Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The room was very cramped and hot. The ventilation was very poor so the room was very humid with so many people in such a small space. The staff were not very friendly. On the plus side, there was a sink in the room and curtains on the beds that gave you full privacy to change clothes, sleep etc.

• 27th Sep 2014

Mostly rude, moody and not helpful staff. Other than that the rooms are small but good enough for a weekend trip. EXCELLENT location, stores, restaurants, bars and metro/bus stations very close by.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Staffs don't have service mind. They did bad manners to customer and cannot controll their emotion. It's unpolite. The hotel is also noisy sound at night and then i cannot sleep well. I don't want to recommend to stay here and i will tell all of my friend ' shouldn't stay here'.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

I stayed here for one night due to work committments. I slept well, it was cheap and it is in the perfect location! There are many amenities close by also. I will definitely be back again one day! Thanks!

• 25th Sep 2014

The internet didn´t work well. It was impossible to use skype and it was very hard to do a simple surfing. The nine-beds room is very small, with not enough space between the beds

• 15th Sep 2014

Terrible unfriendly staff and house completely full. Disgusting atmosphere!

Booked a 9 bed dorm about the size of a standard 12 bed dorm but cut in half, which they somehow squeezed 3 triple bunk beds in. Couldn't open the door due to 8 other peoples bags thrown over the floor, once inside you can't move. Had a toilet that would be lucky to be 1 metre squared, and a shower down the hall just wide enough to fit my shoulders in. Wifi in the room costs, free Wifi in the lobby doesn't work. Checked in about 6pm, checked out about 8pm the same night it impressed me that much

I spend an wonderful time, ful of energy and joy!

It is not smart hostel but chicken hostel... it is not the quality it is the impertinence from the owner to offer 16beds in a room in a cellar with a chicken big window looking to a dirty concrete whole... you are basically close to suffocating and in case of emergency no one will come there out alive... WCs are difficult to fit in and close the door behind you, showers are a small hole on the celling... feels like a giant ants hip...and they are cheeky to ask you for extra fee to store luggage

Disgusting. Do yourself a favour and walk to the hostel around the corner--for about the same price, the Royal Bayswater has larger rooms and bathrooms and feels less dank overall. Hyde Park would have been just mediocre enough to justify the low price, but my breaking point came with the dark, hot, windowless rooms stuffing twenty people together and breathing the same stale air all night long. One of the staff members (manager?) has a very strange and cynical approach to dealing with patrons.

• 8th Sep 2014

It's so cheap to be so central in London, you wait for something bad. Actually, it's a pretty great hostel. The rooms aren't so big, but the beds are comfy. It's quiet, u have all the facilities u need: hot showers, small kitchen, free wifi in the common areas. The staff is helpful and u have everything u need in the neighborhood: supermarket, restaurants, .. And Hyde Park!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

The rooms are small and full with people - it's getting very warm and stuffy. But it's clean, secure and the value for money is good.

Rooms are very hot and stuffy. Couldn't imagine how bad it'd be without the privacy curtains on each bed. Staff were unhelpful. For a solid budget hostel to sleep in, this is one of your best bets in London. Location awesome too.

Good location, ATM at reception, TV room , wifi free, staff helpfull..

• 5th Sep 2014
  • United Arab Emirates

Hi, thanks for taking the time to provide valuable feedback! As you mentioned, we are situated very close to two major tube stations; one being Bayswater (district & circle line) and the other Queensway (central line). We pride ourselves on our central and convenient locations. We have a free cash withdrawal ATM in our reception and free wifi in our common areas. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in Smart Backpackers

great hostel.. I was sad to find out they are all booked out this week and next week.. forced me to move to different hostel. This hostel is best with location and great facility, good WIFI and clean room, bathroom and bed!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to provide valuable feedback! As you mentioned, we are located in an amazing location, situated very close to two major tube stations; one being Bayswater (district & circle line) and the other Queensway (central line). We pride ourselves on our central locations. We have invested alot of money into our hostels to ensure we provide our valued guests with fresh, clean and hygienic rooms. We are so glad you enjoyed our services and hope to see you again!

When I saw the image, it looks fine. When I am living there, there is a hell. I do not care how many people in one room, but I care 20 people in a small room. So much small room!!!!!!!!! Please do not do this again! We would like to save money, but we do not want to kill ourselves!!!!!!!!!!

Staff not so friendly, only four plugs on a 9 bed room, room lockers only paying (cant use your own padlock) and you also have to pay for the luggage storage. Great location, just 2 minutes from Bayswater tube station, supermarkets, restaurants etc.

It's secure, and very well located, away from the expensive areas, but not so far away. Close to the Hyde Park and Notting Hill. Next to supermarkets, and sooo close to Bayswater underground station. I just thought the beds are limited: I am 176cm high and felt not so comfortable in those beds. And our bathroom had a problem in the light. But I recommend it

Hi, thanks for staying with Smart Backpacker. As you mentioned, we are situated very close to two major tube stations; Bayswater (district & circle line) and Queensway (central line). We pride ourselves on our central and convenient locations. The beds in our hostel are made for the comfort of guests up to 5ft10, which is taller than the average person, we are currently looking into our bed length so we can accommodate and be of comfort to more guests! We hope to see you again!

Bugs first night. Had to change rooms and then left booking early. Staff was nice. No plugs by beds.

i found everything pretty good for the price that i paid. only thing is STINKY ROOM MATES!!! but ofcourse, the hostel would have no control over that. Friendly staff. I had an overall pretty good stay. Thanks!

• 24th Aug 2014

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We hope we will see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7