7.2
Very Good 8,462 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 8,462 Total Reviews
Smart Russell Square Hostel Located at 71 Guilford Street, , London.
England
London WC1N 1DF 71 Guilford Street
72% 8462
51.5227850 -0.1227949
    Rooms available

20th Jan 2017
5.4

The lack of cleanliness in the place was ridiculous. There was a bed sheet at the front door, used as a door stop. The sheets we were given when we checked in were sticky...all of them, and once we got to our room we found unfolded blankets on the beds and a bag of trash. I'm assuming it was left behind by the previous guest which indicates that our beds were never cleaned. The bathroom had about 5 stalls, none of which closed. Worst hostel I've stay at

• India, Male, 18-24
18th Jan 2017
6.3

It's in zone 1 travelling through tube wont be an issue. Everything is good except smelly dorms and not any charging ports next to your bed. Staff is very good but the higher staff persons are kind of arrogant.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
12th Jan 2017
5.4

staff didn't feel the most welcoming, showers smelt bad and the room smell bad but good for the price i paid

11th Jan 2017
7.4

The location of this property was great. Easy access to the underground. Really nice pubs and cafes around. Good for its price for sure. I had the top bunk which was a bad call. My face was about 1 and half feet from the ceiling. So try not to do that.

7th Jan 2017
3.4

As soon as I walked into this hostel, I felt unsafe. Security was poor and I couldn't walk through the public spaces without numerous male eyes on me. As a solo female traveler, this is a HUGE red flag. The facilities were also incredibly dirty. The bathroom floors were covered in dried urine and there were centipedes in the sink. The hostel also claimed to have wifi but it did not work anywhere on the premises. I won't be coming back.

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Jan 2017
4.9

I would not stay at this hostel again. It's dirty. You can smell some sort of unpleasant odor upon walking into the front door. Facilities are dirty. They charge you for use of their lockers per night (every single of the other 5 hostels I stayed at only charged you for borrowing their lock, so I now bring my own lock but it didn't matter this time. I still had to pay extra to store my belongings safely, which I think is a rip-off) The staff aren't friendly or helpful.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
1st Jan 2017
2.6

This place was horrific. I honestly asked my traveling partner I think about 100 times, "I must've booked the wrong place." The pictures online are completely decieving unless you may have gotten a private room. Checkin people were rude, the room was awful. I felt like I was in a dirty dungeon. The showers were freezing, the men's is so closely attached that you could see water running into the women's side. We left the early because we were so grossed out.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2016
8.0

Beds were extremely uncomfortable, might as well of been sleeping on the metal frame. Otherwise it was good!!

• kristiclaire
  • England, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2016

This is the 3rd time we've stayed at a smart hostel and was the best experience yet. Yes you get that loud person in the room but it's a big hostel so what to you expect. The staff we're great, breakfast is simple and good, location is perfect to walk all around London centre, it's a pretty clean hostel, and the showers definitely have good water pressure. We stayed in a 9 bed dorm and probably wouldn't stay in a room with any more beds than that.

18th Dec 2016
7.7

The only really bad thing about this hostel is the slightly terrifying and cramped feeling three high bunk beds, other than that this hostel was very nice. It's a mix of short term and long term people but it didn't feel weird being there for only a few nights. The kitchen is small but there is an oven which I appreciated. It's within walking distance to the British Museum and super close to the tube so the city was really accessible, although it's quite a walk from Soho. Really affordable.