Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

No ventilation installation,it is very hot in the room. No free wifi.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • China

The location is very good, the prices too and I could say the place is clean, but the staff is awful. They are very disrespectful, don't try to help you at all and they like to make fun of you with ironies. if you are a turist I don't think you would like to be treated that way right in the place you're staying. So, I would say the staff could just do their jobs and stop being jerks.

• 8th Jun 2014

Really friendly staff, and perfect location (2 mins walk to the tube station). Great value hostel, would definetley use again

• 7th Jun 2014

Hey Lindsey, thanks for the feedback. We definitely look forward to your return. Cheers

By arrival we paid 10 pounds extra pp for security, we got it back by leave. Rooms were clean, entrance by card pp. Beds + sheets clean and bed had curtains for privacy. We slept at ladies dorm 9 person on ground floor, was ok. Other group stayed at ladies dorm 6 person which was at top floor and really warm due to whether even at night. Internet wifi 24 hours in room for just 1 pound. Bayswater tube station and sainsbury supermarket just across the hostel, 2 min walking.Turkish:bayan icin guzel

• 7th Jun 2014

Hello Fadime. Thanks for your comments. Hopefully we 'll see you again soon.

Small, cramped, overcrowded, hot, etc. We were not impressed with our stay here, worst hostel out of 5 we stayed in. Location isn't great, but not bad. There is no circulation in rooms at all though. It was 60 degrees (F) outside and it was at least 80 in the room! There were just too many people in there with their three high bunk beds. It is a good price, but very uncomfortable. Do not recommend.

Cheap place but not cool!

Hello Marcos. Thanks for the review. We will definitely have to work on our "cool" factor. Cheers.

This hostel was in a great location! Close to the metro and everything you need. Staff was very nice and helpful! The rooms had next to no room to do anything. The showers were never clean and the rooms could have been cleaned a lot better

Would be supergood, but: THEY DO NOT WASH BED LINEN! - they give you an extra sheet to put between you and the duvet... It's a joke. When I asked because it stinked, I'd been promised a clean one but didn't come, so had to fetch an other, less stinky one from a free bed. The dorms are like sleeping couches, small beds and THE ROOM DOES NOT VENTILATE, TOO HOT, NO AIR and it wasn't even summer yet... And, I was next to the window. It is really unpleasant. No brown bread at bread at breakfast

Hello there. It sounds like there was a hiccup with your bedding. All guests are given fresh bed linen at check-in and upon request. Sorry about that. We have to agree that the larger dorms can be a little "cosy" especially now it's summer in London. Perhaps if you come back (and we hope you do) you might like to try one of the smaller dorms. Thanks again.

Racist receptionist. Immediately began to make fun of my name. Afterwards started telling me my name is russian. When I told her I was Ukrainian, she told me I wasn't and that Ukraine isn't even a country! The manager stood next to her and did nothing so I walked out...

Decent budget accommodation. The building seemed rather stuffy/over-heated, but this may have been due to hot weather. Breakfast rooms became crowded, with people queuing to use facilities, but plenty of seating was available. Toilets and shower rooms were clean, but small - but this enabled a higher quantity. The hostel has an elegant facade , is in a fairly upmarket area, and is surrounded by many shops/services. Very close to Underground/bus stops, though some routes are not directly served.

Location right next to Hyde Park and a major train station were great. Lockers not working in the room, tiny common space/kitchen downstairs, the bathroom in our room was nasty and the stairs felt like the needed some structural work - not the best when having to soldier up 5 narrow flights of stairs with a pack.

they didnt return my deposit although ive paid for that when i cancelled my reservation. THe atmosphere was just awfull, really depressing and the stuff treated you like they were doing a favor. The worst hostel ive ever been to.

• 25th May 2014
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay here. Would stay again. there is a cleaner who cleans everyday. breakfast is offered. staff are lovely. overall very good stay here.

• 23rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

I did two reservations but canceled one. However, I had to pay the price of both resevations in the first day I was there.

The best thing about smart Hyde Park Inn is its location near Bayswater station. It is an old building but well maintained and clean. They do not have lift and if you have big suitcase or bag, going to 4th floor would not be easy as the stairs are also narrow. There was lot of wastage of food as well mismanagement during breakfast. I think they should atleast put a small coffee/tea machine to make process faster and one person should be there all the time. Overall my stay was good.

Thank you for your review. We take on board all suggestions made by our fabulous guests, and we will certainly be doing so with yours. Thanks and hope to see you again.

Fantastic location, right next to the tube station and restaurants! Staff were really helpful and friendly. Rooms were a bit cramped, but it was great value for money with free breakfast included! This is a fantastic hostel for young people, we felt safe and made lots of new friends.

• 23rd May 2014

Hey Laura. So happy you had a great time. Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Thanks.

Very hot, even in the night. You have to pay for the lockers.

Thank you for your review. It has been unseasonably warm in London of late. Ventilation in the larger dorms is something we are continually working on. Perhaps if we see you again in the meantime, you might like to try one of the smaller dorms.

Disappointing stay, look to grab every penny they can from you. Bathroom poor, its pretty difficult to even sit on the toilet because its cramped into something the size of a wardrobe.

We are really sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the service that wasn't up to the standard we usually ensure to meet. We do not include some of the facilities in the price for the guests not to pay fro the facilities they will not use during the stay. We hope we will get another chance.

Great hostel, perfect location right on the central line means its easy to get to day or not. Rooms are a little cramped but the cleanliness & location more than make up for this. All the beds in my room had curtains so there is some privacy which is always appreciated at a hostel

Thank you for the good words!

The wi fi doens't works very well and the breakfast is very simple, I think the hostel could offer some fruits at the breakfast.