the feedback though.

The atmosphere was cold and unsocial. I would not recommend this hostel to young adults traveling alone or in pairs.

It is a good hostel, located near a subway station and 5 minutes from to Hyde Park, the best park of London (in my opinion). The breakfast is free and in the hostel have a ATM for take money, a printer for print anything and a cooking. Yes, I recommend it.

Good location but too many people in one room. The third floor bed sounds horrible. But for budget travelers, that is good choice. It is worthy.

Hello. Thanks for your review and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully. Cheers.

We had a room with a tiny but new and very clean bathroom. You need to pay to use the locker and wifi in the room, but you can use the internet for free in the common areas. There are too many stairs and no lift. But everything is kept as clean as possible and the ladies that are doing the cleaning are at work all the time and doing the best that they can. After a week in two other hostels in London, our stay in this one was a really pleasant experience. Would definitely stay there again.

Hi. Thank you so much for your kind words. Our housekeepers work so hard trying to keep the Hostel clean for everyone. You are definitely welcome back any time! Cheers

Private rooms on the 4th floor with no lift.

Hello. Thanks for your feedback. Hope to see you again.

Wow, where to begin...frankly, it was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. I'll list the cons for you: bed bugs (bites all over our ankles), poor enforcement of rules (kids RUNNING through the halls and slamming doors at 1 am), paper thin walls, all ages were there from 11 year olds to 60 year old men, we had to make and take apart our own bedding, rude male front staff, NO security...I could go on. You also have to pay extra for wifi and lockers in your rooms. It's not worth it to stay here!

Bed bugs are a concern for all Hostels and Hotels. After 15 years of running our Hostels, we have systems in place to protect our Guests. First: the mattresses, bedding and rooms are treated so that if any guest should accidentally bring something with them, the bugs die. Second: If a guest reports a problem, we quarantine the room and have the experts fumigate the suspect area and surrounds. All guests are required to ID themselves at night as staying, when entering the security doors.

Room was very warm

• 5th Jul 2014

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. We hope to see you and your friends next time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6