Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

My boyfriend and I booked a private room with en suite. The room was very compact!! Comfy bed, clean room and bathroom. The only thing bringing the room down is the cheap furnishings and poor handy work, i.e. Our remote had no back and the batteries were held in with duc tape and our shower head was broken away from the wall. Great location, accommodation in London is always expensive so it was ok for what we paid.

Thank you very much for the good words. We will take all your tips under consideration. SCI Staff

We stayed for 4 nights and we could not have been more satisfied. The guys at the desk were very helpful, they borrowed us hairdryer everytime we needed it, the breakfast was good value for the money, location of this hostel was fantastic. Overall I will definitelly recomend this hostel!

the woman who greeted me neglected to tell me about breakfast - or the location of the bathrooms. She also didn't tell me about putting the room card into the slot. The rooms were messy when I arrived but that was only because I got there midday. Carelessly left a current converter in an outlet - and it was still there the next day!

We are sorry you weren't informed properly during the check in, we take our guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. SCI Staff

The only thing the facilities lack is a guest kitchen. Apart from that it is great.

Stayed in a double room for 3 nights. Was told by the staff that the lift was out of service indefinitely, which was bad as we stayed on the 4th floor. The room was small but clean. Housekeeping is done everyday. We couldn't find the do-not-disturb tag. Breakfast was ok, cereal, toast, ham and cheese. Location is good, 5min walk to Queensway station (central line). Just outside the station is a street full of restaurants, convenience stores and Whiteleys shopping center.

Nice hostel, everything was nice, it is in a good place near queensway subway station! really near to the center center and it is in a nice district with every shop and in ! zone 1 ! The staff is very friendly !! there is a good living room with a lot of film, book etc,, nice, the bed have curtains!, nice ! the wrong point is the bed was a little small in distance, (i am 1.82m) so sleep with my leg straight was a bit difficult So very nice hostel

I stayed in a 9 person bunk room, so I was not paying for a fancy situation. Still, when I arrived the single bathroom in the bunk room was very dirty. The bunks are 3 tiered and it was not easy to scramble around other people and make the bed. The free breakfast in the morning was meager. However, I was only there for one night so it was tolerable and nothing was stolen. The staff was all foreign and helpful when I asked specific questions.

• 6th Sep 2013

Thank you for review. Our housekeeping/cleaning times between 06:30 am- 23:00. beside of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly. Also some guests are very disrespectful when it comes to keeping shared spaces clean. HPV Staff

Staff were very friendly and the room was nice. You have to pay extra to pay with credit card, to use a locker and to leave your luggage the day you check out. These are not services I usually have to pay extra for.

Very good

if you intend to wash your hair in the 9 person dorm, it might be difficult as the showers have a 5 second timer with a button! the room and shower always dirty. the common room is dark and gloomy and the free breakfast is verrry basic (ive had better in other hostels). the only good thing is the location and i guess thats the price you pay for London!! be careful with leaving your stuff in your room...things do go missing..even if you use their lockers! I hear the 6 person dorm is better

Comfy beds, friendly staff, ideally located. Excellent value for money!

• 28th Aug 2013

Good location, nice staff, but the atmosphere was lacking. I think it's from the general configuration of the building since it looked like a converted hotel. A nice feature was having the keycard-activated lockers right below the bed, but there is no luggage hold so be prepared to take out your valuables and use the lockers!

I have been to many hostels around the world. This is the first time I had to pay to store my bag for a couple of hours after check out. The girl did not even check my ticket so security is not even really provided despite the £2 charge for storage. Breakfast was pretty average, with hardly any space to sit down as the canteen was crowded. It's also a shame that there are no kitchen facilities, not even a kettle. The bedroom was tiny, the bathroom stank. The location is great though.

• 24th Aug 2013

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully and really appreciate your feedback. HPV Staff

The location is nice, close to metro station and a few things to see, the hostel sale the maps for £3 thats rude for the backpackers, the enviroment is poor, if you want party there is not the place

This was my first stay at the Hostel..... so I was a bit apprehensive on what to expect, but when I arrived the atmosphere was very good, the big guy on reception was very helpful and chatty. Also the dorm and bathroom was clean, I would recommend this hostel for travellers to stay. John

Security was good. Spacious lockers available and all the lock systems help to limit access drastically. Location was very nice and in a quiet and safe neighborhood just north of the park. Cleanliness was slightly lacking in the bathrooms but improved after my first night. The included breakfast is very simple, just toast and/or cornflakes with milk, but it is a nice plus that adds to the good value of this hostel

• 20th Aug 2013

will be reccomending this hostel to all my friends

• 18th Aug 2013

No kitchen makes it an expensive stay and the common room needs fresh air. Otherwise all good

NIce and cosy