Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU, London, England

Was lovely and clean, staff efficient but a little impersonal which is unusual for hostel

A friend & I stayed in a room together, double bed. the room and bathroom were quite small but not so much so that we were uncomfortable. both were clean but some of the flooring under the bed were out of place and a spot between the sink and shower looked like it could use a bit of TLC. The water pressure was really low but the water was hot so I've really got nothing to complain about (aside from the heat, but that's just london in the summer).

• 27th Jun 2015

Room is too small and stuffy. There are 3 beds in one stack, the highest one is really hard to climb up to.

Great hostel on Great place with Great people! Felt really good, nice atmosphere, everyone was very helpfull, definitelly place to stay! :) Thanks, Martina!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

We came in this hostel to meet our friends coming in London, we asked 2 weeks before our week-end if the 2 booking could be in the same room, when we arrived, the very slow man welcoming us didn't do anything for us. Nevertheless friends told us that the french woman was really nice. Rooms are very small and too hot but the bathroom was quite good. The location is very good with a 24h bus not too far and a Underground Station really close. Then, two bracket for 9 beds is really not enough

The room was very hot and fans not working properly.Did not get very much sleep,which defeats the purpose of booking a room for the night.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The Ukranian and Greek assistance were very helpful and professional, it really create a good atmosphere, all the people working at the hostel are well informed and very well mannered and therefore extremely diplomatic. I did enjoy my stay. The breakfast staff and the maintenance guy also very helpful and friendly, my room I stayed in was clean and quiet, the only obstacle was voices outside the hostel at night but that was beyond the control of the hostel staff as the people were outsiders.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Israel

We had a lovely stay. The hostel was nice and clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The only problem we had was with the room. It was very small to have three bunkbeds and six people sleeping. It was so small one of the bunkbeds actually went all the way across the only window in the room. The person in this bed refused to have the window open at night which meant the room was unbearably hot and too uncomfortable to sleep.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Ideal location for the music festival in Hyde Park, the hostel was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful.

• 20th Jun 2015

The location was great, and the staff were very friendly. However, the 9 person dorm we stayed in was tiny! Out of the three triple bunks squeezed into the room, one of them blocked the window. This made the room extremely hot and stuffy. Because of this, we wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• 20th Jun 2015

Hostel located right beside the hyde park with good tube/bus connections. The staff was nice but the facilities were two small for the money you pay for them. No free lockets inside the bedroom and bathroom with no air circulation. Not bad for the price, but not so good either.

• Portugal

Our room happened to be fully occupied when we entered it, had to be moved to another. It was great to have a simple breakfast included, really appreciated.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I have never spent a worse night in my life. We stayed at a mixed 6 dorm which was the tiniest room possible with three vertical bunk beds next to each other. All six of us could not stand in the room together much less change, etc. And when someone moved or climbed up or down the whole structure would shake. They were also not big, and I am not a tall person. I could not stretch my legs comfortably. There was no a/c so we were sweating the whole night and no sound insulation from nearby rooms.

• 18th Jun 2015

As usual (I have stayed here many times) the staff both in the evening and the morning were helpful and friendly. Room was very warm but clean as was the en-suite. I like the privacy screen around each bunk. Bunk was rather short - I am 1.8m and so is the bunk.

Lovely helpful staff and a lovely area to be based in London close to transport and the parks. Thank you!

• 15th Jun 2015

The hostel was ok for one night, was quite a small room and quite cramped. I wasn't initially told about the lockers under the bed, for which you had to go back down and ask for them to activate something on your keycard, and you had to pay extra. I didn't mind paying, It just would be helpful to be told when you check in and asked! As most people want to keep their stuff safe. The vibe in the hostel was a bit odd but I didn't really spend much time there, it was in a really good location though

Smart Hyde Park View is a basic hostel but gets the job done. The staff were friendly and helpful, plus it's a great location for accessing central London and the beautiful Hyde Park. However, the room felt a little crowded and it wasn't the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. However, you can't complain at the price, which is definitely better value than a lot of London hostels at the weekend!

Nice place, nice staff and good location, the place is just the way it looks on the pictures.

• 12th Jun 2015

Considering its location and breakfast, it is good worth of the monie and quite convenient which I appreciated.. Besides, the staff are really helpful. So it is not bad overall. However, no bed lamp, and the only two chargers (for six people ) are behind the door. the height for each bed is too low so that I can't sit on the bed(I am not tall in any way) which makes it really uncomfortable in day time.

enjoyed the stay - overall very pleasing

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4