Smart Russell Square Hostel Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

It was awful sharing a room... we had people who litteraly brought someone else to the room and made out while being 7 people there, the breakfast wass nasty, the people in charge of the hostal entered the rooms without respecting privacy of the costumers.

• 21st May 2015
  • Spain

Another Good stay !

Installing more power points in the room would be very helpful. I couldn't charge my phone in the twelve bedroom dorm because it was being used so I had to go into the corridor.

• 20th May 2015

Too expensive. Tiny space. It's a maze when you go to the bathroom or the showers or even your room. Depressive atmosphere.

Girls are helpful in reception,, cleaning people work well,, I would put more air refreshners in the rooms and repair some showers that are not working well. In general the hostel is ok considering the competition.

We love what we do and we try to help our customers as much as we can. We are continually working on the hostel to improve It for our guests. So We will pass on your comments. Many thanks for your feedback and see you soon!

they were so rude asking about our access cards , i need to show my access card like 3 times the lockers are expensive , they have confort bed but is a small room for 12 beds ... they have 3 floors beed which i think quite dangerous if ur nough drunk..

Pleasantly surprised. Better than average hostel.

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Now you can check our latest news, offers and photos on facebook . You are welcome back anytime!

when we arrived the room was filthy. spilled chips everywhere, garbage overflowing. We arrived around 3:30am and we woke up around 8:30 am - within those 5 hours someone stole all my friends money (more than 120 pounds and 5 euros) also didn't have any blankets on my bed other than the sheet so i froze at night.

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Eating is not allowed in the room but some customers may not respect this rule. However, we have housekeeping team from 6.30 am to 10 pm to keep all areas as clean as possible. We are really sorry to hear that your money went missing. In shared dormitories, any valuable items needs to be attended. Regarding the duvet, our staff is always available to help you with any issue like this one, which could be resolved promptly.

twin room doesn't give you double bed but bunker bed. triple room provide you with a small double bed with additional single bed on top (illegally built)! double decker bed is very shaky! the security stopped us for not having a card when we are told by the reception that it is ok to have 2 instead of 3 as we will be together, extra key card (deposit) is unnecessary! explained this to the security, he rudely shouted at us! cleanliness of toilet is poor, hairs of previous stay weren't removed!!

• 13th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your review. Our hostel standards aim to offer competitive accomodation in Central London. Then, your security is very important to us. That is why, we need to check if everybody coming in has a booking with us. It goes through checking the key cards. We are really sorry if there were a confusion about the key cards. Regarding the cleanliness, housekeeping times are between 6.30am and 10pm beside of our hourly check. We rely on guests to report any cleaning issues as well

U have to change the linens urself

• 13th May 2015
  • Egypt

Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments which can help us to improve our service. Hope to see you soon!

I would recommend it! I loved everything about this hostel. The location is fantastic because it’s about 5 minutes away from everything in the city. A good place to have a few drinks at night with the other backpackers staying there…

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our central location. You are welcome back anytime!

I had a terrible stay here, I was in a 14 man dorm and the bed was next to the door. People were in and out constantly during the night and I had no sleep at all. The staff were very helpful, and I like to think I could have had a better experience here. I think the hostel was just way over crowded and didn't have a friendly or social atmosphere. I suppose this is to be expected in central London, if you stay here, bring some ear plugs. Especially if you're in the dorms.

Sweet! Absolutely Great! 100% The staff was absolutely great – always happy to help. I appreciated the included breakfast but I think it finishes a little too early!. Cheap laundry service. Sweet!!!!

Many thanks for your review. We are happy to learn that you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed our free breakfast. We love what we do and we try to do It the best we can. See you next time!

LOVED our stay BeSound hostel was our first hostel we had ever stayed at, so we were a little apprehensive. We LOVED our stay there! Everything was nice and clean and the free wifi and breakfast was so nice.

• 10th May 2015

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your first hostel experience with us. Hope to see you again soon!

This hostel was really cool. The location is perfect for its value, you have the subway really close. They staff was ok.

Many thanks indeed for your positive review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please, like our facebook page to receive our news, offers and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

Everything is fine, but is a huge hostel. Do not expect a cozy place. Looks more like a hotel. London is not a city for backpacking, rather only use it a as hub for going somewhere else.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We hope to see you again!

Disgusting dorm situation with moldy air in a room with no circulation and absolutely tiny beds! Tried to leave early but they would not refund the second night of what was the WORST overnight experience I have ever had in a hostel

• 4th May 2015

Thank you for your feedback. The hostel is currently undergoing a major refurbishment programme to modernize our facilities. We are on process of installing window fans as well on every room to keep good ventilation process. To finish, our cancellation policy is a 24 hours notice before 11 am to get a refund.

Small shoebox beds not good for claustrophobics

Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments which can help us to improve our service. Our beds intend to give some privacy, thanks to the curtain on each one. Regarding the size, they are … cm long and correspond to the standard …

Overall the stay was very nice.......The supporting staff is not that friendly, but they are OK........Value for money and best location to stay as every important destinations......

We are glad you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you back sometime soon!

Smelly bathroom, filthy bedroom, you have to make yr own bed to make sure you get clean sheets, which says it all. The staff is rude and unless you re stuck, I would not recommend this place.

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as good as expected. Our cleaning staff start as early as 6.30 am and finish at 10 pm. We do regular check to maintain good cleaning quality. However cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, It will be dealt with promptly. We will pass on your comments.