Smart Hyde Park View Reviews

16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU, London, England

The staff at reception and the bar and in the dining room are always friendly, ready to assist and diplomatic specially the receptionists, it's a pleasure staying in your establishment and I like the idea of the all day bar and all day dining room access. You can't find more friendlier staff members then those of Hydepark View, the welcoming smile is radiant and the staff in general are very well informed and dressed well and well groomed, pedicured and manicured with cool hairstyles :-)

Only had two power points and none in the bathroom. Lockers came at extra charge and weren't particularly big so anyone with luggage had to leave it in the very small amount of room between the bunks. You had to pay for water because the taps in the rooms had signs telling you not to drink the water. On the up side the internet connection was very good.

• 24th Jul 2015

Need to inform customers what does the Breakfast consist of. Staff did not have a very good local knowledge of where things where.

• 24th Jul 2015

Hello, Our staff are constantly being trained and reviewed by their managers, we take customer service very serious in our company and ensure it is to a high standard. We will investigate the issue you have kindly pointed out and deal with it accordingly. Best regards

Wifi works well and the 6bedroom was alright. The breakfast is poor - only toasts and coffee. I've already stayed at a large number of hostels which offered a much better breakfast for the same price (Nutella, ham, cheese, cookies, yogurt, good fruit)! So I guess that a better offering should really be considered

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Great central location for a few days exploring London, walking distance to Paddington sation

More for breakfast, not only toast but also somthing more calorical.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return in the future. We offer our guests a free all you can eat breakfast consisting of tea, coffee, squash, toast, spreads and cereal. We do offer a breakfast upgrade for £3 in which you gain ham, cheese, yoghurt and a extra cereal option. Thank you again for staying with us at Smart Hostels.

Não é confortável. Os quartos são pequenos e as camas menores ainda. Não nos dão a opção de usar cadeado. Pagar para usar o locker durante a hospedagem é absurdo. Café da manhã é pífio.

Part of our company’s action to be competitive and fit to any budget in a good location, is to offer a basic breakfast for free. For clarity we offer lockers for £1.50 per night which can be acquired at our reception. All our dormitory rooms are equipped European-standard beds. Thank you again we hope to see you again soon.

The hostel is clean and well located. However, the room (6 bed female dorm) was small, with only 1 bathroom ensuite (toilet & shower) and thus the queue could get really long, I would suggest waking up early if you are tight with time. The towel rent is £5, which I consider outrageous, and for every luggage you'd like to store, the hostel charge you £2. There is a lift, but it was not working, I don't think it ever did.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Indonesia

Hello, Our hostels offers a range of different sized dormitories. Some rooms may seem a little overcrowded. We are in the process of changing our service provider. This should come into place really soon, we apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. We do offer our guests lockers in the rooms or a secure luggage room for a small price. Best regards,

Very small room with very small beds! Friendly enough staff and not a bad spot. Clean.

Our company is proud for providing excellent customer service in a clean and safe environment and offer cheap accommodation in significant locations. Our hostel rooms might have different size than other and could look and feel overcrowded. The beds we offer to guests are following the European standards and might feel a bit small for persons over 3 meters. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Las camas cuentan con cortinas, tienes que dejar una fianza de 10 dólares cuando llegas que te devuelven al marcharte. Si quieres una cajonera para tus cosas de valor tienes que pagar 1,5 libras por día, y el desayuno es leche, café, cereales, tostadas con mantequilla y mermelada. Tienen lavadora. Hay españoles en recepción y el personal intenta ayudarte en lo que puede. Esta muy bien comunicado con otras zonas, yo estuve 3 noches en una habitación de cuatro y no tuve ningún problema.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your review and comments. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our location so convenient. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope you'll be able to come back soon.

At check-in I was accidentally put in the wrong room which they discovered at 2230 on the third night I was there. At the time of check-in I would have appreciated a sign listing all of the extras and the costs available to me before I climbed two flights of stairs, unpacked my things and discovered that my room card did not work on the security locker under my bed. There is an extra daily fee to get a card for those but that card works on any locker--so much for security.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you took advantage of central location next to Hyde Park. It is unfortunate that there was mix up with your room and we are happy that the situation was resolved quickly. Our Locker a can be rented for £1.50 per night and open by keycard that we program individually at reception. Thank you again for staying with us at Smart Hostels.

This was my first time to a smart hostel. Frstly. The staff were excellent. They excelled at assistng us if they could. The room was very disappointing. Nine persons to such a small room. I'll know better next time. My biggest complaint was the lack of wifi. We never had internet access at all during our two night stay. No internet meant no cntact with home and no research on local attractions.

• 15th Jul 2015

Hello, Thanks for you time to gave us your feedback. Smart Hyde Park View offers a range of different sized dormitories, suitable for the different guests that we accommodate. Some rooms may seem a little overcrowded, but it is not the case with all our rooms. We acknowledge that at times our Wi-Fi slows down, which is why we are in the process of changing our service provider. This should come into place really soon, we apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Best regards,

Very good location. Staff were helpful. They were refurbishing the bar area when we arrived but it was finished by the morning so we were able to have breakfast. The room was spacious, clean and good facilities.

• 11th Jul 2015

Hi, thank you for your review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and excited to tell you that our reception and bar area refurbishment has been finished and we hope you'll be able to come back soon to see. Thanks again for staying at Smart Hostels.

Good hostel, though very very small room. I got unlucky to get, in a 3-bed bunker, the top bed, so it was not the most comfortable to get up / get down. In addition the 09-bed mixed dorm is small enough for 09 people. And the bed was just about my size (5'10"), but anyone taller would find difficult to fit in the bed. Staff was nice and helpful. Good cleanliness.

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. We try to offer accommodation at a competitive rate near the centre of the city, being in such a desirable place, floor space is reduce but we do have a variety of room sizes to select from including 9, 6, and 4 bed dorms. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be able to visit again soon.

Everything was nice. Maybe have the towel included?

• 10th Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. we are delighted that you enjoyed your say with and hope you'll consider coming back soon. Many guests supply there own towels but if a towel is needed then our 24 hour reception sells towels for £5 each. Thank you again for staying with us at Smart Hostels.

Breakfast was very limited. The beds were not long enough (and I am not even that tall) and £5 for a towel is in my opinion quite expensive. Furthermore, to not even provide a hand towel in the bathroom was very poor - once I washed my hands I had no way of drying them (until I went and hired a full sized towel). I think you could at least provide a hand towel with the main towels once paid for. Also, the curtains do not cover the windows so I woke as soon as the sun came up. Shower too low.

Hi there, thank for your review and feedback. All our beds are European Standard size, unfortunately the standard is not ideal for people who are 2 meters tall. We do not supply towels in our dorms as many guests do not require them, Your thoughts on a hand towel will be passed on to the relevant department to be considered for future improvements to our service.Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for staying with us at Smart Hostels.

Estuve un fin de semana en este hostal en una habitacion privada. La habitacion era pequeña pero acogedora y limpia.laubicacion buena cerca de marble arch. El desayuno suficiente y el staff muy agradable

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Hello, thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad to learn that we were able to assist you during your stay and that you found the facilities were up to scratch. We hope you'll back to visit sometime soon.

Our toilet in our room barely worked and the hostel staff was not friendly at all. Common area was mediocre at best and no community feel. Location was awesome and clean enough.

Thank you for your review, it is unfortunate that your stay with us was not as enjoyable for you as we would have liked. Our staff receive regular training in customer service as we strife to supply the best service possible. Our maintenance staff start at 08:00 and finish at 17:00. However, if any maintenance issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. Thank you again for staying with Smart Hostels.

Great stay, was affordable and well located. The staff were really lovely. Only thing was in the 9 bed dorm the windows didn't open and it got very hot in the room, and there was also very limited space to put bags etc in the room. Apart from that, everything else was great!

• 9th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your feedback, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the window issue, our maintenance staff start as early as 08:00 and finish at 17:00.. However, if any maintenance issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. We hope to see you soon again.

We were delighted with our room. The beds and bedding were comfortable. Breakfast was nice too. All the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The seating area outside is wonderful for a bit of people watching and outdoor drinks. There was a nice atmostphere among the guests which made it a very pleasant stay. I would only stay here from now on - we all LOVED it.

Thanks for the review, We really enjoy our job so it's great to hear that you had a good time with us! Come back any time. We hope to see you soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7