Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The staff men were really kind with us. But, unfortunately the staff women were really rude. The Hostel is very warm and familiarity, we intend come back, and we recomend for all people that going to London. Thanks very much Mesaed and Bader (Staff men)

Hostel rooms were good. Staff wasnt very helpful.. they couldnt even tell me where a supermarket was! Showers were not great, you have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the water running.

I got my money worth.

First of all, the lockers are an additional charge so be prepared to pay or carry your passport and valuables with you. Beware the 20 bed dorms. I never knew it was possible to fit so many people into a such a confined space! It is very cheap by London standards, but I found it super-uncomfortable. The Luggage room is 2£, first time I've ever been asked to pay for a luggage room. There is a surcharge for paying with debit card. Even so, the staff were friendly and let me check in at 11am.

The structure was as showed in the photos. The bedroom was quite wide and ventilated (considering we stay in a 10 bed mixed dorm). The number power outlets (4) was manageable making arrangements with the other guests of the room. Abut negative aspects: the common bathroom was quite dirty and only 2 on 3 wc were well-functioning, moreover the wc’s access door were broken. Finally, the presence of only one sink was very limiting.

I can only comment on the room I slept in. It was a large dormitory of 20 beds, and it cost me 11 pounds. If you're only looking for a cheap BED in central London, this is an excellent deal. But that's what it is: a bed. The room is mostly made up of beds, in columns of 3 beds, dovetailing each other. Each bed has blinds that you can shut for privacy. It all looks like drawers in a cupboard. But assuming this is all you need, it is well maintained, showers and toilets were in good condition.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Israel

I only stayed one night at the Hyde Park Inn, but I was really surprised about the cleanliness of the room and the kindness of the very helpful staff. The beds were confortable and you had some privacy thanks to curtains in front of the bed. You can't lock the shower, which was a bit uncomfortable as you share them with men. However, I felt good at the Hyde Park Inn, the location was excellent and the neighbourhood is great to explore London and to meet people.

Would never stay here again. Lockers didn't work had to go to reception more than 5 times as the card wouldn't open the locker & would become inactivated. Not a good vibe for young people/ hostel rooms are filled with old people and young people- rooms are small & crowded/ no ventilation & you get fresh sheets but the doona you get smells like body odour or something worse. A lot of kids on school tour which makes it crowded & noisy as they block doorways & common rooms.

Don't think I'll be staying here again which is a shame as the location, building and staff are some of the best. Unfortunately, there are no beds only five-sided boxes, stacked floor to ceiling covering all the wallspace, which means climbing a ladder to the top to squeeze into a confined space in a crowded, airless room. no sleep for me. Breakfast is eaten standing up as it's in a small, overcrowded room.

It makes sense that it's hard to stay on top of cleaning with so many people there, so the shower had a lot of hair in it and the room was pretty smelly. It was nice to have curtains on the beds. Charging phone was difficult. Bring flip flops for walking around/showering and earplugs. Breakfast was fine, just crowded. Great location near the underground and some stores. Staff was friendly but gave me wrong directions to the airport...no express train in early morning from Victoria to Heathrow.

I was not impressed with this hostel at all. Beds were uncomfortable, the room was extremely small for a 20 bed and the facilities were just overall terrible. There were children running around everywhere and the breakfast was absolutely horrible. During my european tour I meant a group of students who had stayed here as well and the had just come from this hostel and the one girl had bed bug bites from head to toe from this hostel and they wouldn't refund her money. DON'T STAY HERE.

I did not touch the junk-food breakfast, kitchen facilities were poor, partly, perhaps, because of theft. Few people seemed to cook or there would have been terrible congestion in the kitchen. I had to buy my own grater and knife. The evening after I left no one answered the phone but when I returned in the hope of recovering my diary, it awaited me at reception. The quiet hours of 10-6 suited me better than those of the YHA, 11-7. The iron bunks enabled one to slip out silently.

I really liked the sturdy beds and the curtains on each bed. It would be nice to have individual lights on the beds so that you could read etc. even if the others are already asleep.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Perfect location, you got supermarkets, restaurants, underground, bus stop generally everything you need just 2mins walk from hostel, staff is cool and helpfull bed are with curtains wich is nice. you wont regret staying here.. but i bet you will if you choose an other hostel (i wont name it) close there couse i tried one and i thought im in a warzone lol

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Greece

As a work in London but live somewhere else, Smart Hyde Park Inn is a great choice. It is very close to where I work and shops, foods and park are nearby. The only drawback i would like to say is that it is a bit noise, espcially in the night. A pair of ear plug is definitely needed.

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased you found our location setting met with your expectations. We are also very proud of our central and convenient locations. Thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

Beware the 10 GBP deposit. Shower/ bathroom facilities decent. Location a quick tube ride away from city center, and very close to hyde park which is nice. Included breakfast is very basic. lockers cost extra to rent. Limited power outlet access in room.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Hostel experience after your recent stay. Our breakfast service is offered as a complimentary service for all our valued guests, on an eat-as-much-as-you like basis which we have recently upgraded. Thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again

Have to say, these guys are really care about what people's experience stay with Hyde park Inn, and they are really keen to improve there service. This time I got free ear plugs and free locker as well (not the first time they give me free locker!)--thanks!

This is one of the worst hostels I've stayed at (from more than 50 worldwide). Then again, it was very cheap. + Price + Centrally located near Hyde Park - Awful atmosphere and a feeling of unfreshness (needs renovation badly) - No lights by beds, forcing the ceiling light to be on until after midnight - The taps by the sinks need to be depressed every 0,5 seconds - Wifi impossibly slow (taking about 20 minutes to log on to Facebook) - Tiny toilets - Overcrowded - Charges extra for locker

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Of all the hostels i've visited this hostel has the nicest receptionists by far! :-)

We think you're pretty wonderful too! Thanks

Wonderful friendly hostel. Always kept clean. Lots of different nationalities staying. Great staff. Really its them more than anything else at this hostel that keeps me coming back. It would be nice if there was a book shelf for book exchange. :-)

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback. Our reception team are continually receiving training on customer service and care. We are really happy you enjoyed the manner of our team. We'll pass your great idea of a book exchange on to the relevant people. Cheers for that.