Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

they didnt return my deposit although ive paid for that when i cancelled my reservation. THe atmosphere was just awfull, really depressing and the stuff treated you like they were doing a favor. The worst hostel ive ever been to.

• 25th May 2014
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay here. Would stay again. there is a cleaner who cleans everyday. breakfast is offered. staff are lovely. overall very good stay here.

• 23rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

I did two reservations but canceled one. However, I had to pay the price of both resevations in the first day I was there.

The best thing about smart Hyde Park Inn is its location near Bayswater station. It is an old building but well maintained and clean. They do not have lift and if you have big suitcase or bag, going to 4th floor would not be easy as the stairs are also narrow. There was lot of wastage of food as well mismanagement during breakfast. I think they should atleast put a small coffee/tea machine to make process faster and one person should be there all the time. Overall my stay was good.

Thank you for your review. We take on board all suggestions made by our fabulous guests, and we will certainly be doing so with yours. Thanks and hope to see you again.

Fantastic location, right next to the tube station and restaurants! Staff were really helpful and friendly. Rooms were a bit cramped, but it was great value for money with free breakfast included! This is a fantastic hostel for young people, we felt safe and made lots of new friends.

• 23rd May 2014

Hey Laura. So happy you had a great time. Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Thanks.

Very hot, even in the night. You have to pay for the lockers.

Thank you for your review. It has been unseasonably warm in London of late. Ventilation in the larger dorms is something we are continually working on. Perhaps if we see you again in the meantime, you might like to try one of the smaller dorms.

needed a cheap place that was well located. lively atmosphere nearby

Disappointing stay, look to grab every penny they can from you. Bathroom poor, its pretty difficult to even sit on the toilet because its cramped into something the size of a wardrobe.

We are really sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the service that wasn't up to the standard we usually ensure to meet. We do not include some of the facilities in the price for the guests not to pay fro the facilities they will not use during the stay. We hope we will get another chance.

Great hostel, perfect location right on the central line means its easy to get to day or not. Rooms are a little cramped but the cleanliness & location more than make up for this. All the beds in my room had curtains so there is some privacy which is always appreciated at a hostel

Thank you for the good words!

The wi fi doens't works very well and the breakfast is very simple, I think the hostel could offer some fruits at the breakfast.

maybe it's the cheapest hostel. but i do not think it worth. I took 21 people dorm. but it was too many people in so small room. the air was stuck. and it was third floor bed. if you want to save money and you are thinking about only sleeping, then it could be good choice. but if not, you cannot take rest there.

should be cleaner. i stayed for 5 days and not once the bin in the room was emptied.

I booked an 18 bed dorm for 5 nights, chcecked out after my first night, it was that bad, no floor space at all two to be shared by 18 people, i had to sleep my back pack on my bed as the lockers (which they charge for) are quite small and i could not fit my back pack in (and it's only a 70 litre pack) i felt like a caged chicken in room will never stay there again

Hi there, You will be happy to hear that we are undergoing a refurbishment so all our rooms are en-suite and better accommodate the travellers' needs, though we are really sorry to hear your stay with us was unpleasant.

Great hostel, greater location!

It felt like climbing a ladder to heaven as our room was at the top, but everything was fine. Free cornflakes breakfast was nice. Bayswater of course is a great location.

We are really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing us during your trip to London and we hope you will visit us again.

I am satisfied with the services

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

thank you for such a great review!

In the 16 ppl room there was only one window, it was extremely hot and there was no fresh air, it was impossible to exist for me in such environment and I was only waiting to leave the room. Also i didn't like that in the showers next to my room the lockers in the door were broken. Water from the sink atfer one push goes no more than 2 seconds. No covers for the duvets.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Poland

We are concerned you found the quality of the facilities below the standards we normally ensure to meet. We rely on guests to report any cleaning/maintenance issues where we will get it resolved promptly.

The bathrooms are discussting and the kitchen staff are unpleasant and barely speaks english, but the again that's the case with almost all hostels in London so value for money is good after all. Location is nice.

Thank you for your comment, we would have hoped you could have raised the cleanliness issues with either our receptionist or even the manager. We are sorry you got the impression that our staff is unpleasant and we hope you will choose us again.

In a room with 12 beds there was no free space for the customers to put their luggage, and it was difficult to look for your things without blocking part of the corridor between the beds. When I arrived I couldn't find a free bed to sleep because all of them were full of baggage, so I had to call someone at the reception. There were no lockers in the room. Also, there was no wifi at my room, only at the reception. In my opinion, for the price I paid I expected a better place to stay.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We offer affordable accommodation for budget-minded travellers without missing out on a perfect location. We have lockers in every room under the beds and Wi-Fi is for free at the reception desk and in all the common areas, for the Wi-Fi in the rooms we charge £1per 24h.

I would always go back here. I wouldn't recommend staying in a 10bed dorm but the 4 or 6bed dorms are just fine, clean and there's enough space to store your luggage. Breakfast is simple but probably what most people would eat anyway, plus if you want to upgrade it with anything special you can just buy your own stuff and leave it in the fridge. Excellent location with supermarkets and tube stations just around the corner. It's also a great place to meet people. You'll neve feel alone here.

Hi there! Thank you very much for a positive comment and appreciating our location. We do our best to offer a great service.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »