Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Great Location. There's a local Sainsbury's and Tesco across the street with all sorts of other supermarkets.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

It's ok. You get what you pay for. Lockers and keycards messed up at least once a day. I would still recommend it.

I stayed in a 15 beds rooms, wich is too many beds considering the space of the room. It was a chaos. Impossible to move with 15 people going around and all the luggages of 15 people. If you have a 15 beds room, the room MUST be big enough for that amount of people. Same thing with bathrooms. Extremely small. When you sit on the toilet you literally CANNOT move and your legs are stick to the trashcan. Disgusting. The kitchen was very crowed at breakfast time, little space, again.

My room was on the 4th floor and there was no lift in the hostel. The staircases were so narrow; it could only fit one person. It was a struggle to carry my luggage up to my room and down when i checked out. The light in the toilet was auto however, it would go off quite frequently while showering. The beds were quite small. Not a very good stay for me.

There were very few restrooms and one of the female bathrooms was closed for my entire stay. There is no point in having lockers in the rooms if you have to pay for them and they are not safe. There should also be quiet hours at a certain point because people were running around at 3am while others were trying to sleep. The free breakfast was toast and coffee so some food was nice but it was extremely crowded for the amount of people staying there.

Awful experience. We had our booking for 3 nights but they only had us booked for one even though we had our confirmation from HostelWorld. We had to move rooms 3 times because they were fully booked. Each day we had to wait for people to check out at 10am to move all out stuff. Terrible inconvenience. We couldn't leave and start our activities early as we had planned. Will not be staying here again. No problems at our other places we stayed which were NOT booked through HostelWorld

• 12th Jun 2015

Toilets were clean, disappointing that the shower has a timer, very frustrating to keep turning the shower on every time the timer goes off. Good breakfast and manager was very helpful with suggestions about places in London to visit. The rooms were a bit hot and stuffy. Security was very good, the staff wouldn't let anyone who was not staying at the hostel into the rooms. Well done there!

I like wifi free in rooms and Clean place reception helpful

• 12th Jun 2015
  • United Arab Emirates

Shower power was weak... the noise in the morning was excessive (work on-going), location great, security was great, staff knowledgable helpful

Didn't find the staff very inviting, most of the people who stayed at the hostel were older people looking or waiting fir work, so from a young solo travellers perspective so it wasn't the best place to meet people. Location was great, I stayed in a dorm with 20 beds and it was full all of the time, all I can say us that more windows or vents needed to be put in place, because it got very stuffy in the room and it was full if really bad body odour. Also we only had one shower to share among 20 í ½

• 11th Jun 2015

It's good and cheap but rundown

• 11th Jun 2015

The whole staff right from the manager to the reception staff are always very professional in executing their duties.Having said that they are also extremely hospitable and friendly.The hostel is kept clean at all times right from the dormitories to the kitchen as well as the t.v room and corridors.It is always a good feeling when one stays in a clean and friendly environment.

Clean, free wifi on room and friendly staff also good price and 2 mint from hyde park

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Spain

A lot of features were present but not in a optimal condition. In the room, the door the sleeping quarter didn't close well. In the room that holds 20 people had only 4 poweroutlets of which 3 were working. The common room was specious enough, but it lacks atmosphere. They were under construction, so it might get better soon. If you're going to London to spend a lot of time outside the hostel it's sufficient enough and a relative cheap option.

I stayed at Smart Hyde Park Hostel for two nights, before getting a couchsurfing host. I must say that the room is quite cramped, so much so that I couldn't turn around with my backpack on when I walked into the room. 12 beds in a London-sized bedroom, but that's what you expect in London, so I can't complain. The only thing I can say is that the bathroom wasn't that clean, but I think I've always been lucky in the past with picking hostels with very clean facilities. Everything else was fine.

I booked this because it was the cheapest I could get for 1 night in London. The staff were terrible. I had to basically figure out everything on my own as they did little to help with information on how to get to the airport when traffic diversions were in place and delays announced. I ended up not sleeping there but I doubt I could have anyway as it was so stuffy with very little air con for a 20 bed dorm. You shouldn't pay over £10 for this place. Much nicer hostel across the road.

I got what paid for....

• 7th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay here. Some of the 20 bed dorms rooms are a bit cramped though. I also encountered some issues with the door to our room. It would not close all the way, and many times residents wouldn't close it all the way after leaving so I could come back to an open door. I would think it wise of the staff up front to advice guests of this, as it made me often feel like my things were unsafe.

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll be able to join us again. Your issues with the door will be investigated and improvements made, remember our reception is always open to hear your concerns and help with the situation. Thank you again for your review and for staying with Smart Hostels

Good hostel especially for the price. The beds are very small and all stacked together 3 high with a room with quite a few people in it and 1 shower... Depending on who your roommates are can be rough or fantastic. Location was absolutely incredible right next to Hyde park. Buckingham Palace is a long walk but it's possible if your a fairly athletic person

Oh the long flight of stairs to the 4th Floor; wish there was a lift but at the same time it's good to keep fit!

• 6th Jun 2015