Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

Overall great place. Staff was friendly, rooms were fine, bathroom good size,. No issue with hot/cold water. Wish they were not charging for internet in rooms but ok. One minor observation (didn't bother me) - faucets in shower are due to maintenance Slight touch and water could get too cold or too hot.

Hello. Will pass on your comments to the maintenance people. Thanks for the review. Cheers

Don't mind the cramped space but it was smaller than anticipated. Could have been improved if the room was less stuffy (keep windows open) and public amenities cleaner. Water pressure in the toilet was poor; overheard other customers complain about it as well. Lift was broken when we came, and with heavy luggage on wheels, it was difficult getting up and down. Room only had 2 charging ports - could use an extension chord.

• 4th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. Coming into summer as it is, we are all thinking about the comfort of our fabulous Guests. Throughout the day our housekeepers repeatedly make their way through the building. Sometimes though it is true that a facility is only as clean as the last person who used it. That’s why they repeatedly move through the building. Unfortunately too, maintenance is required for equipment. We can only apologise for the lift being out of service while you were staying with us.

The staff was unfriendly except for one employee. The facilities are old and shabby. The window was so thin it broke on my hand trying to open it and I had to spend 2 days in the hospital for surgery and stitches. Not only did it ruin much of my stay in London, but the staff offered no compensation or apologies. This place is relatively cheap but it's worth paying extra to stay somewhere more professional. Also the neighborhood here is boring and basically dead at night. I would never recommend

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hello, thank you for your review. First of all we once again feel for you that you had an accident while here in London. Ironically it is for Health and Safety reasons that the windows are locked open at a certain point. It’s a shame your holiday was ruined. Perhaps if you come back to London we can show you a better time.

We stayed in a double ensuite room and it was really nice and clean!!!! Location is good as there are tube stations and many shops and bars around. We would definitely come back to this hostel!!!

• 29th May 2014
  • Spain

Hi there, thank you for your review. We are glad to learn that we were able to assist and that the facilities were up to scratch. Hope to see you back sometime soon!!

A 4 beds dorm in the basement good. Breakfast was better that the one I use to have at home, even, you can upgrade it paying a very little difference. Is was very clean. Blankets, towels and breakfast included in the price. Luggage room for $2 pounds per bag per day. Restricted in some way free Internet only in common areas.

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to learn that you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed our free breakfast, as for the internet it is Free Wi-Fi in the common areas but it cots £1/24hours if you want to use it the rooms. SHPV Team

I had to book into this hostel after a mix-up in my hotel reservation that was only discovered AFTER I got to London. Overall, I wasn't disappointed in the hostel. There were faults that I couldn't overlook. The toilet in my "dorm room" required several attempts to successfully flush it. The room was uncomfortably hot and there was no way to control or alter the temp in the room. The staff was intolerant almost to the point of belligerent when it came to friends that were visiting.

• 21st May 2014

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that it was too hot in the rooms. We always leave the windows open after cleaning, but it is possible that someone just closed it. As for the visitors we have a strict Non-resident policy. Non-residents are allowed into the common room (Bar area 10am-10pm). For safety and security reasons, guests are not welcomed into the rooms at any time. SHPV Team.

Good location, decent price, overall pretty clean, but poor water pressure in the shower.

Hello, thank you for your feedback, as for the water pressure in the shower unfortunately it might occur when several guests are having shower at the same time. Hoping to see you back in the hostel soon!

There was only a single wall outlet in our room for 6 beds- could easily amend this with a power strip. Also only one toilet/ shower attached to our 6-bed room, which was a tad hard to share in the morning. Also would be nice if there were lockers to use for free.

• 15th May 2014

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. He hope to see you soon. SHPV Team.

I enjoyed my stay. The location was great, and the staff gave the easiest directions to find the hostel.

• 13th May 2014

Hi, thank you for the good words. We hope to see you soon. SHPV Team.

We have stayed here before and would stay again. There were a lot of school parties staying too, so it was very loud, day and night, and the breakfast area was hectic. I personally don't mind at all, but some people may not like it. It's a very good location near Hyde Park, and within a shorter travelling distance from all central London attractions. Our room mates were very nice too.

• 10th May 2014

Hi there, first of all thank you for choosing Smart Hyde Park View for your stay in London and for the positive words. Hope you will visit us again.

I strongly recommend this hostel! The staff was really nice and friendly. They showed confidence and were talkative. The toilet was in the room so it was very comfortable. Even the hostel offers discounts in a close pizzeria so it's perfect for travellers. The only negative aspect is that it hasn't a kitchen, so you can't cook there. It has included breakfast (the basic thing as cereals and toast, but less is nothing). It's really worth :D

Hi there! We would like to thank you for choosing Smart Hyde Park View and your positive review. We hope to see you soon!! Smart Hyde Park View Team

Great value, really friendly staff, very clean and good location.

Thank so much!

Needs more bathrooms, one bathroom for nine people is not enough

• 2nd May 2014
  • Denmark

Thanks so much for such a high rating we are glad to see you were impressed by the service provided by our receptionists! We will look into solving the issue you've mentioned. We hope you'll visit us again.

This was possibly the best hostel out of the four I stayed in. It was clean, close to what's happening, the staff were nice, there was a bar, and a tv with music playing most if the time. I found the wifi hard to get in the rooms, however the front dining area it worked fine. Also I had problems sleeping with the amount of kids that stayed here. Running around and thumping all night long. I wasn't sure kids were aloud at hostels? Well they are at this one. Invest in ear plugs.....

Hi! Thanks for your review and rating the hostel so high :) We really enjoy our job so it's great to hear that you had a good time with us! We are sorry to learn you couldn't sleep well. We do hourly security checks during the night to keep the hostel quiet . As for the Wi-Fi, we are currently trying to fix the connections during busy periods, unfortunately is can be tricky when lots of the hostel's guests are downloading large files at the same time. Hope to see you back sometime soon!

This hostel is more like a B&B than which a "hostel" and most facilites you need pay(locker, wifi at bed room, adaptator, clothes machine and dry machine).The breakfast to "hostel" is a little messy.

Hi there, we offer affordable accommodation in the heart of London with free breakfast. We have different room types for different budgets and we don't charge for some of the facilities so our guests guest don't end up paying for things they don't need. Wi-Fi is free in all common areas and for the access in the room we charge £1 per 24hours.

I had a mistake when I did my reservations when I was at Dublin (Irelanda) by the time diference and I tried to explain the staff members who received me but these two girls dont want to ear me; only was important that I had lost my money and now I had to pay the double tariff. I come from Ireland, traveling during 14 hours and my family (wife and 10 years old kid) was very tired! In diferente situation I would prefer to go to another place! We had 1 and half hours trying to get this hotel .

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear by mistake you booked the room for a wrong date but as we never received any modification via email/phone we couldn't process the modification. . We apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused you and we hope to see you soon!

This hotel wasn't what I expected. The photos that are posted on the Internet don't depict the reality. When I entered the room I saw a very small place with a bed whose sheets had blood stains and hair on it. In the bathroom, the toilet brush was in a bad condition and I asked to change it immediately. If you wanted to take a shower you needed at least one hour because of the low water pressure.This hotel was the worst and most expensive hotel I have ever been.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't as good as expected. We have different types of rooms and dormitories to suit different types of travelers depending on their budget. If you come back and decide to give us a second chance, you might be surprised for good. SHPV Team

overall: good

Hi! Thanks for your review, we hope to see you soon! SHPV Team.

You can hear exactly everything that's said inside and outside of the hostel, so if you're a light sleeper, this is no place for you. Be prepared to get your own breakfast some of the days, the restaurant is often crowded, and the breakfast is extremely basic. The location is fantastic, though, with stores, an all day breakfast place and a cozy pub just steps away from the door.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Hi, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you couldn't sleep well. We do hourly security checks to keep the hostel quiet.

internet was very poor. Accommodation was cramped and doors slammed shut all night. Very popular for school trips which makes breakfast "very exciting".

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you couldn't sleep well, We do hourly security checks during the night to keep the hostel quiet. SHPV Team.

(2043 results)