Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

There were no free beds in the room I was given, so the lady at reception came up to the room and took someone's things and told me to take that bed. Of course this man still had a key and came in later at night yelling at me. It was scary and not something I should have had to deal with! no lockers

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry about the confusion in your bed situation. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London. We do have lockers in all of our dormitories available for guests use for a small fee. Thank you for staying with us.

This place is a ripp off when I went down to reception to book another night they charged me an extra 10 pounds because I didn't book it online. The rooms are tiny no room for bags, no pillow case or quilt cover and you can't sleep I it's too noisy. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

Hi there, we are sorry you are unhappy with the price your paid for your additional night. We never stop our guests from looking online before making a booking. Upon check in each guest is provided with a clean pillow case and fresh bed linen. Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback.

Your average large hostel. They are still in the middle of renovations so it's the luck of the draw whether you get an updated nice room or in my case an old crappy room, where there was no water in the taps and one of the shared bathrooms is out of order, meaning there is only access to one tiny sink for a tonne of people. Toilets were two floors down and showers 5 floors down. Beds are too short for tall people and I don't like how you have to even pay for lockers in your own room.

Hello, many thanks for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. Some of the things you've mentioned are being resolved right now. The hostel is undergoing a refurbishment and the rooms will all have en-suite bathrooms. In the meantime, we have a large gender split shower room in our basement to ensure our guests don't have to wait for a shower. We aim to provide clean, budget-conscious accommodation in Central London which is why we do not include lockers in the price.

We had a wonderful time, stayed there for 3 nights. Conveniently located, very nice/helpful staff, not the best beds but definitely worth the money we paid! Thank you and see you soon!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »