Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

Having to use the key card to get into the staircase (instead of just the room) is very cumbersome and, I think, unnecessary.

I'm fearly disappointed!!! The place is so much crowed, the room very small, the showers so few! Also the Wi-Fi is kind of fake, because it is really instable and works very well just if you pay extra! Just the position is really good, near the underground and the most important attractions of London.

My first stay in a hostel and was very pleased with my experience. The staff were friendly and helpful, not just the front desk but also those who came to clean the rooms. I didn't realise upon booking that the room I selected had its own bath & shower, which I was quite pleased with. Just minutes from the Underground so easy access to everything.

Hello and thank you for your review and rating the hostel so high. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest offers, news and photos. You are welcome anytime!

The under-bed storage lockers were only big enough to hold a backpack, requiring any other luggage to be kept in a separate 'luggage room' or left out in the open. Both cost an additional fee.

• 18th Mar 2015

Hi and thank you for your feedback. We aim to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in central London. The rates we offer does not include certain extras as the majority of our guests won't choose to use them, and in this way our guests are not paying for a service they won't use.

No wi-fi on the second floor :( Breakfasts could be a bit better.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Hi and thank you for your review. For future reference, we offer a Free Wi-Fi service to all our valued guests both within the rooms and communal areas. If there are any issues with the Wi-Fi service please report it to our Reception they are available 24/7 and can manage any matters promptly. We offer our guests a complimentary service which includes toast, cereals, juice, teas and coffees. Thank you for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels, we hope to see you again.

This hostel is a very good hostel for the amount of money you pay in this location. Its quite cramped and doesn't feel massively clean but the staff are friendly and if you're looking for a bed for a night and aren't too bothered about a rustic looking place and just need a place to sleep, its a good place to stay.

love the privacy of the bunks with curtains

The room itself was ok, very small of course, but clean. But it was the most unfriendly hostel i've every stayed in. The staff was rude and unfriendly and all of the common area facilities were really dirty and weird. So definetely not a social hostel. If you want to meet people or hang out in the hostel, don't o there

love the privacy of the bunks with curtains

Hello and thank you for your feedback. The privacy and comfort of our valued guests during their stay is very important to us. thank you for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

1)In the shower areas the water wet the walking areas if the shower areas were slightly slope in, it would be brelliant. 2)To put notice in each sleeping areas for the guests not to make noise and respect others. 3)not much hooks in sleeping rooms to hang up the clothes.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We have listened to your comments and have passed them on to the relevant departments. We do have notices throughout the hostel requesting guests to adhere to the quiet times between (10:00 pm and 06:00 am). Our night staff do their best to ensure the noise is kept to a minimum during these times. We are currently installing double hooks in all rooms. For future reference, we do offer lockers for rental at £1.50 per night. We hope to see you again soon!

Only stayed one night but the place was clean and cheap. There's an underground just around the corner that can get U to kings cross and from there anywhere in London. Good cheap place.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your Smart Backpacker experience after your recent stay. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the very latest news, offers and photos. You are welcome back anytime!

lovely place. i had a very pleasent stay

Hello and thank you for your valuable feedback and for rating the hostel so high. Please like our Facebook page to receive the very latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome back anytime!

Very poor breakfast, no fruits, no vegan, nothing healthy. Beds are too small, I am 185 tall and could not even lay in my bed properly. To much beds in the rooms, too tight, poor functionality of water bassin in the room. Windows could not be open wide. Showers on 1st floor all out of order, charging cash even for security box under the bed. Charging 5 pounds for E-adapter. No elevators. This is one of the worst hostels in the world Ive been visiting.

• 28th Feb 2015

I have to say that the pics from the website are a bit misleading. But I had a great time there, the staff was helpful and nice. I thought the dorms would a bit bigger, but since I was going there to shower and sleep it worked for me. Location is perfect and the price was also in accordance with the localization. I would recommend. Ohh and there was also breakfast included. Yay :D

The lockers in the room didn't function at all and this was not fixed during my 3-day stay. The rooms were incredibly small. Very uncomfortable, almost impossible to move about in when more than 2 people were in my 6-person "room." I'm surprised it isn't some kind of a fire hazard. The "en suite" bathrooms were also tiny, windowless, plastic 'units' more than anything.

• 15th Feb 2015

Very small rooms, not enough plugs to charge cell phones. The bathrooms weren't as clean as they sould be, especially at night.

Pros: * Decent kitchen setup, plenty of fridge space. * Beds (in the 4x dorm anyway) are private with their own curtains. Pretty solid. * Great area! ~5mins from tube and a Tesco. * Clean bathrooms. * Nice staff. Cons: * The beds aren't suitable for a tall person (I touched head and heel when on my back). I'm 6'3"/1.91m * Bit noisy in AM due to remodel. * Window didn't open very much, which made the room very hot (radiator was off). Small beds are what make it so I wouldn't return.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • ryanbruce

is really bad hostel!

good location, its like a big factory, no wifi in the room, all people use wifi in the lobby, signal too slow that I cannot talk on Skype, free breakfast is ok but service finished too early at 9:30am, using locker need to pay extra k

Hello and many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Our hostel is conveninently located in Central London. We continue our endaevour to provide clean, safe, low-cost, budget accomodation. The internet is free in communal areas (Kitchen, dining area, TV room and reception). However, if you would like high speed internet in your room, it will cost £1 for 24 hours. We offer an all-you-can-eat basic breakfast it includes fresh toast, cereal, teas and coffees.

Another stay at the hostel for a quick social trip and yet again everything was spot on. I notice that some more work is being undertaken in the lounge area to make the seating area larger - which is good. Staff were always visibible cleaning and ensuring everywhere was kept to a high standard and as always Reception staff were very welcoming. Thanks Guys

Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with Smart Backpackers. You are welcome back anytime!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7