Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Great location and the price was decent, and for the price the rooms were fine as well, but nothing was clean and most of the bathroom doors didnt lock or close well.

Read a lot of bad reviews on this place and was worried about going, me and a friend had a twin bunk bed room. and every thing was fine. Friendly staff, very clean room that was seen to every day, small and minimal but that was expected for the price in such a good location. If heading to London I will defiantly be staying again.

• 22nd May 2015

Nice place, had to come here last minute as another hostel double-booked us. The staff are very helpful and the room was incredibly clean.

• 22nd May 2015

The wifi was very slow.

Get a security system that doesn't go off at all hours of the day, put actual mattresses in the beds, and don't tell me you don't have a telephone only for me to see you do, in fact have a telephone, because you picked it up as I left the lobby, more electrical outlets than one per room, and for the love of God a proper wifi that you can connect to.

Rooms not well ventilated. Strong smells of body spray and cleaning products. Rooms got hot and stuffy at night.

The worst hostel we've ever seen over the world. Showers, dorms, evertything is filhty. The staff isn't even friendly. AVOID !!

• 16th May 2015

Very dirty

I THOUGHT THERE WAS A LOT OF NOISE COMING FROM DOWN STAIRS IN THE GAMES ROOM, IF YOU ARE TRYING TO SLEEP THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR VISITORS. THIS WENT ON IN TO THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING. I HAD TO BE UP AT 0500AM AND DID NOT GET THE SLEEP I WAS EXPECTING.I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A CUT OF TIME FOR THESE GAMES AND FOR PEOPLE COMING AND GOING.

• 14th May 2015

Very polite and helpful staff, just the rooms are really small, but for the price and location you can't ask too much!

I would not go back here. Slept in 16 bed dorm, without window. It was really much dust and smelled a bit bad (although they went around and spray in the rooms to hide the smell) so i sneezed and was snotty after one night there. Not worth it, although the good location, for me. Also you have to rent locker from them, even if you bring your own locker. Also they charge you for leaving your luggage there some hours after you checked out. Breakfast was, in my opinion, not tasty at all!

The Smart Hyde Inn was in a great location. Subway, Tesco and Mcdonalds are nearby. We stayed in a 20 bed mixed dorm, the good thing was the bed had curtains to cover. However, they only had 2 working outlets for 20 people. Also, they charged extra for lockers and for printing. Other than the location, everything else was below average.

Good, well stocked kitchen (though they make you pay a deposit for the cutlery, which is annoying....) Clean rooms, and cut little cabin beds

The staff- the Spanish and French girls- were very unfriendly, arrogant and bullies. Don't understand why people want to spoil holidays with no reason of a paying host. Kitchen facilities should have been more and the kitchen cleaner. I saw a cockroach there, although I saw people cleaning. Same thing for the toilets. The bedroom was large enough, with a lot of light and the bed confortable (although it was a three bed bunk bed). you need to pay for the lockers.

We stayed in the 20 person room and it was too small for that many people. At night it was so hot and humid in the room - the one tiny window was not enough ventilation!

Nice staff and people, clean hostel. Free Wi-fi well repaired, working in the common spaces. Some inconveniences 3G / phone calls you can not receive surely everywhere, only close to the street, otherwise recommended.

I enjoyed my stay at smart Hyde Park, I would like to tell them thank you very much for their efforts and I would thank specially the Arabic speaking stuff of the reception for their help. Thank you Zakarya from Germany

• 7th May 2015

The staff men were really kind with us. But, unfortunately the staff women were really rude. The Hostel is very warm and familiarity, we intend come back, and we recomend for all people that going to London. Thanks very much Mesaed and Bader (Staff men)

Hostel rooms were good. Staff wasnt very helpful.. they couldnt even tell me where a supermarket was! Showers were not great, you have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the water running.

I got my money worth.