Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Defenetly best hostel I stayed in London yet, staff is kind, it is quite clean, super location, and international atmosphere there is awesome, Ive made so many friends tehere! :) Regards

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • Croatia

Was nice stay in. But still can improve. Prices s bit high for the kinda of hostel it is. Was not the worst ones i been. I like been there. I will come back if i need.

This hostel is the worst and most dodgy hostel I've ever seen. Security is extremely bad and the staff are very rude too.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Hong Kong

We are really sorry to read your comment. We are doing our best to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible and also the security was never an issue for any of our guests. We will look into that closely. HPI Staff

The location is great, in front of the Bayswater metro station. It is cheap for being in London. However, rooms are small, not even a small chair or shelf to lean something, that's unconfortable! There is no elevator, be ready to carry your luggage up to steep stairs. A poor breakfast is served in a restaurant close by. You have to pay extra for towel and locker. Toilets and showers are very small. I found it pretty clean. Suitable budget choice to visit the city, but do not expect any comfort.

We try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travellers at very good location, the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need.We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. HPI Staff

I booked a 16-bed dorm for my group. When we arrived at the hostel we were placed in a 20-bed dorm with four other people. This destroyed our visit because we wanted to only live with each other. The staff wasn't that helpful or apologetic about it which was a disappointment.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

Thank you for your review. Again, we are really sorry for this situation and we can understand your disappointment. HPI Staff

The bathroom lock didnt work. Someone open my door when i was taking shower

Not great. I guess you get what you pay for. They ask for a £10 key deposit which I don't remember reading about. It seemed like there were a lot of older people staying at the hostel, many from Eastern Europe. Not a great backpackers atmosphere. The location is great though right near Kensington. Very posh area.

Thank you for your feedback. The deposit of the key card is mentioned in 'Things to note' section of the page. We welcome all kinds of travellers no matter the age or origin. HPI Staff

No elevator and i was put on the 4th floor. i asked for help with my suitcase as i'd recently had surgery and wasnt to lift more than 5kilos. the guy at the desk said i could ask one of the guests to help me but he couldnt/wouldnt nor would he find anyone to help me. the women's dorm was crowded; bathroom-shower combo in the room was very small. the front doors were always wide open and anyone could come in and seize an opportunity to go thru the security door when someone else opened it.

Thank you for your feedback. Security was never an issue but we take all our guests comments very seriously and we will look into it. Our staff members are extremely busy and it is possible that the receptionist didn't find the time to go with you to your room as he was attending other guests requests. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. HPI Staff

I was surprised to find triple decker bunk beds and only top level beds were available when I arrived. This should be made known in the website info, some guests would have trouble with this. Also to make clear about the £1.50 charge for the locker, which is well worth it. Some guests went to sleep leaving their smartphones on charge, a risk I wouldn't take. The price was really good.

All crews respond prompt to all our request in high spirit cheers Ade

• 17th Sep 2013

This hostel is all you would expect. The beds were small, but comfortable. The rooms were crowded. At night, there was always a group of people talking loudly outside the window, but I brought ear plugs, so it wasn't a huge deal. The windows were frosted, so no one could see in, but no curtains. The beds had curtains, so the privacy while changing and sleeping was good. The shower and bathroom light are both on timers, so you spend the whole shower turning either the shower or light back on.

The only negative I could say about the place was the showers and the timer on the hot water. Not enough time to get wet and with the floor one level items of clothing got wet. Bunk bed ok slept well. For £10 a night excellent better than the Astor. Will go back again.

• 16th Sep 2013

Overcrowding, lack of hygiene, Breakfast very poor, toasts, margarine, marmelade, cofee in plastic glasses and plastic plates from Ikea, wet and not very clean. Dark place where to have breakfast, staff very inpolite and rude, they treat peple like cattle. 15 people in a 15 m2 room, overcrowded, dirtiness behaind the beds, underneath lockers.... Nobody cleaned there for years.. Everyday cleaning was just a wet mope without any care. The cleaning staff was rude but only Ukraine woman. Horrible!

• 14th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully. Our cleaning staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular check every one hour during these times to maintain good cleaning quality. However, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. HPI Staff

although the prices look really attractive, the hostel is so bad that still is not worthing going there. there is no locker, you have to pay 1,50 per day. Besides that, the wifi connection are really bad and the social areas are small and overcrowded. Most of the days we stayed longer than we wanted on the streets only not to come back to the hostel. The only positive point its worth mentioning is the location.

Thank you for review. We try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travellers at very good location, the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need. HPI Staff

The staff was nice and cleanliness was okay. A point in favour of the hostel is its good location. However, the building needs overall refurbishment inside and therefore the atmosphere is not nice. Not enough toilets and some too small. Some hooks for clothes were lacking in the double room I stayed. I would not return there for to spending a weekend in a double twin room.

Staff were quite inconsiderate upon my surprise at the holding deposit - I don't believe that this was listed on this website although they claimed otherwise. I've no time to check, but it was hardly 'good customer service'. Otherwise, perfectly adequate for the price, and I've no complaint other than the fact that instead of providing breakfast, you have to go to a nearby café - although you are offered a discount. Great location - if you're leaving early (before 8), walk through the parks!!

Thank you for your review. The holding deposit is mentioned on our page under 'Things to note' section, on our website and booking confirmation. It is a requirement just like an ID when you check in. Also the continental breakfast is free, guest can pay extra to upgrade it to a full English breakfast. HPI Staff

HI...only location is good. Showers are in poor condition...you may not .get hot showers when needed. You may have to climbup 3-4 floors with your luggage and toilets are not placed at all the floors. You may have to climbup or climbdown 1-2 floors to use toilets. Cleanliness is not upto the mark. Kitchen is lacking sufficent utencils.. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL TO ANYBODY.

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. We take guests feedback so seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping/ cleaning staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular check every one hour during these times to maintain good cleaning quality. However, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. HPI Staff

Nice hostel, the only problem was going up the stairs to the 4th floor.

• 11th Sep 2013

Very good location and quite a nice atmosphere. Nice and friendly staff and comfortable room. The only downside is that the hostel has pretty steep stairs so if you have a big luggage and end up having a room on a top floor it's quite an inconvenience, but other than that it's quite a accomodation.

The showers were worthless. One of them had such a bad beam that you had to stand against the wall to be able to shower. The other one didnt have a light for the whole trip, so you had to shower in the dark. Also for a 20 bed dorm everyone should be able to sharge the phone, however only two were able to do it.

• 9th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay fully. All the faults in the rooms are fixed as soon as our staff gets to know about it. SRS Staff