Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

The hostel is in a lovey area, it was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is also quite central to many of the tourist attractions and even at night felt like a safe area to be in.

• 3rd Jul 2013

Very poor ventilation in the room & only ONE outlet. Not a fan of the triple bunks- no room to store your backpack unless you pay extra for the locked cabinet which nobody did. Cheap drinks at the bar though. Wouldn't be my first choice to stay when I return.

Really small dorms. Sometimes couldn't even walk...

Room is tiny, but the hostel manages to provide enough privacy for guests. Comfy common room. Very convenient neighborhood with lots of affordable restaurants.

Great location, 5 min walk to the tube, beautiful

• 30th Jun 2013

Very good location.

• 29th Jun 2013

I ended up staying there for two nights and was in a different room the second night (luckily). The first night, the room I was in smelled a bit and the bathroom was pretty bad (toilet didnt flush correctly and no curtain in the shower so water just got everywhere). The 2nd night I was in a much better situation and would definitely recommend the hostel because of it. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was lame but it was free so cant expect much more for the price!

Really great hotel/hostel. The atmosphere at the lobby look like a hostel, but the single room with private ensuite really showed that this was a hotel turned into a hostel. Very confortable bed. Room quite small but okay for the european sizes. The location is perfect for the underground and buses as well. We would definately go back.

The Rooms are very small. No Space for your belongings. You have to Pay if you want to use a Computer from the Hostel . I think you can find a better Hostel in London!

Highly recommended. The security is good, they have pretty good sized lockers available for rent. The staff is a good crowd, they speak a very wide range of languages and want to be helpful. I wish the staff knew a little bit more about navigating the city and locations of tourist attractions, but they do try to help the best they can. Had a great time here. The tube is only five minutes away!

• 25th Jun 2013

Good location, rooms and beds seem comfortable enough. Staff were friendly and able to assist me with the questions I had. Onsite bar was a nice addition, and the breakfast was basic but was adequate. The atmosphere was lacking a bit at this hostel, as a solo traveler it is not too easy to meet people staying at the hostel, unless you are in the bar.

Check in was easy and staff was friendly. There's a bar on the ground level, and a more typical common area one floor down. The one downstairs has books and a TV with a good amount of tables to use. You'll probably have to use the common area because the rooms are so hot. The ventilation sucks. The beds were comfy though, and there are privacy curtains which no one used because no one wanted to suffocate to death. The water pressure from the shower was weak, and the bathroom was kinda old/smelly

Best place to stay in while visiting London! staff is wonderful and I would recommend this hostel to everyone!!!

• 19th Jun 2013
  • Israel

the room I stayed was very small. I could not even move. Also It was double room. The water was coming too slow from the douche. Thats all I can say. I recommend it to backpackers

• 19th Jun 2013
  • Bulgaria

I liked a location because I like Hyde park.

• 18th Jun 2013

스텝들이 매우 친절해서 좋음.

• 18th Jun 2013
  • South Korea

Well accessible to the tube, well secured, good staff. Worth staying here.

Lovely rooms, newly renovated & in a lovely area. Close to tube & buses. Room was a little pricey for what you get. It's quite small, no aircon & the showers were just a trickle which wasn't great. Would stay agin for overnight or a few days.

Very clean and a good standard for such a low price. I hadn't noticed that the beds were so short when booking, so for someone longer than ~180 cm that might be unpleasant. It was nice to have a simple breakfast included for those days when I didn't feel like looking for a coffee shop. All staff that I spoke with was friendly and helpful. It felt good to come back after a day in the city.

• 10th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

I stayed at Smart Hyde Park View with my family for one night because they wanted to experience my backpacker life. This is located across the street of Kensington Garden and its not hard to get to with public transportation. The staffs are helpful and nice. I didn't expect such high bunk beds. The toiler and shower wasn't working so my whole family ended up not taking a shower after a tired day!!! A simple breakfast is also included with our stay, thats a plus for such a reasonable price!

• 8th Jun 2013