Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

the staff did not know what room we were staying in. when we were finally allocated a room there was only one single bed free as oppose to the two beds we had booked. the staff member simply picked up someone's belongings and put them in a corner and said that bed is free. it would of been better if there was more organisation at the hostel. however the included breakfast was ok, it was just lacking in variety. the location of the hostel was its best feature. situated right at Hyde Park.

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. At present we do not allocate beds inside of the dorms. It is up to the guests to choose an available bed. The bed tag you are given then marks it as your bed. Sometimes people spread out and leave items on unused beds so from time to time we need to move these items for arriving guests. Doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

Too tiny roomś

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Hi Thanks for the feedback.

Wi fi should be also in the rooms, and also electrical things- more in every room ;)

Hi, thanks for your review. I guess our reception team weren't able to properly communicate to you that wi-fi is available in the rooms for £1 for 1 day OR in the common areas where it is FREE! We're trying to make sure everyone knows for next time. Hope to see you again. Cheers.

Overall is ok . However, there is no wifi connection in the room and the bathroom not able to lock.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi. Our reception team may not have explained clearly so if we are lucky enough that you should come to stay at any of our Hostels, Wi-fi in the rooms costs £1 for 1 day OR it is FREE in the common areas. Next time if you have any trouble using any of the facilities, please see the friendly reception team who will be more than happy to help. Thanks.

The staff was really umpolite. Almost all of them. I had a cold shower, and they didnt have not even one fork. It was expensive and not good.

I stayed at the Smart Hyde Park Inn for only 2 days and had an overall great experience. The cleanliness and atmosphere were its best qualities. The fun and friendly guests and the atmosphere they created were the prime reason I enjoyed my stay. The location is relatively close to central London where the sightseeing is (Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, London Eye, etc). I will definitely plan on coming back here next time I'm in London and would recommend it to anyone traveling there.

• 26th Jun 2014

Hi there. Thanks so much for the kind words and recommendation. You're welcome back anytime! Cheers.

Try to trick my money

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Terrible hostel. The location is great! Easy to get to center of the city but you have to enjoy a small, damp, chemical smelling, noisy room in the basement with cockroaches crawling on you (no joke). Not a very cooperative or caring staff, not many plugs in rooms (1 in bedroom for 6), fire alarm

The rooms with lots of bed are really small, it is almost not possible to walk properly between the beds. However, the location is good and safe.

We had a good stay at the hostel but there are a few things that could be done to make it a really great stay. You have to pay for lockers under your bed (that take up all the space), the toilets and bathrooms are on different levels for the non en-suite rooms and for a tall person, they would struggle to be able to sit down as they are pretty small. The common areas are good but need more chairs and they need to get people to move away from the doors and windows when smoking downstairs.

Hi. Thank you so much for your review. We always welcome feedback from our valued Guests, especially when you provide constructive criticism. Your comments will be fed back into the relevant management teams so we can continue our process of improvement. Thanks again.

The hostel was under construction during our stay so it wasn't as up-to-par as normal. But our family completely understood that. We still enjoyed our stay very much and the location was very close to an underground station and amazing cafe!

• 24th Jun 2014

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are spending a lot of money on upgrading all of our Hostels and hope you'll enjoy the change if we're lucky enough to see you again! Cheers.

The receptionist was very unhelpful and wanted me to pay 6 pounds to store my luggage after I had already checked in. The toilet was multiple flights of stairs away from the room and the rooms were crowded and stuffy. There seemed to be a lot of extra costs for things like storing valuables etc.

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We are continually adding our Guests comments into our staff training programme.

I have stayed in multiple hostels across Europe and this one was by far the worst. To start, it is a complete scam and they literally charge you for every extra little thing (wifi in the room, locker use, luggage store). Second, it was cramped, smelled terrible, and INFESTED with cockroach-like bugs. I got up in the middle of the night and four giant bugs were scurrying around the floor...disgusting. My standards for hostels are usually pretty low but this place was absolutely awful.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. Our goal is to provide clean, low-cost accommodation in Central London. Our housekeeping team clean day & night for Guests comfort. Also the maintenance team regularly ensure the building is treated for protection against any pests. They have re-treated the premises. BTW we provide free wi-fi in the reception/TV & dining rooms and our luggage storage rates are a very low £2/bag (from check-out until midnight)

While I was there they hosted lots of school groups. They would stand in the halls and talk loudly til quite late. Ear plug solved the problem, but it would have been nice for someone to send them into their rooms. The beds are interesting, three hard wall and a blackout curtain, very like an old train bed. I really liked it, but if you are tall it would have been bad news as they are not full size twin beds. So short folks will be pleased and tall folks will suffer.

Hi there. Thanks for your review, hopefully we'll see you again. Cheers.

the room is quite small despite the location is really good

• 21st Jun 2014
  • China

Hello. Thanks for your review, we hope to see you again.

The place is too expensvie related to the facilities it has: the room was too hot, there ws no space to keep our things and the bathroom was very unconfrtable.

• 20th Jun 2014

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We feed all of these comments back in to the team so that we can try to improve things.

I have stayed there only one night. Lucky me. It was horrible. I felt that I was in a prison. Too many people on a too small surface. Smelly, dirty, no air to breath. I won't recommend at all. The curtain from the beds, for privacy, were from plastic and in the heat from the room you can imagine... 3 level bunked beds... I had the feeling to be in a coffin in my bed in a room of coffins. So bad the experience...

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Had to climb a lot of flights of stairs, but it really isn't that bad. I met some cool people and enjoyed my stay. There was this one rough housing guy there but the police came to take him away. Very satisfactory action taken on that account. Besides that I can find nothing wrong with the hostel. Right next to Hyde Park too as well as the metro station. I had fun watching the World Cup at the hostel too. Plus they have free wifi downstairs. Also upstairs but there's a limit or something.

• 19th Jun 2014

Hi there. Thanks for the review. We hope you backed Germany! Cheers

Good value for money. If you are only looking for a cheap place to sleep - I highly recommend. But otherwise crowded and loud. Had to wait for bathroom and breakfast for quite some time.

Hi. Thanks for your comments, we hope to see you again.

No life is a major problem of the hostel and also no hot water for my shower

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is valued and we'll look in to the points you mention. Our hot water service is usually fairly good but we'll have the maintenance team check it out so that it doesn't happen again in the future. Cheers.