Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The rooms were cramped and smelly. Everything, including a locker, costs extra. The only plus was a curtain on the bed and reusable pillow case. The common areas are small and cramped, and we were yelled at for every place we sat down. the wifi only worked in the hallways, but you cant sit there. The location is great, but west two hostel is right around the corner and is a much better stay. I would advise you to go there.

NEVER AGAIN! The WORST HOSTEL EVER! I stayed in the female room on the upper floor and there were absolutely NO AIR TO BREATHE!! No WIFI in the room! Just a TERRIBLE SHOWER,..the light and water are disappearing after 30 seconds you turn them on! Pay attention the LUGGAGE STORAGE COSTS YOU 2 POUNDS, and additional 1.5 pound for the locker! And it's not even the full list....

very clean, and a friendly staff,. excellent location...

Location was really nice with ATMs, shops and restaurants near by. Good connections. Not enough toilets. Our private rooms window opened so that we could see right into a toilet. Poor ventilation. This was with no doubt the noisiest hostel we have ever been. It didn't quiet down until after midnight and after 6am it was hard to sleep because of the noise from the hallway.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Finland

It is cheap but you don't expect to much (we were in 22 beds room). There are not enough showers and electrical sockets. Curtains on each bed are very good solution to have some privacy. We wouldn't recommend it for long stay.

We were on the 4th floor so we had to go to the reception to connect to the internet: wi-fi only on the ground floor. Staff members were ok, but whenever I went to the reception to talk to them they were chatting with one another. So I always had to "interrupt" their chat. Cleaners do their job everyday around 11a.m. If they saw we were still asleep they just removed the rubbish other than that they would vacuum the bedroom. So bedroom was always very clean :)

Loud, noisy, filthy, cramped, unsafe, dirty, disgusting, all round very unpleasant stay. And the other guests were all hideously loud all the time. This is the worst hostel I have every stayed in, third world conditions in central London. Only stay here if you are desperate.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Not enough showers, not enough toilets. Bedrooms are too cramped. Three tier bunk beds are awful. No common room. Minimal kitchen facilities. No atmosphere in the hostel. People constantly loitering outside the door.

Thank you for your review. we are sorry you didn't enjoy your say fully. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. We do have a common room right next to the reception desk. Our guests have different day schedules so here are people walking in and out from the hostel at all times, or waiting for their friends.

Fine rooms, but they could use pegs and some shelves, so you wouldn't have to put all your stuff on the floor.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Denmark

Typical backpacking in London. Practical in terms of location.

Huge hostel. It´s up to you, but I prefer smaller one´s, which is complicated to find in London. Good breakfast and location. Terrible beds! Far away, the worst thing in this hostel. You feel that you are sleeping in a box. Not enough showers for the amount of people, too much guests for the size of the kitchen. Good value for money, anyway, considering high season and prices in London. I would stay there again, but not a big fan.

Though it was affordable, I would not stay at this place again. The bathrooms in particular were not as clean as I would expect, there was constant noise and smoking from people (other guests? friends of staff?) loitering at all hours. They claimed to be reducing this problem by discouraging long-term stays, I gather this didn't work or wasn't being applied. The rooms have 3-tiered bunks and feel institutional and claustrophobic.

We take guests feedback seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We try our best to make guests follow our rules but we do not have too much influence on their behavior. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. HPI Staff

The hostel was nice, there are grocery stores, ATMs and a tube station very close by. However, most of the showers and toilets were extremely small, so be careful!

Had a good week. under 15 minutes to oxford street. But the toilets could be better.

• 29th Jul 2013

I chose this hostel for the location, which is great. But the staff were rude and unhelpful, there is only one shower in the entire building that works normally (the rest require you to push a button that gives you half a minute of cold water) and worst of all I woke up COVERED in bed bug bites. I would NOT RECOMMEND staying here.

The breakfast is not continental (poor choice and no orange juice). When going to the breakfast, you feel like a clandestine (at the end of a pizzeria, then go down the stairs).

• 26th Jul 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to supply cheap and affordable accommodation to our guest at unique locations so we offer free simple continental breakfast to our guests. HPI Staff

Only hostel around Europe I've had a problem with theft!!

This place is DISGUSTING. We walked into our room after checkin to be greated by POLICE who were attending to someone whos bag had been stolen from the room. The staff are useless and rude. The toilets are terrible. The shower is a trickle down the wall which you have to cup your hands against to collect water and throw on yourself. Cleanliness doesn't exist. The room was a chicken coup that stunk of dirty feet and gave no room to move. There is 1 electricity point in the room. Should be illegal

I am a Chef, which means I am awake and leaving before anyone else is aware and returning to the hostel after most are asleep. The lockers make quite a loud noise when opened and closed. I felt very awkward using them, as I was concerned about disturbing the others in my dormitory. Apart from that, a very good value for the service provided.

• 25th Jul 2013

Well, I had a ton of stuff stolen and so did a friend of mine, even tho we locked our stuff up. My room door was generaly still open when I went to enter because it didnt lock properly unless you pulled it closed, so if theres a lazy Person in your room, anyone could just walk right in. my room had no windows and no air conditioning so it was like a Sauna every night and no Ventilation, because the door opened into the hallway wher ethe showers are... so very humid! I dont recommend this hostel!

• 25th Jul 2013