Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Terrible unfriendly staff and house completely full. Disgusting atmosphere!

Booked a 9 bed dorm about the size of a standard 12 bed dorm but cut in half, which they somehow squeezed 3 triple bunk beds in. Couldn't open the door due to 8 other peoples bags thrown over the floor, once inside you can't move. Had a toilet that would be lucky to be 1 metre squared, and a shower down the hall just wide enough to fit my shoulders in. Wifi in the room costs, free Wifi in the lobby doesn't work. Checked in about 6pm, checked out about 8pm the same night it impressed me that much

It is not smart hostel but chicken hostel... it is not the quality it is the impertinence from the owner to offer 16beds in a room in a cellar with a chicken big window looking to a dirty concrete whole... you are basically close to suffocating and in case of emergency no one will come there out alive... WCs are difficult to fit in and close the door behind you, showers are a small hole on the celling... feels like a giant ants hip...and they are cheeky to ask you for extra fee to store luggage

Disgusting. Do yourself a favour and walk to the hostel around the corner--for about the same price, the Royal Bayswater has larger rooms and bathrooms and feels less dank overall. Hyde Park would have been just mediocre enough to justify the low price, but my breaking point came with the dark, hot, windowless rooms stuffing twenty people together and breathing the same stale air all night long. One of the staff members (manager?) has a very strange and cynical approach to dealing with patrons.

• 8th Sep 2014

It's so cheap to be so central in London, you wait for something bad. Actually, it's a pretty great hostel. The rooms aren't so big, but the beds are comfy. It's quiet, u have all the facilities u need: hot showers, small kitchen, free wifi in the common areas. The staff is helpful and u have everything u need in the neighborhood: supermarket, restaurants, .. And Hyde Park!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

The rooms are small and full with people - it's getting very warm and stuffy. But it's clean, secure and the value for money is good.

Rooms are very hot and stuffy. Couldn't imagine how bad it'd be without the privacy curtains on each bed. Staff were unhelpful. For a solid budget hostel to sleep in, this is one of your best bets in London. Location awesome too.

Good location, ATM at reception, TV room , wifi free, staff helpfull..

• 5th Sep 2014
  • United Arab Emirates

Hi, thanks for taking the time to provide valuable feedback! As you mentioned, we are situated very close to two major tube stations; one being Bayswater (district & circle line) and the other Queensway (central line). We pride ourselves on our central and convenient locations. We have a free cash withdrawal ATM in our reception and free wifi in our common areas. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in Smart Backpackers

great hostel.. I was sad to find out they are all booked out this week and next week.. forced me to move to different hostel. This hostel is best with location and great facility, good WIFI and clean room, bathroom and bed!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to provide valuable feedback! As you mentioned, we are located in an amazing location, situated very close to two major tube stations; one being Bayswater (district & circle line) and the other Queensway (central line). We pride ourselves on our central locations. We have invested alot of money into our hostels to ensure we provide our valued guests with fresh, clean and hygienic rooms. We are so glad you enjoyed our services and hope to see you again!

When I saw the image, it looks fine. When I am living there, there is a hell. I do not care how many people in one room, but I care 20 people in a small room. So much small room!!!!!!!!! Please do not do this again! We would like to save money, but we do not want to kill ourselves!!!!!!!!!!

Staff not so friendly, only four plugs on a 9 bed room, room lockers only paying (cant use your own padlock) and you also have to pay for the luggage storage. Great location, just 2 minutes from Bayswater tube station, supermarkets, restaurants etc.

It's secure, and very well located, away from the expensive areas, but not so far away. Close to the Hyde Park and Notting Hill. Next to supermarkets, and sooo close to Bayswater underground station. I just thought the beds are limited: I am 176cm high and felt not so comfortable in those beds. And our bathroom had a problem in the light. But I recommend it

Bugs first night. Had to change rooms and then left booking early. Staff was nice. No plugs by beds.

i found everything pretty good for the price that i paid. only thing is STINKY ROOM MATES!!! but ofcourse, the hostel would have no control over that. Friendly staff. I had an overall pretty good stay. Thanks!

• 24th Aug 2014

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We hope we will see you again!

Hostel is in prime location, but the underground rooms are like dungeon, you will not be getting mobile signals properly in the room which is really disturbing.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • India

We spend 1 night in a 16 beds mixed room. Room was small but every bad had an own curtain so personall area was okey, for 1,5 GBP its possible to buy a lockup box in the room. Bathroom was okey, clean and had enough hot water but it was directly next to our room, quite noisy... Breakfast was almost nothing, only bread and jam with milk or tea... Staff were obnoxious, it wouldn't be so difficult to be nicer... For 1 or 2 nights its okey, but for longer I'm sure there are better places!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Hi. Clearly you didn't have a good time, which is unfortunate. Our larger dorms are not for everyone. Can we suggest a smaller dorm next time, the experience will probably be different for you. Thanks for the review.

Some of my food was stolen in my room. A roommate lost his phone. The staff shortchanged me (although just 10 penny)

Hi, These incidents do not happen very often however most of the time guests are sharing with people they do not know and not everyone is as honest as you are. We beg our guests to keep all of their valuables on them or securely locked up at all times!

I booked a 6-bed mixed dorm. Everything in the hostel is tightly packed, there is minimal space for everything. The beds are comfortable, but is hard no to hit some part of your body trying to get inside of one of them. Since it is a kind-of economic hostel, you don't have some features like wi-fi in your room and you have to pay extra to use the lockers.

Thnaks for taking the time to leave some feedback! Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. As you mentioned we have recently upgraded our wi-fi and it is now available in the rooms for just £1 for 1 day OR it is still available FREE in the common rooms :)

Great location, friendly service. The only drawback is the small rooms, but if you are going to London for sightseeing, you should not bother. The breakfasts were tasty, kitchen was available around the clock. I would recommend.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Thank you for your response, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you soon!

At first I was afraid because I had never stayed in a hostel before. But it wasn ´t that bad at all, seriously. It´s true that you need to count with the noise during the night when new people arrive and the accommodation is pretty small but...the location of this hostel is really excellent and that matters the most to me. You´re gonna spend there the nights only so don´t worry too much. Overall, I´m satisfied with my stay :))

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We hope we will see you again :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7