Smart Place Gare du Nord Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

The staff was nice and worked 24/7, the kitchen was usable, everything was clean. It wasn't in a very nice part of town though. Not much in the area, and not a comfortable area to walk around at night. Although there is a train station near by and you can get anywhere in the city. The lockers were too small and had to pay to use (couldn't use a padlock). But it was a nice facility, and there's a couple guitars in the lobby which was a plus.

Smart place had about the nicest accommodations you can ask for in Paris. They were relatively small, but Paris is a huge, crowded place. The social atmosphere at the hostel was very quiet, which was disappointing.

Don't let staying near Gare du Nord put you off this hostel. The area is not half as bad as people suggest. Hostel is in a great location- a mere 5 minute walk from Gare du Nord. Definitely convenient if taking the train to the airport. Lots of restaurants and cafés in the area. Staff were pleasant, check-in and out was efficient, room was clean although some air-conditioning wouldn't have gone amiss. WIFI perfect. Can't comment on the breakfast or the common areas as I didn't avail of them

Made some friends the first night I was there, had a lot of fun and the hostel really does have a community feel. There were ensuite bathrooms while I had never had in a hostel before so it was awesome!

My fist time staying at a hostel, i was surprise on how clean the room is and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Very convenient location too.

• 6th May 2015

Definitely a good place to stay! Walking distance to Montmartre/Sacre Coeur, Gare du Nord & Est, nice area. We were really happy about the kitchen and the 24hr reception.

• 30th Apr 2015

We didn't stay at the hostel but it looked awesome and the staff was really helpful. 10/10

• 30th Apr 2015

Awesome. Continue your great service...

Solid place. Great location if you don't want to have to walk far from the main station. I found most of the staff to be quite friendly and helpful. There is a kitchen and lots of fridge space for guests (and you WANT this, because Paris picnics are the best picnics). It's €2/hour every time you need to use the lobby computers, so that's a little lame but it's my only complaint. All in all it was a nice stay. Met some cool people here as well.

If you're going in with the mentality that it's a budget hostel than it won't be a disappointment. The rooms are compact, I saw ants in the bathroom, and the lobby was always sweltering hot. But if you're just looking for a place to sleep they have comfortable beds at least.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry that we were not up to expectations. As far as the heat in the lobby, the weather changes drastically so we have not turned off the heat yet in case it gets cold again. As for the ants, it sometimes happens in the spring don't hesitate to come get us so we can act quickly we're here 24/7 Thanks Myriam

excellent location, friendly staff and safety in Gare de Nord area, but the room is small and only three charger in four person apartment

Thank you very much for your kind review, we're very happy you enjoyed yourself at the Smartplace. As far as the rooms, we're in a typical parisian building, it's part of the authentic experience. We are going to do some refurbishing work soon and we will take your comment about power outlets into account. thanks again for the review and happy travels Myriam

A good hostel coz it's close to the railway station, about 5 mins walk, so quite convenient to take subways or RER to airport. There is a grocery in front of the hostel, easy to get eating staff. Staff was helpful.

Thanks for your warm review. We are always happy to help people feel welcome in Paris. We are lucky enough to be ideally located so that everyone can make the most out of their parisian trip! Thanks again for sharing! Myriam

Our favourite hostel on the trip. SO clean, friendly and centrally located. We even tried to come back but it was booked, c'est la vie!! Private rooms are well worth the extra if you're a couple travelling. Not far from north train station.

I've stayed here twice before for one night while in transit but this is the first time I've stayed here for a few nights as a tourist. The rooms are clean and comfortable if a bit cramped. Free tea and coffee was a bonus but water had to be boiled in a saucepan. An electric kettle would be a good thing to have. The area is lively with lots of shops, bars and restaurants and the sights are only a metro ride away - also convenient for the airport. The staff were also pleasant.

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We have replaced the Kettle. A guest had a small mishap with the previous one. I'm very glad you enjoyed yourself while staying at the Smartplace, our rooms are a little on the cosy side but that's part of the authentic parisian experience. Our building is a little piece of Paris history. Please visit us again on your next trip to Paris! Myriam

For the money it cant be beat!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Smart Place team wishes you safe travels!

The Smart Place Hostel is extremely well located a only 3 blocks from Gare du Nord, walking distance to Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur. It is also close to Metro and buses lines too. The rooms are small but very comfortable. The hostel has an elevator. Staff is really nice and gentle.

Thanks a million for your great review. We're glad to hear you had a good time while staying with us. We are very lucky to be so well situated it makes everything easily accessible and you can get a lot done in a short while. Staff is great but we have wonderful guests. Hope to see you again on your next trip! Myriam

only coffee for breakfast. should have bread or scone at least

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We don't serve breakfast but we do serve coffee and tea for free and our kitchen is open 24hours. Smart Place team wishes you safe journeys!

I felt that the lockers were rather small...struggled to place my backpack?.medium size, in. the bathroom was cleaned everyday, which was nice. Maybe a map would be a great idea...I struggled to find the correct street, as the intersection in question has about 3-4 streets, and it was hard to see the street name.

Thank you for having the time to share this information with us! We regret you had this experience but we do have a luggage room for bigger bags, which access is controlled 24/7 by our team. On the lobby there are plenty of Paris maps and our reception is open 24hours in case guests will need any information. We wish you great travels and please visit us again on your next trip to Paris !

Very nice place to stay. Comfortable, staff are nice and really helpful. And the hostel is about a 4 or 5 min walk from gare du nord station, and you can catch a train there to get everywhere..from the Louvre to the airport.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Jamaica

We thank you for having the time to share your experience with us! Our team wishes you safe journeys!

I only had the pleasure of staying at Smart Place for one day and night but I enjoyed every aspect of my stay, they absolutely live up to all the good reviews I read prior to my arrival. The staff were very friendly and helpful, on a scale of 1 to 5 I'd give 7 if I could. The location is great as well, very close to metro lines, the Sacred Heart Cathedral which provides a spectacular view of the city and a few great pubs for drinks and socializing. Would definitely stay here again, thanks staff!

Thanks for the 7 out of 5 we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure having you and thanks again for taking the time to share. We are glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and we hope to show you a better time during your next trip to Paris. Safe and happy travels until we see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3