Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

My stay at Smart Hyde Park View couldn't have been better. The staff was extremely friendly (even while dealing with long check-in lines) and my room was clean and comfortable. The location is quiet, unlike many other London hostels, but not at all inaccessible.

• 28th Jun 2014

Hi there. Many thanks for the kind words. Please come back and stay any time! Cheers.

For a hostel it's quite good, definitely one of the better ones i've stayed at. Stayed in 6-bed room with bathroom, beds were comfy and with privacy curtains, everything was clean and nice. Rooms miss place to sit and electricity plugs. There is a kitchen/common area, very useful for charging devices and making a more affordable meal on you own (should note that there is only wicrowave, no other appliances). WiFi worked quite well, no complaints there. Would stay again 8/10

Hello. Many thanks for your kind words. You're welcome back any time! Cheers.

Seemed more like a hotel, which can be good. The bathroom in the room was clean but a little hot, and the room is not very spacious. Overall a great stay.

Hello. Many thanks for your kind words. Hope to see you again.

The rooms can get quite hot and the beds are small, but the standard of cleanliness at this hostel are good. It can get quite loud from the school groups they have coming through...

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. It's much appreciated.

Great location being near Hyde Park and the tube. Not much of a social atmosphere at all so probably not ideal if you are travelling alone.

Hello. Thanks very much for the feedback.

This place is in a fairly nice location, not too far from transit options and the parks. The staff is quite helpful and nice. They let me stay in the bar / lounge area for several hours after I checked out, while I was charging and using my phone, without saying a word. They seem to respect people's desire to have a little quiet time alone.

Hi, thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Backpackers. You're welcome back any time! Cheers.

My stay was in general good. But I have a few recommendations. First of al the dinning room has no window and therefore the room literally stinks. I think at least half an hour in a day you should let some fresh air in (somehow, by letting all the doors opened) Also about the breakfast, it was fine. Actually it was great that you offer some free breakfast. But maybe you can also offer some different kinds of jams or cerials. I mean do not change the types just supplement it a little bit. Thanks

Hello and thanks for your review. Your feedback is important to us and we will pass your suggestions on to the Team. Cheers.

Friendly and helpful staff.

You're always welcome! Thanks for the kind words.

This was a decent hostel, the key card security is very convenient. The bar up front is great too, although the beer selection isn't very good. But if you just want good ole cheap beer, the prices cant be beat. The staff did their job, but wern't overly friendly. The massive groups of school kids can get a little annoying. Dont expect to be able to rent anything, but things are for sale for marked up prices. Triple bunk beds are used, the privacy curtain is great. Super humid in the summer.

Hi there. Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

The location of the hostel is very good (20 steps away from Hyde Park) and the staff is very friendly. The room was a little disappointing, because when I arrived it was extremely hot (even with the window open..) and the bathroom wasn't cleaned (there was hair on the toilet......). Overall it was okay, but not very good.

• 14th Jun 2014

Hi. We're always trying to improve, so we'll pass your comments on to the housekeeping team. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Cheers.

Good value for money. Central location and not too far from tube and train station. Had to leave early in morning so didn't get to try the breakfast

It would be fantastic to see you come back. Cheers for the review.

Nicely placed right next to a train station and its only one stop to Amsterdam Centraal.

Thanks for the review. Hope to see you again some time.

Very nice neighborhood with one of the most beautiful parks ever only a couple minutes away from your room! The metro is very close as well and you won't have any trouble getting home at night after partying! Clean but small rooms!

Fantastic having you stay with us. Cheers for the review.

Overall great place. Staff was friendly, rooms were fine, bathroom good size,. No issue with hot/cold water. Wish they were not charging for internet in rooms but ok. One minor observation (didn't bother me) - faucets in shower are due to maintenance Slight touch and water could get too cold or too hot.

Hello. Will pass on your comments to the maintenance people. Thanks for the review. Cheers

Don't mind the cramped space but it was smaller than anticipated. Could have been improved if the room was less stuffy (keep windows open) and public amenities cleaner. Water pressure in the toilet was poor; overheard other customers complain about it as well. Lift was broken when we came, and with heavy luggage on wheels, it was difficult getting up and down. Room only had 2 charging ports - could use an extension chord.

• 4th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. Coming into summer as it is, we are all thinking about the comfort of our fabulous Guests. Throughout the day our housekeepers repeatedly make their way through the building. Sometimes though it is true that a facility is only as clean as the last person who used it. That’s why they repeatedly move through the building. Unfortunately too, maintenance is required for equipment. We can only apologise for the lift being out of service while you were staying with us.

The staff was unfriendly except for one employee. The facilities are old and shabby. The window was so thin it broke on my hand trying to open it and I had to spend 2 days in the hospital for surgery and stitches. Not only did it ruin much of my stay in London, but the staff offered no compensation or apologies. This place is relatively cheap but it's worth paying extra to stay somewhere more professional. Also the neighborhood here is boring and basically dead at night. I would never recommend

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hello, thank you for your review. First of all we once again feel for you that you had an accident while here in London. Ironically it is for Health and Safety reasons that the windows are locked open at a certain point. It’s a shame your holiday was ruined. Perhaps if you come back to London we can show you a better time.

We stayed in a double ensuite room and it was really nice and clean!!!! Location is good as there are tube stations and many shops and bars around. We would definitely come back to this hostel!!!

• 29th May 2014
  • Spain

Hi there, thank you for your review. We are glad to learn that we were able to assist and that the facilities were up to scratch. Hope to see you back sometime soon!!

A 4 beds dorm in the basement good. Breakfast was better that the one I use to have at home, even, you can upgrade it paying a very little difference. Is was very clean. Blankets, towels and breakfast included in the price. Luggage room for $2 pounds per bag per day. Restricted in some way free Internet only in common areas.

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to learn that you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed our free breakfast, as for the internet it is Free Wi-Fi in the common areas but it cots £1/24hours if you want to use it the rooms. SHPV Team

I had to book into this hostel after a mix-up in my hotel reservation that was only discovered AFTER I got to London. Overall, I wasn't disappointed in the hostel. There were faults that I couldn't overlook. The toilet in my "dorm room" required several attempts to successfully flush it. The room was uncomfortably hot and there was no way to control or alter the temp in the room. The staff was intolerant almost to the point of belligerent when it came to friends that were visiting.

• 21st May 2014

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that it was too hot in the rooms. We always leave the windows open after cleaning, but it is possible that someone just closed it. As for the visitors we have a strict Non-resident policy. Non-residents are allowed into the common room (Bar area 10am-10pm). For safety and security reasons, guests are not welcomed into the rooms at any time. SHPV Team.

Good location, decent price, overall pretty clean, but poor water pressure in the shower.

Hello, thank you for your feedback, as for the water pressure in the shower unfortunately it might occur when several guests are having shower at the same time. Hoping to see you back in the hostel soon!