Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

improve the water supply for the shower

• 1st Oct 2013

The hostel is in a really nice location - safe neighborhood and very close to the Hyde Park. Can definitely recommend it.

This hostel definitely caters to groups of screaming school children. The dorm room was not cleaned everyday, and some guests had left their take out food to mold on the common shelves. The ensuite bathroom was cleaned daily, but somewhat overused, and there weren't many other bathrooms. Space was tight, and my fellow guests were less than polite about storing their luggage out of the way. Laundry on site was cheap.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully hopefully the next time will be better. SCI Staff

if you are in a top bunk you must climb up two sets of ladders past 2 beds to get to the top.. the ladders are not sturdy and noone has any idea about the lockers under the beds.. the staff dont tell you much. and its 5pds for a towel you must buy. all in all its a great location and the facilities are decent enough.. rooms are clean and there is a toilet and shower in each room.. decent place to stay

My friends and I were satified with this hostel. It is quite well-located, it's easy and quick (20 to 30mn) to go to central London by bus or subway. The staff was nice, there is someone 24/24 at the reception. The bedroom was small for 6 but we had a bathroom inside (it was nice to to have to get outside of the room) and anyway, it was just a place for sleeping so it was OK. If I come back in London, I'll probably book this hostel again.

• 26th Sep 2013

Very small rooms, but I can live with it. Very clean.

Stayed for 3 days - it was good.Location is perfect,people are friendly,rooms are a little bit small but there is just enough space,bahtrooms are clean and everything was working.There was a neat "common room" where you can chill and watch TV.All in all it is a nice place to.

Rooms too small and beds too short. Some bathrooms were not properly cleaned, some toilets not functioning properly. Not room for everyone in breakfast room. Good, cheap, cosy bar. Internet good.

Bathroom floor would get very wet & slippery whenever someone had showered- a mop or something kept in there to clean up after showers would have been good. Also bag hooks inside each curtained bed compartment would have been ideal.

My boyfriend and I booked a private room with en suite. The room was very compact!! Comfy bed, clean room and bathroom. The only thing bringing the room down is the cheap furnishings and poor handy work, i.e. Our remote had no back and the batteries were held in with duc tape and our shower head was broken away from the wall. Great location, accommodation in London is always expensive so it was ok for what we paid.

Thank you very much for the good words. We will take all your tips under consideration. SCI Staff

We stayed for 4 nights and we could not have been more satisfied. The guys at the desk were very helpful, they borrowed us hairdryer everytime we needed it, the breakfast was good value for the money, location of this hostel was fantastic. Overall I will definitelly recomend this hostel!

the woman who greeted me neglected to tell me about breakfast - or the location of the bathrooms. She also didn't tell me about putting the room card into the slot. The rooms were messy when I arrived but that was only because I got there midday. Carelessly left a current converter in an outlet - and it was still there the next day!

We are sorry you weren't informed properly during the check in, we take our guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. SCI Staff

The only thing the facilities lack is a guest kitchen. Apart from that it is great.

Stayed in a double room for 3 nights. Was told by the staff that the lift was out of service indefinitely, which was bad as we stayed on the 4th floor. The room was small but clean. Housekeeping is done everyday. We couldn't find the do-not-disturb tag. Breakfast was ok, cereal, toast, ham and cheese. Location is good, 5min walk to Queensway station (central line). Just outside the station is a street full of restaurants, convenience stores and Whiteleys shopping center.

Nice hostel, everything was nice, it is in a good place near queensway subway station! really near to the center center and it is in a nice district with every shop and in ! zone 1 ! The staff is very friendly !! there is a good living room with a lot of film, book etc,, nice, the bed have curtains!, nice ! the wrong point is the bed was a little small in distance, (i am 1.82m) so sleep with my leg straight was a bit difficult So very nice hostel

I stayed in a 9 person bunk room, so I was not paying for a fancy situation. Still, when I arrived the single bathroom in the bunk room was very dirty. The bunks are 3 tiered and it was not easy to scramble around other people and make the bed. The free breakfast in the morning was meager. However, I was only there for one night so it was tolerable and nothing was stolen. The staff was all foreign and helpful when I asked specific questions.

• 6th Sep 2013

Thank you for review. Our housekeeping/cleaning times between 06:30 am- 23:00. beside of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly. Also some guests are very disrespectful when it comes to keeping shared spaces clean. HPV Staff

Staff were very friendly and the room was nice. You have to pay extra to pay with credit card, to use a locker and to leave your luggage the day you check out. These are not services I usually have to pay extra for.

Very good

if you intend to wash your hair in the 9 person dorm, it might be difficult as the showers have a 5 second timer with a button! the room and shower always dirty. the common room is dark and gloomy and the free breakfast is verrry basic (ive had better in other hostels). the only good thing is the location and i guess thats the price you pay for London!! be careful with leaving your stuff in your room...things do go missing..even if you use their lockers! I hear the 6 person dorm is better

Comfy beds, friendly staff, ideally located. Excellent value for money!

• 28th Aug 2013