Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

had a good stay will be back

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Hello and thank you for rating the the hostel so high. Please like our Facebook page, to receive the very latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

My room was very clean the hostel in general is clean.The staff where very hospitable as usual.In general a nice place to stay.

Hello and many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Please like our page on Facebook to receive the very latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome back any time!

The room looked like a prison, the shower room was very small and just have one, the water was cold, tha bathroom wasn't clean, do not have wifi in rooms.

Thank you for your review. We have big and small rooms, we could offer you another room to suit your needs. We have 23 showers around the hostel you are free to use any of them, or you can upgrade to our en-suite room. We could accommodate more than 320 guests, in some periods (peak time). The hot water will be warm due to high demand. Our boiler was replaced with a very good one to ensure hot water is available 24 hours. Free WiFi is available in our common area. There is wifi for a small fee

I would not recommend this hostel, you have to pay for lockers, there's no wifi in the room (if you want, you have to pay), the bed is really small if you have more than 1,80m of height, there's only 2 plugs on each room - which is very bad for a hostel for backpackers, the shower is really bad (little water, not good temperature and no space to hang clothes).

We charge a maintenance fee for our lockers which are operated using a computerised key card system, to simplify the number of keys. Free WI-FI is available in all our common rooms; Wi-Fi is £1 for 24 hours to prevent non-urgent use. We are implementing a robust, secure WI-FI network to resolve any issues. We use standard UK sizes for our beds (80cm x 190cm). The number of sockets in our rooms depends on the number of beds. However, all our new beds are equipped with built-in power sockets.

A friendly and professional staff from the manager right through to the other members of staff.A clean and orderly environment.Always a pleasure to stay here.

There was definetely someone in the room while we were gone, as they left the window of our ground floor room wide open (so everyone could have just climbed in), but the floor looked as if it hadn't been hoovered for weeks, and the flushing button of our toilet was taken out without any explanation while we were away, so we had to use the toilet in the hall despite having booked an ensuite room. There was too little space in the breakfast room for the amount of people. Located great, though!

I recommend this hostel as a cheap accommodation option.We loved its location and the bathrooms were very clean.But here was rarely hot water at the showers and the rooms were too small. We were in the room with the most people(20-something)and I don't think the window ever opened- you can imaging the smell... Also it's awful that you have to pay for lockers-except the greediness for money, obviously nobody pays and the room is full of luggage. It would be cleaner if we could use the lockers.

Unlike last time, this time I enjoyed my stay. I got a room on the ground floor, which is wondeful because I am tired of carrying my luggage up and down the stairs. The staff were well-behaved. The place was clean, as usual. There were some cultlery in the kitchen this time, which was a wise thing to do. However, still the loud volume of TV is a problem. And the rooms are crammed with all the luguage. I wish they designsted a room for free luguage storage instead of keeping luggsge in the room.

This hostel and the people in it are pretty cool! It is good value for money and the staff are lovely! (; Bader is absolutely wonderful and accommodating! There is free wifi and baggage and always good conversation.

Very friendly staff fom the manager right down to the other staff.

All the staff here were absolutely lovely; that's reception and cleaning staff. They're all really helpful and understanding and quite receptive and quick to help out.

Hi and thank you for your review and rating the hostel so high. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest offers, news and photos. You are welcome anytime!

It is a very crowded place. Very small shower rooms that were always with wet floor. There is almost no space to leave your luggage and the lockers are paid. The common room is very crowded and don't have free adaptors to EEUU plugs (you must buy them for 5pounds). The kitchen is like a Warfield (1pound each kitchen utensil rrental). The fridge has a sign saying that if your things got stolen, it is your problem. I strongly disrecommend this place.

Very good place to stay. Clean and not smelly :) If i come back to London I will come here again :)

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

An accommodating place to stay as usual with a vibrant atmosphere coupled with a helpful and friendly staff.

Hi and thank you for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Pleas like our Facebook page to receive the very latest news, photos and offers. We hope to see you again soon!

Stayed in a dorm with 15 people and what bothered me the most is that there was no windows in the room...which can be pretty annoying if it's a full room+everyone is drying their towels inside the room. The staff is very friendy but it's weird that I can speak better in english than them...the location is good, one block away from the metro station (which you have to use cuz the hostel is located quite far from the center)..the breakfast is ok.and the hostel is very cheap!

Hi and thanks for your feedback. Our hostels are located within beautiful listed architectural buildings. The modifications we are able to make are limited. We find our diverse range of staff can lead to some interesting conversations. We regret there were aspects of your stay you didn't enjoy, we constantly review our performance to optimize our standards of service. We hope if you come back you will notice the improvements we have made.

A lot better than I thought it would be. I had read some bad reviews but decided to go anyway. Great price and they upgraded me from a 20 to a 12 bed dorm for free. Super close to the grocery store and tube station. Free wifi in the common areas. Small but nice kitchen. Breakfast is limited but decent. Staff was very nice and helpful. Would go again.

Hi thank you for your review and rating the hostel so high. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest photos, news and offers. You are welcome anytime!

Our room felt like it was an old storage unit transformed into a 16 bedroom dorm. The room was dirty, bathrooms smelt

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have different types of domitories to suit different types of travellers dependent on their budget. Our housekeeping staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular checks every hour durng these times of the shared toilets and facilities to maintain good cleaning quality. In addition to this, any cleaning issues reported to receptionists by guests will be dealt with promptly.

With this hostel, you get what you pay for. The location, beds, and common areas are excellent but the hallways, bathrooms, and rooms are very small. This hostel is basically a maze of doors, but it was fun to explore! The kitchen and other basement areas were always full of people cooking, eating, and willing to talk. Met a lot of cool people! If you're looking for a longer stay, I'd choose somewhere else, but for a night or two this is an excellent hostel!

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Backpacker experience after your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very clean place, the only down side is they have a very modern but small Kitchen, only 4 stove hob for a hostel over 500 ppl. I find that very inconvenient and a bit not user friendly. Also you need to pay for storing your stuff in your own room, which I think that's a bit too money greedy. Beside that everything is good and Defo good for an overnight stay as it is very cheap and in a good spot

Hi and thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. The rates we offer does not include certain extras as the majority of our guests won't choose to use them and in this way they are not being charged for a service they won't use. Thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

The hostel has two main problems, for me: 1- not having plug sockets near the beds in the rooms, so you have either to spend time in the hostel to charge your phone/other gadgets or leave your phone/gadget charging in one of the few sockets in the room during the night, far from you; and 2- having keycard-only lockers for which you have to pay daily, so even if you have a padlock you can't use it.