Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

Small beds. Make your own bed. Very poor breakfast (although inclusive), only toast and one cereal. Internet didn't work in room (at basement level). Nothing great about it.

The room was Ok. Actually we didn't expect more than we had seen in the pictures. We were 6 friends and took a room for the 6 of us and the bathroom inside it. The bathroom had small ants and different insects. The breakfast wasn't good at all. The location is great and it's very well communicated. The price is not high taking in account that we are talking about London, but the hostel really needs remodelling.

• 15th May 2015
  • Spain

Very nice hostel in an excellent location. The rooms are a good size with a shower in each one. The only fault would be the lack of sockets. There is a wide variety of nationalities that stay there so it's great for meeting new people. The staff were extremely helpful, no matter what hour of the day, or night it is. Very friendly atmosphere and would definitely stay here again. Not to mention the wonderful prices.

• 15th May 2015

Very smallsmall room for 9 people. Not clean. Someone took mymy comforter, and reception did have a replacement. Very cheap, good for emergencies.

• 13th May 2015

Hostel is clean though basic. I like the privacy curtains around each bunk. Refurbished rooms have a toilet/shower pod which is small but clean. each bunk has its own electricity socket which is useful. Staff not exactly friendly and smiling but they are helpful.

I only stayed here for one night and didn't have a good experience. The room was really dirty, the sink didn't have soap, and the bathroom was dirty enough for me to not take a shower at all when staying here. Also, triple bunk beds are a bit scary.

Everything was really ok. We arrived around 12 o clock, (like we told them beforehand...) but they said the room was not ready before 14, but they did a double check, and the room was actually ready. So that was good.

• 8th May 2015
  • Norway

When I was there (may 2015) the lockers under the bed did not work, so we had nowhere to store our bags. The hostel was used by schools from other countries for like a spring trip for last year students, so very annoying. They have 3 stores high beds, you end up 6 people in three3, so the room is packed, especially since the lockers didn't work...

• 2nd May 2015
  • Norway

The room was too small to lodge 6 guests because the living space was limited. No wardrobes were available, but under the beds were present drawers of doubtful hygiene and available only with fee.The bathroom missed power outlets and clothes hanger. 2 power outlets for 6 guests aren’t enough.

More outlets for charging would be nice. I was running on low battery power the whole trip

• 30th Apr 2015

Poor breackfast

The guy who checked me in took what felt like a lifetime to complete the simple task of checking me in. I didn't know triple bunk beds even existed. Was a little scary sleeping in them. The shower taps were faulty so I got blasted with boiling hot water. There aren't any charging ports near the beds. The beds are comfy and the linen is clean. I got a decent sleep, it's a quiet kind of hostel. The location is excellent with the lovely Hyde park and easy to access the rest of London.

• 24th Apr 2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased you found our location setting met with your expectations. We are also very proud of our central and convenient locations. For future reference, we have different types of dormitories to suit different travellers, depending on their budget. Thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

The bed wasn`t ready before I got there, with blanket`s duvet from the last customer (I guess). This gives the impression that the hostel staff relied on that the last customer left it tidy, it shouldn`t be this way. The staff even didn`t gave me new ones at first moment, I had to ask for them and replace them myself. Suggestion: The room in the hall of the hostel seems too busy (from my point of view) maybe removing some tables or just reordering it, plus tiding it up and a good paint. Not red

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I was stolen there and all the paper bills in my wallet were gone : (

• 6th Apr 2015
  • China

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had some money go missing. Can we suggest next time, please report it to us during your stay. The Receptionists and Manager are there to help you. If any issues are reported, they will be dealt with promptly. Please note that we also provide safety boxes to guest for extra security.

honestly it was nice the staffs were so kind to everyone and they trying to keep cleanliness

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Hostels experience after your recent stay. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome anytime!

Clean. Helpful staff. Breakfast was ok. Overall good experience.

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest photos, news and offers. We hope to see you again soon!

I'm allergic to mold and dust so I try to take care of this when I book a hostel. I travel a lot and never had allergy problems while traveling. Unfortunately this hostel has enough mite and almost no ventilation or natural lighting (at least not in the room where I stayed with my family). The room is very small, we couldn't open the luggages at the same time, walk across the room if the luggages were open was impossible. However the location is fantastic and also the staff.

Hello and many thanks for your feedback. We apologise there were aspects of your stay you did not enjoy. Our housekeepers do their best to ensure the hostel is kept clean and hygienic. Some of our rooms are smaller than elsewhere, however, our prices are competitive for central London. If there is an issue please inform our Reception team who are available 24/7 to help with any matters you may have. We also have a selection of different sized rooms available, come back and visit with us again.

The location is excellent. Kensington gardens view, 5 mins walk from Notting hill, quiet area, buses and tube really close. We couldn't have chosen better.

Hello! Thanks for very positive feedback, we are very happy that you enjoyed our hostel and hopefully see you soon again.

Everything yery satisfactory - good location, good price, friendly staff. Reccomendable!

• 26th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for rating our hostel so favourably. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest offers, news and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

Hostel is nicely located, 5mn walk from Lancaster gate undeground station. The rooms are clean and we were lucky not to be with noisy roommates (6-bed mixed dorm). However, I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast; only bread & butter, some range of cereals but no fruit, no hot milk, no chocolate powder or yoghurt. The orange juice is disgusting - actually it is just water with added powder. Improvements could be made on breakfast, even if we should not expect a lot with a room at that price.

• 7th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We offer an-all-you-can-eat basic breakfast, it includes toast, cereals, teas and coffees. We provide this service free of charge for our valued guests. We regret our breakfast service was not to your satisfaction on this occasion. We continuously monitor our performance to improve our standards of service. We hope if you come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made.

« first « Prev 1 2 3