Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

Was staying there during the heatwave in July. Location is quite good. The 9 bed dorm room is definitely an example of maximum usage of space in a room with 3-bed-bunk-beds, thus it was very cramped and the absent air conditioning didn't help. Overall it was OK though, you get curtains on the beds for privacy. Some of the lockers didn't work, but I didn't need them. Staff in this hostel is very nice and do a great job. It was my second stay here and I'd consider returning if I'm on a budget.

Bathrooms need to be cleaned more often. I am NOT going to pay 4 pounds to buy an electrical adapter I will probably never use again in my life. Thats taking advantage of tourists.

The security in the hostel is really bad, the staff gave the locker key to the other roommate wrongly , so the other roommate can open my locker by her key...!! And finally I lost my ipad which locked in the locker!!! I will stay in this hostel anymore

• 19th Jul 2013
  • Hong Kong

Didn't want to leave! A home away from home, a second family, left my heart in smart Hyde park hostel

• 19th Jul 2013

breakfast was also very poor. I don't think I'd come again.

• 18th Jul 2013

All perfect, shame that the last day we found bed bugs in our room!!

The 9 people dom room was so small. It has only 1 window. So hot and humid... Shower room has only hot water. I couldn't adjust temperature. The living room on downstairs was hot too. Everywhere in this hostel was hot. And rude staff.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Japan

Our room, 506, was very pleasant. It was very warm outside during our stay, so we were really glad to discover the electric fan i the room. Our friends who got room 603 were not no pleased. They said that the room was smaller than ours, too warm because of a smaller window, and the shower did not work properly.

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Norway

My friend gets bedbug after staying at this hotel. The bed is not clean and the bedding sheet is horrible. My friend has skin allegry, face, body and feet had lots of red spots. Horrible experience.

I went in the summer, probably one of THE hottest days and with no a/c it was pretty uncomfortable at night but no problems other than that, which was out of thier control.

• 15th Jul 2013

The room I stayed in was very clean, only had some noise from a couple of teenagers in other rooms from a schooltrip. Breakfast was ok, staff was very helpfull and just inbetween two underground stations and 5 minute walk from the park. I met lots of nice people, willing to come with me on several trips. Value for money is good because of the location, couldn't be any cheaper.

• 15th Jul 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Smart Hyde Park View . The staff were very polite, helpful and made us feel at home. Whenever we asked for directions they told us the quickest way to get there to save us time. They also saved us Monet by providing us with cheaper tickets to different venues.

• 15th Jul 2013

Awesome location right on Hyde park

Great location, nice enough. The rooms are a bit crampy with bunks running 3 high. It was hot outside and made for stuffy living quarters and required us to open the window which made it quite loud, but because it was due to incredible weather hard to really complain about that side affect.. Nearby is a great 24 hour market that's really clutch. The hostel bar stays open longer then other pubs so you can drink later on a week day. For location and what you get they do a good job.

The rooms were too small for putting 6 beds in them, but at least the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The common room was quite nice and they serve a nice breakfast. Overall, it was a positive experience given the price.

• 11th Jul 2013

Have stayed here twice now. The rooms are very small and there is nowhere for people to put their bags so it is awkward to move about the room. The lockers are an additional cost in the room, which isn't a big deal, but still annoying. The bathrooms are ok, the showers struggle to drain so you have to leave the water off for a while so it doesn't flood. The rooms seem clean, need to figure something out about luggage and 1 working electricity socket for 9 people which is annoying too.

• 11th Jul 2013

Extremely hot and tiny bedroom!

• 11th Jul 2013

Chris went over his head to make us feel comfortable, in the same way he showed his commitment to his job. There are computers for Internet access and free WiFi. Bathrooms are clean and spacious (6bed ensuite), the bar was open past midnight, and the breakfast is very practical. Underground stations are nearby (Queensway and Bayswater). The bad side: Finding the hostel: go to 16 Leinster Terrace ( Intersect with Bayswater road Power Outlets are scarce and only in the hallway, but you can manage

Clean and comfortable beds near food and bus

Considering the price of a 6-bed room, it's not worth £29. This is the first time I saw a 3-deck bed. The room is extremely small that I can't even find a place to store my luggage. They charged for the locker because it's locked by a smart card but not your own lock. 6 people share a toilet and shower in room, so you may need to wait for a long time during peak period.

(1985 results)