Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

Everything yery satisfactory - good location, good price, friendly staff. Reccomendable!

• 26th Mar 2015

Hostel is nicely located, 5mn walk from Lancaster gate undeground station. The rooms are clean and we were lucky not to be with noisy roommates (6-bed mixed dorm). However, I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast; only bread & butter, some range of cereals but no fruit, no hot milk, no chocolate powder or yoghurt. The orange juice is disgusting - actually it is just water with added powder. Improvements could be made on breakfast, even if we should not expect a lot with a room at that price.

• 7th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We offer an-all-you-can-eat basic breakfast, it includes toast, cereals, teas and coffees. We provide this service free of charge for our valued guests. We regret our breakfast service was not to your satisfaction on this occasion. We continuously monitor our performance to improve our standards of service. We hope if you come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made.

Someone knocked at our doors at 6:30am. We was scared, but the guy of the reception help us quickly.

Good location and facilities but limited plug sockets. Good job i brought an extention lead with me!

Hello and thank you for your valuable review. We are actively working on increasing the number of power sockets in every room to supply enough service to everyone. We hope if you come back you will see the positive improvements we have made. We hope to see you again.

Pretty good, close to Hyde park, if your over 6ft the beds are too short, in room wifi is not so great.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Our bunks were chosen to suit guests up to 5ft 10 which is taller than the average; however, we are currently looking in to extending this for the added comfort of our guests. We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the improvements we have made.

Safe deposit box not working, shower water so slow and staff impolite its the bad from our opinion! But the point of the structure is good and the value for money is decent! At the end a good compromise.

• 24th Feb 2015

Hello, thank you for your review. Our maintenance staff starts at 08:00 am and finish at 17:00. For future reference any maintenance issues can be reported to receptionists by guests, once received they will be dealt with promptly.

Other than the location the best thing about this hostel is the staff. Very friendly and helpful both when checking in and checking out early the next day. Bunks could be a little longer though.

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our convenient and central locations. Our Team are all highly trained and are there purely for the added comfort and security of our guests. They are available 24/7 and can manage any issues promptly and efficiently. Our bunks were chosen to suit guests up to 5ft 10 which is taller than the average; however, we are currently looking in to extending this for the comfort of our valued guests.

Good hostel, rich breakfast if you are in a double bed room, clean bathrooms. Good location in the Zone 1 of London. The price is not so cheap because it is London, but it is reasonable. the wifi only works in the common areas and I had a problem there, because I had only two notes of £50 with me, and they said these 'old notes' would not be accepted. So I had to pay by card. My luck was because my English bank was not too far away, and I went there to change these notes.

Hi. Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As for the £50 old notes, retailers and some banks can refuse to accept old £50 notes, due that they no longer have legal tender status. We apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused you. Hope to see you again!

Enjoyed my stay for a week, great place, great location.

Thank you for review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please like or Facebook page to check our latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

Really friendly welcoming hostel, very secure with lockable safe in rooms.

• 14th Feb 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are glad to learn that we were able to assist you. The charges/deposit would have been told you when making the booking. We are trying to make the accommodation charges simple and affordable for our guests. Should you choose to pay with a debit/credit card then these charges are imposed by our bank. The £10 deposit is refundable to you on check out. We hope to see you again soon. Shpv Team.

Price is quite high in my opinion, but that might just be London. There is too little space in the dorms or too many beds.. The beds are rather small and the air in the dorm I stayed in was very bad. A system to get fresh air in is definitely needed. Breakfast (standard) was just toast, butter and jam plus tea and coffee. Also I had to pay extra for a locker and also sheets I think. Maybe all that is common for London (high price, low value), but I had hoped for more.

• 13th Feb 2015

Hello, Thank you for your review. We offer cheap accommodation for low budget travelers for very good locations. The prices we offer do not include lockers and towel charges. Most of our customers do not need to use them therefore, they do not end up paying extra for things they do not need. The charges/deposit would have been explained when you made the booking. We are installing window fans in every room to maintain good ventilation. Please come back and see our positive improvements soon.

It's very nice, clean, quie place. Stayed in private room. TV, clean shower and bathroom. I have seen 4dorm too, nice

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page, for the latest news, photos and offers. We hope to see you again soon!

you can use wifi only common are it's stupid rule and the breakfeast is different between private room customers and shared room custemers also this stupid rule

Hi there Thank you for your feedback. We are currently adding routers in the upper floors to offer Wi-Fi access in the upper floors. Slow internet only occurs when several guests are downloading incredibly large files such as high resolution images (and even films) at the same time. It's very tricky to go around this regardless of how many gadgets we install.

Excellent value for money given the location (and for an ensuite room). Friendly staff and very good breakfast! Keep it up!

Hi, Thank you for your review, We are glad you chose to stay with us when you were in London! Hope to see you back sometime soon.

A kitchen would be good

• 24th Jan 2015

Room was too small to be a 9 bed dorm, no kitchen, mediocre breakfast, free wifi only in common areas, good hot water, nice staff at reception. Not horrible, but not the best hostel I've stayed in.

Hi Thank you for your feedback We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location.

I don't recommend this hostel. I've been a lot of hostel and this one is the first that I really didn't like. They don't have wi-fi at bedrooms, you have to pay for that, I paid for it but even paying the internet is extremely bad. They charge for everything, if you need to use the lock, you have to pay as well. The worst thing is the bedroom, If you really need to go to this hostel, don't go to the bedroom 308 and 309. They are really narrow and tiny. These bedrooms should be in the max 2 peopl

too crowed in the nine people room.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good location, next to Hyde Park and Queensway tube station. Staff is o.k. Unfortunately, we - me and my friend - stayed with annoying people in our room (three french guys), but nothing really bad related to the hostel itselfs. The bathroom wasn't really clean (bathtub was a bit dirty) and beds made lot of noise during the night. Furthermore, the kitchen is poorly equipped.

Hi and thank you for your feedback. We have signs displayed throughout our hostel informing guests of our quiet hours (between 10pm and 6am). Our night staff do try their hardest to ensure everyone gets a good night sleep by asking guests to adhere to these quiet hours. Our wonderful cleaning staff work all day long to ensure the hostel is clean and hygenic! Rooms are cleaned daily and public bathrooms are cleaned hourly!

I had a good stay in this hostel. The breakfast is included and u can repeat it. I met a lot of people there. The beds are small so if u r tall is a little uncomfortable but in general is a good hostel. There are a blond guy and one spanish girl in the reception who helped us a lot....thanks

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Backpacker experience after your recent stay. We offer an-all-you-can-eat basic breakfast which includes toast, cereal, tea and coffee. Our bunks were chosen to suit guests up to 5ft 10 which is taller than the average; however we are currently looking at extending this for the comfort of our guests!

« first « Prev 1 2 3