Smart Hyde Park Inn Reviews

48 - 50 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Of all the hostels i've visited this hostel has the nicest receptionists by far! :-)

We think you're pretty wonderful too! Thanks

Wonderful friendly hostel. Always kept clean. Lots of different nationalities staying. Great staff. Really its them more than anything else at this hostel that keeps me coming back. It would be nice if there was a book shelf for book exchange. :-)

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback. Our reception team are continually receiving training on customer service and care. We are really happy you enjoyed the manner of our team. We'll pass your great idea of a book exchange on to the relevant people. Cheers for that.

It has been really good to be there! The room was a bit small but enough for two people. We were pleased with the cleaning conditions and there were no noises or any further inconvenients. Congratulations!!!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. We hope we will see you again!

The place had a funky smell

Hi. Thanks for staying with us and for the review. Our wonderful cleaning staff work all day long to ensure the hostel is clean and hygienic! Rooms are cleaned daily and public bathrooms are cleaned hourly! Hopefully it's just a case of them going a little overboard with one of the cleaning products. If you notice it again next time you're staying, please let the Reception team know and they'll check it out.

The manager and staff where very professional in executing their duties as usual.The whole atmosphere in the hostel was boisterous.Everyone wants to stay in a clean environment.Smart hyde park inn never disappoints when it comes to cleanliness.The rooms right down to the toilets,shower rooms, hallways ,kitchen as well as the t.v/eating areas is always clean.For me its a real priviledge to stay in this environment where everywhere is clean and everyone is all smiles.

Wow! Thanks so much for the amazing review. We hope to see you again really soon. Cheers

Possibly the best hostel in London - the best thing was the friendly atmosphere, almost feels like a family after staying for a few days. Staffs members are always charming and helpful, thumbs up to the manager for that! I met some lovely people here during my stay. If only there could be 2 microwaves instead one and the central heating cooled down a bit, it would absolutely perfect!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Mauritius

Wow! Thanks for the feedback. Of course you are welcome back at any time :)

Great Hostel, great staff very friendly. The only things I could recommend make the breakfast place bigger so that everyone can sit. And the shower had a very small range for spreading water and it go's out to soon.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We hope we will see you again!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was nervous because I needed to get to Stansted Airport (almost 2 hours away) extremely early in the morning and I didn't know how to get there but someone at the front desk knew exactly what I needed to do. Close to underground, slightly dirtier than most hostels I've stayed at, smelled of bleach, wifi never worked, also the people in my room were rude and slammed the door and turned the lights on at all hours.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Hostels by definition are a place for sharing. Thankfully most of our wonderful Guests remember this and take into consideration their fellow Guests. Every now and then some people need reminding though. Next time you stay with us, please, If the wi-fi (or anything else) is not working or in need of attention, see the friendly reception team (at the time) and they will do their best to rectify the matter.

The rooms, bathrooms and kitchen is very poor.

We found four cockroaches, dirty sheets, compresses with blood under some mattreses, food in our beds...the floor of our roon was always sticky. We reported all of this things, the stuff just stared at us with pokerface and shriked their shoulders like: "your problem. Not mine" So, a super bad stay.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Spain

The worst hostel. Staffs were so rude and unhelpful to us. When we were seeking help from them, they seemed not willing to answer and sent us away. We were informed to changed the room on the second day. The room was really in a poor condition. There was no fresh air in the room, I felt like can't breath. When we reported the problem and sickness to the staff, they were intolerant of our request. We really had the worst experience in London while staying at this hostel.

Very conveniently located, close to underground station and supermarket. Rooms are very crowded and the hostel smells of bleach.

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We have different types of dormitories available to suit different types of travellers. Our lovely housekeeping team work tirelessly to ensure the hostel remains clean and hygienic We hope to see you again!

The location was excellent. We hadstayed in the area before so thats why we chose this hostel. The facilities were poor, it was very cramped in our dorm room, with 11 people in a narrow hall, not what we really expected. There were also only 2 sockets in our room, so plugging in electricals was difficult; bring an extension! The ensuite bathroom was to a good standard and the breakfast was good :) Overall it was good for a few days in London, but not any longer!

the room is too small for 12 beds

It was clean, close to a the underground and hyde park. Breakfast was simple but alright! But i'm a quiete tall person, so the bank bed was a bit to tiny for me. And the walls are a bit thin, so you could hear what was going on over nigjt in the house. There was a group of young spanish people who were running around all the time and i felt tje vibrations even when i was in bed.

Hello and thank you for your review. Our bunks were chosen to suit guests up to 5ft 10 which is taller than the average. We are currently looking in to extending this for the added comfort of our guests. We apologise for your noisy neighbours. Our night staff do their best to ensure all our guests get a good nights sleep. For future reference, please inform our reception team who will be able to manage such issues promptly on your behalf.

For the most part, I thought the hostel was a fair deal. It was right next to Hyde Park, and very close to the Underground, which was helpful. I'd suggest using that, though, instead of walking- seeing as most of the tourist destinations are around an hour's walk away (that said, if you CAN walk that, you should, at least once. The walk is beautiful). Another hint I wish I'd have known is that the 20 bedrooms are the cheapest for a reason. It was the perfect place to sleep, but that's it.

Hello and thank you for your valuable review. Our aim is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in central London. Don't forget to like our Facebook page to receive the latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome anytime!

Nice place, staff great, wifi free in room Very good

• 14th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Hostels experience after your recent stay. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the very latest news, offers and photos. You're welcome anytime!

비위생적이고. 화장실은 복도에 따로있고 샤워실 문은 잠기지도 않았음. 조식은 시리얼과 식빵. 계단뿐이라 무거운 짐은 옮기기 힘들 것 같음. 이돈주고 다른데 가서 자고 싶음. 밤에 방애들 떠듬

Thank you for your feedback and rating especially for the staff. I will be sure to pass on your compliments, especially to Carla who checked you in. for future reference, our reception is open 24/7, please come anytime to inform us whether there are any issues with the toilet/ shower/room being not being up to standard. Our lovely housekeeping team are ready to help. All our showers/toilets have a lock. We have recently updated our breakfast menu. We hope to see you again.

Smart Hyde Park Inn seemed reasonably priced for the location and facilities provided. I was incredibly disappointed with my experience/the price paid at this hostel. The rooms were very unsanitary. When I first walked in, the comforter on my bed was crumpled up at the bottom of the bed...someone had clearly just slept there and no one bothered to even come in to fold the blanket, let alone wash it. The bathrooms were disgusting and my friends and I all took freezing cold showers. Not satisfied.

• 26th Feb 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We have listened to your comments and relayed them to the relevant departments. For future reference, our team are all highly trained to deal with any potential issues that may arise and are available for our valued guests 24/7. Our hostel has recently undergone a major renovations and maintenance programme. We hope if you come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made.

The highest beds were really difficult to use. We also had problems with showers. In some of them we couldn't lock the doors, and we also had a problem with the water supply once. Also, there was not enough mugs, so better bring it with you if you want a hot drink in the evening. But I did really love the hostel stuff ^_^.

Hello and thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologise for the aspects of your stay that fell below your expectations. For future reference, please report any such findings to our Reception desk, who will be happy to assist you in such matters they are available to our guests on a 24/7 basis and are only too happy to help. We hope to see you again soon.