Smart Place Paris Reviews

28 Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

I really liked the effort made by the staff to make us feel welcomed, especially the guy during the night.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Tunisia

The location was good, close to train and metro stations. The staff was helpful. I enjoyed my stay.

• 9th Apr 2014

It would have been nice to have lockers in the rooms. Even with only four people, there are still strangers.

• 6th Apr 2014

Bit hard to find, but the rooms were clean, the people friendly, and there are good options for storing bags and valuables.

• 6th Apr 2014

my first hostel. I am not disappointed. 5 minutes from Gare du Nord, good stuff, has kitchen, where you can cook something. It is possible to store your stuff secure for free. Good place

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Russia

I would happily stay here again great location, helpful staff and a very clean room. Atmosphere only inhibited by those in the communal area were all on the free Wi-Fi and not interacting.

• 1st Apr 2014

Once we actually found the hostel, our stay was great. There's no wifi in the dorms but don't let that stop you.

There was a bit of an ant problem, which would have made more sense if we weren't on the fifth floor. Wifi didn't reach the rooms, but it was free downstairs. Not a very social hostel (no events). Location close to Monmarte and Gare du Nord. Beautiful view from room with balcony.

the location is good from airport to hostel and visit, just near by gare.du nord, but the place is quite danger because my iphone have stolen in front of the station.and there is one think quite worse that the wifi is only available in the lobby and it is too slow and sometimes cannot connet.

Positive points: Excellent staff, good location, locker, Negative point: The internet works just in the ground floor (common area) and not in the room.

I'd recommend staying here for anyone who enjoys bed bug bites. Stayed in room 65 on the 6th floor. I was warned by another guest in the same room...was doubtful until I woke up with the same bites.

the location is really good, staff very sympathique, it is a good place

Everything was great. I will recommend Smart Place to anyone looking to stay in a Hostel in Paris.

Need wifi in the rooms. I would stay there again.

It's a decent hostel for the price, but the lounge is remarkably cramped and uncomfortable (get some better chairs and maybe a couch). They also say that they only have Wifi on the ground floor because they want to encourage a communal atmosphere. Yeah right. It would have been nice to check email instead of going down 6 flights of stairs. It's really close to the metro and about a 30 minute walk to the Louvre.

The staff was very nice and friendly but the beds were not very comfy.

Good location with such a nice attentive staff.

I have been here before and would repeat it that it is a very nice location with a very nice and attentive staff inclusively ofcourse, of the good internal facilities.

The smartest hostel I have ever stayed at! Great staff, helpful and thinking forward. Routes the sightseeing spots prepared on small pieces of paper - only pick it and go. Asked for advice - took their time to explain everything with a smile on their faces. Plus kitchen annex, available 24/7 for everyone: cooker, micro, kettle, fridge, cutlery. It is a hostel, not hotel, take that in consideration choosing your accommodation.

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Poland

I had 2 nights in a five-bed dorm, more spacious than others I have used, and with prompt hot water in the ensuite. Lockers were in the foyer and small, not in the room and large. I had 2 nights in a private room: more expensive than I would usually pay, but this is Paris. The free wifi had the capacity to cope without slowing. There was free tea/coffee in the kitchen. I would make this my first choice for any future Paris stay.