Smart Place Gare du Nord Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Got nothing but positive to say about Smart Place, recomended!!

The staff here make the place what it is! Staff were warm and welcoming and went above and beyond to ensure that I had everything I needed. They were friendly and happy to chat and offer advice or make fresh coffee or suggest climbing the Sacre Coeur at 3am for the best views of the city. I hope management knows what gems they have in their staff!! Facilities were decent, an average hostel, dorm and common area always clean. Great location for access to Gare du Nord, literally around the corner!

OK hostel, but will not stay again. Good location near Gare du Nord and very clean, but the cons outweigh the pros. Expensive (even for Paris), rooms located beside the life shaft can be noisy, never any tea or coffee (sign says to ask when empty, but in a hostel they're always empty), internet not free, no couches to chill out, and rooms need updating. Girl on reception was not impolite, but not polite either. It's not a bad place, but not one of the better I have stayed in.

Dear Michael, Thank you so much for your your return about your stay. I am sorry that your stay did not go well as you want. We offer coffee and tea every day also the wifi. It is not normal that you did not receive these services. Be sure that we will do the necessary during your next stay if you will allow us a chance. I remain at your disposal Best regards Sandrine A Manager

You can say, it can't be everything is excellent. Well this go beyond excellent it is a new experience in how to treat visitors. People that work for their salaries but treat you like a real person, with lots of kindness and patience. There are bad things in the outside. But, when you arrived to the hostel you forget all the other things and feel like a 5 stars 500.00 dls. Hotel. Thank you very much Smart Place, Garu du Nord and very specially to Great person and Great Employee. AUGUSTO. THANKS!

Dear Jose, Thank you so much for this nice comment. Be sure that we shared your comment with Augusto and the staff. Our goal is your satisfaction and we want you feel at home. We hope to see you soon Jose Best regards Sandrine A Manager

The hostel is ok; could be better for that money

It is small, but overall very nice place with a hood staff and location. Thts actually wht traveller needed,.

Nice Hostel, very well-located right next to Gare du Nord. Easy to find and in a safe area.

I really loved this hostel! It was one of the best hostels if visited and I can really recommend it. Because of some "bad" reviews I wasn't really sure how it would be there and I was really surprised and happy that I've chosen this hostel! The kitchen is really good, the bathroom and the room were clean (they're cleaned every day) there is free coffee and tea etc. The team is very nice and you can get a lot of infos there about your trip. The hostel is very close to the metro station!

The staff were extremely helpful. We were very happy to have a room with a shower.

It looks like a room for two but they made it for 4 persons. Too small and tight for 4 person inside, really hard for us even to open the luggage. Not as good as we expected from the price we paid. The good things : it's near the main station, easy to reach if we arrived at night.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Best location, a few minutes walk from one of the biggest train stations. I found not the best atmosphere though, most people didnt interact with anyone.

Great location. Kitchen small, didn't using it.

Very close to the city.. You could hop on to inter country trains from gare du nord station.. The top most floor is super conjugated because of the sloping of the roof.. They could do something about that. Plus the rooms need a bit of table or chair to sit down as the beds are too short to sit down and relax.. For anyone above 6' it's going to be way too difficult. Apart from that amazing location and lobby to relax!

Very good location close to "Gare du Nord". Staff at the reception is very kind (especially the nightshift). But a general lack of atmosphere is blatant. For one or two nights in Paris.

Bathtub had no shower curtain

Good staff & location , tiny rooms ... but it's Paris where space is at premium ...

Only a short walk from Gare Du Nord train station. Easy to find and reception manned 24/7. Staff were friendly and helpful and spoke English which helped as my French is very basic. A reasonable kitchen with plenty of fridge space for guests food. Short walk to grocery and Supermarket and restaurants/cafes/bars. Rooms were decent but lockers were too small to fit packs. The only glaring problem area was the bathroom. Toilet had ongoing problems a the shower over the bath needs a screen around it

• 7th Sep 2015

Even before we arrived the communication with the hotel was excellent. They responded quickly. When we arrived the staff was friendly and had all the information we needed. The room and bathroom were (really) small, but clean.

Location: Easily accessible from train station. Within a 15 minute from Sacré-Cœur and 25 minute downhill walk to the Palais Garnier. Staff: multilingual and very willing to help you with questions about Paris-- transportation, places to see, food to eat. Room: Clean and quiet.

This is close to the Gare du Nord, and it was convenient. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm. The bathroom wasn't clean, and not enough toilet paper. The towels were thin, and shower screen broken, so water went everywhere. The light didn't work, and the room was cold. Only 1 power point in the room. The beds didn't have individual facilities (reading light, power point, shelf) and there was not enough storage for our bags, and no hooks for wet towels or jackets. The average hostel is better than this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4