Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

WI FI JE SPOR ODNOSNO NEMOGUĆ, SVE JE -2, OSIM POLOŽAJA

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Croatia

I totally enjoyed my stay here as did my friends. Was a bit awkward having the showers in the basement but they were clean and the water hot so nothing really to complain about. The reception staff were friendly and very helpful. Location is very good right behind Russell Square station + only short walk to London Euston. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. :)

Thank you for review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Now you can check our latest news, offers and photos on face book. SRS Team

The hostel had a nice location and was OK for one night, but I wouldn't stay there again. The bathrooms and toilets weren't good and there was no atmosphere.

Thank you for your review. We take guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. SRS Team

In the case when we book for a week (from Mon to Fri), on Mon we are not allowed to shorten the stay on Fri even it is 4 days before Fri, as it is said that "this is a single booking".

Obrigado por seu comentário. Temos diferentes tipos de dormitórios para atender a diferentes tipos de viajantes, dependendo do seu orçamento. Oferecemos um alojamento barato e competitivo em muito boa localização. Estamos muito triste se você tem a impressão de que a nossa equipe é rude podemos assegurar-lhe que não temos nenhuma intenção de brincadeiras nossos hóspedes. SRS Staff

Staff were perfunctory and efficient with booking in and out but not what I would call friendly. Insufficient powerpoints in bathroom facilities, so I was woken up by a girl using her hairdryer in the corrodor at 7:00 in the morning because that's where she could find one. I never quite figured out where the showers were (yes, signs everywhere saying they were in the basement, but how to get to the basement?). However it was cheap and provided a bed for the night which was all I was after.

• 19th Oct 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you got the impression our staff is not friendly. Our hostel is really big and we do our best to provide a great service to all our guests. We take guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. SRS Staff

Dont ever go here. The staff were so rude and the rooms, kitchen and bathroom were very dirty. One night here was one too many...

Thank you for your feedback. We are really sorry you got the wrong impression about our staff. Our housekeeping staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular check every one hour during these times to maintain good cleaning quality. However, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. SRS Team

You get what you pay for.

• 19th Oct 2013

Wifi is very slowly. But including breakfast / Not bad

The staff tells me that the duvet cover is not cleaned for a new visitor at all! while the sheets are for pillow and mattress, no such sheets are provided to duvet cover. That means u have to use some 2nd-handed to N-th-handed duvet covers!

The lights are very powerful, the curtains should be washed and the fact that the facilities are only available in the vending machine at a much more expensive prize laughable. Otherwise, all good. I would recommend it if you're not too picky.

Staff are friendly. The hostel dwellers seem to have a "good vibe". Strange, because some hostels attract "adventurers", others "boozers" others yet "mellow". This is the "mellow" group.

• 17th Oct 2013

I don't understand other people's comments. SRS is really nice: curtains around your beds so even in a 9 beds room you have privacy, female bathroom really clean and never crowded (even though the hostel was full), free basic breakfast, GREAT location... Ok they make you pay to keep your luggage after checking out, or for a locker, but hey, they have to make some money as well! I'd definitely would go back again. Complainers might be people used to palaces. This is a great HOSTEL.

• 16th Oct 2013

The windows needs to be open wide to allow sufficient ventilation. I don't want to die of carbon dioxide, esp of lots of ppl in the same room - suggest to open the windows wide or install ventilation fans.

Excellent location and price. If I could suggest a couple improvements: earlier breakfast, especially if it is so simple, and free wifi that works in the rooms.

Good hostel, nice location. very poor wifi and to go to the bathroom you must walk a lot and cross the dining room and the breakfast is not so good. the rest is acceptable...

I stayed here for a couple of nights. It is a good place to get some sleep. Comfortable but short beds (not a problem for me but if you are over 1.80m (6ft) then you might feel squished. For the price it is very good value but you need to lower your expectations to the level of money you are paying, which is 1/10th of a 1* hotel in the area. Location is great and 24 hours security guard was reassuring. Highly recommended for what it is.

this was my first experience at a hostel , for the amount of money I had payed I expected much more than a tiny bed in a cluttered room with very poor hygiene , the staff were difficult to understand and very unhelpful , I will not be back at the hostel , yes the location was ok but that doesn't make up for how poor my stay was .

• 12th Oct 2013

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry you got the wrong impression as we are doing our best to provide best service possible to all our guests. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. SRS Staff

Good location, have to pay extra for lockers... And towels and for paying for your room on debit card. Room was freezing though, so take warm clothes or a sleeping bag

• 12th Oct 2013

The toppest beds in the room have no wooden cover, such that when the lights are on, it is hard to sleep - suggest to add a wooden cover on the toppest beds.

Good basic hostel. In a really good location right near the metro station. Staff weren't overly helpful. Good basic accom for a few nights