Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

Smelly bathroom, filthy bedroom, you have to make yr own bed to make sure you get clean sheets, which says it all. The staff is rude and unless you re stuck, I would not recommend this place.

Rooms are small, no free lockers, not exactly the most social of hostels

The hostel was perfect for my one night stay in London, visiting a university. It was convenient, comfortable, safe, and good value for money.

• 1st May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Almost no sockets in the hostel. Its really difficult to charge the battery of my mobile. Showers lockers were out of service.

Rooms have no ventilation

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

This hostel is definitely not one I'll be booking again, despite the good central location and nice staff. The 8 bed dorms are very small (so are beds) and there are only 2 plugs near the door for everyone. Noisy electric drawers (extra charge) under beds can wake you up in the morning. The floor trembles when people walk, it can wake you up. The showers are collective (hello nudity!). Lifeless lobby with very few plugs near the seats, and you're not allowed to move seats while recharging (!?)

our room didn' t have more than two plugs and we were 12 people. Not enough

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great location, very small rooms and beds but hey it's London

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. Breakfast was a nice surprise.

It was the perfect choice for me. I really enjoyed my time at the hostel. The staff were so friendly and helpful as they really showed there help with all guests and myself. Loved when I walked in as they had there smiles on to make you feel it's like your home. Rooms, common room and showers were cleaned at any time of the day when you pass by. Great choice for me and my friends for a weekend away.

• 20th Apr 2015

The atmosphere was out of my head... The staff were really helpful... The hostels management was perfect and I really give all my credit on the managers help on how he supports the staff while he was around... I would diffently book my next week off to stay there on the price wise and atosmphere...

• 20th Apr 2015

Loved the staff and the hostel

• Turkey

Two words that made my stay good Staff & Atmosphere

• 19th Apr 2015

We had a really good experience there. It is very well located, clean with a good breakfast. They give you keys for the room which is rare in shared bedrooms but makes you fell certain that only the people staying there can get in. The staff is helpful enough for the amount of people staying there, it is a bit crowded. The only thing to improv is the wifi connection, it works only in a few spots of the hostel.

The beds were a bit noisy. Large common area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Very close to the underground! Shower room was a bit lacking

My friends and I only stayed for one night and I'm happy it was only one night. Fairly low price but they charge you for everything, the atmosphere is terrible, and I found the staff to be completely rude and even mocking sometimes. Although it was a clean place I will not stay in this hostel again.

I thought the photos of the hostel were very deceiving! The room was so scary with three bunk beds stacked on top of eachother. The shower was like a locker room which the shower you had to hold the entire time. It was so hard with the wifi because it says free wifi but it's not in the rooms. There is no plugs to charge your phone on the rooms as well.

• 13th Apr 2015

Just what you expect from a cheap hostel, everything you need but nothing more. Unfortunately the beds are pretty small (185cm I think) So if you are taller than that it is not that comfortable sleeping. Poor internet connection :(

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We hope we will see you again!

called the hostel to make sure i have booked the hostel, the staff was impatient to check it out for me hurt my arm before i went to the hostel when i checked in that night, the reception staff gave me a nasty unfriendly look the bathroom door and the exhaust fan were too noisy

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We've passed you comments on to the team leader to assist us with our training. We hope we will see you again!

It was a nice place for it's value but it was dirty and I didn't feel the safest there

• 6th Apr 2015
  • China

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Our housekeeping team clean day & night for Guests comfort, but facilities are only ever as clean as the last person who used them. We will try to do more however. If any Guests feel uncomfortable about something, please see the friendly receptionists who will try to help.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7