Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU, London, England

Everything was really ok. We arrived around 12 o clock, (like we told them beforehand...) but they said the room was not ready before 14, but they did a double check, and the room was actually ready. So that was good.

• 8th May 2015
  • Norway

Thank you for the review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be joining us again soon.

When I was there (may 2015) the lockers under the bed did not work, so we had nowhere to store our bags. The hostel was used by schools from other countries for like a spring trip for last year students, so very annoying. They have 3 stores high beds, you end up 6 people in three3, so the room is packed, especially since the lockers didn't work...

• 2nd May 2015
  • Norway

Thank You for your comments. We have a range of room sizes with to allow guest on certain budgets to have a choice, they range from 9, 6 and 4 bed dorm with the latter having the most space. The lockers underneath the bed cost £1.50 per night and activated at our 24 hour reception. We are pained that you did not have a good experience and will review your points to better stays with us in the future,

The room was too small to lodge 6 guests because the living space was limited. No wardrobes were available, but under the beds were present drawers of doubtful hygiene and available only with fee.The bathroom missed power outlets and clothes hanger. 2 power outlets for 6 guests aren’t enough.

Thank you for your comments. It is regrettable that your stay was not as good as expected, with are central location and competitive pricing, floor spacing is at a premium in the rooms. We try to offer as many travel options as possible, with this in mind we do not initially charge for use of a locker but leave it to the guests if they wish to purchase one on arrival. Our conscientious staff are always on hand to help if you feel something needs attention. Thank you again staying with us

More outlets for charging would be nice. I was running on low battery power the whole trip

• 30th Apr 2015

Thank you for the comments.The power point situation is currently under review. Our reception is always open with several free sockets for customer use if needed. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Poor breackfast

Thank you for your comments and your review. We offer an all-you-can-eat basic breakfast which includes fresh toast, cereal, tea and coffee which we provide this free of charge but are always looking to improve upon ourselves, so your comments will be passed on and considered. Thank you again for staying with and we hope to see you again in the future.

The guy who checked me in took what felt like a lifetime to complete the simple task of checking me in. I didn't know triple bunk beds even existed. Was a little scary sleeping in them. The shower taps were faulty so I got blasted with boiling hot water. There aren't any charging ports near the beds. The beds are comfy and the linen is clean. I got a decent sleep, it's a quiet kind of hostel. The location is excellent with the lovely Hyde park and easy to access the rest of London.

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased you found our location setting met with your expectations. We are also very proud of our central and convenient locations. For future reference, we have different types of dormitories to suit different travellers, depending on their budget. Thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

The bed wasn`t ready before I got there, with blanket`s duvet from the last customer (I guess). This gives the impression that the hostel staff relied on that the last customer left it tidy, it shouldn`t be this way. The staff even didn`t gave me new ones at first moment, I had to ask for them and replace them myself. Suggestion: The room in the hall of the hostel seems too busy (from my point of view) maybe removing some tables or just reordering it, plus tiding it up and a good paint. Not red

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Spain

We stayed her during out city break to London for 2 nites. We booked in the hotel. Staff was very nice and helpful. Location is very convenient. Close to metro, shops and restaurants in pretty cosy. Breakfast is a bit poor, only instant coffee but at the end of the day you have something to put into your mouth and its ok. Room turned to be a small cosy one. It would be perfect, however, the smell of dumpiness is horrible. It was plugging my nose holes and all my cloth stink!

I was stolen there and all the paper bills in my wallet were gone : (

• 6th Apr 2015
  • China

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had some money go missing. Can we suggest next time, please report it to us during your stay. The Receptionists and Manager are there to help you. If any issues are reported, they will be dealt with promptly. Please note that we also provide safety boxes to guest for extra security.

honestly it was nice the staffs were so kind to everyone and they trying to keep cleanliness

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Hostels experience after your recent stay. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome anytime!

Clean. Helpful staff. Breakfast was ok. Overall good experience.

Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest photos, news and offers. We hope to see you again soon!

I'm allergic to mold and dust so I try to take care of this when I book a hostel. I travel a lot and never had allergy problems while traveling. Unfortunately this hostel has enough mite and almost no ventilation or natural lighting (at least not in the room where I stayed with my family). The room is very small, we couldn't open the luggages at the same time, walk across the room if the luggages were open was impossible. However the location is fantastic and also the staff.

Hello and many thanks for your feedback. We apologise there were aspects of your stay you did not enjoy. Our housekeepers do their best to ensure the hostel is kept clean and hygienic. Some of our rooms are smaller than elsewhere, however, our prices are competitive for central London. If there is an issue please inform our Reception team who are available 24/7 to help with any matters you may have. We also have a selection of different sized rooms available, come back and visit with us again.

The location is excellent. Kensington gardens view, 5 mins walk from Notting hill, quiet area, buses and tube really close. We couldn't have chosen better.

Hello! Thanks for very positive feedback, we are very happy that you enjoyed our hostel and hopefully see you soon again.

Everything yery satisfactory - good location, good price, friendly staff. Reccomendable!

• 26th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for rating our hostel so favourably. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest offers, news and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

Hostel is nicely located, 5mn walk from Lancaster gate undeground station. The rooms are clean and we were lucky not to be with noisy roommates (6-bed mixed dorm). However, I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast; only bread & butter, some range of cereals but no fruit, no hot milk, no chocolate powder or yoghurt. The orange juice is disgusting - actually it is just water with added powder. Improvements could be made on breakfast, even if we should not expect a lot with a room at that price.

• 7th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for your review. We offer an-all-you-can-eat basic breakfast, it includes toast, cereals, teas and coffees. We provide this service free of charge for our valued guests. We regret our breakfast service was not to your satisfaction on this occasion. We continuously monitor our performance to improve our standards of service. We hope if you come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made.

Someone knocked at our doors at 6:30am. We was scared, but the guy of the reception help us quickly.

Hello and thank you for your positive review. We apologise for the interruption you experienced during your stay. We are very pleased you were satisfied with the course of action our staff used to manage the situation on your behalf . We take the safety, well being and comfort of all our valued guests very seriously. In addition to our 24 hour reception, we also have 24 hour CCTV and night security present every night. Thanks for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

Good location and facilities but limited plug sockets. Good job i brought an extention lead with me!

Hello and thank you for your valuable review. We are actively working on increasing the number of power sockets in every room to supply enough service to everyone. We hope if you come back you will see the positive improvements we have made. We hope to see you again.

Pretty good, close to Hyde park, if your over 6ft the beds are too short, in room wifi is not so great.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Our bunks were chosen to suit guests up to 5ft 10 which is taller than the average; however, we are currently looking in to extending this for the added comfort of our guests. We hope if you decide to come back you will notice the improvements we have made.

Safe deposit box not working, shower water so slow and staff impolite its the bad from our opinion! But the point of the structure is good and the value for money is decent! At the end a good compromise.

• 24th Feb 2015

Hello, thank you for your review. Our maintenance staff starts at 08:00 am and finish at 17:00. For future reference any maintenance issues can be reported to receptionists by guests, once received they will be dealt with promptly.

Other than the location the best thing about this hostel is the staff. Very friendly and helpful both when checking in and checking out early the next day. Bunks could be a little longer though.

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our convenient and central locations. Our Team are all highly trained and are there purely for the added comfort and security of our guests. They are available 24/7 and can manage any issues promptly and efficiently. Our bunks were chosen to suit guests up to 5ft 10 which is taller than the average; however, we are currently looking in to extending this for the comfort of our valued guests.