Smart Russell Square Reviews

71 Guilford Street, London, England

Good hostel, great location - just note that beds are really short. I stayed in 9 bed room and beds were 180cm (approximately) .

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Slovakia

Good hostel, clean, in a perfect location. Very helpful staff.

Upside: Good Russell Sq location, liked the privacy nets around beds. Dislike: My bed had no personal power outlet or light meaning that I had to go to the (super crowded) common room to charge my phone. The beds at the top had no privacy curtain upwards meaning that if someone turned on the lights, they would wake up. Having one big room with showers is a good idea, but the showers were disgusting and why can't you just have a normal tap instead of one button where you can't control temperature

샤워실이 커텐형식이고 그렇게 깨끗해 보이지는 않았고요 화장실은 보이기로는 깨끗하지만 냄새가 났습니다. 방에 충전할수 있는 코드가 두개뿐이라 불편했습니다 위치는 정말 좋았어요 역에서 가깝고 근처에 상점가가 몰린 브런즈윅이라는데가 있어서 좋았습니다

Since my last visit in July, a third floor was added. I stayed in a 8 bed female dormwhich also had a tiny tiny bathroom, with toilet, shower and sink. I appreciated it as the showers are in the basement. The room was very clean also, being new. My blanket didn't seem very clean but the sheets were spotless.

Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accomodation in Central London. Our bed linen is professionaly laundered, so just ask reception if there's a problem and they will happily swap it for you! We hope we will see you again soon!

Effectivement pas de grande surprise, petite industrie du logement pas cher, ambiance très jeune. Toute fois bien dormi dans dortoir de 15 ; ) Regrettable que les casiers en dortoir soient payants, comme la consigne bagages bien sûr. Check in à partir 14h et jusqu'à 5h du mat, check out 10h. Petit dèj 7h30 et 9h30 (toasts et café soluble), breakfast all day au 160 Grays Inn Rd ! ) Excellent Indien au 137 même rue. Bien situé, proche St Pancras, Ça passe.

• 15th Jan 2015

Nothing special... Very much like a machiene. The room I stayed in a room that had six beds and should of only had four. Bathrooms were down stairs and inconvenient. The staff just seemed overworked and not concerned about any guest services. I checked out after the first night at 10:30am and they still charged me for the second night.

• 15th Jan 2015

I'm 195 and there was only I problem: beds are about 180cm. Besides that there was everything you need: hot water, simpliest, tasty breakfast and comfy bed (if you're not that tall)

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Poland

The hostel was great - great value, great facilities on offer, great service. The only negatives I found were: lack of free security options (most of the people staying at the hostel are students, or travellers and have large bags), more seating for breakfast, more electricty points, and more mirrors/sinks in the bathroom. It was great for the money though! Highly recommend.

• 11th Jan 2015

Not a fan of the windows always open and heating on max. Gave me sore throat and traffic was pretty loud. WiFi was spotty in my room. Overall very nice staff, nice living room.

• 10th Jan 2015

L'emplacement proche de St Pancras est très intéressant, mais les douches au sous sol, le petit dej très tarte, les couchages sur trois niveaux (il fait chaud en haut meme en janvier!), les chambres exigues, et un manque total de place pour ranger ses affaires font que cela est intéressant quand on est dans les dortoirs à 18 pour 15£. Une chambre privative dans ces circonstances serait certainement trop cher. Ah et aucun miroir dans les douches, c'est original!

• 9th Jan 2015

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Our hostel is within a short wallking distance to the lively Camden Town, bustling Oxford Street and a 30 minute walk from Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and the London Eye. We have different types of dormitories to suite different types of travellers depending on their budget. Our goal is to provide clean, budget-conscious accomodation in Central London. The Hostel is undergoing a refurbishment and the rooms will all have en-suite bathrooms.

Location can't be beat - 2 min to British Museum, 5 minutes walk to Euston/St Pancras/Kings X, 10 min to Oxford street. Very good value for money in central London. Good standard of cleanliness. Generally quiet clientele, hence a good night's sleep - beds have curtains for privacy,, which is great.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Now you can check our lastest news, offers and photos on Facebook. We hope we will see you again!

Cheap, close to all the important landmarks and clean. What more could you want?

We had problems with our beds in the first day. We got out of the hostel and when we got back at the end of the day, everything was messy, our courtins opened. The hostel gave free locker. The ambient is awful, my boyfriend had problem with the 10 pound that he gave on the first day to guarantee the sheets will be returned cause he was lefting one day before (and he paid for 3 days and left on the 2nd). I not recommend the hostel at all. Just the location, that is very good.

sarebbe meglio se il personale fosse più cordiale. Parlo delle recepcionist e del proprietario. Non costa niente dare un paio di informazioni in più quando vengono richieste e trovo vergognose le urla alle signore delle pulizie, durante la colazione e difronte a tutti.

Good location for the british museum.

The rooms were smelly due to the people. Almost none of the outlets work, and the very few are continuously taken up by people. Breakfast was terrible.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Really good place to stay.Great area nice facilities very good staff.

If anything, the heating was set too high in the bedroom (208 on Jan 3rd), and I don't recall there been any way to control the temperature (thermostat or tap); The temperature was better by morning though. Other improvements: A couple more hooks in the individual showers (between 1st and 2nd floor), and on the beds (possibly even inside the sleeping area would be nice) In 210 (IIRC) several of the coat hooks on the beds were broken.

• 3rd Jan 2015

位於市中心和臨近地鐵站交通方便,價格便宜,而且還免費附早餐(吐司和玉米片、熱茶咖啡)雖然陽春但在物價極高的倫敦,省一餐還覺得很感心。房間、廁所衛生底空飛過尚可。房間隔音效果差,可以聽到牆壁內水管流動的聲音,床板下有置物櫃但需要租借才能使用,其他沒什麼特殊設施或氣氛。免費Wifi速度中等,但房間內收不到,需在公共區使用。

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7