Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Fine location, bed curtains were nice, big dorm rooms but not much space. have to pay more for lockers and WIFI. breakfast was ok. it was included

Hello there. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Cheers

The hostel is very near from two underground lines the red one e the yellow one and you can find a big variety of shops around there, supermarket and restaurants as well. It worth by the price that we paid I staied there for one weekend with one friend, in a twenty beds bedroom and it was really nice, the bathrooms were clean as well and in general the hostel have a good atmosphere.

Hi. Thanks for your review. Our aim is to provide safe, clean low-cost accommodation in Central London. We hope to see you again! Cheers

The rooms are tiny, some with triple bunk beds and you have to pay for lockers to keep belongings in. The beds are very short. If you're 6 foot I doubt you'd fit. The last 2 days I was there there wasn't any hot water. And the showers only have 1 button that you push to start the water so you can't choose the temperature and the water stops after a minute

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are in the process of refurbishing the rooms in the Hostel with new ensuite rooms. Unfortunately it sounds like you struck one of the older rooms. The new rooms have more traditional taps with temperature adjustment ability. Thanks for the comments though.

your staff where very helpful especialy when I was about to leave and I nearly collapaced because I was late taking my medication they provide a chair and water so I could take it so thanks very much. I suppose a acedental was a highlight just after miday I was in the dorm putting my kilt odn when four youn ladies came into the room imanged to get my kilt up in time I hope .told my wive when I got thought it was fuuny

• 12th Jun 2014

Private rooms are 4.5 flights of stairs! Small room, hot as hell, no air con. Timed shower with no selection of temp, no curtain, busted window, thin walls and a staff that didn't help at all with my problems with the room. I've posted a full review in tripadvisor (this is limited), make sure to read it before booking there. Great location but everything else is horrible.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Hi. It sounds as though you had a few problems which is a shame. Thanks for taking the time to write your review though.

Very good staff, very good location, small bathroom but it was ok. The room was a bit warm and it was the worst thing. But I recommend this hostel!

Hi there. We thank you for the recommendation. Hope to see you again!

No ventilation installation,it is very hot in the room. No free wifi.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • China

The location is very good, the prices too and I could say the place is clean, but the staff is awful. They are very disrespectful, don't try to help you at all and they like to make fun of you with ironies. if you are a turist I don't think you would like to be treated that way right in the place you're staying. So, I would say the staff could just do their jobs and stop being jerks.

• 8th Jun 2014

Really friendly staff, and perfect location (2 mins walk to the tube station). Great value hostel, would definetley use again

• 7th Jun 2014

Hey Lindsey, thanks for the feedback. We definitely look forward to your return. Cheers

By arrival we paid 10 pounds extra pp for security, we got it back by leave. Rooms were clean, entrance by card pp. Beds + sheets clean and bed had curtains for privacy. We slept at ladies dorm 9 person on ground floor, was ok. Other group stayed at ladies dorm 6 person which was at top floor and really warm due to whether even at night. Internet wifi 24 hours in room for just 1 pound. Bayswater tube station and sainsbury supermarket just across the hostel, 2 min walking.Turkish:bayan icin guzel

• 7th Jun 2014

Hello Fadime. Thanks for your comments. Hopefully we 'll see you again soon.

Small, cramped, overcrowded, hot, etc. We were not impressed with our stay here, worst hostel out of 5 we stayed in. Location isn't great, but not bad. There is no circulation in rooms at all though. It was 60 degrees (F) outside and it was at least 80 in the room! There were just too many people in there with their three high bunk beds. It is a good price, but very uncomfortable. Do not recommend.

Cheap place but not cool!

Hello Marcos. Thanks for the review. We will definitely have to work on our "cool" factor. Cheers.

This hostel was in a great location! Close to the metro and everything you need. Staff was very nice and helpful! The rooms had next to no room to do anything. The showers were never clean and the rooms could have been cleaned a lot better

Would be supergood, but: THEY DO NOT WASH BED LINEN! - they give you an extra sheet to put between you and the duvet... It's a joke. When I asked because it stinked, I'd been promised a clean one but didn't come, so had to fetch an other, less stinky one from a free bed. The dorms are like sleeping couches, small beds and THE ROOM DOES NOT VENTILATE, TOO HOT, NO AIR and it wasn't even summer yet... And, I was next to the window. It is really unpleasant. No brown bread at bread at breakfast

Hello there. It sounds like there was a hiccup with your bedding. All guests are given fresh bed linen at check-in and upon request. Sorry about that. We have to agree that the larger dorms can be a little "cosy" especially now it's summer in London. Perhaps if you come back (and we hope you do) you might like to try one of the smaller dorms. Thanks again.

Racist receptionist. Immediately began to make fun of my name. Afterwards started telling me my name is russian. When I told her I was Ukrainian, she told me I wasn't and that Ukraine isn't even a country! The manager stood next to her and did nothing so I walked out...

Decent budget accommodation. The building seemed rather stuffy/over-heated, but this may have been due to hot weather. Breakfast rooms became crowded, with people queuing to use facilities, but plenty of seating was available. Toilets and shower rooms were clean, but small - but this enabled a higher quantity. The hostel has an elegant facade , is in a fairly upmarket area, and is surrounded by many shops/services. Very close to Underground/bus stops, though some routes are not directly served.

Location right next to Hyde Park and a major train station were great. Lockers not working in the room, tiny common space/kitchen downstairs, the bathroom in our room was nasty and the stairs felt like the needed some structural work - not the best when having to soldier up 5 narrow flights of stairs with a pack.

they didnt return my deposit although ive paid for that when i cancelled my reservation. THe atmosphere was just awfull, really depressing and the stuff treated you like they were doing a favor. The worst hostel ive ever been to.

• 25th May 2014
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay here. Would stay again. there is a cleaner who cleans everyday. breakfast is offered. staff are lovely. overall very good stay here.

• 23rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

I did two reservations but canceled one. However, I had to pay the price of both resevations in the first day I was there.