Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Great location and the price was decent, and for the price the rooms were fine as well, but nothing was clean and most of the bathroom doors didnt lock or close well.

The wifi was very slow.

Rooms not well ventilated. Strong smells of body spray and cleaning products. Rooms got hot and stuffy at night.

• 21st May 2015

The worst hostel we've ever seen over the world. Showers, dorms, evertything is filhty. The staff isn't even friendly. AVOID !!

• 16th May 2015

Very dirty

I THOUGHT THERE WAS A LOT OF NOISE COMING FROM DOWN STAIRS IN THE GAMES ROOM, IF YOU ARE TRYING TO SLEEP THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR VISITORS. THIS WENT ON IN TO THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING. I HAD TO BE UP AT 0500AM AND DID NOT GET THE SLEEP I WAS EXPECTING.I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A CUT OF TIME FOR THESE GAMES AND FOR PEOPLE COMING AND GOING.

• 14th May 2015

Very polite and helpful staff, just the rooms are really small, but for the price and location you can't ask too much!

The Smart Hyde Inn was in a great location. Subway, Tesco and Mcdonalds are nearby. We stayed in a 20 bed mixed dorm, the good thing was the bed had curtains to cover. However, they only had 2 working outlets for 20 people. Also, they charged extra for lockers and for printing. Other than the location, everything else was below average.

The staff- the Spanish and French girls- were very unfriendly, arrogant and bullies. Don't understand why people want to spoil holidays with no reason of a paying host. Kitchen facilities should have been more and the kitchen cleaner. I saw a cockroach there, although I saw people cleaning. Same thing for the toilets. The bedroom was large enough, with a lot of light and the bed confortable (although it was a three bed bunk bed). you need to pay for the lockers.

Nice staff and people, clean hostel. Free Wi-fi well repaired, working in the common spaces. Some inconveniences 3G / phone calls you can not receive surely everywhere, only close to the street, otherwise recommended.

• 7th May 2015
  • Hungary

I enjoyed my stay at smart Hyde Park, I would like to tell them thank you very much for their efforts and I would thank specially the Arabic speaking stuff of the reception for their help. Thank you Zakarya from Germany

• 7th May 2015

The staff men were really kind with us. But, unfortunately the staff women were really rude. The Hostel is very warm and familiarity, we intend come back, and we recomend for all people that going to London. Thanks very much Mesaed and Bader (Staff men)

Hostel rooms were good. Staff wasnt very helpful.. they couldnt even tell me where a supermarket was! Showers were not great, you have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the water running.

I got my money worth.

First of all, the lockers are an additional charge so be prepared to pay or carry your passport and valuables with you. Beware the 20 bed dorms. I never knew it was possible to fit so many people into a such a confined space! It is very cheap by London standards, but I found it super-uncomfortable. The Luggage room is 2£, first time I've ever been asked to pay for a luggage room. There is a surcharge for paying with debit card. Even so, the staff were friendly and let me check in at 11am.

The structure was as showed in the photos. The bedroom was quite wide and ventilated (considering we stay in a 10 bed mixed dorm). The number power outlets (4) was manageable making arrangements with the other guests of the room. Abut negative aspects: the common bathroom was quite dirty and only 2 on 3 wc were well-functioning, moreover the wc’s access door were broken. Finally, the presence of only one sink was very limiting.

I can only comment on the room I slept in. It was a large dormitory of 20 beds, and it cost me 11 pounds. If you're only looking for a cheap BED in central London, this is an excellent deal. But that's what it is: a bed. The room is mostly made up of beds, in columns of 3 beds, dovetailing each other. Each bed has blinds that you can shut for privacy. It all looks like drawers in a cupboard. But assuming this is all you need, it is well maintained, showers and toilets were in good condition.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Israel

I only stayed one night at the Hyde Park Inn, but I was really surprised about the cleanliness of the room and the kindness of the very helpful staff. The beds were confortable and you had some privacy thanks to curtains in front of the bed. You can't lock the shower, which was a bit uncomfortable as you share them with men. However, I felt good at the Hyde Park Inn, the location was excellent and the neighbourhood is great to explore London and to meet people.

Would never stay here again. Lockers didn't work had to go to reception more than 5 times as the card wouldn't open the locker & would become inactivated. Not a good vibe for young people/ hostel rooms are filled with old people and young people- rooms are small & crowded/ no ventilation & you get fresh sheets but the doona you get smells like body odour or something worse. A lot of kids on school tour which makes it crowded & noisy as they block doorways & common rooms.

Don't think I'll be staying here again which is a shame as the location, building and staff are some of the best. Unfortunately, there are no beds only five-sided boxes, stacked floor to ceiling covering all the wallspace, which means climbing a ladder to the top to squeeze into a confined space in a crowded, airless room. no sleep for me. Breakfast is eaten standing up as it's in a small, overcrowded room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6