Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

Almost everything was good. But some staff are.....

• 28th Jul 2015
  • China

The staff booked me in under a split booking without notifying me, so I went out one day came back and my stuff had been removed from my room! Staff were not friendly when helping with the situation!

• 27th Jul 2015

Really did not like this hostel. The staff were super unfriendly which does not make for a good first impression. I wanted to pay for my room with credit but the system was down which was super inconvienient. There is also no charm left on the inside of this building it is white and very generic. All the extra little cost add ons for baggage storage and room lockers was also annoying. Was impressed to see the enviromental initiatives taken by the hostel like water conservation in the showers.

El personal que allí trabajo es muy bueno pero el desayuno muy muy escaso, poca variedad, muchas barreras arquitectónicas, no hay normas bien establecidas para la convivencia (la gente deja cosas tiradas en la habitación, gritan mientras los demás intentan dormir, el baño pequeño y gente sucia...)

Super cramped, toast rooms, with SUPER cramped bathrooms. The atmosphere is generally not good. There are lots of huge groups that came through that used the whole common area. No chance to meet people or interact much.

The 8 female dorm I was in was fine and I actually enjoyed my stay all the girls were really nice and friendly the toilet was small but it was very clean but the small toilet didn't bother me? Breakfast was just ordinary but it was still good and the beds are pretty comfy too, I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be coming back to stay next month

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Nice hostel. Very well located and very cheap.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The bed didn't provide curtain as picture show on the website. Electric plug should provide every bed, it is very inconvenience for the backpacker who want to recharge their electric devices for next day.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Corridors are very noisy, and the sound isolation is insufficient. The security staff enforces the silence after 11pm, but nobody does that the days he is not there.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Overall a great hostel, it was my first ever and didn't really have much in regards to expectations, but it's right next to a park/square and the underground system, so you're never far away from the destination of your choosing.

You can't pay with card at the reception and th breakfast was really bad, but free. A bit of a wait for th check in. Alright night sleep and ok quite in the big dorm. Could be cheaper

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Ok...so I have never stayed in a hostel before so had no idea what to expect, but did read reviews prior to my stay. I thought overall, the hostel was good value for money. I was on a top bunk, which was very stuffy due to the summer weather, so some fans to circulate the air would be a HUGE improvement...also with being on the top bunk, access to a charging socket was not convenient...but as I see from previous reviews, it IS something you are going to address.

• 20th Jul 2015

Good central location - can't ask for better. You can save heaps by walking instead of taking the tube to key sights. Standard basic hostel breakfast of toast, cereal and coffee/tea. Big issue of security: the basement room I was in had windows to just below street level with no bars. Windows needed to be kept open in summer, so anyone from the steet could get into our room. Showers are clean but come with the standard timed-push button. Large change room for the men's.

• 19th Jul 2015

Overall cheap and good hostel. Didn't like much the shower although it had hot water

The rooms were badly ventilated. Particularly in Summer, it gets very suffocating with the curtains closed over beds when other room members have the light on. The washrooms were very tiny, thin walled and had to be squeezed into. Very possible for everyone outside to hear whats going on inside. The water control in showers could have been user friendly with hot and cold water control.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • India

De los peores hostales en los que me he quedado, estuvimos en una habitación de 18 personas y la distribución horrible, las maletas sobre el pasillo no se podía caminar, olía muy mal, y las bañeras horribles, sin regulador de temperatura ni donde poner la ropa, no lo recomiendo, hay mejores y más cerca del centro

The smallest room I have ever been in. Described as a twin but was bunk beds. We would not have booked it if we knew this. No where to hang clothes - we had to leave out clothes suitcases. Absolutely no privacy. I would advise hostelworld to take this hostel off your website. Otherwise your reputation will be affected too.

• 17th Jul 2015

Great hostel in a very central location. We stayed in a private twin with ensuite which included a toilet/shower. The room was pretty spacious compared to other hostels and was clean and tidy. The walls are quite thin so it could get a little noisy but there are security around to tell people to quieten down if it gets too bad. You also get free breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

I would only stop here for a night!! The showers are awful and the staff are awful too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7