Very Good 8,323 Total Reviews
Very Good 8,323 Total Reviews
Smart Russell Square Hostel Located at 71 Guilford Street, , London.
England

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
29th Sep 2016
7.1

Decent hostel, but there was no hot water after about 9pm. Also you have to pay for the lockers in the rooms, so if you don't use them there's no where to put your bag.

• Wales, Female, 18-24
26th Sep 2016
6.0

Whilst value for money and in an excellent location for our purposes, the room we stayed in was v.hot, despite two fans running; I would put this down to it being a 15 bed dorm, but was true when the room was full and empty. Don't waste your money on an en suite. There was no toilet roll or hand soap provided. Not the hostels fault, but the respect of hotel goers was not there, people were turning on the lights at gone midnight and being very noisy at 12.30am. No effective screens or bed lights.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Sep 2016
4.3

This was one of the worst hostels that I have stayed at. They didn't offer security lockers - you had to pay extra. They only have two power sockets in a room for nine people. They had triple bunks that were attached as a six, so every time some one moved the whole thing shook which meant I was constantly woken up. Furthermore the wifi was patchy and the bathrooms were a bit dirty. All in all I was very disappointed with this hostel.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
24th Sep 2016
5.1

I arrived at my bed to find it still covered in someone elses very dirty (yellow stained) bedding. Got fresh sheets but dirty duvet cover remained. Very bad sleep with people coming and going and switching on the main light all night. Whole place feels like it needs a good clean and update.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2016
7.1

Nice, friendly staff. Triple beds are not good, you have to crawl in and out of the top bunk to get in and out, and you will bang your head or back on the ceiling at least once. You also dont have privacy curtains on top bunk. Mattress very thin, could feel the metal frame underneath. Breakfast is good and the common area is big so you can always sit down. Cleanliness hit and miss, good effort from cleaners but always dirty again quickly because there are too many people sharing a small area.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2016

Close to the tube station. I like that the toilet didn't stink than i thought. There were always cleaning women keeping the hostel tidy. Compared to the price, it's worth staying for short period of time traveller.

• England, Male, 18-24
7.7

A bit up and down. I had to ask three times for a pillow (going the night without one as I got too sleepy to try again), but equally when I explained a guy had nicked my towel they let me borrow one for free. They could also do with a couple of "Mind the step" signs - I think I tripped at the door on my way to the toilet three times in as many days! The desk staff were lovely though and the atmosphere was fit for purpose. Might use again.

8.0

Stayed here a few times and it always has good atmosphere.Rooms are ok,plenty showers.The breakfast does the job and it's in a great central London location.Good value and I'll stay again.

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
6th Sep 2016

We were very unlucky with our roommates, who were waking us up several times every night, but you could have that problem anywhere. The hostel in itself was nice, plenty of showers and toilets and everything was cleaned every day. Very friendly staff except for the one who thought it was a brilliant idea to turn on the light in our room at 2.30 am and wake us all up because of an issue with a locker. Very close to a tube station and generally a nice and quiet area.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2016
6.9

I think the room which you stay in has a big impact on your stay. Avoid the basement, but any other floor is fine (I was on the first floor). Showers were great, hot with good pressure! Staff were probably the unfriendliest I've found by far in any hostel. Strange atmosphere in the hostel. People seemed unfriendly in general and there were a lot of older guests (40s+) who appear to be living in the hostel. Don't stay if you're looking for something friendly, just if you're on a tight budget.