Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Lithuania

good overall.

• 14th Aug 2013

The facility was Disgusting.

• 9th Aug 2013

I was travelling to London with a friend to attend a Harry Potter conference (LeakyCon)....we were both very pleased with our stay. We stayed in a twin private en-suite bedroom, which was extremely clean. Towels were changed in a daily basis and there was also a safe for our use. Staff were always very helpful no matter what time of day. Both my friend and I found value for money to be excellent and would stay here again any time/recommend the hostel to other travellers.

Every thing was great, exept one thing : the quality of breakfast and the staff who manage it. Why don't you propose fruit juice or fruit for example ? It's quite difficult to start a day without fruit! Maybe you should also propose more kind of jam or others "consistent" things to eat. The breakfast staff should be nicer and not so pressing to end with the breakfast! But it's still the only problem in this -almost- heaven place :)

• 5th Aug 2013

the location is very nice, the staff too, the only negative point are the triplex beds, the room is a little too small for 9 people. But its still worthy.

The staff at Smart Hyde Park were very friendly and accomodating and went out of there way to make sure we had a pleasant stay! Helping with setting up tours, finding places to eat. Always smiling and friendly.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Pretty good first experience in a hostel! The bunks have privacy curtains which is a plus. Overall room and bathroom was reasonably clean and nice. Only downside is that you have to rent lockers under the bed for £2 a day, but I didn't and didn't have a worry about security.

No soap in the bathroom. Unclean bathroom. Staff rude and unpleasant.

• 31st Jul 2013

Really bad attitude from staff,a large lazy chap called Ross was at reception and was very unfriendly and unhelpful.He d wasnt wearing his name tag and showed it to me in a disrespectful way when I asked his name and spelt it out R O S S. I didnt have a cash deposit of £30 for my sheets and wasnt informed of this when I booked at the reception of the hostel a week earlier.I told him I was a member of the armed forces and could I pay when I checked in.He stated policy and laughedBad experience.

Hostel is standard - 3 level bunk beds but ensuite bathroom facilities, breakfast is offered (basic but still a bonus) and staff are pretty good. However manager thought he knew everything

Smart Hyde was a nice place to stay, though our first night we were in a nine bedroom dorm and it was very small and hot. We were able to switch rooms the next morning and the staff were very helpful and accomodating. Beds were comfy though, lockers that you don't have to pay for would be nice. Towels are a bit pricey but you can keep them which was nice so we didn't have to rent towels during the rest of our trip. It's a little far from the touristy stops but it depends on what you want to see.

Although in a nice location by Hyde Park, the rooms are tiny, fairly dirty and facilities are just not very nice. They nickel and dime you for everything (including lockers) despite the fact they have a large theft problem. My phone, another traveler's phone, an adapter, and an oyster card were all stolen on different occasions. There were babies running around, and it reminded me of Jerry Springer. Staff were amiable, and many of the problems are not their causing, but you can find better.

There was nine of us staying in what i was led to believe a nine bed dormitory. Unfortunately the room was extremely small to the point that i was shocked when i saw it . One child in my party is disabled and the walk space between the beds was 3 foot wide so we could not have the wheelchair in the room because we couldnt walk around his chair as there was no room . My boy cant walk at all so he spent his time in the room lying on the bed .

• 27th Jul 2013

The toilet was broken when we first got there and the curtains from the bed were gone the second night. There were (young) kids screaming at all hours. The location was very nice since it was close to a tube station.

We are sorry not everything met your expectations during your stay. We are fixing all the faults in the hostels on everyday basis. The curtains need to be washed as well. We do not have an influence over our guests behavior we can only ask to follow our rules not force them. HPV Staff

Free wifi in lobby with seating area and bar. Beds with curtains for privacy enable you to sleep at any time. Had a seperate, own bathroom with bath tub and an extra mirror in the room - perfect for our clubbingnight stay with five girls! Easy to reach Piccadilly Circus with prehired cars at the reception for 28£, 5min walk from metro station.

• 27th Jul 2013

The Hostel was just great, great location, rooms were clean, a little small but good. the staff were very good.

The rooms for 9 people are very crowded (3 storey bunk beds) and hot, you can open a window for only about 20 cm - very claustrophobic

Wifi in hotel rooms would be appreciated. Wifi should be faster. The carpet in the staircase should be replaced.

Overall a pretty decent hostel. I really didn't like that you had to pay for a locker and the overwhelming heat at night made it impossible to sleep (GET FANS!). However the people were friendly and the bar was very cool. Great location too

• 22nd Jul 2013

Hi Matthew, Thank you for the good words. Sorry for the heat it was unexpected in London:) SHPV Staff

(2029 results)