Smart Place Paris Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms themselves were extremely small for 4 people and for the price I paid.

• 21st Sep 2014

Smart Place is close to the train station and to Montmarte and many cafes. This is what I really liked about this hostel. It is a safe location. The entrance to the hostel and the rooms are secure. I share a room with three other people. That room was too small for four full-grown adults. The bed was a bit too small for me (I'm 5'11). The shower was very small. For 1-2 nights it's okay. It was worth it considering the price and location. I would go there again. It's a very convenient location.

• 15th Sep 2014

Bathroom was really small and bit dirty. Staff were helpful. Didn't feel that safe at night outside of the hostel. There was a nice vibe amongst the guests though.

Smart Place Paris is located near Paris Nord station, it's easy to find. Wirefy connection is very good but kitchen is very small.

The location is so convenient if you passing through by train either from the north to East station, only 10 minutes walking on foot. The hostel is cosy and wifi is good.

• 10th Sep 2014

Clean sheets,clean bathroom. Room entry requires key card. Lockers are free. Super helpful staff. Area where hostel is located is not the nicest but the metro is a five minutes walk which is convenient.

Awesome location. Very secure. Clean rooms with a terrace. Would definitely stay here again.

Clean, and very friendly & helpful staff! We stayed in a double bed room, it came with a nice ensuite too-bonus! Good prices and great facilities, wifi access in all rooms, close to Gare Du Nord Metro and in close proximity to some major attractions. Quiet area, we had no problems, and the locker room is right near staff desk, they give you tags to place on bags too. Haven't had this at any other hostel, so definitely more secure than some whilst waiting to check in. Would definitely recommend.

Lovely hostel with a great atmosphere. We stayed here for three nights as part of our interrailing trip and loved it! Perfect location (very close to Gare du Nord) with loads of great bars nearby. Also very close to Montmartre/ Sacre Cœur. Staff were very friendly and helpful and cooking facilities were great!

Excellent Location, closest hostel to Gare du Nord.

I only stayed for one night (arrived very late, left quite early) but it was a nice play to stay. Close to the train stations (not always a good thing), but for me it was a big plus. Security was great and there was a good buzz about the place with other travellers. Not sure if I would stay again if was to return to Paris for a longer stay, but it was certainly not a bad hostel!

Would definately stay there again

Good: Great location near subway & Gare du Nord trains. Bakery, pharmacy, market & hardware store on same block. Great common room with kitchen. Clean, nice rooms. Excellent & friendly staff. Julian, at the desk, even helped me score tickets to Rock en Seine, a 3 day rock & roll festival in Paris ! Only negatives: no lockers and the tub only had a hand held shower fixture. (no regular shower head or shower curtain.)

I loved This hostel , i staied for 2 days and the staff Was very nice and i loved the way they make u feel like un home , they have a cute Structure and have wi fi all the place, the Price its awsome and the location too its Only 5 minuts walking from gare du nord. I defínetly come back again

GreAt place to stay in Paris, right next to major train station. Many restaurants and grocery stores around. Room was comfy, private bathroom in room. Wish storage lockers were bigger for full size traveler bags.

Thank you for your warm review. We are very happy you were able to enjoy the district and location of the hostel. Regarding the lockers some of the rooms have lockers but you have a luggage room you can use before your check-in, during your stay, and after your check-out for free. Have fun travelling and do not hesitate to come back at Smartplace Paris if you visit Paris again.

Very nice welcome, staff at the desk were very helpful giving us maps and recommendations of the best place to go. Good location, cleaner was a little intrusive in the mornings but other than that would defo recommend staying here! We was a group of girls 22-23 we travelled Europe this summer and we felt very safe in smart place!

• 11th Aug 2014

The hostel was clean, the staff was friendly and they have kitchenette, thumbs up for that. However they chose black and red as theme color for the interior, heavy color isn't ideal for such a small space. For the music, they played American (USA) music all day during my staying in the lobby, who would expect such foreign cultural element in Paris when one need to travel whole day to get there and yet foreign music is just one click away on the internet? It didn't make any sense at all.

It was in a great spot right near the one of the main stations, and it was quite a nice hostel..one small thing is that the computers where not very good.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thank you for your time and comment. We are happy you enjoyed the hostel. Regarding the computers, we are constantly doing renovations and we plan to change the computers but we now have a free wi-fi connexion in every room. Have fun travelling and thanks again for staying at Smartplace Paris.

It's very close to Gar du Nord, which was great. I didn't really love the common area. There were constantly pulsating colored lights and very loud, aggressive music, which didn't make me want to hang out there. But the staff (which changed constantly) was always helpful, rooms were cleaned often, and sheets felt very very clean. The room I was in felt a little cramped, but really not a big deal. No breakfast, but they did have some snacks for sale.

rooms smaller than my closet. bed bugs. no wifi. common room tiny amd teeribly hot. rudest staff ive ever expwrienced. AVOID!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5