Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. Breakfast was a nice surprise.

My friends and I only stayed for one night and I'm happy it was only one night. Fairly low price but they charge you for everything, the atmosphere is terrible, and I found the staff to be completely rude and even mocking sometimes. Although it was a clean place I will not stay in this hostel again.

I thought the photos of the hostel were very deceiving! The room was so scary with three bunk beds stacked on top of eachother. The shower was like a locker room which the shower you had to hold the entire time. It was so hard with the wifi because it says free wifi but it's not in the rooms. There is no plugs to charge your phone on the rooms as well.

• 13th Apr 2015

Just what you expect from a cheap hostel, everything you need but nothing more. Unfortunately the beds are pretty small (185cm I think) So if you are taller than that it is not that comfortable sleeping. Poor internet connection :(

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We hope we will see you again!

called the hostel to make sure i have booked the hostel, the staff was impatient to check it out for me hurt my arm before i went to the hostel when i checked in that night, the reception staff gave me a nasty unfriendly look the bathroom door and the exhaust fan were too noisy

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hello. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. We've passed you comments on to the team leader to assist us with our training. We hope we will see you again!

It was a nice place for it's value but it was dirty and I didn't feel the safest there

• 6th Apr 2015
  • China

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Our housekeeping team clean day & night for Guests comfort, but facilities are only ever as clean as the last person who used them. We will try to do more however. If any Guests feel uncomfortable about something, please see the friendly receptionists who will try to help.

A great deal between what you get from what you pay. A true backpackers comfortable hostel

Rooms are very tight. Nowhere to put your bags. Plenty of showers and hot. Hate the timers on it lasts only 10 seconds. Should really increase the timer mechanism on this.

Hello and thanks for your review. Some of our rooms may be smaller than elsewhere. However our rates remain competitive for central London. We are relaying your comments to the relevant departments, regarding the timer mechanism on our showers. Thank you for choosing to stay with Smart Hostels we hope to see you again.

The location is good since it is quite near to the subway and train station. The breakfast was nice and most of the staffs are helpful and friendly except one girl. A self-catered kitchen is convenient too. It could be noisy though during nights, so it won't be ideal if u look for a quiet place. All in all, the place is nice and clean. Short/term staying is not bad.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • China

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Don't forget tocheck our latest news, offers and photos on Facebook :)

For the price I paid, this hostel is phenomenal. Having read the negative reviews, some people seem to have been expecting a posh hotel. It isn't, and doesn't pretend to be. Go in expecting a HOSTEL and you'll be completely satisfied. No issues with anything. 24 hour check-in is extremely handy, free breakfast (again, it's FREE so don't expect haute cuisine. I didn't expect breakfast so was pleasantly surprised to be given free toast and cornflakes.) and great location! Thoroughly recommend.

• 1st Apr 2015

Hello and thank you for your review and for taking the hostel so high. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest, news, photos and offers. You are welcome anytime!

Met my expectations, nothing more.

Hello and thank you for your valuable feedback. We are pleased your expectations were met during your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest news, offers and photos. We hope to see you again!

Great location! I will definitely stay at this hostel again!

Hi and thank you for your feedback and rating us so high. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page, to receive the latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome anytime!

Not a great experience, the 21 person room I stayed in was much smaller than most 21 person rooms. My room was in the basement directly below the common area so at 2-3 a.m I could still hear people running around and being loud upstairs. No bar in the common area, just a bunch of tables and 2 t.v's.

One word that can be said. AMAZING HOSTEL AND LOVED THE THIRD FLOOR ROOMS

• 27th Mar 2015

Hi and many thanks indeed for your positive review and rating the hostel so high. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome anytime!

Loved my stay at the hostel. Three little points i would like to say: 1) Amazing staff in all shifts 2) loved the the atmophere 3) Big thanks and all the credit on the managers help and hard work.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hello and many thanks for your review and rating our hostel so high. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the very latest news, photos and offers. You are welcome anytime!

showers were dirty, didn't feel safe at night

• 27th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for feedback. We apologise if you found the showers did not meet your expectations. For future reference, please inform our Reception team at the time; they will be able to manage such issues promptly. We take the safety, well being and comfort of our valued guests very seriously. In addition to our 24 hour reception, we also have 24 hour CCTV and night security every night. We hope you will come again.

Showers need some kind of upgrade... maybe better options where to keep your clothes while taking shower..

• Finland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hello and thank you for your review. The hostel is currently undergoing a major refurbishment programme; the rooms will all have en-suite bathrooms when complete. We hope if you come back you will notice the positive improvements we have made.

Having to use the key card to get into the staircase (instead of just the room) is very cumbersome and, I think, unnecessary.

Hi. Many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. At Smart Hostels we take your safety seriously. We provide security at the hostel which includes 24-hour CCTV, security key cards for every room (which can also be used to access your security lockers) and 24-hour reception. We hope we will see you again!

I'm fearly disappointed!!! The place is so much crowed, the room very small, the showers so few! Also the Wi-Fi is kind of fake, because it is really instable and works very well just if you pay extra! Just the position is really good, near the underground and the most important attractions of London.

Hi and thanks for your review. Some of our rooms may be smaller than elsewhere, however our rates are extremely low for central London. We offer a complimentary Wi-Fi service throughout the hostel for all our valued guests. For future reference, please report any issues to our reception team who will be able to assist you with such matters promptly and efficiently. We are pleased you enjoyed our central location. We hope to see you again.

My first stay in a hostel and was very pleased with my experience. The staff were friendly and helpful, not just the front desk but also those who came to clean the rooms. I didn't realise upon booking that the room I selected had its own bath & shower, which I was quite pleased with. Just minutes from the Underground so easy access to everything.

Hello and thank you for your review and rating the hostel so high. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest offers, news and photos. You are welcome anytime!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6