Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Felt insecure at night when random people would stand on the porch and harass girls. Security was better during the week when less guests were there, but the weekends it seemed like people would were not guests hung around the lobby. Bathrooms in ensuites were kept clean which was nice but the placeholder for the guest card on some of the bunks were broken off. Also extremely strange that you couldnt use wifi other than in the lobby and there were days in which the wifi didnt work.

• 15th Mar 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into all your comments. Good security is our priority and we are surprised to hear that. We have a free Wi-Fi in the common areas and for the access in the room our guests have to pay £1 per 24 hours. Also we are undergoing a refurbishment so little things like card holders will be fixed shortly.

The hostel is located in very nice area and it is kind of close to the city center, very close to lovely Hyde Park! Generally the hostel is nice. Beds are very comfortable. Prices are good as for London! I recommend this place. Only one problem is the small in rooms... a bit humid or something like that, but with time you used to stand it ;)

Thank you for a good review! Now you can follow us on Facebook to get the best offers!

Good location, TV room, kitchen, free wifi And staff nice and helpfull

• 7th Mar 2014

Thanks so much for the good words!

Staff didn't tell us we had to change rooms. Upon arriving to the hostel I found my belongings scattered around the lobby. They proceeded to yell at me, call me a lair, and keep my deposit after I apologized over and over but explained that I was unaware I had to switch rooms.

Thank you for your feedback. We have procedure of bed tags. Each customer checks in we give him/her bed tags with useful information such as date of the departure, room number etc. So, it’s clear at the check in when they check out or change room. We apologize if you didn't like the way this situation was handled but I am sure our staff did not yell at you. Hope you will stay with us again and have a better experience.

The hostel was OK, the staff was nice and helpful, we stayed in 15-bed room and it was really tiny with no space for luggage at all, however, the prize is really low and it's ok if you only need a place where to stay over night. The hygiene was terrible though, showers and toilets were dirty all the time.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

I know it's a low budget hostel but the room was awful. I felt like I was in a submarine with people crammed in together in a small room with only one window, hardly any room to move, you had to pay extra for the storage, staff was ok. It was full of weird characters hanging out in the common room. The location is superb though. We only stayed there one night and I'm pretty sure we won't be coming back.

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. We always do our best for our guests to feel welcomed and enjoy their stays.

It was great staying there. The only complain was breackfast time when ladies where almost taking off your plates at 9'30 even if we had cereal or food on it!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Hi thank you for your feedback and sorry for this inconvenience, we'll look into it. Hope to see you again someday!

i'm very impressed stayed their a few times now

Thanks so much!

Nice Hostel with a lot of international people. The Position is really close to Hyde Park and the Underground. Breakfast is free but could be better ( maybe croissant or coockies). Generally, I spend a nice days in this Hostel.

Thank you very much for the good words! Please follow our offers on Facebook and Twitter :)

The Location was the best thing of the hostel, because it's close to 2 subway station which is for me the best way of moving around London. The riooms were just ok, and the price is good considering London a very expensive city. I also missed the typical hostel atmosphere. There was a really small social area, that was really overcrowded, because it was the only area with wifi available, there were 3 computers available but you had to pay for using them, 1 pound/hour, crazy!

Thank you for your review. We take the guest feedback very seriously and we will take your comments under consideration. As per the Internet problem we are putting together new system where the Internet will still be free in the common areas and in the rooms it will cost £1 per 24h.

I lived in a 9-bed room. I Think it was Clean and fresh. The room was very smal though, and you had to pay extra to get access to the storage box underneath the bed. Location is great! Very Close to hyde park and tube station. The atmousfear was not so good. It was hard to get in Contact with new people because the common area were very small. The staff was ok. Not mean but neither friendly and funny.

Thank you for the good words we will consider your feedback to make positive changes in our service.

Average hostel for the price. Helpfull staff though. The place seemed overcrowded sometimes due to the lack of space on rooms.. wifi was only present on base floor. Cleanliness could be better in rooms.

Thank you for the feedback and positive words. We will be installing new Wi-Fi solution and it will be available in all the rooms for only £1 per 24h.

This is not the first time that I stayed in hostel in London, therefore I had an idea about what should I expect. The common/share area was really small, the internet was available only in the common, the showers has not temperature regulator and there was not enough room outside the showers, most the time the toilets were clean but a few times I found them not hygienic enough (such some urine around and also blood). The luggage room is not free (2 pounds/ bag) and clean ladies are very rude.

The hostel has a great location, a short walk from the metro station, and the staff is nice. As I stayed only one night, it was ok for the cheap price. However, the room is very small, there was no space for my bag or even for people to walk inside it; the bathrooms were all wet and dirty and the showers are pretty tight without any place to hang my clothes. The breakfast is very basic and it is served in a very tiny room.

The hostel was generally untidy, the rooms were tiny and not clean as well. Showers and toilets not seperated by gender and no locks on the doors to the showers. No wifi in the rooms but only in the common rooms. It said on a note in the (a private) room that the room wasn't safe and one should rent their locker for 1,5 pound a day. Furthermore, it is really loud and noisy, you can hear everything when you sleep which results in no sleep. On the positive side, the location was good.

Hi, We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We take our guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping staff does their best though they are not able to clean up after every guest, also, the hostel is safe though the guests are advised to keep their valuables in the lockers. Hope to see you again someday! SHPI Team

I liked all days where I've spent there. Near of metro station, clean place, good service. I'll be there next year propably!!! The best hostel that I've been....awesome!

• 17th Jan 2014

It's a great place to stay for a weekend trip ! Metro line is next to the hostel so there's no problems to get in any place of London. You can also get to the main tourist attractions walking through Hyde Park.. Staff was really nice and helpfull. The only minus is the kitchen, you have to ask in reception for any facility because kitchen is empty.

Hi, It is great to hear you ejnoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate the great location we have! All the cutlery is available to our guests at the reception desk. Hope to see you again. SHPI Team

An hostel in London with a kitchen is always a bonus. Curtained beds are great. Wifi worked in the room. Breakfast was simple but more than adequate. Although plastic mugs and bowls are a bit ordinary but understand the reasoning.

Hi, Thanks very much for a good review! Hope to see back one day! SHPI Team

First of all the reservation was not valid for the day that we wanted/bought at the site and they do us leave the hostel and stay all night long "in the street" at the New Years Eve. The staff was very no sense with us. The rooms are very tight, doesn't have space for the bags. The wifi don't work at the whole hostel, only in the reception.

• 1st Jan 2014

We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. You have made a reservation arriving on the 1st of January, New Year's Eve is always very busy so we were not able to accommodate you when you arrived one day too early. Hopefully you will visit us again. HPI Staff

최악 최악 정말 너무 최악.... 태어나서 3층 침대 처음 봤음.