Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

I would always go back here. I wouldn't recommend staying in a 10bed dorm but the 4 or 6bed dorms are just fine, clean and there's enough space to store your luggage. Breakfast is simple but probably what most people would eat anyway, plus if you want to upgrade it with anything special you can just buy your own stuff and leave it in the fridge. Excellent location with supermarkets and tube stations just around the corner. It's also a great place to meet people. You'll neve feel alone here.

Hi there! Thank you very much for a positive comment and appreciating our location. We do our best to offer a great service.

The hostel is good located for a reasonable price. Clean rooms and bathrooms ... only the intervall of the private showers are very short and the temperature control of the water is not available and the water could be very very hot (..and cold) .. maybe choosin' a a room wihtout an own shower is the better way to book!

Hi, Thank you for your comment and your appreciation for our bathrooms and attention to cleanliness. We are continuously seeking ways of improving our hostel's quality, and so will be considering your valuable comments about the showers.

Old building, bad atmosphere, staff that doesn't care about working fast. Don't worth the money

• 17th Apr 2014

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are located in a beautiful listed building so it is difficult for us to make big changes. Our staff works the fastest possible without compromising on the quality of service. We offer affordable accommodation fro budget-minded travellers in a perfect location.

Good location, near to the subway station and next to restaurants, market, stores etc. The restrooms are tiny and dirty. The rooms are ok, but they could be larger, they are small and uncomfortable.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

We are continuously seeking ways of improving our hostel's quality, and so will be considering your valuable comments, though we are concerned you found the quality of the cleanliness below the standards we normally ensure to meet. Our housekeeping/cleaning times are between 06:30 am- 23:00. Besides of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly.

When I arrived, I thought it would be a good experience seeing as the location is good. But inside was a bit of a nightmare. Everything was cramped and not clean. For a twenty person room there was only a single bathroom to share with the sink on the inside of the room. Furthermore, the wifi could only be accessed in certain parts of the hostel. Also, I didn't appreciate the additional charges that were not mentioned on the site, like the cost of security boxes and the like.

• 15th Apr 2014

We want to offer affordable accommodation for budget-minded travellers in a perfect location. We offer a variety room types for every budget. We are concerned you found the quality of the cleanliness below the standards we normally ensure to meet. We would have hoped you could have raised these issues with either our receptionist or even the manager. Free Wi-Fi is available in all common areas and for the access in the rooms we charge £1 per 24 hours.

Fine hostel. Smart hostels have generic curtain bunk beds. In this one they seemed newer and generally cleaner. The staff was also accommodating considering I was very unprepared at check in. 10 pound deposit in cash required fyi.

The location is a good place to stay for London explorers. It is walking distance to portobella market and nearby tube stations are bayswater which connects to major central line and northern line stations. The entrance to hostel is not welcoming and doesn't give the atmosphere of a hostel but a shisha place to be precisely. The sharing rooms are not hygienic at all and their showering facilities is absolutely terrible. Overall poor value for money.

• 12th Apr 2014

Thank you for your comment and we are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. ur housekeeping/cleaning times between 06:30 am- 23:00. beside of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly.

-No wi-fi in the room only in public area -Dirty and smell so bad in the room -Extra charge for every piece of the luggage storage after check out

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate your feedback. The Wi-Fi is free in the common areas but for he access in the rooms we charge £1 per 24hours. We can assure you that cleaning is our priority. Our housekeeping times are between 06:30 am- 23:00. Besides of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly.

The reception lady was pretty unfriendly, but not directly unfair. There are extra prices for literally everything, like £5 for a towel that you have to buy. The breakfast sucks like you would expect it to. The beds in the dorm have their own curtain, this is really nice, as you can leave your non-expensive valuables behind it (and save the locker-price). At your own risk of course.. Location adds up for much though.

We are sorry that our staff came across as unfriendly. We try to provide the best service possible. Thank you for appreciating our perfect location. We focus on providing affordable accommodation for budget-minded travellers in superb locations.

WORST HOSTEL I have ever stayed in! We were packed in like sardines, with limited amount of shower facilities for the amount of people. To many people, reception area with consistently was busy with people checking in. If you want to use the kitchen you have to be escorted to the cupboard where a limited amount of kitchen equipment can be scrapped together. The internet is appalling and have to question the owners intentions. You can pay extra for internet services in the rooms - questionable!

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. Wi-Fi is completely free in the common areas but we charge £1 per 24hours for the Wi-Fi in the rooms.

There was two power outlets in a 20 bed room. They were both damaged. The staff was useless. The place was dirty. The internet didn't work. I will never recommend it

We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are undergoing a refurbishment and there will be a power socket next to every bed. We were changing Internet provider at the time of your stay so we were experiencing connectivity problems, again, we are sorry for this inconvenience.

nice hostel and very nice staff

• 3rd Apr 2014

I personally think that the price is too high for the quality of stay I got at Smart Hyde Park Inn. This is my first time sleeping in a triple bunk bed and I wouldn't say that it was a very pleasant experience. The vertical space between the one bunk bed and the other on top is so small that I couldn't even straighten my back when trying to sit upright on my bed. The complimentary breakfast was way too simple. I'd expected more food variety and something better.

We are sorry you weren't satisfied with our service. Our aim is to supply cheap and affordable accommodation to our guest at unique locations. We also offer free simple continental breakfast to our guests. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget.

The rooms were too small for the amount of beds. Need more space because people just had their stuff lying around and there was no room to walk around.

Thank you for your review. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location.

Great location. Short beds though. Very nice kitchen and common room.

Thanks so much! Hope to see you again soon.

Lack of cleanliness in kitchen and constant construction of building made facility fail to meet expectations based on the online reviews.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for your feedback and we are really sorry for all the inconvenience caused by the refurbishment.

Felt insecure at night when random people would stand on the porch and harass girls. Security was better during the week when less guests were there, but the weekends it seemed like people would were not guests hung around the lobby. Bathrooms in ensuites were kept clean which was nice but the placeholder for the guest card on some of the bunks were broken off. Also extremely strange that you couldnt use wifi other than in the lobby and there were days in which the wifi didnt work.

• 15th Mar 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into all your comments. Good security is our priority and we are surprised to hear that. We have a free Wi-Fi in the common areas and for the access in the room our guests have to pay £1 per 24 hours. Also we are undergoing a refurbishment so little things like card holders will be fixed shortly.

The hostel is located in very nice area and it is kind of close to the city center, very close to lovely Hyde Park! Generally the hostel is nice. Beds are very comfortable. Prices are good as for London! I recommend this place. Only one problem is the small in rooms... a bit humid or something like that, but with time you used to stand it ;)

Thank you for a good review! Now you can follow us on Facebook to get the best offers!

Good location, TV room, kitchen, free wifi And staff nice and helpfull

• 7th Mar 2014

Thanks so much for the good words!

Staff didn't tell us we had to change rooms. Upon arriving to the hostel I found my belongings scattered around the lobby. They proceeded to yell at me, call me a lair, and keep my deposit after I apologized over and over but explained that I was unaware I had to switch rooms.

Thank you for your feedback. We have procedure of bed tags. Each customer checks in we give him/her bed tags with useful information such as date of the departure, room number etc. So, it’s clear at the check in when they check out or change room. We apologize if you didn't like the way this situation was handled but I am sure our staff did not yell at you. Hope you will stay with us again and have a better experience.