Smart Place Paris Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Good location and friendly staff. Kitchen and communal space together makes the space feels rather tight and compact but you adjust to it.

nice and clean, rooms are big for pairs, Close to train station no much of a vibe though.

Good clean place to stay, near the Gard du Nord which is super helpful. Random charge to credit card though.

• 9th Oct 2014

Extemelly recomended !!!

Rooms are very very small. Unfortunately my bag was stolen whilst sitting in the kitchen area, a lot of people where in the hostel at the time so we couldn't see on cctv. Staff where really good about it, let me print out copies of my passport and forms for emergency travel documents, gave me free breakfast, gave me directions to the police station

We couldn't at first find the hostel, because the Rue de Dunkerque split and we didn't know on which road it continued. The Hostel however seems very safe and calm compared to the busy dirty Gare du Nord. It is the perfect location to travel further in Europe (which we did the next morning) and only used the hostel as a stop over. Very neat and clean little hostel and friendly staff

• 4th Oct 2014

It is a great hostel. Nice location. Very clean. My four-bed dorm room was kind of small, but you wouldn't spend much of your awaken time in the hostel though.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed at a "Budget Hotel" kind of room. Paris is a rather expensive place to stay, and not being the cheapest hostel ever, the value for money is really good. Fully functional kitchen. Lots of grocery shops and supermarkets next door. Literally dozens of take away restaurants. Located 5 minutes to 4 and 5 metro stops it makes it really easy to get anywhere in the center. The room is comfy, small but cozy. Very clean. The staff is simply the best. Would go back again.

Very nice hostel with a helpful staff! The atmosphere was pretty dull but I think it was more due to those staying at the same time than the hostel itself. A little pricey since they don't offer any breakfast.

I was very disappointed with this hostel.

There is a wonderfu; Napolitan Restaurant on the corner across the street immediately west of the hostel

A very good place if you need to stay near Gare du Nord (very short walk's distance) and are on a shoestring budget. Nice staff, decent furniture, excellent connection to subway line 4. Recommended for backpackers, in particular.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Poland

It was an ok hostel but the room was way too small. Couldn't fit all 4 girls with things. Heads up on the road direction. It's not as easy as it seems to find the place, since the road ends and start and starts again after a turn.

VERY small rooms. No shower curtains in the bathrooms. There is no kitchen, just a refrigerator, hotplate, and a microwave. They were EVENTUALLY helpful with their bed bugs situation, refunding us the night of discovery and the cancelation for the rest of our stay. I don’t feel smart for having booked there. If you need a hostel near Gare du Nord, I recommend St. Christopher’s Inn (literally just down the road from here). That’s the hostel we moved to and immediately washed all our clothes.

Great location and staff!

A few comments: 1) The hostel's website included directions to another hostel in the south of Paris which I followed. Cab back 25 euro. I explained this in email to the hostel after my arrival and received no response at all. 2) left earlier than expected. Brought to attention of hostel in email asking for refund despite being over the 48 hour limit - no response 3) no shower curtain in room 4) only two plugins in a 4 bed room

The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms themselves were extremely small for 4 people and for the price I paid.

• 21st Sep 2014

This time I couldn't make a reservation on the website of Smart Place Paris hostel. I asked for an assistance by email and didn't get any. And even didn't get a response. It was somewhat uncomfortable for me. But besides this, I could say about this hostel : it's pretty good.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Great location just down the road from Gare du Nord (train to Charles de Gaulle airport & the Channel train); also just a block from Anvers metro station, Sacre Coeur church, and Montmartre. Small but good value and a wee lift to save humping packs & cases up the stairs.

Smart Place is close to the train station and to Montmarte and many cafes. This is what I really liked about this hostel. It is a safe location. The entrance to the hostel and the rooms are secure. I share a room with three other people. That room was too small for four full-grown adults. The bed was a bit too small for me (I'm 5'11). The shower was very small. For 1-2 nights it's okay. It was worth it considering the price and location. I would go there again. It's a very convenient location.

• 15th Sep 2014