Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

This is not the first time that I stayed in hostel in London, therefore I had an idea about what should I expect. The common/share area was really small, the internet was available only in the common, the showers has not temperature regulator and there was not enough room outside the showers, most the time the toilets were clean but a few times I found them not hygienic enough (such some urine around and also blood). The luggage room is not free (2 pounds/ bag) and clean ladies are very rude.

The hostel has a great location, a short walk from the metro station, and the staff is nice. As I stayed only one night, it was ok for the cheap price. However, the room is very small, there was no space for my bag or even for people to walk inside it; the bathrooms were all wet and dirty and the showers are pretty tight without any place to hang my clothes. The breakfast is very basic and it is served in a very tiny room.

The hostel was generally untidy, the rooms were tiny and not clean as well. Showers and toilets not seperated by gender and no locks on the doors to the showers. No wifi in the rooms but only in the common rooms. It said on a note in the (a private) room that the room wasn't safe and one should rent their locker for 1,5 pound a day. Furthermore, it is really loud and noisy, you can hear everything when you sleep which results in no sleep. On the positive side, the location was good.

Hi, We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We take our guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping staff does their best though they are not able to clean up after every guest, also, the hostel is safe though the guests are advised to keep their valuables in the lockers. Hope to see you again someday! SHPI Team

I liked all days where I've spent there. Near of metro station, clean place, good service. I'll be there next year propably!!! The best hostel that I've been....awesome!

• 17th Jan 2014

It's a great place to stay for a weekend trip ! Metro line is next to the hostel so there's no problems to get in any place of London. You can also get to the main tourist attractions walking through Hyde Park.. Staff was really nice and helpfull. The only minus is the kitchen, you have to ask in reception for any facility because kitchen is empty.

Hi, It is great to hear you ejnoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate the great location we have! All the cutlery is available to our guests at the reception desk. Hope to see you again. SHPI Team

An hostel in London with a kitchen is always a bonus. Curtained beds are great. Wifi worked in the room. Breakfast was simple but more than adequate. Although plastic mugs and bowls are a bit ordinary but understand the reasoning.

Hi, Thanks very much for a good review! Hope to see back one day! SHPI Team

First of all the reservation was not valid for the day that we wanted/bought at the site and they do us leave the hostel and stay all night long "in the street" at the New Years Eve. The staff was very no sense with us. The rooms are very tight, doesn't have space for the bags. The wifi don't work at the whole hostel, only in the reception.

• 1st Jan 2014

We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. You have made a reservation arriving on the 1st of January, New Year's Eve is always very busy so we were not able to accommodate you when you arrived one day too early. Hopefully you will visit us again. HPI Staff

최악 최악 정말 너무 최악.... 태어나서 3층 침대 처음 봤음.

Small changes will make big improvements: It would be useful if staff knew which tranpsort lines to take to where (eg. city center) The couch cover needs to be washed once in a while. Space is limited: breakfast hall was full no matter what time we went; early, later, full. Although there are a few things that can be improved we were happy to stay with u :)

• 30th Dec 2013

At least the room we stayed in had absolutely no space to place our suitcases or even shoes, you couldn't use under the bed (which was paid, by the way) because everybody left their belongings there. The toilets were dirty almost all the time, but it has a magnificent location, so if you don't care about organization and will be outside all the time it is ok.

The staff was very kindly, they treated us very nice. We were a 18 people group, so it was a completely chaos with our booking, but they solved it. The Hostel is nice, the beds were confortables. The common area was little but nice. The breakfast and the kitchen area were very useful for our budget. I reccomend this hostel.

This was definitely not worth the price. Rooms and bathrooms were filthy; I felt physically dirty after being there. Common areas always overcrowded. Breakfast for the whole hostel was set up on two tiny tables, so it took a ridiculously long time to get a tiny cup of cereal and a piece of semi-toasted bread. Showers were the worst I have ever seen in a hostel. Extra charges for everything, including two euros per bag to leave your luggage in a disgustingly filthy closet.

• 24th Dec 2013

staff attitude is poor quality. treated us very bad when we check out. they are nice when check in. is totally changed after we move out from that day. i wont stay at this hostel anymore.

Hi Thank you for your feedback, its important for us and it will definitely help us to improve our check out process as it seems the time you checked out was busy and everybody wants to be served 1st . We hope to see you again, you might be surprised for good. Smart Hyde Park Inn

The beds are good, but you have to pay for everything, like lockers, internet,... The WiFi is very bad, doesn´t work at the rooms... But is a good hostel, anyway.

No free lockers to keep bags in the room

Thank you for review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travellers at very good location, the prices we offer do not include lockers charges as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need. Smart Hyde Park Inn

There are not enough plugs to charge your devices

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review and rating the hostel so high, We do have between 2 to 6 sockets in each room and more than 20 in the common area. If all these are in used, then you could come to the reception to charge it for you with pleasure. Smart Hyde Park Inn

Maybe not the best hostel I have ever stayed, but it was decent, especially when you pay such a low price and have the breakfast included. Good choice for 1 or 2 nights.

I had to walk through a bathroom to get to my room, which was not exactly a negative but definitely bizzare. While fhe common areas were fairly clean, my room was cramped, hot and smelly. There was also very little space for luggage.

The showers are better downstairs

I FELT THAT SOME STAFF IS NOT TREATING PEOPLE PROPERLY. SPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH WOMEN. POLITENESS SHOULD BE COMPULSORY WHEN PROVIDING A SERVICE.

We are terribly sorry you got this impression. We always try our best to give our guests the best service possible. Hopefully you will change your mind after you stay with us again.