Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

room too hot, sweat all night long

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Portugal

It is not my opinion... most of them think about this histel.. It is not blame.... just a real situation.

Hope shower cell to be bigger

• 29th Jun 2015
  • China

Beyond spartan. Very cramped. Window barely opened, so even with the fan on it was too hot/the room stank of sweaty backpackers. Not enough storage space or power sockets in rooms. No lights for individual bunks. Hooks by bunks were broken. Some basement locker/toilet/shower stall locks broken/damaged/missing. One shower out of order for days. Showers full of hair. Stairwell floor outside bathroom was dangerously wet. Noisy children ran riot in the halls at night. Annoying charge to pay by card.

• 29th Jun 2015

if they had charger plugs for each bed, that would be awesome

The hostel is very close to Russel square, British museum and the northern train station. Position and security are the best features of this hostel while the quality of the service is rather poor. I think it's ok for a short stay, however I'm not likely to come back.

I loved there is always someone to help you /inform you. Also the fact you can only access with a key card was amazing. Also the breakfast (for a bed & breakfast) was good.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Robck27
  • Mexico

I was very unhappy about the whole accommodation, I booked it a month in advance. 3 days before my trip I received an email about change of my accommodation to another hostel Kings Cross cause by unforeseen fail in the systém when I arrived to a new hostel there was no reservation for my group.After not being able to fix the problem by phone we have to go to Smart Russell and deal with the situation face to face. Finally we get a alternative accommodation in another part of the city! Hyde Park

no place to keep your soap or shampoo in shower have to push repeatedly for water to run in shower toilets clean unreliable wifi in room squeaky floor i room

Would be best if there was a lift, and instructions to bring necessary tags down for check out was past on properly to avoid having to climb up and down the stairs whenever. Other than that, it was a really pleasant stay and very strategically and conveniently located.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

The temperature in the room was too warm, we had to keep the window open on the noisy street. There was a lot of noise in the building too. And the showers were shared..

• 23rd Jun 2015

I stayed in the 18-bed mixed dorm. The bed length was very short (and I'm only 165cm tall), might not be comfortable for longer stays. I don't mind the high school gym style showers, but the cubicles are waaay to small, the water splashes everywhere and everything gets wet. Also, they really shouldn't charge for the locker and luggage room(£2). However, the location is really good and convenient. The staff were also very friendly. Would recommend only for a few nights stay.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The ensuite bathrooms are incredibly small! I ended up using the restroom on the floor below me multiple times because I hated the ensuite ones so much. Otherwise, my stay here was great! The room is cheap, the location is great, and the security was very nice.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great hostel, clean, good location. Friendly staff. Would go there again. Cheers

I really enjoy my stay at this hostel. The location was very practical for me not too far away from the centre.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Romania

A very average hostel. Old Fashioned in it's décor and approach. Felt more like somewhere I would have stayed on a school trip. Plus the doors are very heavy so there is a lot of door banging during the night. It's ok for one night but no more than that.

as always - pleasant staff on arrival and departure and Room clean and safe. many thanks - will be back

Overall a pleasant hostel, there is only one remark: there are no common PCs available, which is really outrageous. You should get at least two PC's in the living room or in the corridor for the guests that don't have laptops or phones or need to do sth urgently. I've been travelling for last 10 yrs and this is the 2nd hostel that does not have common PCs. Get that fixed ASAP please.

The room is unreasonably hot and stuffy and the window cannot be opened. They have unisex public toilet and shower room which I don't think is a good idea.

There were many pricey upfront costs that we were not made aware of before hand (like £10 deposit for a card, and you have to pay to have a locker). The beds were short and being 5'8" my feet easily touched the footboard. The room was extremely hot but the window was nailed shut. The floor was sticky, there was no room to put anything. Bathrooms are far away, there is not a good common space to socialize, and wifi is incredibly slow.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7