Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

staff attitude is poor quality. treated us very bad when we check out. they are nice when check in. is totally changed after we move out from that day. i wont stay at this hostel anymore.

Hi Thank you for your feedback, its important for us and it will definitely help us to improve our check out process as it seems the time you checked out was busy and everybody wants to be served 1st . We hope to see you again, you might be surprised for good. Smart Hyde Park Inn

The beds are good, but you have to pay for everything, like lockers, internet,... The WiFi is very bad, doesn´t work at the rooms... But is a good hostel, anyway.

No free lockers to keep bags in the room

Thank you for review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travellers at very good location, the prices we offer do not include lockers charges as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need. Smart Hyde Park Inn

There are not enough plugs to charge your devices

Thank you for your review and rating the hostel so high, We do have between 2 to 6 sockets in each room and more than 20 in the common area. If all these are in used, then you could come to the reception to charge it for you with pleasure. Smart Hyde Park Inn

Maybe not the best hostel I have ever stayed, but it was decent, especially when you pay such a low price and have the breakfast included. Good choice for 1 or 2 nights.

I had to walk through a bathroom to get to my room, which was not exactly a negative but definitely bizzare. While fhe common areas were fairly clean, my room was cramped, hot and smelly. There was also very little space for luggage.

The showers are better downstairs

I FELT THAT SOME STAFF IS NOT TREATING PEOPLE PROPERLY. SPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH WOMEN. POLITENESS SHOULD BE COMPULSORY WHEN PROVIDING A SERVICE.

We are terribly sorry you got this impression. We always try our best to give our guests the best service possible. Hopefully you will change your mind after you stay with us again.

Dorms are cold and in a bad condition. There's no heat in the dorms as I got to know. It's bit crowded in the hostel.

Great location, close to the center and not so crowded. Stuff very helpfull, tube station just aroud the corner.

Excellent location, a minute away from the tube station, only 4 tube stops to oxford circus. Clean hostel, rooms are very very basic. I was on the top floor (4 flights of stairs, no lift!) Shower is a press button for power which was a bit inconvenient. Value for money though, location is the best thing about this place.

• 28th Nov 2013

This was my first time staying is a hostel so I wasn't sure what to expect. The staff seemed friendly enough & were helpful when I asked, although I thought it was odd to ask for my card key to borrow a fork. What irked me the most was the group partying until 3am both nights, & a very large group checking into my room at 1am one night. Seriously 1 am? People are sleeping or trying to! I did like the curtain on the bed, & the only cleanliness issue was the mold in the shower. Not a bad place

Thank you very much for the good words and your comments. We are sorry for the late check in and partying people but we have no influence on the flights/buses schedules of our guests and we cannot refuse to check in our guests just because they arrive late. About the partying group: we are really sorry. We did our best to keep them quiet. Hope you'll stay with us again. HPI Staff

The atmosphere was a bit filthy, the eating area could be decorated a bit more nicely and ist annoying that you have to go to the reception whenever you need cutlery. The Location of the hostel is perfect and I felt totally save, the houses in the street look very nice, it would be even nicer if the hostel would be a bit redecorated inside .(and the duvets should be washed more often, I had a very stinky one).

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Austria

Good location, good price, short bed, small kitchen, not enough place to sit at the breakfast

Accomodation in London is expensive but, for such a high price, a private room could offer a little more. Here is what I didn't like: - The sound of the tap/water pumping from the other rooms during all night; - There were no free towels, I guess it is written somewhere, but it is the first time I find a hostel which doesn't offer free towels for private rooms; - Smelly bathroom; - Breakfast was only toast bread w/ jam and butter. Long queue and not a lot of place/atmosphere; - No free lockers!

The hostel is good, but this is expensive in comparation with other hostels in oder cities.

I hated stay in the hostel. This is the worse hostel than I've stayed. The bathroom are terrible, the badroom are very dirt.

Grazie per il suggerimento. Proviamo il nostro meglio per trattare tutti i commenti individualmente per capire il problema e risolverlo tempestivamente. HPI Staff

There aren't enough electric contacts, neither utensils for cooking, the WiFi very bad and the staff could give a balance if my payments. What's happening? Marcelo Cruz

Generally it was good stay. In shared rooms some visitors don't respect the others. It was clean

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Greece

I stayed there for a week and it was very good for sleeping. Not that good for spending time in, slow internet and very few electric plug. So sleep here and spend the day in the city :)