Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Well run and fairly relaxed hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Like us on Facebook to keep up with everything going on in London and at our hostels. We hope we will see you again soon.

It was a room with 16 people, mess and bad smell.. had just 2 electric outlet for this room, hostel dont provide adapter , need to pay for the locker and for leave the bags after check out, cold room , small bed. Positive - free little breakfast , location

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Since in a hostel a lot of people come and go daily, we try to keep the place as clean as possible. But it can happen that a backpacker travelling around the world ends up in a shared dorm and his/her small pair of shoes can leave quite an impression. We are looking to upgrade our beds to include personal power sockets! We hope if you come back you will see the positive improvement this will make.

Very good staff but no cutlery or things to use in the kitchen

Hello and thank you for your feedback, Our friendly receptionists work continuously to ensure guests are made welcome. We always have plenty of spare cutlery available for guests. During your next visit with us please speak with our reception team who will be able to resolve any issues that are not to your liking, we hope you visit us again soon.

Showers on the top floor didn't work at all. The curtains on the beds in the 20 bed room are hellish pvc bullshit. The 20 person room reeks of festering ass and there's no window. I was only staying for a night so the front desk guy graciously bumped me up to the 8 person room, which had a window, but still, bleh. Lockers are under the beds and cost two pounds a night, so that's why I rated security "average," although your whole suitcase won't fit unless it's the size of a small backpack.

I didn't enjoy my stay at your hostel, because it didn't smell good, it was to warm and to stuffy, not nice to breethe. The place to rest, read a book, eat and cook was way to small and smelly, that we didn't want to be there and went outside to read a book untill it was time to sleep. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't co,me again.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Backpacker experience after your recent stay. To improve ventilation we are installing safety bars for the windows into all of our hostels to remove the restriction of window openings. We are positive this will be a msassive improvement for the ventillation problem in our rooms.

Was ok for the price. only needed a bed and a shower, breakfast was a mess as there were loads of people and two toasters but hey ho. You get what you pay for, cleaning ladies clean every day.

• 19th Dec 2014

Hello and thank you for your review. We offer an-all-you-can-eat basic breakfast which includes fresh toast, cereal, tea and coffee. We provide this service free of charge for our valued guests. Our wonderful cleaning staff work all day long to ensure the hostel is clean and hygenic! Rooms are cleaned daily and public bathrooms are cleaned hourly!

Still very good . I've been there before.

Hello and thank you for your comments, we are always happy to receive positive comments. Thank you for choosing us for your stay. Come back and visit again soon.

Like the curtains on the beds.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback, we are always glad to receive such comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you seeing you again soon.

I warmly recommend it .

Hello and thank you for your feedback, we are always happy to receive positive comments. Don't forget to like our Facebook page for the latest news and special offers. We look forward to your next stay with us.

My friend and I were staying in twin private with en suite bathroom. The room itself was clean, as was the adjoining bathroom, however I found the overall hostel lacking in cleanliness and that to me is a huge factor. For example, the staircase and breakfast room I found looked dirty. The lobby wasn't welcoming although that may be because building works were being carried out. Have stayed in other hotels prior to this with same price range, this was a disappointment in comparison.

Hello and thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you were happy with the room offered and our standards of cleanliness. Our wonderful housekeepers work tirelessly to ensure the Hostel is kept clean for customer use. During your next visit should you find the cleanliness not up to your standards please speak with our friendly Reception team who will be able to rectify any issues. We are currently refurbishing all our hostels to improve our overall level of service to our guests.

Very good! The staff was very gentle, nice and helpfull. The bathrooms was always clean, what it's rare in some hostels around the world. My only complain is about has to pay for the lockers and wi fi in the bedrooms, this is really really bad. I think it's a facility that every hostel should offer (and the most of them really do!). But, att all, it's a really nice place to stay in London.

• 7th Dec 2014

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback! We are happy you were pleased with our cleaning standards, our housekeepers work tirelessly to maintain facilities to the best of their ability. During your next visit please enquire with our friendly Receptionists about our free Wi-Fi service. Our aim is to provide clean budget-conscious accommodation, the rates don't include certain extras; as the majority of our guests do not use them, meaning they are exempt for services not received.

The staff are extremely friendly and very professional.There is a nice and clean communal area for eating washing TV or browsing the web with free WiFi access.A place to definately recommend to friends.

Thank you for your positive feedback, it is always nice to receive such comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our housekeepers work tirelessly to maintain high standards of cleanliness for our guests. Don't forget to like us on Facebook for the latest news and special offers, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very good for a quick stay, excellent location and helpfull staff. The only thing that I though was a bit exagerated was the single bathroom for a room with 9 people, even if it was private it was way too many people for that one bathroom. Specially women... if you know what I mean.

Beddings are not very clean,

Well worth the stay. Great value for money even tho I missed breakfast (went too heavy on the night out at Gary Numan gig). Easy walk to many locations from here, Hyde Park is great. Definitely stay again. I'll b in march to see the postponed Warpaint gig.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • djw_arsenal1025

Hostel was ok. Room was smelly and hot, and a bit noisy too. It's cheap to book but everything else is extra, like towels (bad quality for price) and wifi in the room. Clean bed sheets are given, but not clean duvet covers which isn't ideal. Kitchen facilities weren't great. Breakfast was ok, just toast and cereal. Location is very good though, right by the tube and buses. A bigger common area would be nice. Not enough power points either for charging phones.

• 27th Nov 2014

Horrible place to stay. I was waiting for the time i could finally leave. The room was too small and crowded there was no space for anything. The washroom was tine in the room, and was almost impossible to change clothes there. U can't be "in peace" in anywhere there is no free or confortable spaces to hang out. The kitchin and the living room was always crowded, cause people dont have how to stay in there rooms, or charge their mobiles. It was really awful. LUGAR HORRIVEL NAO RECOMENDO.

• 26th Nov 2014

just a place for sleeping - not much else. Clean enough, but could be more tidy and organized, and better opportunities for storage. Really, really disliked not having proper usb/other charging in the rooms (preferebly one by each bed?) - I only had few days in London, and it took up a lot of my time sitting in places to charge my phone. .. and maybe a lights for each bed. Didn't sleep well with people turning on and off lights at all times. Because of that I wouldn't stay there again.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Hello and thank you for your review. We apologise there were aspects of your stay you did not enjoy. We have listened to your comments; some of the things you have mentioned are being resolved right now. We are currently working on increasing the number of sockets in every room to supply enough service to everyone. For future reference, we do offer lockers at £1.50 per night and luggage storage for £2 per bag. We hope if you do come back you will notice the improvements we have made.

Wasnt expecting much for the price i paid, but after 30mins of being there, i was pleasently surprised. The 20bed dorm was clean, and didnt smell like socks, like a lot of hostels. The staff were cool, got a chance to meet some nice people at the free breakfast. think i paid £8 for a night, cant complain.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Hostels experience after your recent stay. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome anytime!

Great location, especially for the price. Heaps of dodgy characters around the area though. Facilities were pretty gross, some mould and an overall unpleasant smell there. Would actually recommend it though, despite all that, if you're after cheap accomodation in a good location