Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The hostel was OK, the staff was nice and helpful, we stayed in 15-bed room and it was really tiny with no space for luggage at all, however, the prize is really low and it's ok if you only need a place where to stay over night. The hygiene was terrible though, showers and toilets were dirty all the time.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

I know it's a low budget hostel but the room was awful. I felt like I was in a submarine with people crammed in together in a small room with only one window, hardly any room to move, you had to pay extra for the storage, staff was ok. It was full of weird characters hanging out in the common room. The location is superb though. We only stayed there one night and I'm pretty sure we won't be coming back.

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. We always do our best for our guests to feel welcomed and enjoy their stays.

It was great staying there. The only complain was breackfast time when ladies where almost taking off your plates at 9'30 even if we had cereal or food on it!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Hi thank you for your feedback and sorry for this inconvenience, we'll look into it. Hope to see you again someday!

i'm very impressed stayed their a few times now

Thanks so much!

Nice Hostel with a lot of international people. The Position is really close to Hyde Park and the Underground. Breakfast is free but could be better ( maybe croissant or coockies). Generally, I spend a nice days in this Hostel.

Thank you very much for the good words! Please follow our offers on Facebook and Twitter :)

The Location was the best thing of the hostel, because it's close to 2 subway station which is for me the best way of moving around London. The riooms were just ok, and the price is good considering London a very expensive city. I also missed the typical hostel atmosphere. There was a really small social area, that was really overcrowded, because it was the only area with wifi available, there were 3 computers available but you had to pay for using them, 1 pound/hour, crazy!

Thank you for your review. We take the guest feedback very seriously and we will take your comments under consideration. As per the Internet problem we are putting together new system where the Internet will still be free in the common areas and in the rooms it will cost £1 per 24h.

I lived in a 9-bed room. I Think it was Clean and fresh. The room was very smal though, and you had to pay extra to get access to the storage box underneath the bed. Location is great! Very Close to hyde park and tube station. The atmousfear was not so good. It was hard to get in Contact with new people because the common area were very small. The staff was ok. Not mean but neither friendly and funny.

Thank you for the good words we will consider your feedback to make positive changes in our service.

Average hostel for the price. Helpfull staff though. The place seemed overcrowded sometimes due to the lack of space on rooms.. wifi was only present on base floor. Cleanliness could be better in rooms.

Thank you for the feedback and positive words. We will be installing new Wi-Fi solution and it will be available in all the rooms for only £1 per 24h.

This is not the first time that I stayed in hostel in London, therefore I had an idea about what should I expect. The common/share area was really small, the internet was available only in the common, the showers has not temperature regulator and there was not enough room outside the showers, most the time the toilets were clean but a few times I found them not hygienic enough (such some urine around and also blood). The luggage room is not free (2 pounds/ bag) and clean ladies are very rude.

The hostel has a great location, a short walk from the metro station, and the staff is nice. As I stayed only one night, it was ok for the cheap price. However, the room is very small, there was no space for my bag or even for people to walk inside it; the bathrooms were all wet and dirty and the showers are pretty tight without any place to hang my clothes. The breakfast is very basic and it is served in a very tiny room.

The hostel was generally untidy, the rooms were tiny and not clean as well. Showers and toilets not seperated by gender and no locks on the doors to the showers. No wifi in the rooms but only in the common rooms. It said on a note in the (a private) room that the room wasn't safe and one should rent their locker for 1,5 pound a day. Furthermore, it is really loud and noisy, you can hear everything when you sleep which results in no sleep. On the positive side, the location was good.

Hi, We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We take our guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping staff does their best though they are not able to clean up after every guest, also, the hostel is safe though the guests are advised to keep their valuables in the lockers. Hope to see you again someday! SHPI Team

I liked all days where I've spent there. Near of metro station, clean place, good service. I'll be there next year propably!!! The best hostel that I've been....awesome!

• 17th Jan 2014

It's a great place to stay for a weekend trip ! Metro line is next to the hostel so there's no problems to get in any place of London. You can also get to the main tourist attractions walking through Hyde Park.. Staff was really nice and helpfull. The only minus is the kitchen, you have to ask in reception for any facility because kitchen is empty.

Hi, It is great to hear you ejnoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate the great location we have! All the cutlery is available to our guests at the reception desk. Hope to see you again. SHPI Team

An hostel in London with a kitchen is always a bonus. Curtained beds are great. Wifi worked in the room. Breakfast was simple but more than adequate. Although plastic mugs and bowls are a bit ordinary but understand the reasoning.

Hi, Thanks very much for a good review! Hope to see back one day! SHPI Team

First of all the reservation was not valid for the day that we wanted/bought at the site and they do us leave the hostel and stay all night long "in the street" at the New Years Eve. The staff was very no sense with us. The rooms are very tight, doesn't have space for the bags. The wifi don't work at the whole hostel, only in the reception.

• 1st Jan 2014

We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. You have made a reservation arriving on the 1st of January, New Year's Eve is always very busy so we were not able to accommodate you when you arrived one day too early. Hopefully you will visit us again. HPI Staff

최악 최악 정말 너무 최악.... 태어나서 3층 침대 처음 봤음.

Small changes will make big improvements: It would be useful if staff knew which tranpsort lines to take to where (eg. city center) The couch cover needs to be washed once in a while. Space is limited: breakfast hall was full no matter what time we went; early, later, full. Although there are a few things that can be improved we were happy to stay with u :)

• 30th Dec 2013

At least the room we stayed in had absolutely no space to place our suitcases or even shoes, you couldn't use under the bed (which was paid, by the way) because everybody left their belongings there. The toilets were dirty almost all the time, but it has a magnificent location, so if you don't care about organization and will be outside all the time it is ok.

The staff was very kindly, they treated us very nice. We were a 18 people group, so it was a completely chaos with our booking, but they solved it. The Hostel is nice, the beds were confortables. The common area was little but nice. The breakfast and the kitchen area were very useful for our budget. I reccomend this hostel.

This was definitely not worth the price. Rooms and bathrooms were filthy; I felt physically dirty after being there. Common areas always overcrowded. Breakfast for the whole hostel was set up on two tiny tables, so it took a ridiculously long time to get a tiny cup of cereal and a piece of semi-toasted bread. Showers were the worst I have ever seen in a hostel. Extra charges for everything, including two euros per bag to leave your luggage in a disgustingly filthy closet.