Smart Place Gare du Nord Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Gut hostal, but the receptionists didn't know much about the workings of the reservation and also didn't know about the parking which is stated in facilities of the hostal. And we stayed in the sixth floor but the elevator was out of service.

Decent cheap hostel at a great location near the train station (Gare du Nord). Facilities nothing special, but overall quite good. Recommend this for people in Paris for a short stay.

There's nothing particularly wrong with this hostel, simply that it doesn't offer much, and the rooms are pretty dinghy and packed. The night after this stay I went to St Christopher's Inn a 300m walk away and I experienced astronomically better facilities, service and amenities for maybe 2-3 euros more, if not the same price. Maybe this is just for my experience in the 6 bed dorm that I stayed in, but I felt there was much better value for money elsewhere.

Great staff and location. Rooms were incredibly small, even by hostel standards. Literally no space for your things so you have to take up the entire floor space with luggage. Rooms that small cannot hold 4 people and their backpacks. One of my more uncomfortable stays in a hostel, especially for how much we paid.

Wanted to give my rating here, but I wrote my review on tripadvisor as it was their preferred review site, hopefully the link works. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d2669521-r339254080-Smart_Place_Paris-Paris_Ile_de_France.html I will reiterate again, that this hostel made my stay in Paris really enjoyable, and the staff there were awesome.

staff was amazing, friendly and very helpful !! nice little kitchen to eat, close to metro stations need to bring a lock to keep valuables in the room

Thank you for all the help I have recived when I was there. Great service

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Poland

Good hostel, unfortunately they charged me twice and we are still waiting for our money. On the flip side the person who did it was new.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Great staff!!

Great location, no disturbance worth mention,great beds, served my purpose perfect! Will return if/when I get back to Paris

Got nothing but positive to say about Smart Place, recomended!!

The staff here make the place what it is! Staff were warm and welcoming and went above and beyond to ensure that I had everything I needed. They were friendly and happy to chat and offer advice or make fresh coffee or suggest climbing the Sacre Coeur at 3am for the best views of the city. I hope management knows what gems they have in their staff!! Facilities were decent, an average hostel, dorm and common area always clean. Great location for access to Gare du Nord, literally around the corner!

OK hostel, but will not stay again. Good location near Gare du Nord and very clean, but the cons outweigh the pros. Expensive (even for Paris), rooms located beside the life shaft can be noisy, never any tea or coffee (sign says to ask when empty, but in a hostel they're always empty), internet not free, no couches to chill out, and rooms need updating. Girl on reception was not impolite, but not polite either. It's not a bad place, but not one of the better I have stayed in.

Dear Michael, Thank you so much for your your return about your stay. I am sorry that your stay did not go well as you want. We offer coffee and tea every day also the wifi. It is not normal that you did not receive these services. Be sure that we will do the necessary during your next stay if you will allow us a chance. I remain at your disposal Best regards Sandrine A Manager

You can say, it can't be everything is excellent. Well this go beyond excellent it is a new experience in how to treat visitors. People that work for their salaries but treat you like a real person, with lots of kindness and patience. There are bad things in the outside. But, when you arrived to the hostel you forget all the other things and feel like a 5 stars 500.00 dls. Hotel. Thank you very much Smart Place, Garu du Nord and very specially to Great person and Great Employee. AUGUSTO. THANKS!

Dear Jose, Thank you so much for this nice comment. Be sure that we shared your comment with Augusto and the staff. Our goal is your satisfaction and we want you feel at home. We hope to see you soon Jose Best regards Sandrine A Manager

The hostel is ok; could be better for that money

It is small, but overall very nice place with a hood staff and location. Thts actually wht traveller needed,.

Nice Hostel, very well-located right next to Gare du Nord. Easy to find and in a safe area.

I really loved this hostel! It was one of the best hostels if visited and I can really recommend it. Because of some "bad" reviews I wasn't really sure how it would be there and I was really surprised and happy that I've chosen this hostel! The kitchen is really good, the bathroom and the room were clean (they're cleaned every day) there is free coffee and tea etc. The team is very nice and you can get a lot of infos there about your trip. The hostel is very close to the metro station!

The staff were extremely helpful. We were very happy to have a room with a shower.

It looks like a room for two but they made it for 4 persons. Too small and tight for 4 person inside, really hard for us even to open the luggage. Not as good as we expected from the price we paid. The good things : it's near the main station, easy to reach if we arrived at night.

• 19th Oct 2015