Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

when we arrived the room was filthy. spilled chips everywhere, garbage overflowing. We arrived around 3:30am and we woke up around 8:30 am - within those 5 hours someone stole all my friends money (more than 120 pounds and 5 euros) also didn't have any blankets on my bed other than the sheet so i froze at night.

• 14th May 2015

twin room doesn't give you double bed but bunker bed. triple room provide you with a small double bed with additional single bed on top (illegally built)! double decker bed is very shaky! the security stopped us for not having a card when we are told by the reception that it is ok to have 2 instead of 3 as we will be together, extra key card (deposit) is unnecessary! explained this to the security, he rudely shouted at us! cleanliness of toilet is poor, hairs of previous stay weren't removed!!

• 13th May 2015
  • Malaysia

U have to change the linens urself

• 13th May 2015
  • Egypt

I would recommend it! I loved everything about this hostel. The location is fantastic because it’s about 5 minutes away from everything in the city. A good place to have a few drinks at night with the other backpackers staying there…

Sweet! Absolutely Great! 100% The staff was absolutely great – always happy to help. I appreciated the included breakfast but I think it finishes a little too early!. Cheap laundry service. Sweet!!!!

LOVED our stay BeSound hostel was our first hostel we had ever stayed at, so we were a little apprehensive. We LOVED our stay there! Everything was nice and clean and the free wifi and breakfast was so nice.

• 10th May 2015

Everything is fine, but is a huge hostel. Do not expect a cozy place. Looks more like a hotel. London is not a city for backpacking, rather only use it a as hub for going somewhere else.

Disgusting dorm situation with moldy air in a room with no circulation and absolutely tiny beds! Tried to leave early but they would not refund the second night of what was the WORST overnight experience I have ever had in a hostel

• 4th May 2015

Small shoebox beds not good for claustrophobics

Overall the stay was very nice.......The supporting staff is not that friendly, but they are OK........Value for money and best location to stay as every important destinations......

Smelly bathroom, filthy bedroom, you have to make yr own bed to make sure you get clean sheets, which says it all. The staff is rude and unless you re stuck, I would not recommend this place.

Rooms are small, no free lockers, not exactly the most social of hostels

The hostel was perfect for my one night stay in London, visiting a university. It was convenient, comfortable, safe, and good value for money.

• 1st May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Almost no sockets in the hostel. Its really difficult to charge the battery of my mobile. Showers lockers were out of service.

Have to make own beds which is very difficult when you arrive at 10pm and are on the very top of a 3 story bunk. Lockers wouldn't open to store stuff. Staff were not very helpful. Breakfast was good!

• 29th Apr 2015

Rooms have no ventilation

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

This hostel is definitely not one I'll be booking again, despite the good central location and nice staff. The 8 bed dorms are very small (so are beds) and there are only 2 plugs near the door for everyone. Noisy electric drawers (extra charge) under beds can wake you up in the morning. The floor trembles when people walk, it can wake you up. The showers are collective (hello nudity!). Lifeless lobby with very few plugs near the seats, and you're not allowed to move seats while recharging (!?)

In the dormitory room with bathroom the sound of ventilator is intolerable, especially at night. I would definetly recommend this hostel only as a cheap place to sleep in the center. Do not expect anything more for this money. Breakfast is quite poor, location is good, staff is ok.

The hostel's staff is friendly, however, would add value if they knew about touristy things. Positives: 1. Hostel is around the corner from Piccadilly line, so an easy walk. 2. Hostel is near to lots of restaurants 3. Makes you feel safe since all doors require swiping in. 4. Breakfast has lot of items Negatives: 1. Hostel could be cleaner 2. Please install a hook rack in the bathroom stalls so I can hang more than a shirt while taking shower. 3. Please install bigger sinks

• 24th Apr 2015