Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

Room plain but clean and comfortable. Bathroom had a bath which is a bonus.

Good Location. The 6 bed dorms are quite small, the toilet inside is not very clean.They don't rent towels, you have to buy them. The beds are too close, claustrophobic feeling inside. Expensive choice for what they offer.

It is not located in an appropriate place for visitors because it is far from important touristic attractions in London. It takes even 20 minutes from hostel to Oxford Street so i did not like walking too much between Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar , Big Ben and Hostel. In addition to this , I did not have bedding pack at the first night of stay and i did not know which bed was reserved for me. I spent 2 days and since everybody could sleep any bed he likes , When i came to hostel for the second

Nice hostel with excellent, helpful staff. Recommendable! :)

I stayed at this hostel for three days and had a really bad time. The room was never properly cleaned, the staff was rude and they made me pay extra to get a small locker in the room and expected me to just leave the rest of my luggage unguarded in the room. There was a high school staying at the hostel as well and there was a lot of noise (door slamming, shouting, running) which the staff did nothing about, both late at night and early morning. Very overpriced for what you get.

Good hostel with really nice staff, the girls in the mornings are really helpful giving good directions and nice places for lunch, they upgraded my booking from 9 to 6 beds dorm. I will come back soon, cheers!!

• 5th Sep 2014

Thank you for review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our reception team are continually receiving training on customer service and care. We are so glad to have this positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you again!

The stay at the Smart Hyde Park View was less pleasant. The beds are to small for a regular size person, are located in the basement, wich is basicly ok if you could get a little air in. The ensuite bathroom was "cleaned" every day, which was nice. The breakfast was an uninspiring choice of one cereal, hot water, toast and two big bowls with jam and butter. "But a feast is a feast" The Location overall had no activities, no cider, but was close to a subway station and to lots of restraunts...

Great location, very clean ensuite bathrooms. Breakfast included (w/b bread with margarine and jam and cornflakes with milk). Staff are friendly. Only minus points I can think of: - bunk beds are a bit small, if one is > 180cm long one cannot lie down fully straight it seems. I met one tall guy who moved hostel for this reason. - some bunk beds are three (3) high instead of two - some people smoke outside and the smoke can go into the room or in the common/coffee area on ground

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our central locations and budget-friendly clean accommodation. We offer a free all-you-can-eat basic breakfast includes fresh toast, cereal and tea and coffee. We are pleased you enjoyed this complementary service. Our bunks were chosen to suit guests up to 5ft10 which is taller than the average, however we are currently looking extending this for the comfort of our guests! We hope to see you again!

No towels for us. come on! I think most people would like a shower and to have the only option being to buy a very expensive towel I think it just rude. The staff was very night. The rooms were very tight and crowded. There wasn't even a place to dry your hands in the bathroom. This place literally is just a bed and some weak breakfast. I think the location is great but thats about the best part. The staff was okay too.

Hello. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We advise our backpackers to bring their own towels, however if by chance you haven't packed one, we sell them for £5 at reception.

I recommend it, really good and the staff was really friendly. Not so expensive for a good location. Close to the tube making easier to get anywhere.

• 18th Aug 2014

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. You are welcome back any time :)

Global expérience was all right, but the breakfast is poor as the internet connection. The neibourhood is really Nice tho!

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. We hope to see you again :)

I booked this hostel for a group of 24 girl guides - the facilities are OK, good location, staff was helpful to a large extent. Breakfast is OK (includes cereal, milk, toast, butter and jam). Generally the place is very small. The rooms are extremely small and the size of the en-suite bathrooms serving 6-9 people rooms needing to get ready at the same time are tiny. I appreciated the fact that there was a separate dining area for under 18, however, this area was still too small.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Egypt

Thank you for choosing for your group to stay with Smart Backpackers! Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. We hope you stay with us again.

Overall a good experience for 1 night. Negative is that they at the end of your stay you need to bring your own linen back down to reception, which is really inconvenient when the lift doesn't go to your floor and you have to bring down 4 peoples linen as I was the last to leave (the other 3 left at 4am) and they didn't tell us this when we checked in. Breakfast was nothing special.

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. We hope we will see you again!

Great and very clean but loud. Also quite a few additional expenses.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Many thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope to see you again! Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. One way to keep the prices down is to have "User pays" for some extras like the luggage room. Having said that, we provide free wi-fi in the reception/TV & dining rooms and our luggage storage rates are a very low £2/bag (from check-out until midnight)

The room and hostel itself were very good. Nice clean room, excellent location. The staff however were rubbish. I can't decide whether the man at the desk was incredibly rude or ridiculously incompetent. Eithet way he took about 15 mins to check us in. I tried to pay by card, put my PIN in then was told it was broken but he refused to give me a receipt. Had to then pay cash and it took 3 attempts of asking to get a receipt from him them.

• 1st Aug 2014

Hello and thanks for taking the time to write your review. We have passed you comments on to the management team so they may address any training issues.

The only good thing of this hostel was the location. Go only if you can deal with an overcrowded room with nine beds and just one bathroom with poor cleanliness standards.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. Our housekeeping team clean day & night for Guests comfort, but facilities are only ever as clean as the last person who used them. We will try to do more however. Next time could we suggest a smaller dorm, sometimes the larger ones aren't for every one. Cheers

Don't expect anything fancy for breakfast, get there early the dinning room fills up fast.

Hello and thanks for the advice. We hope you had a great time in London!

Can not sleep ... beats the door woke me up at intervals of 15 minutes ... the noise from the bar was unbearable ... until 2 o'clock in the morning there is no possibility to sleep ... does not have, even a fan to soften the noise. Complained at rcepção and told me it was anyway and could do nothing. In my room possessed a safe in each room that is good (my room was double). Again stayed in a hostel on the same street one and it was cheaper and organized. Choose another hostel ...

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. We ask guests to keep the noise to a minimum from 10PM every night plus the bar area stops serving alcohol at midnight, so we will look in to why it was so noisy for you.

This hostel was nice place to stay in London. It is in a good location just next to the Hyde park and close to the centre - you can either walk through the park or take a bus to go there. Rooms are small, of course, but it's everywhere in England;) The staff was really nice, always helpful when we needed something. Moreover when they found out they charged us more money for staying, they let us know and gave us back the amount we payed more. Thank you:)

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello and thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again! Cheers

Dorm Room is really steamy and hot really small room with really many people

Hi and thanks for your feedback. The recent high temperatures have highlighted our need to work on the ventilation, which we are. Hopefully if you come back you will see the difference.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4