Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The receptionist was very unhelpful and wanted me to pay 6 pounds to store my luggage after I had already checked in. The toilet was multiple flights of stairs away from the room and the rooms were crowded and stuffy. There seemed to be a lot of extra costs for things like storing valuables etc.

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We are continually adding our Guests comments into our staff training programme.

I have stayed in multiple hostels across Europe and this one was by far the worst. To start, it is a complete scam and they literally charge you for every extra little thing (wifi in the room, locker use, luggage store). Second, it was cramped, smelled terrible, and INFESTED with cockroach-like bugs. I got up in the middle of the night and four giant bugs were scurrying around the floor...disgusting. My standards for hostels are usually pretty low but this place was absolutely awful.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. Our goal is to provide clean, low-cost accommodation in Central London. Our housekeeping team clean day & night for Guests comfort. Also the maintenance team regularly ensure the building is treated for protection against any pests. They have re-treated the premises. BTW we provide free wi-fi in the reception/TV & dining rooms and our luggage storage rates are a very low £2/bag (from check-out until midnight)

While I was there they hosted lots of school groups. They would stand in the halls and talk loudly til quite late. Ear plug solved the problem, but it would have been nice for someone to send them into their rooms. The beds are interesting, three hard wall and a blackout curtain, very like an old train bed. I really liked it, but if you are tall it would have been bad news as they are not full size twin beds. So short folks will be pleased and tall folks will suffer.

Hi there. Thanks for your review, hopefully we'll see you again. Cheers.

the room is quite small despite the location is really good

• 21st Jun 2014
  • China

Hello. Thanks for your review, we hope to see you again.

The place is too expensvie related to the facilities it has: the room was too hot, there ws no space to keep our things and the bathroom was very unconfrtable.

• 20th Jun 2014

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We feed all of these comments back in to the team so that we can try to improve things.

I have stayed there only one night. Lucky me. It was horrible. I felt that I was in a prison. Too many people on a too small surface. Smelly, dirty, no air to breath. I won't recommend at all. The curtain from the beds, for privacy, were from plastic and in the heat from the room you can imagine... 3 level bunked beds... I had the feeling to be in a coffin in my bed in a room of coffins. So bad the experience...

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Had to climb a lot of flights of stairs, but it really isn't that bad. I met some cool people and enjoyed my stay. There was this one rough housing guy there but the police came to take him away. Very satisfactory action taken on that account. Besides that I can find nothing wrong with the hostel. Right next to Hyde Park too as well as the metro station. I had fun watching the World Cup at the hostel too. Plus they have free wifi downstairs. Also upstairs but there's a limit or something.

• 19th Jun 2014

Hi there. Thanks for the review. We hope you backed Germany! Cheers

Good value for money. If you are only looking for a cheap place to sleep - I highly recommend. But otherwise crowded and loud. Had to wait for bathroom and breakfast for quite some time.

Hi. Thanks for your comments, we hope to see you again.

No life is a major problem of the hostel and also no hot water for my shower

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is valued and we'll look in to the points you mention. Our hot water service is usually fairly good but we'll have the maintenance team check it out so that it doesn't happen again in the future. Cheers.

It was perfect for a night for me, rooms are very compact so wouldn't want to stay for more then a weekend but the staff were great and met some great ppl and would come back :-)

• 14th Jun 2014

I have been staying here twice a year for more than ten years, and I can't think of any better hostel than this one.

Fine location, bed curtains were nice, big dorm rooms but not much space. have to pay more for lockers and WIFI. breakfast was ok. it was included

Hello there. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Cheers

The hostel is very near from two underground lines the red one e the yellow one and you can find a big variety of shops around there, supermarket and restaurants as well. It worth by the price that we paid I staied there for one weekend with one friend, in a twenty beds bedroom and it was really nice, the bathrooms were clean as well and in general the hostel have a good atmosphere.

Hi. Thanks for your review. Our aim is to provide safe, clean low-cost accommodation in Central London. We hope to see you again! Cheers

The rooms are tiny, some with triple bunk beds and you have to pay for lockers to keep belongings in. The beds are very short. If you're 6 foot I doubt you'd fit. The last 2 days I was there there wasn't any hot water. And the showers only have 1 button that you push to start the water so you can't choose the temperature and the water stops after a minute

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are in the process of refurbishing the rooms in the Hostel with new ensuite rooms. Unfortunately it sounds like you struck one of the older rooms. The new rooms have more traditional taps with temperature adjustment ability. Thanks for the comments though.

your staff where very helpful especialy when I was about to leave and I nearly collapaced because I was late taking my medication they provide a chair and water so I could take it so thanks very much. I suppose a acedental was a highlight just after miday I was in the dorm putting my kilt odn when four youn ladies came into the room imanged to get my kilt up in time I hope .told my wive when I got thought it was fuuny

• 12th Jun 2014

Private rooms are 4.5 flights of stairs! Small room, hot as hell, no air con. Timed shower with no selection of temp, no curtain, busted window, thin walls and a staff that didn't help at all with my problems with the room. I've posted a full review in tripadvisor (this is limited), make sure to read it before booking there. Great location but everything else is horrible.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Hi. It sounds as though you had a few problems which is a shame. Thanks for taking the time to write your review though.

Very good staff, very good location, small bathroom but it was ok. The room was a bit warm and it was the worst thing. But I recommend this hostel!

Hi there. We thank you for the recommendation. Hope to see you again!

No ventilation installation,it is very hot in the room. No free wifi.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • China

The location is very good, the prices too and I could say the place is clean, but the staff is awful. They are very disrespectful, don't try to help you at all and they like to make fun of you with ironies. if you are a turist I don't think you would like to be treated that way right in the place you're staying. So, I would say the staff could just do their jobs and stop being jerks.

• 8th Jun 2014

Really friendly staff, and perfect location (2 mins walk to the tube station). Great value hostel, would definetley use again

• 7th Jun 2014

Hey Lindsey, thanks for the feedback. We definitely look forward to your return. Cheers