Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

For the most part, I thought the hostel was a fair deal. It was right next to Hyde Park, and very close to the Underground, which was helpful. I'd suggest using that, though, instead of walking- seeing as most of the tourist destinations are around an hour's walk away (that said, if you CAN walk that, you should, at least once. The walk is beautiful). Another hint I wish I'd have known is that the 20 bedrooms are the cheapest for a reason. It was the perfect place to sleep, but that's it.

• 21st Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for your valuable review. Our aim is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in central London. Don't forget to like our Facebook page to receive the latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome anytime!

Nice place, staff great, wifi free in room Very good

• 14th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Hostels experience after your recent stay. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the very latest news, offers and photos. You're welcome anytime!

비위생적이고. 화장실은 복도에 따로있고 샤워실 문은 잠기지도 않았음. 조식은 시리얼과 식빵. 계단뿐이라 무거운 짐은 옮기기 힘들 것 같음. 이돈주고 다른데 가서 자고 싶음. 밤에 방애들 떠듬

Thank you for your feedback and rating especially for the staff. I will be sure to pass on your compliments, especially to Carla who checked you in. for future reference, our reception is open 24/7, please come anytime to inform us whether there are any issues with the toilet/ shower/room being not being up to standard. Our lovely housekeeping team are ready to help. All our showers/toilets have a lock. We have recently updated our breakfast menu. We hope to see you again.

Terrible hostel.. cramped full of thieves including the people that work there... it smells the hot water didn't work and it was massively overpriced I would like to see it shutdown for health and safety reasons.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • AlexAnderson
  • British Virgin Islands

Smart Hyde Park Inn seemed reasonably priced for the location and facilities provided. I was incredibly disappointed with my experience/the price paid at this hostel. The rooms were very unsanitary. When I first walked in, the comforter on my bed was crumpled up at the bottom of the bed...someone had clearly just slept there and no one bothered to even come in to fold the blanket, let alone wash it. The bathrooms were disgusting and my friends and I all took freezing cold showers. Not satisfied.

• 26th Feb 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We have listened to your comments and relayed them to the relevant departments. For future reference, our team are all highly trained to deal with any potential issues that may arise and are available for our valued guests 24/7. Our hostel has recently undergone a major renovations and maintenance programme. We hope if you come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made.

The highest beds were really difficult to use. We also had problems with showers. In some of them we couldn't lock the doors, and we also had a problem with the water supply once. Also, there was not enough mugs, so better bring it with you if you want a hot drink in the evening. But I did really love the hostel stuff ^_^.

Hello and thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologise for the aspects of your stay that fell below your expectations. For future reference, please report any such findings to our Reception desk, who will be happy to assist you in such matters they are available to our guests on a 24/7 basis and are only too happy to help. We hope to see you again soon.

The atmosphere in this place is non existent. More rules need to be in place in the bedrooms to avoid disrupted sleeping due to very rude and arrogant people turning lights on at any hour of the night and having conversations out loud thinking it's a normal thing to do. Bathroom facilities are very bad even by hostel standards.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We apologise for your noisy roommates, due to the hostel being a shared environment it is up to guests to be mindful and respectful of other guests. Our night staff try to ensure all patrons receive a good nights rest during their stay. Our wonderful cleaning staff work diligently all day and night to ensure the hostel is kept clean and hygenic! We continuously review our performance to improve our standards of service.

Brilliant as usual.The staff are always friendly and extremely accomodating from the manager right down to the other staff members.The rooms are clean so are the hallways,kitchen,eating area and the t.v room.A most for travellers visiting London to stay.

The French lady receptionist was so rude, always tutting and very unhelpful giving a very bad vibe to the place from the start. The rest of the staff were really nice. The label holder where you put your label so that other people don't get your bed was a bit broken. This resulted in the cleaner taking out my bedsheets that I had just put in, all my stuff being left by the reception desk unattended and someone else taking my space. I then had to re-make my bed to a different place & no apology.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Cyprus

There's a lot of people living there who think that the hostel belongs to them, it doesn't have a traveler atmosphere.

The location was pretty good and staff was very friendly and it was quite good value for money, Of course there are some things could have been better but regarding on prices and value it was quite good.

• 16th Feb 2015

Nice and helpful staff, the room and the bathroom were cleaned.

• 9th Feb 2015

Clean showers rooms and hallwayhallway.Very friendly and helpfull staff who carry out there job in a profesional manner.

The worst hostel ever! I booked 2 nights but I only stay ther for one night.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have cancelled your booking and left early. As our friendly team offer would have offered you a free upgrade to a smaller room than the 20 bed you had booked in. However, you seem you have had another plan. We hope to see you next time for better experience.

I stayed in the 10 bed mixed dorm, lockers under beds for an extra cost were handy. Rooms were clean and each room had a small sink. Bathrooms were tiny. There was no hot water both nights I was there so we were sent up the road to their other hostel for showers. Breakfast is basic but it's free and there's always plenty.

Hello and thank you for your feedback, we apologise there were aspects of your stay that fell below your expectations. This was due to a fault with our hot water during your stay. We tried to compensate for this issue, by offering guests the use of hot water from our hostels nearby. Whilst this was not the ideal solution, it was the most appropriate under the circumstances and we wholeheartedly apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again!

As usual the rooms,toilets,showers and hallway was very clean.So was the kitchen and the t.v room.Most important of all was the staff who are always very polite,helpful as well as professional.Always a pleasure to stay here.

In 4 days i have never seen hot water.. the rest was ok..

• 4th Feb 2015

Unfortunately, me and my friend stayed at a roomb where it wasn't possible to lock the door. In addition to that, during our whole stay, there was no warm water available in the shower

• 3rd Feb 2015

I do not reccomend this hostel, especially if you are a young traveller. The atmosphere is awful, there were many old men living in that hostel. The water boiling system broke during my stay and there was no hot water or heating at all. I left and it was still not working. Most of the showers had no lock and the closest bathroom to my room had wood pannel instead of a proper glass window, so it was like peeing and brushing your teeth outdoors.

had a good stay will be back

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Hello and thank you for rating the the hostel so high. Please like our Facebook page, to receive the very latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5