Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Very hot, even in the night. You have to pay for the lockers.

Thank you for your review. It has been unseasonably warm in London of late. Ventilation in the larger dorms is something we are continually working on. Perhaps if we see you again in the meantime, you might like to try one of the smaller dorms.

Disappointing stay, look to grab every penny they can from you. Bathroom poor, its pretty difficult to even sit on the toilet because its cramped into something the size of a wardrobe.

We are really sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the service that wasn't up to the standard we usually ensure to meet. We do not include some of the facilities in the price for the guests not to pay fro the facilities they will not use during the stay. We hope we will get another chance.

Great hostel, perfect location right on the central line means its easy to get to day or not. Rooms are a little cramped but the cleanliness & location more than make up for this. All the beds in my room had curtains so there is some privacy which is always appreciated at a hostel

Thank you for the good words!

The wi fi doens't works very well and the breakfast is very simple, I think the hostel could offer some fruits at the breakfast.

maybe it's the cheapest hostel. but i do not think it worth. I took 21 people dorm. but it was too many people in so small room. the air was stuck. and it was third floor bed. if you want to save money and you are thinking about only sleeping, then it could be good choice. but if not, you cannot take rest there.

should be cleaner. i stayed for 5 days and not once the bin in the room was emptied.

I booked an 18 bed dorm for 5 nights, chcecked out after my first night, it was that bad, no floor space at all two to be shared by 18 people, i had to sleep my back pack on my bed as the lockers (which they charge for) are quite small and i could not fit my back pack in (and it's only a 70 litre pack) i felt like a caged chicken in room will never stay there again

Hi there, You will be happy to hear that we are undergoing a refurbishment so all our rooms are en-suite and better accommodate the travellers' needs, though we are really sorry to hear your stay with us was unpleasant.

Great hostel, greater location!

It felt like climbing a ladder to heaven as our room was at the top, but everything was fine. Free cornflakes breakfast was nice. Bayswater of course is a great location.

We are really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing us during your trip to London and we hope you will visit us again.

I am satisfied with the services

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

thank you for such a great review!

In the 16 ppl room there was only one window, it was extremely hot and there was no fresh air, it was impossible to exist for me in such environment and I was only waiting to leave the room. Also i didn't like that in the showers next to my room the lockers in the door were broken. Water from the sink atfer one push goes no more than 2 seconds. No covers for the duvets.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Poland

We are concerned you found the quality of the facilities below the standards we normally ensure to meet. We rely on guests to report any cleaning/maintenance issues where we will get it resolved promptly.

The bathrooms are discussting and the kitchen staff are unpleasant and barely speaks english, but the again that's the case with almost all hostels in London so value for money is good after all. Location is nice.

Thank you for your comment, we would have hoped you could have raised the cleanliness issues with either our receptionist or even the manager. We are sorry you got the impression that our staff is unpleasant and we hope you will choose us again.

In a room with 12 beds there was no free space for the customers to put their luggage, and it was difficult to look for your things without blocking part of the corridor between the beds. When I arrived I couldn't find a free bed to sleep because all of them were full of baggage, so I had to call someone at the reception. There were no lockers in the room. Also, there was no wifi at my room, only at the reception. In my opinion, for the price I paid I expected a better place to stay.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We offer affordable accommodation for budget-minded travellers without missing out on a perfect location. We have lockers in every room under the beds and Wi-Fi is for free at the reception desk and in all the common areas, for the Wi-Fi in the rooms we charge £1per 24h.

I would always go back here. I wouldn't recommend staying in a 10bed dorm but the 4 or 6bed dorms are just fine, clean and there's enough space to store your luggage. Breakfast is simple but probably what most people would eat anyway, plus if you want to upgrade it with anything special you can just buy your own stuff and leave it in the fridge. Excellent location with supermarkets and tube stations just around the corner. It's also a great place to meet people. You'll neve feel alone here.

Hi there! Thank you very much for a positive comment and appreciating our location. We do our best to offer a great service.

The hostel is good located for a reasonable price. Clean rooms and bathrooms ... only the intervall of the private showers are very short and the temperature control of the water is not available and the water could be very very hot (..and cold) .. maybe choosin' a a room wihtout an own shower is the better way to book!

Hi, Thank you for your comment and your appreciation for our bathrooms and attention to cleanliness. We are continuously seeking ways of improving our hostel's quality, and so will be considering your valuable comments about the showers.

Old building, bad atmosphere, staff that doesn't care about working fast. Don't worth the money

• 17th Apr 2014

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are located in a beautiful listed building so it is difficult for us to make big changes. Our staff works the fastest possible without compromising on the quality of service. We offer affordable accommodation fro budget-minded travellers in a perfect location.

Good location, near to the subway station and next to restaurants, market, stores etc. The restrooms are tiny and dirty. The rooms are ok, but they could be larger, they are small and uncomfortable.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

We are continuously seeking ways of improving our hostel's quality, and so will be considering your valuable comments, though we are concerned you found the quality of the cleanliness below the standards we normally ensure to meet. Our housekeeping/cleaning times are between 06:30 am- 23:00. Besides of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly.

When I arrived, I thought it would be a good experience seeing as the location is good. But inside was a bit of a nightmare. Everything was cramped and not clean. For a twenty person room there was only a single bathroom to share with the sink on the inside of the room. Furthermore, the wifi could only be accessed in certain parts of the hostel. Also, I didn't appreciate the additional charges that were not mentioned on the site, like the cost of security boxes and the like.

• 15th Apr 2014

We want to offer affordable accommodation for budget-minded travellers in a perfect location. We offer a variety room types for every budget. We are concerned you found the quality of the cleanliness below the standards we normally ensure to meet. We would have hoped you could have raised these issues with either our receptionist or even the manager. Free Wi-Fi is available in all common areas and for the access in the rooms we charge £1 per 24 hours.

Fine hostel. Smart hostels have generic curtain bunk beds. In this one they seemed newer and generally cleaner. The staff was also accommodating considering I was very unprepared at check in. 10 pound deposit in cash required fyi.

The location is a good place to stay for London explorers. It is walking distance to portobella market and nearby tube stations are bayswater which connects to major central line and northern line stations. The entrance to hostel is not welcoming and doesn't give the atmosphere of a hostel but a shisha place to be precisely. The sharing rooms are not hygienic at all and their showering facilities is absolutely terrible. Overall poor value for money.

• 12th Apr 2014

Thank you for your comment and we are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. ur housekeeping/cleaning times between 06:30 am- 23:00. beside of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly.