Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

I don't understand why they put 6 people in such a small room with only one window (that does not even open half way). Don't go there in summer, it's too hot and not at all clean. It is obviously an experience I don't want to repeat again.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

The location is very good, very close to Hyde Park and around 5 min walk from Underground Stations. The breakfast is included, what is good also. The room I stayed (6 bed dorm) was too small (two 3 decks beds and a tiny circulation), and it was super hot at night. The room was only cleaned after we arrived. Lockers inside the room has to be rented (I've never seen this before) and you have to pay for the luggage room as well. Wifi only at the common areas (you has to pay for wifi in the room).

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. London has been unusually hot lately and we are looking at improving the ventilation for every room. Our aim is to provide clean, low-cost, budget accommodation in Central London for our valued Guests. One way to keep the prices down is to have "User pays" for some extras like the luggage room. Having said that, we provide free wi-fi in the reception/TV & dining rooms and our luggage storage rates are a very low £2/bag (from check-out until midnight)

The hotel component is an ex-hotel that has private rooms for a reasonable London price. Location is pretty good close to both Bayswater and Queensway tube's and a high street which has plenty of tasty Asian restaurants. The mattress in my private room was way too thin and to be perfectly honest not acceptable given the cost of the room - they've cut one corner too many with the dimestore super-discount mattress, you've been warned. Everything else is fine, the mattress is not.

10am check out is far too early. Got fined for checking out at 11am... Otherwise a good hostel, clean and safe. Right beside Hyde Park.

• 12th Jul 2014

Hostel is in a quiet street near Hyde Park and Queensway tube station. Not extremely central, but still pretty good location. Stayed in a Double Ensuite; room had good size and was clean. Two issues: 1) the toilet flush pressure was very low and we had to flush many times, which was really incovenient , 2) the room was noisy, and there was a refurbishment on the room nextdoor at 8am. Overall, has a good value for money for budget travellers, considering London is such an expensive city.

The room was tiny and cramped - possibly could have been made better by less beds in the room. Building itself was run down and dirty. Staff extremely unhelpful and uninformative. They also charged for everything possible. Overall, was not impressed.

Stayed one night as was going to a concert. Not somewhere I would usually stay but wanted just a hotel that me & my grown children could sleep in for a few hrs. location is fab, staff are very helpful with a relaxed atmosphere.

• 11th Jul 2014

Thanks for the review! We really enjoy our job so it's great to hear that you had a good time with us! Come back any time. We hope to see you soon!

Extremely small rooms, no place to store luggage. By far the smallest rooms in a hostel Ive ever stayed in, and no common areas for guests to socialise

• 7th Jul 2014

The room was extremely hot and very small.

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of installing window fans in every room to improve ventilation.

Perfect location! Clean rooms. The only bad thing was the lack of air condition in the rooms.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Hi, thank you for your review rating the hostel so high. Now you can follow our latest news and offers on face book. SHPV Team

I think that every hotel's room need an air conditioning.

• 1st Jul 2014

All-round good place, nice and helpful staff.

The stuff are not very friendly nor helpful at all :( besides, it's the only hostel out of the many ones where we've stayed in the UK that doesn't offer any free coffee and tea to the residents at all. Breakfast very poor quality. An additional piece of bacon will cost 3 pounds which is incredible. neither my friend and I were happy about the experience of staying there.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • China

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy your stay. You must have missed the FREE tea and coffee at breakfast. Any other time though, those drinks (and others) are available at heavily discounted prices in the bar area. Please if you come back and find that you are unsure of where something is, see our reception team who will be happy to help.

My stay at Smart Hyde Park View couldn't have been better. The staff was extremely friendly (even while dealing with long check-in lines) and my room was clean and comfortable. The location is quiet, unlike many other London hostels, but not at all inaccessible.

• 28th Jun 2014

Hi there. Many thanks for the kind words. Please come back and stay any time! Cheers.

For a hostel it's quite good, definitely one of the better ones i've stayed at. Stayed in 6-bed room with bathroom, beds were comfy and with privacy curtains, everything was clean and nice. Rooms miss place to sit and electricity plugs. There is a kitchen/common area, very useful for charging devices and making a more affordable meal on you own (should note that there is only wicrowave, no other appliances). WiFi worked quite well, no complaints there. Would stay again 8/10

Hello. Many thanks for your kind words. You're welcome back any time! Cheers.

Seemed more like a hotel, which can be good. The bathroom in the room was clean but a little hot, and the room is not very spacious. Overall a great stay.

Hello. Many thanks for your kind words. Hope to see you again.

The rooms can get quite hot and the beds are small, but the standard of cleanliness at this hostel are good. It can get quite loud from the school groups they have coming through...

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. It's much appreciated.

Great location being near Hyde Park and the tube. Not much of a social atmosphere at all so probably not ideal if you are travelling alone.

Hello. Thanks very much for the feedback.

This place is in a fairly nice location, not too far from transit options and the parks. The staff is quite helpful and nice. They let me stay in the bar / lounge area for several hours after I checked out, while I was charging and using my phone, without saying a word. They seem to respect people's desire to have a little quiet time alone.

My stay was in general good. But I have a few recommendations. First of al the dinning room has no window and therefore the room literally stinks. I think at least half an hour in a day you should let some fresh air in (somehow, by letting all the doors opened) Also about the breakfast, it was fine. Actually it was great that you offer some free breakfast. But maybe you can also offer some different kinds of jams or cerials. I mean do not change the types just supplement it a little bit. Thanks

Hello and thanks for your review. Your feedback is important to us and we will pass your suggestions on to the Team. Cheers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3