Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

With this hostel, you get what you pay for. The location, beds, and common areas are excellent but the hallways, bathrooms, and rooms are very small. This hostel is basically a maze of doors, but it was fun to explore! The kitchen and other basement areas were always full of people cooking, eating, and willing to talk. Met a lot of cool people! If you're looking for a longer stay, I'd choose somewhere else, but for a night or two this is an excellent hostel!

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Backpacker experience after your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very clean place, the only down side is they have a very modern but small Kitchen, only 4 stove hob for a hostel over 500 ppl. I find that very inconvenient and a bit not user friendly. Also you need to pay for storing your stuff in your own room, which I think that's a bit too money greedy. Beside that everything is good and Defo good for an overnight stay as it is very cheap and in a good spot

Hi and thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. The rates we offer does not include certain extras as the majority of our guests won't choose to use them and in this way they are not being charged for a service they won't use. Thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

The hostel has two main problems, for me: 1- not having plug sockets near the beds in the rooms, so you have either to spend time in the hostel to charge your phone/other gadgets or leave your phone/gadget charging in one of the few sockets in the room during the night, far from you; and 2- having keycard-only lockers for which you have to pay daily, so even if you have a padlock you can't use it.

Most importantly the staff are very helpful and they are very professional when dealing with customers.

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Like us on Facebook to keep up with everythung going on in London and at our hostels. We hope we will see you again soon!

My stay was brilliant as usual.There is always a vibrant buzz about the place.It is always good to stay in a clean and orderly environment.Most importantly the staff where very warm and accomodating as usual.

This place is nice enough. The staff is nice and helpful. It's situated next to a station on the central tube line. However there is no hot water in the showers (which can't be locked (!) only closed) and the toilet cubicles are so tiny that sitting down your knees almost touch the door (I'm only 1m66). There were only two power points in my room (12 bed dorm) which was a disaster. If you want to use a locker it's extra. I payed ca. 250 € for 6 nights (New Years) which it was noot worth.

Reception staff could not be bothered to explain, let alone show, the facilities which was not a nice welcome. The common areas weren't very inviting or comfortable (noisy TV vs. chilly) but the worst thing was the atrocious smell of the detergent. Also free WIFI was not available in my room, only in the (uncomfortable) common areas in the basement. so down there everyone was on their phones / laptops while they could and did not talk much

Well run and fairly relaxed hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Like us on Facebook to keep up with everything going on in London and at our hostels. We hope we will see you again soon.

It was a room with 16 people, mess and bad smell.. had just 2 electric outlet for this room, hostel dont provide adapter , need to pay for the locker and for leave the bags after check out, cold room , small bed. Positive - free little breakfast , location

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Since in a hostel a lot of people come and go daily, we try to keep the place as clean as possible. But it can happen that a backpacker travelling around the world ends up in a shared dorm and his/her small pair of shoes can leave quite an impression. We are looking to upgrade our beds to include personal power sockets! We hope if you come back you will see the positive improvement this will make.

Very good staff but no cutlery or things to use in the kitchen

Hello and thank you for your feedback, Our friendly receptionists work continuously to ensure guests are made welcome. We always have plenty of spare cutlery available for guests. During your next visit with us please speak with our reception team who will be able to resolve any issues that are not to your liking, we hope you visit us again soon.

Showers on the top floor didn't work at all. The curtains on the beds in the 20 bed room are hellish pvc bullshit. The 20 person room reeks of festering ass and there's no window. I was only staying for a night so the front desk guy graciously bumped me up to the 8 person room, which had a window, but still, bleh. Lockers are under the beds and cost two pounds a night, so that's why I rated security "average," although your whole suitcase won't fit unless it's the size of a small backpack.

I didn't enjoy my stay at your hostel, because it didn't smell good, it was to warm and to stuffy, not nice to breethe. The place to rest, read a book, eat and cook was way to small and smelly, that we didn't want to be there and went outside to read a book untill it was time to sleep. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't co,me again.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Backpacker experience after your recent stay. To improve ventilation we are installing safety bars for the windows into all of our hostels to remove the restriction of window openings. We are positive this will be a msassive improvement for the ventillation problem in our rooms.

Was ok for the price. only needed a bed and a shower, breakfast was a mess as there were loads of people and two toasters but hey ho. You get what you pay for, cleaning ladies clean every day.

• 19th Dec 2014

Hello and thank you for your review. We offer an-all-you-can-eat basic breakfast which includes fresh toast, cereal, tea and coffee. We provide this service free of charge for our valued guests. Our wonderful cleaning staff work all day long to ensure the hostel is clean and hygenic! Rooms are cleaned daily and public bathrooms are cleaned hourly!

Still very good . I've been there before.

Hello and thank you for your comments, we are always happy to receive positive comments. Thank you for choosing us for your stay. Come back and visit again soon.

Like the curtains on the beds.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback, we are always glad to receive such comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you seeing you again soon.

I warmly recommend it .

Hello and thank you for your feedback, we are always happy to receive positive comments. Don't forget to like our Facebook page for the latest news and special offers. We look forward to your next stay with us.

My friend and I were staying in twin private with en suite bathroom. The room itself was clean, as was the adjoining bathroom, however I found the overall hostel lacking in cleanliness and that to me is a huge factor. For example, the staircase and breakfast room I found looked dirty. The lobby wasn't welcoming although that may be because building works were being carried out. Have stayed in other hotels prior to this with same price range, this was a disappointment in comparison.

Hello and thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you were happy with the room offered and our standards of cleanliness. Our wonderful housekeepers work tirelessly to ensure the Hostel is kept clean for customer use. During your next visit should you find the cleanliness not up to your standards please speak with our friendly Reception team who will be able to rectify any issues. We are currently refurbishing all our hostels to improve our overall level of service to our guests.

Very good! The staff was very gentle, nice and helpfull. The bathrooms was always clean, what it's rare in some hostels around the world. My only complain is about has to pay for the lockers and wi fi in the bedrooms, this is really really bad. I think it's a facility that every hostel should offer (and the most of them really do!). But, att all, it's a really nice place to stay in London.

• 7th Dec 2014

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback! We are happy you were pleased with our cleaning standards, our housekeepers work tirelessly to maintain facilities to the best of their ability. During your next visit please enquire with our friendly Receptionists about our free Wi-Fi service. Our aim is to provide clean budget-conscious accommodation, the rates don't include certain extras; as the majority of our guests do not use them, meaning they are exempt for services not received.

The staff are extremely friendly and very professional.There is a nice and clean communal area for eating washing TV or browsing the web with free WiFi access.A place to definately recommend to friends.

Thank you for your positive feedback, it is always nice to receive such comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our housekeepers work tirelessly to maintain high standards of cleanliness for our guests. Don't forget to like us on Facebook for the latest news and special offers, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very good for a quick stay, excellent location and helpfull staff. The only thing that I though was a bit exagerated was the single bathroom for a room with 9 people, even if it was private it was way too many people for that one bathroom. Specially women... if you know what I mean.