Smart Place Gare du Nord Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

I felt that the lockers were rather small...struggled to place my backpack?.medium size, in. the bathroom was cleaned everyday, which was nice. Maybe a map would be a great idea...I struggled to find the correct street, as the intersection in question has about 3-4 streets, and it was hard to see the street name.

Very nice place to stay. Comfortable, staff are nice and really helpful. And the hostel is about a 4 or 5 min walk from gare du nord station, and you can catch a train there to get everywhere..from the Louvre to the airport.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Jamaica

I only had the pleasure of staying at Smart Place for one day and night but I enjoyed every aspect of my stay, they absolutely live up to all the good reviews I read prior to my arrival. The staff were very friendly and helpful, on a scale of 1 to 5 I'd give 7 if I could. The location is great as well, very close to metro lines, the Sacred Heart Cathedral which provides a spectacular view of the city and a few great pubs for drinks and socializing. Would definitely stay here again, thanks staff!

Thanks for the 7 out of 5 we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure having you and thanks again for taking the time to share. We are glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and we hope to show you a better time during your next trip to Paris. Safe and happy travels until we see you again!

Hostel was very easy to find as it is right near the Gare Dutch Nord train station. There were several places to eat in the area and it's in a descent neighborhood if you just want to go for walks. Our 3rd floor room was facing the street and was quiet if the Window was closed, but a bit noisy if it was open, though that did not bother us at all. Room was a bit small but did not feel cramped. I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you very much for sharing, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Paris can get a little noisy but that's true of every big city especially in the city center. We will be delighted to welcome you again on your next visit to Paris. Happy trails!!

Great and helpful staff. comfy beds

• 14th Feb 2015

A great big thanks for taking the time to share. It's easy being helpful to friendly guests! It was lovely having youwith us and we hope to be able to welcome you again soon! All the best until then!

Small place, but warm and cheerful.

Thank you for this wonderful description! That's exactly us. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Smartplace. we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Paris!

Went to Paris with Eurostar from London, perfect location for me! The stuff were really friendly and helpful. If I had problem with anything they tried to fix it, so I could be happy with my staying. Will be back.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Smartplace. We are glad you had a good time while staying with us. We do our very best to make our guests feel at home, and it's wonderful if we've helped you enjoy your time in Paris. Hope to see you soon!

Staff was very welcoming with useful tips on how to get around. The location was ideal so we got to see a lot in a short time. Hostel was clean with a good vibe.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Smartplace and thanks a million for the 5 star review. It's great to know you enjoyed your time with us! Until next time, safe and happy travels!

This is an excellent hostel - one of the best I stayed at during two and half months of traveling in Europe. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and warm. The showers are hot and the common area, although small, is very comfortable. The kitchen is also small and doesn't have an oven but it is well equipped otherwise. The location couldn't be better - just across the road from Gare du Nord and a short walk to several metro stations. Very, very highly recommended!!

Thank you so much for your great review! It was a pleasure having you with us! We wish you safe and happy travels going back home and hope to see you again if you pass through Europe. Thanks again for sharing!

The room was too warm!

• 31st Jan 2015

overall alright. 6 bedroom is a bit small, showers were a little wonky, common space average. location is a little sketchy, especially as a lone female traveler, but dirt cheap for paris.

The staff of the hostel was very friendly and helpful with us. We arrived in the hostel at 7:30 am and they found us an available room through an earlier check-in. It was the first time that happened it in all my trips around Europe. Thank you so much. We were really tired. The room and toilet were clean and organized. The beds are comfortable and the sheets clean. I just have to add advice: there should be more control over the cleanliness of the kitchen dishes.

Thank you for taking the time to share. We are happy to do anything in our power to make our guests happy... early check in, free up grade you name it if we can do it we will. As far as the dishes are concerned, guests are supposed to do their own dishes but we will be more careful in the future and make sure it is done. Thank you for your input and helping us improve. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Considering I was the only girl in a dorm with boys the toilet and bath were clean. The stuff was nice , ready to help and obviously know paris so know how to help. Kind, sweet , and for France...good customer service...close to the Gare , next to a mini super market , and restos....I'm DEFINATELY coming back here

Thanks you so much for your awesome review!!!! Such great feedback puts a smile on our faces and keeps us going! I know the french are not famous for their friendliness (especially parisians) but we hope to make every guest who pushes the door to the Smartplace feel welcomed and at home. We will be happy to have you again any time you're back in Paris. Until next time, safe travels!

Our overall stay at this place was good. However there are some things that were annoying. First, there was no shower curtain in the bathroom. It's such a simple thing to add, I have no idea why they don't. It makes the floor wet and gross too. Also, their wifi is terrible. Like we might as well not have it if it's going to be that bad. Location is good next to the train station but it's in a kind of gross part of town.

Thank you for your review. As you may have read in other responses, we're in the process of renovating our last 4 bathrooms which have a bath and no curtains. As far as the Wifi you need to let us know while you are here if you are having problems. Most of our guests are very satisfied with the WFiI and if it's a little slow all we have to do is re boot the system. Thanks again for sharing, happy and safe travels!

Great staff, very helpful. The only bad remark is that the bathroom did not have a shower curtain, so when someone showered everything got wet.

Hello and thanks for taking the time to share your experience and helping us improve. We are in the process of renovating the last 4 bathrooms we have which have a tub and no shower curtains. Please come back in a couple of months so you can test our brand new bathrooms. Until we see you again, safe travels!

The guy at the reception was very friendly and helpful:)

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

Merci beaucoup for this 5-star review. We would like to thank you for taking time sharing your experience. We do our best to welcome the guests the best possible way. Feel free to come back again and visit the Montmartre District again. Smartplace Paris wishes you safe travels and a happy new year !

I love this place! I always come back for the awesome ppl who run it.

Nice location, hot water, near metro. It has a hair dryer, nice staff, good heater.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you for taking time sharing your experience at Smartplace Paris. We are glad that you enjoyed the Gare du Nord metro connections and the Montmartre district. It means a lot to us that you mention the kind character of the staff as we do our best to welcome our guests and make them feel just like at home. We hope to see you again at Smartplace Paris on your next trip to Paris and in the meantime we wish you fun travelling and a happy new year!

I can't imagine why there's somebody rate down this hostel. Simply an oasis in Paris! Hot shower and wifi are fabulous. Great value. Attrative colour theme for young travellers! Those who get used to live in apartments won't consider it small. Bring your own padlock definitely help to boost security!

Thank you for the warm review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the hostel's facilities. The fact that you had the feeling of great value means a lot to us and we hope to see you again at Smartplace Paris to discover the many streets of Montmartre District. Travel safe and happy holidays!

Everything was great! Friendly staff, clean room, clean toilet, comfy bed and pillow, lockers in the room, great location (close to gare du nord)

A million thanks for your 5-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the location of the hostel near Gare du Nord and the Moulin rouge. The house cleaners and the staff do their best to welcome you and keep the hostel clean the best possible way. We hope to see you very soon at Smartplace Paris. In the meantime we wish you safe travels and happy holidays!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3