Smart Place Gare du Nord Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

A great hostel, well located near the station which was very handy. The staff were excellent, rooms great and we felt very safe here!

• 24th Aug 2015

Honestly we didn't expect it would be much better from our first hostel in Paris, but we got it wrong. Although our dorms was quite small shared by 4 people, we had the bathroom inside. The kitchen is quite lively and busy with guests cooking their meal. We always run out of coffee! :D Friendly and helpful staff, especially Alex, who has full of energy and always smiles and laughs. No breakfast, but it's ok since a nice bakery is closed by.

Lack of toilets and showers

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was bothered slightly that I did not have a practical shower. The shower head was broken off and there was no curtain or door. It was nearly impossible to avoid getting water outside the shower.

Arrived and got bumped up to a 3 Person Private Room for free, which was fantastic. Location is less than a five minute walk from the Gare Du Nord, making arrival and departure easy as well as using transit in the city the day of. Staff was very, very friendly; the neighbourhood was classy, and the rooms were very nice. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe as a whole, even if the price is a little high.

Most enjoyable, with charming staff

The location is right next to the main station in Paris so boarding the metro is relatively easy. There are lots of shops around the hostel. Majority of the tourist hot spots are far however. The room itself was nice and clean. Only problem I had was having to make my own bed as they give you sheets at reception. The bathroom was very nice and clean. The front desk can be good and bad depending on who is working. The young lady was absolutely amazing. However the man was terrible.

Very clean and comfortable with great staff who were happy to answer any questions. The kitchen was really well equipped and there was a nice common area. Being so close to the gare du nord was great as it meant everything was easily accessible including our Eurostar home. Very decent price especially for Paris, and I would definitely study here again.

Well let me tell you the good: Your staff! Everybody was so friendly and helpful,nice and smiley people,we felt really welcomed even though we just stay for one night; the Internet was good as well;the kitchen was clean and tidy and the location close to the station is really handy.The bad:The toilet was smelly and dirty,I understand there's people using it but shouldn't you be cleaning it everyday? No hand towel,neither soup for your hands.And making my own bed isn't that nice after a long day.

Can't really comment as the hostel upgraded us to a hotel down the road which was a bit of a shame. It's not far from the Gare Du Nord but this isn't a very nice area particularly at night time.

Staff were friendly and Hostel. A nice Hostel with in walking distance from Gare Du Nord Station and Metro, and a 20 minute walk to the Sacre Coure.

very nice and helpful staff. nice room with balcony (the one i stayed). indeed very, very convenient location.

Average. Very close to Gare de Nord which was great for my late night arrival. Room was tiny and not terribly well ventilated during a heat wave with temperatures up to 35°.

Excellent location, close to Gare du Nord. The place is pretty clean but it is tiny, and by this I mean really tiny. I took a bed in a 4-bed female bedroom but the tap over the sink in the bathroom was completely broken and could not be used at all. Nobody repaired it during the two days I was there. Not happy with the facilities given the huge price one needs to pay to stay there.

• 14th Jul 2015

Great stay for a short period of time. The hostel itself was quite clean and had a nice vibe. The location was a bit far from sights but close to the north train station which provides direct access to the airport. The area is a big doggy as there are some weird people and lots of homeless near the train station. However, overall it was a very nice stay and definitely good value for money.

The staff were outstanding. Incredibly helpful and friendly. They made all the difference in being able to find our way around Paris and making our stay comfortable. Location was great. Good security, good kitchen facilities, easy parking. Definitely a good place to stay for your money.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great staff, very close to big train station, clean facilities, would recommend this hostel! Only thing- the top bunks need rails :|

Staff was helpful and the lift a blessing carrying up the suitcases. The street side is noisy with traffic but the ear plugs were a nice gesture. I would stay again but request a inner room. My 12 year old daughter enjoyed the Foosball table.

Great atmosphere and in close proximity to many modes of transportation.

Lobby area had a good community atmosphere. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Wifi was okay in the lobby, but not very good in the rooms. Had to rent towels for 1 euro each. Laundry was difficult to access and expensive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4