Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Excellent location, a minute away from the tube station, only 4 tube stops to oxford circus. Clean hostel, rooms are very very basic. I was on the top floor (4 flights of stairs, no lift!) Shower is a press button for power which was a bit inconvenient. Value for money though, location is the best thing about this place.

• 28th Nov 2013

This was my first time staying is a hostel so I wasn't sure what to expect. The staff seemed friendly enough & were helpful when I asked, although I thought it was odd to ask for my card key to borrow a fork. What irked me the most was the group partying until 3am both nights, & a very large group checking into my room at 1am one night. Seriously 1 am? People are sleeping or trying to! I did like the curtain on the bed, & the only cleanliness issue was the mold in the shower. Not a bad place

Thank you very much for the good words and your comments. We are sorry for the late check in and partying people but we have no influence on the flights/buses schedules of our guests and we cannot refuse to check in our guests just because they arrive late. About the partying group: we are really sorry. We did our best to keep them quiet. Hope you'll stay with us again. HPI Staff

The atmosphere was a bit filthy, the eating area could be decorated a bit more nicely and ist annoying that you have to go to the reception whenever you need cutlery. The Location of the hostel is perfect and I felt totally save, the houses in the street look very nice, it would be even nicer if the hostel would be a bit redecorated inside .(and the duvets should be washed more often, I had a very stinky one).

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Austria

Good location, good price, short bed, small kitchen, not enough place to sit at the breakfast

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Accomodation in London is expensive but, for such a high price, a private room could offer a little more. Here is what I didn't like: - The sound of the tap/water pumping from the other rooms during all night; - There were no free towels, I guess it is written somewhere, but it is the first time I find a hostel which doesn't offer free towels for private rooms; - Smelly bathroom; - Breakfast was only toast bread w/ jam and butter. Long queue and not a lot of place/atmosphere; - No free lockers!

The hostel is good, but this is expensive in comparation with other hostels in oder cities.

I hated stay in the hostel. This is the worse hostel than I've stayed. The bathroom are terrible, the badroom are very dirt.

Grazie per il suggerimento. Proviamo il nostro meglio per trattare tutti i commenti individualmente per capire il problema e risolverlo tempestivamente. HPI Staff

There aren't enough electric contacts, neither utensils for cooking, the WiFi very bad and the staff could give a balance if my payments. What's happening? Marcelo Cruz

Generally it was good stay. In shared rooms some visitors don't respect the others. It was clean

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Greece

I stayed there for a week and it was very good for sleeping. Not that good for spending time in, slow internet and very few electric plug. So sleep here and spend the day in the city :)

This hostel is by far the dirtiest and filthiest hostel. The showers and bathrooms are the worst I have ever seen. Windows do not open and it stinks like hell in every single room. The kitchen has mice. There are mice in every place in the hostel. Staff are aggressive and not friendly. There are no facilities in the kitchen. Cant use spoons - Had to pay deposit at the reception to get a spoon or a fork to eat. Disaster staying at this hostel. My food in the fridge very often went missing.

Overpriced for what you receive. Kitchen way too small for quest numbers. As such, free breakfast is a joke as you queue for a very long time for access to minimal resources.

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully. Our aim is to supply cheap and affordable accommodation to our guest at unique locations. We also offer free simple continental breakfast to our guests. HPI Staff

I've been staying here twice a year for the past ten years and it's a brilliant hostel. Absolutely the best.

Not the best hostel I've ever been.. it's cheap but always crowded and you have to pay for every extra you ask for (like watching your luggage, witch usually it's not a problem). Also noisy on weekend nights and nobody makes sure people stay quiet (even beyond midnight). Good location, not so good service and feeling. PS: the breakfast is toasts with butter and one type of jam, some CornFlakes with milk, tea and instant coffe. That's it. no cacao, no real coffe.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to supply cheap and affordable accommodation to our guest at unique locations. We also offer free simple continental breakfast to our guests. We are doing the best we can to keep our guests quiet during the night time, though some of our guest don't respect the rules. The prices we offer do not include lockers charges so our customers do not end up paying for things they do not need. HPI Staff

Dirty, small rooms, breakfest was a horribly. Slices of whute toast and a cup of cereals... Plus for all this our room mates were unkind. They didnt respect each other and respect that some of people would like to sleep. Only one good thin was that there was curtains on your bed.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to supply cheap and affordable accommodation to our guest at unique locations. We also offer free simple continental breakfast to our guests. Our housekeeping/cleaning times are between 06:30 am- 23:00. beside of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly. HPI Staff

The stuff are neither friendly nor efficient. Cleanliness is not what it is supposed to be and facilities below average.

We are sorry you got a bad impression abut our staff we take all the comments very seriously. Our housekeeping/cleaning times are between 06:30 am- 23:00. CesidBs of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly. HPI Staff

The location is pretty good, with some shops and fast-food around. The staff is helpful. Unfortunately, I have seen none of them smiling but I can understand it as they have to work under pressure (managing hundred of young people is terrible). The shower is not very clean, unless you go first. The beds are fine, and the breakfast was good. It's the perfect place if you want to get out of your comfort zone. I will definitely try it again! I can't understand why people complain with this price!

So average

Not a bad hostel for what you pay. In a great location. The staff were nice. The beds were fine and if you have no problem sleeping in rooms with lots of other people then it's grand. Each bed has a little curtain at least so you have a little privacy. The facilities were good as well for the price. Cheep and cheerful! Don't go there for a quiet time though. Lots of young people.

Breakfast was on time and plentiful. We were a little discouraged that we only had wifi in the downstairs meeting areas. The beds were marked with nametags, which helped with security. Good location near the underground, but we were able to walk almost everywhere we needed to go. There is a Tesco food store just across the street for convenience. The outside look was a little deceiving, but the room served our purpose. It was obvious the hostel gets a lot of visitors.

• 2nd Nov 2013