Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

Room is too small for three of us. But surrounding of hostel is clean and quiet.

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

Very nice place. The room is clean. Good location.

• 15th Oct 2013
  • Thailand

Breakfast poor!

• 13th Oct 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to supply cheap and affordable accommodation to our guest at unique locations. We also offer free simple continental breakfast to our guests. SCI Staff

The room was very cold. The central heating was only turned on after two freezing nights. The toilet was hard to get to flush, and the hot water in the bathroom wasn't very hot and ony after several minutes of letting it run. Besides that the staff was friendly. The room for breakfast was small so people would have to queue up for a chair and table.

Thank you for your good words. We are sorry about the room temperature but turning the central heating on was not dependent on us. SCI Team

We liked the hotel but there were a few things that could be a bit better: - A girl at the reception didn't tell us we could have breakfast as hotel guests, so during the entire stay we had to buy our own food and have breakfast in the dining room on the basement floor. -There was no hairdryer in the room. -It was cold in the room and the heating was of.

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Russia

Pleasant place.

It's was a good hostel, a little bit expensive but it's London anyway, everything is expensive. The only thing is that the WiFi didnt reach our room, you have to go downstairs to catch it. I think its the only thing it should be improved.

improve the water supply for the shower

• 1st Oct 2013

The hostel is in a really nice location - safe neighborhood and very close to the Hyde Park. Can definitely recommend it.

This hostel definitely caters to groups of screaming school children. The dorm room was not cleaned everyday, and some guests had left their take out food to mold on the common shelves. The ensuite bathroom was cleaned daily, but somewhat overused, and there weren't many other bathrooms. Space was tight, and my fellow guests were less than polite about storing their luggage out of the way. Laundry on site was cheap.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully hopefully the next time will be better. SCI Staff

if you are in a top bunk you must climb up two sets of ladders past 2 beds to get to the top.. the ladders are not sturdy and noone has any idea about the lockers under the beds.. the staff dont tell you much. and its 5pds for a towel you must buy. all in all its a great location and the facilities are decent enough.. rooms are clean and there is a toilet and shower in each room.. decent place to stay

My friends and I were satified with this hostel. It is quite well-located, it's easy and quick (20 to 30mn) to go to central London by bus or subway. The staff was nice, there is someone 24/24 at the reception. The bedroom was small for 6 but we had a bathroom inside (it was nice to to have to get outside of the room) and anyway, it was just a place for sleeping so it was OK. If I come back in London, I'll probably book this hostel again.

• 26th Sep 2013

Very small rooms, but I can live with it. Very clean.

Stayed for 3 days - it was good.Location is perfect,people are friendly,rooms are a little bit small but there is just enough space,bahtrooms are clean and everything was working.There was a neat "common room" where you can chill and watch TV.All in all it is a nice place to.

Rooms too small and beds too short. Some bathrooms were not properly cleaned, some toilets not functioning properly. Not room for everyone in breakfast room. Good, cheap, cosy bar. Internet good.

Bathroom floor would get very wet & slippery whenever someone had showered- a mop or something kept in there to clean up after showers would have been good. Also bag hooks inside each curtained bed compartment would have been ideal.

My boyfriend and I booked a private room with en suite. The room was very compact!! Comfy bed, clean room and bathroom. The only thing bringing the room down is the cheap furnishings and poor handy work, i.e. Our remote had no back and the batteries were held in with duc tape and our shower head was broken away from the wall. Great location, accommodation in London is always expensive so it was ok for what we paid.

Thank you very much for the good words. We will take all your tips under consideration. SCI Staff

We stayed for 4 nights and we could not have been more satisfied. The guys at the desk were very helpful, they borrowed us hairdryer everytime we needed it, the breakfast was good value for the money, location of this hostel was fantastic. Overall I will definitelly recomend this hostel!

the woman who greeted me neglected to tell me about breakfast - or the location of the bathrooms. She also didn't tell me about putting the room card into the slot. The rooms were messy when I arrived but that was only because I got there midday. Carelessly left a current converter in an outlet - and it was still there the next day!

We are sorry you weren't informed properly during the check in, we take our guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. SCI Staff

The only thing the facilities lack is a guest kitchen. Apart from that it is great.

(2043 results)