Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU?, London, England

Stayed in a double room for 3 nights. Was told by the staff that the lift was out of service indefinitely, which was bad as we stayed on the 4th floor. The room was small but clean. Housekeeping is done everyday. We couldn't find the do-not-disturb tag. Breakfast was ok, cereal, toast, ham and cheese. Location is good, 5min walk to Queensway station (central line). Just outside the station is a street full of restaurants, convenience stores and Whiteleys shopping center.

Nice hostel, everything was nice, it is in a good place near queensway subway station! really near to the center center and it is in a nice district with every shop and in ! zone 1 ! The staff is very friendly !! there is a good living room with a lot of film, book etc,, nice, the bed have curtains!, nice ! the wrong point is the bed was a little small in distance, (i am 1.82m) so sleep with my leg straight was a bit difficult So very nice hostel

I stayed in a 9 person bunk room, so I was not paying for a fancy situation. Still, when I arrived the single bathroom in the bunk room was very dirty. The bunks are 3 tiered and it was not easy to scramble around other people and make the bed. The free breakfast in the morning was meager. However, I was only there for one night so it was tolerable and nothing was stolen. The staff was all foreign and helpful when I asked specific questions.

• 6th Sep 2013

Thank you for review. Our housekeeping/cleaning times between 06:30 am- 23:00. beside of our hourly check, we rely on guests to report any cleaning issues where we will get it resolved promptly. Also some guests are very disrespectful when it comes to keeping shared spaces clean. HPV Staff

Staff were very friendly and the room was nice. You have to pay extra to pay with credit card, to use a locker and to leave your luggage the day you check out. These are not services I usually have to pay extra for.

Very good

if you intend to wash your hair in the 9 person dorm, it might be difficult as the showers have a 5 second timer with a button! the room and shower always dirty. the common room is dark and gloomy and the free breakfast is verrry basic (ive had better in other hostels). the only good thing is the location and i guess thats the price you pay for London!! be careful with leaving your stuff in your room...things do go missing..even if you use their lockers! I hear the 6 person dorm is better

Comfy beds, friendly staff, ideally located. Excellent value for money!

• 28th Aug 2013

Good location, nice staff, but the atmosphere was lacking. I think it's from the general configuration of the building since it looked like a converted hotel. A nice feature was having the keycard-activated lockers right below the bed, but there is no luggage hold so be prepared to take out your valuables and use the lockers!

I have been to many hostels around the world. This is the first time I had to pay to store my bag for a couple of hours after check out. The girl did not even check my ticket so security is not even really provided despite the £2 charge for storage. Breakfast was pretty average, with hardly any space to sit down as the canteen was crowded. It's also a shame that there are no kitchen facilities, not even a kettle. The bedroom was tiny, the bathroom stank. The location is great though.

• 24th Aug 2013

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay fully and really appreciate your feedback. HPV Staff

The location is nice, close to metro station and a few things to see, the hostel sale the maps for £3 thats rude for the backpackers, the enviroment is poor, if you want party there is not the place

This was my first stay at the Hostel..... so I was a bit apprehensive on what to expect, but when I arrived the atmosphere was very good, the big guy on reception was very helpful and chatty. Also the dorm and bathroom was clean, I would recommend this hostel for travellers to stay. John

Security was good. Spacious lockers available and all the lock systems help to limit access drastically. Location was very nice and in a quiet and safe neighborhood just north of the park. Cleanliness was slightly lacking in the bathrooms but improved after my first night. The included breakfast is very simple, just toast and/or cornflakes with milk, but it is a nice plus that adds to the good value of this hostel

• 20th Aug 2013

will be reccomending this hostel to all my friends

• 18th Aug 2013

No kitchen makes it an expensive stay and the common room needs fresh air. Otherwise all good

NIce and cosy

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Lithuania

good overall.

• 14th Aug 2013

The facility was Disgusting.

• 9th Aug 2013

I was travelling to London with a friend to attend a Harry Potter conference (LeakyCon)....we were both very pleased with our stay. We stayed in a twin private en-suite bedroom, which was extremely clean. Towels were changed in a daily basis and there was also a safe for our use. Staff were always very helpful no matter what time of day. Both my friend and I found value for money to be excellent and would stay here again any time/recommend the hostel to other travellers.

Every thing was great, exept one thing : the quality of breakfast and the staff who manage it. Why don't you propose fruit juice or fruit for example ? It's quite difficult to start a day without fruit! Maybe you should also propose more kind of jam or others "consistent" things to eat. The breakfast staff should be nicer and not so pressing to end with the breakfast! But it's still the only problem in this -almost- heaven place :)

• 5th Aug 2013

the location is very nice, the staff too, the only negative point are the triplex beds, the room is a little too small for 9 people. But its still worthy.

(2043 results)