Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

This hotel wasn't what I expected. The photos that are posted on the Internet don't depict the reality. When I entered the room I saw a very small place with a bed whose sheets had blood stains and hair on it. In the bathroom, the toilet brush was in a bad condition and I asked to change it immediately. If you wanted to take a shower you needed at least one hour because of the low water pressure.This hotel was the worst and most expensive hotel I have ever been.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't as good as expected. We have different types of rooms and dormitories to suit different types of travelers depending on their budget. If you come back and decide to give us a second chance, you might be surprised for good. SHPV Team

overall: good

• 10th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Hi! Thanks for your review, we hope to see you soon! SHPV Team.

You can hear exactly everything that's said inside and outside of the hostel, so if you're a light sleeper, this is no place for you. Be prepared to get your own breakfast some of the days, the restaurant is often crowded, and the breakfast is extremely basic. The location is fantastic, though, with stores, an all day breakfast place and a cozy pub just steps away from the door.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Hi, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you couldn't sleep well. We do hourly security checks to keep the hostel quiet.

internet was very poor. Accommodation was cramped and doors slammed shut all night. Very popular for school trips which makes breakfast "very exciting".

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you couldn't sleep well, We do hourly security checks during the night to keep the hostel quiet. SHPV Team.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with my stay here. It's quite value for money and the staff is quite friendly and helpful too. On the flipside, the main drawbacks are that there is only power supply outlet for a 9-person room and the rooms are equipped with rather small triple bunk beds.

Hi Thank you for your feedback, its important for us and it will definitely help us to improve our hostel. We hope to see you again. SHPV Team.

good hostel, good staffs!

• 30th Mar 2014

Hi there Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back sometime soon!

The six beds dorm is a small room, size of a single, with a locked window and the bunk beds are composed by three vertical beds each. I am glad I'm not claustrophobic otherwise I could have died there. The bathroom in 4 days has never been cleaned. The only bin was in the bathroom because there was no room for it in the dorm. You have to pay for lockers, you have to have £10 deposit for each guest in cash, plus you get charged if you pay by card(any tipe) the whole bill.Poor breakfast too.

• 27th Mar 2014

Thank you for review. We try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travellers at very good location, the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need. Our housekeeping/cleaning times between 06:30 am- 15:30. beside of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly

Me hospede en las habitaciones del hotel, totalmente recomendables. Los recepcionistas todos muy majos y muy atentos. Desayuno continental incluido. Volvere seguro.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Gracias por tu comentario. Estamos encantados de que hayas disfrutado tu estancia con nosotros!! Puedes seguir nuestras últimas noticias, ofertas y fotos en Facebook.

Smart Hyde Park View, located about a 10-minute train ride to Westminster, was a very welcoming place to crash for a few night in London. The staff were helpful -- especially with finding discounts on shows! (make sure you take advantage of the savings) -- and the dorms did not feel unclean or unsafe. Breakfast was included with the fare, but the cost of bath towels and lockers made up for such (about ten pounds for me). I would still recommend Smart Hyde Park to future travelers.

Thanks for very positive feedback, we are very happy that you enjoyed our hostel and hopefully see you soon again.

The duvet stunk very badly and even though we were given fresh sheets for between body and duvet, it did not make it feel much more hygienic. The drain of the sink in our ensuite bathroom still had hair in it and the breakfast buffet table in the morning was a mess.

Hi, thank you for your review. We take guests feedback so seriously to improve our services, Our cleaning staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 15:30. We do regular check every hour however, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. If you come back and decide to give us a second chance, you might be surprised for good. SHPV Team.

All in all this hostel was a huge let down. Despite the good location. The amenities were extremely lacking. The beds were uncomfortable, the bathroom dirty, no comfortable common room and the staff made me feel like I was not welcome. Not to mention the fact that there were many large school groups who were allowed to make A LOT of noise until late into the night (2am). I would never stay here again.

Thank you for your feedback we are sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't as good as expected. We take guests feedback so seriously to improve our services, Our cleaning staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 15:30. We do regular check every hour however, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. We also do security checks during the night to keep the hostel quiet, we we apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused you.

We stayed in the hotel part of the hostel and booked a double ensuite for 3 nights. There was dust falling from the bathroom fan. We had breakfast included but we had breakfast only once in the hostel, since we had a very bad experience on the first day. We could not sit, since all the tables were taken (also by people not having breakfast) and nobody of the staff cared about it. The room was very small and furniture old. Most of the staff does not say hello and is not welcoming.

• 14th Mar 2014

Hi, we are sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't as good as expected. We love what we do and we try to do it the best we can. If you come back and decide to give us a second chance, you might be surprised for good. SHPV Team.

a good hostel for those who prefer get a good sleep rather than a good partying. I guess it used to be a hotel. Excellent location, not too noisy. Matresses r without springs that would poke into your ribs like other hostels. Curtains for each bed is such a good bonus. Bathroom and toilet were clean and nice with hot water. I'd definitely come back. Only bad thing is the size of the room. It's tiny, no place to put luggage and they charge for lockers so u end up with the floor full of luggage.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed our hostel. As for the lockers the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need, We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. Hoping to see you back in the hostel soon.

Nice but needs curtains in the girls dormitory.

Hi, thank you for your review and thanks for report it, we will implement it.

I stayed there for over a week. I have all the reasons to be satisfied. The Staff were friendly and the bathroom clean,. Great location and in general good atmosphere. I would definitely recomend it to anyone looking to stay at clean, safe, central location.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Hi, thank you for your good words. We hope to see you soon!! SHPV Team.

1 2 3 Next » last »