Very Good 8,315 Total Reviews
Very Good 8,315 Total Reviews
Smart Russell Square Hostel Located at 71 Guilford Street, , London.
England
London WC1N 1DF 71 Guilford Street
71% 8315
51.5227850 -0.1227949
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 31-40
24th Sep 2016
5.1

I arrived at my bed to find it still covered in someone elses very dirty (yellow stained) bedding. Got fresh sheets but dirty duvet cover remained. Very bad sleep with people coming and going and switching on the main light all night. Whole place feels like it needs a good clean and update.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2016
7.1

Nice, friendly staff. Triple beds are not good, you have to crawl in and out of the top bunk to get in and out, and you will bang your head or back on the ceiling at least once. You also dont have privacy curtains on top bunk. Mattress very thin, could feel the metal frame underneath. Breakfast is good and the common area is big so you can always sit down. Cleanliness hit and miss, good effort from cleaners but always dirty again quickly because there are too many people sharing a small area.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2016

Close to the tube station. I like that the toilet didn't stink than i thought. There were always cleaning women keeping the hostel tidy. Compared to the price, it's worth staying for short period of time traveller.

• England, Male, 18-24
7.7

A bit up and down. I had to ask three times for a pillow (going the night without one as I got too sleepy to try again), but equally when I explained a guy had nicked my towel they let me borrow one for free. They could also do with a couple of "Mind the step" signs - I think I tripped at the door on my way to the toilet three times in as many days! The desk staff were lovely though and the atmosphere was fit for purpose. Might use again.

8.0

Stayed here a few times and it always has good atmosphere.Rooms are ok,plenty showers.The breakfast does the job and it's in a great central London location.Good value and I'll stay again.

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
6th Sep 2016

We were very unlucky with our roommates, who were waking us up several times every night, but you could have that problem anywhere. The hostel in itself was nice, plenty of showers and toilets and everything was cleaned every day. Very friendly staff except for the one who thought it was a brilliant idea to turn on the light in our room at 2.30 am and wake us all up because of an issue with a locker. Very close to a tube station and generally a nice and quiet area.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2016
6.9

I think the room which you stay in has a big impact on your stay. Avoid the basement, but any other floor is fine (I was on the first floor). Showers were great, hot with good pressure! Staff were probably the unfriendliest I've found by far in any hostel. Strange atmosphere in the hostel. People seemed unfriendly in general and there were a lot of older guests (40s+) who appear to be living in the hostel. Don't stay if you're looking for something friendly, just if you're on a tight budget.

• irisheyes1
  • Ireland, Female, 41+
3rd Sep 2016

This was my second time here and it is good value and well located

• Myanmar, Male, 31-40
28th Aug 2016

Thanks you, I would be staying another time possibly.

• bluenosearmy999423
  • England, Male, 41+
27th Aug 2016
7.1

The room I stayed in sometimes get a to hot. And the top bunks don't have privacy curtains . Also the doors should close quieter when people us then . Apart from that it's not bad.