Smart Russell Square Hostel Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

Everything is fine, but is a huge hostel. Do not expect a cozy place. Looks more like a hotel. London is not a city for backpacking, rather only use it a as hub for going somewhere else.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We hope to see you again!

Disgusting dorm situation with moldy air in a room with no circulation and absolutely tiny beds! Tried to leave early but they would not refund the second night of what was the WORST overnight experience I have ever had in a hostel

• 4th May 2015

Thank you for your feedback. The hostel is currently undergoing a major refurbishment programme to modernize our facilities. We are on process of installing window fans as well on every room to keep good ventilation process. To finish, our cancellation policy is a 24 hours notice before 11 am to get a refund.

Small shoebox beds not good for claustrophobics

Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments which can help us to improve our service. Our beds intend to give some privacy, thanks to the curtain on each one. Regarding the size, they are … cm long and correspond to the standard …

Overall the stay was very nice.......The supporting staff is not that friendly, but they are OK........Value for money and best location to stay as every important destinations......

We are glad you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you back sometime soon!

Smelly bathroom, filthy bedroom, you have to make yr own bed to make sure you get clean sheets, which says it all. The staff is rude and unless you re stuck, I would not recommend this place.

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as good as expected. Our cleaning staff start as early as 6.30 am and finish at 10 pm. We do regular check to maintain good cleaning quality. However cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, It will be dealt with promptly. We will pass on your comments.

Rooms are small, no free lockers, not exactly the most social of hostels

Thank you for your review. Some of our rooms may seem smaller than elsewhere, however our rates are very competitive for central London. The prices we offer do not include locker charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them. Therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need. We hope we will see you again.

The hostel was perfect for my one night stay in London, visiting a university. It was convenient, comfortable, safe, and good value for money.

• 1st May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Now you can check our latest news, offers and photos on facebook . You are welcome back anytime!

Almost no sockets in the hostel. Its really difficult to charge the battery of my mobile. Showers lockers were out of service.

Have to make own beds which is very difficult when you arrive at 10pm and are on the very top of a 3 story bunk. Lockers wouldn't open to store stuff. Staff were not very helpful. Breakfast was good!

• 29th Apr 2015

Rooms have no ventilation

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

This hostel is definitely not one I'll be booking again, despite the good central location and nice staff. The 8 bed dorms are very small (so are beds) and there are only 2 plugs near the door for everyone. Noisy electric drawers (extra charge) under beds can wake you up in the morning. The floor trembles when people walk, it can wake you up. The showers are collective (hello nudity!). Lifeless lobby with very few plugs near the seats, and you're not allowed to move seats while recharging (!?)

In the dormitory room with bathroom the sound of ventilator is intolerable, especially at night. I would definetly recommend this hostel only as a cheap place to sleep in the center. Do not expect anything more for this money. Breakfast is quite poor, location is good, staff is ok.

The hostel's staff is friendly, however, would add value if they knew about touristy things. Positives: 1. Hostel is around the corner from Piccadilly line, so an easy walk. 2. Hostel is near to lots of restaurants 3. Makes you feel safe since all doors require swiping in. 4. Breakfast has lot of items Negatives: 1. Hostel could be cleaner 2. Please install a hook rack in the bathroom stalls so I can hang more than a shirt while taking shower. 3. Please install bigger sinks

• 24th Apr 2015

our room didn' t have more than two plugs and we were 12 people. Not enough

Great location, very small rooms and beds but hey it's London

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. Breakfast was a nice surprise.

It was the perfect choice for me. I really enjoyed my time at the hostel. The staff were so friendly and helpful as they really showed there help with all guests and myself. Loved when I walked in as they had there smiles on to make you feel it's like your home. Rooms, common room and showers were cleaned at any time of the day when you pass by. Great choice for me and my friends for a weekend away.

• 20th Apr 2015

The atmosphere was out of my head... The staff were really helpful... The hostels management was perfect and I really give all my credit on the managers help on how he supports the staff while he was around... I would diffently book my next week off to stay there on the price wise and atosmphere...

• 20th Apr 2015

Loved the staff and the hostel

• Turkey