Smart Russell Square Hostel Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

It was very good! The only problem is the wifi at nights because everybody is using it.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Chile

I need an invoice

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Smart Russell Square was in an ideal location for nearby attractions and major train and tube stations. The rooms are really nice and clean. The bathrooms in the private rooms are tiny but clean. There is no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage, you have several stairs to climb if on the third floor. There is not a lot of choice for breakfast (toast and two types of cereal) but it works for a quick bite. The wifi is very spotty so I would not rely on it if trying to book tickets like I was.

• 10th Aug 2015

All in all, Smart Russell Square was a solid hostel. Good proximity to King's Cross and St Pancras stations. There is always a security guard looking after the front which is nice, and the common area was open and a good place to make new friends. The kitchen is a little small, and the rooms were pretty hot. But other than that, I had a very pleasant stay at this hostel.

Need more hooks to hang things in the shower cubicles! Makes life so much easier

Good location and decent price for a hostel in central London. Lots of things within walking distance. The rooms are very small and crowded, there's not much room to put your personal belongings. Lockers are 1.50 per day, which really seems excessive, especially considering we had some trouble getting them to work. Curtains on the beds are a good idea, good privacy. Staff was not always very friendly, but did help. All in all, a decent place to sleep between long days of exploring London.

Super cheap considering you're in the middle of London. Not a tonne of space in the 18 bed dorm (duh), but otherwise very nice.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for giving your time on writing your review. We are working on each floor and room in our hostel to meet our customers’ needs. Hope seeing you soon in our hostel.

Good experience enjoyed our stay only down fall was the showers, hot water but sprayed everywhere and for short people like myself this means in the face. But can't be helped!

Wonderful Staff, perfect location big communal area - hot powerful showers - free breakfast. Ive returned before and will definitely be back - WELL DONE, did i mention the staff area fantastic

Our team are all trained to give the best customer service to our customers and meet your needs. Hope to see you in our hostel once again.

too noisy, there's construction nearby and people chatting outside when it's late(2am).

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

We proved free ear plugs to all our guests as the construction was on to improve the service we provide our valued guests. Hope to see you soon in our Smart Hostels sights.

Our room had some loose floorboards that sunk when you stepped on them.

It is unusual that this case has happened in one of our rooms in the hostel. We will take care of this matter straight away. We look forward to seeing you again.

I love the location of this hostel! It is a beautiful part of London with plenty of great things to do! The rooms are very tight but that can be expected from any hostel. Everyone was very friendly and I loved my stay!

Thank you for the awesome review, we cant wait for you to stay with us again

Good situation. Good staff. Big commun room. but customer don't take care enough of the kitchen cleanless.

Very good hostel which is very close to the British Museum and West end. This is useful in a tube strike :)

It was nice having you in our hostel and we rely on seeing you soon in our Smart Hostels. Enjoy the rest of your journey.

One of the worst hostels Ive ever stayed at. Was told on my first night I was going to be kicked out for having my bare feet up on a couch. Staff were very rude. Added 10 pounds on to the online price. Rooms are cramped with triple bunks and 2 power points for 15 people. Had kids in my room. Very stingey and charge you extra for every little thing. Sheets and pillowcase are clean but doona covers are never washed and mine looked like it had stains on it. Only good thing was the location.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're sorry to hear that. We are going to investigate further and make sure that all of our staff members are following our policy of making our guests feel just like at home. As you can see we are having some changes to our rooms which will make our customers have a wonderful stay. Hope seeing you soon in our hostel once more again.

I stayed in the fullest and smallest room ever. I just stayed for one night amd the room was tiny and 3 stories beds everywhere, with clothes everywhere. They should put less people in rooms to a better quality of staying.

We are working on each floor of our hostel and each floor and room will meet its standards for our customers’ needs. Our hostel will be your next home as you expect it. Hope to see you soon.

Would be great if the staff were more friendly and helpful The price is ok for the position, but not for the service given. Common area and showers are dirrty

• 31st Jul 2015

It's in a good location and the staff a kind and helpful, but there are several things that just don't work. For example; 2 power sockets in a room of six people. The fact that you have to pay for a locker. You can hear all the movements in the hallways and the doors opening and closing. The beds aren't that comfortable and if someone else moves on their bunk yours moves too. The place needs an update in many ways.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Almost everything was good. But some staff are.....

• 28th Jul 2015
  • China

The staff booked me in under a split booking without notifying me, so I went out one day came back and my stuff had been removed from my room! Staff were not friendly when helping with the situation!

• 27th Jul 2015