Smart Sea View Brighton Reviews

9-12 St Catherines Terrace Hove, Brighton, Brighton, England

I wouldn't advise you to go on a Saturday I got woke up at half 5 by people playing music

• 30th Jan 2016

More then why up for, will be back

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Wales

Lovely helpful staff

• 31st Dec 2015

Nice and friendly on the phone. Check in and check out at reception less so. Rooms would of benefited from plug sockets not completely under the beds, and could of been more welcoming 1 socket between 6 isn't really enough. The Hostel is in Hove and so is quite far out from the centre of Brighton, it is about a 45 minute walk which is ok as long as its not freezing cold or raining. Not something you would want to do regularly. Overall fine for what we needed it for.

Thank you for the nice service. After reading a lot of bad ratings I was really dreading our stay but it was perfectly fine! It is just a regular Hostel but with nice and welcoming employees and a decent breakfast! Just be aware that it is about 35 minutes walk from town but if you get a busticket for the day you are good and the walk at the beach towards town was really nice too!

• 5th Dec 2015

Not very clean but the staff are lovely and happy to help. Great value for money, free wifi and breakfast is included!

• 28th Nov 2015

Good value for money but try not assuming your guests are all drug users the first time you meet them. Far from a warm welcome but the room was good. There were 8 of us and we got an 8 bed room all to ourselves which was good. My card details also got stolen shortly after booking which makes me question the security of the website I booked with but apart from that all good.

• 14th Nov 2015

I only stayed here for one night, but it was exactly what I needed.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Wales

No lock on bathroom and toilets' doors. Duvet dirty. No sea view at all as we were on the basement. Room very dark. Only one main light for 12 beds and 2 plugs. Lockers in the room were broken, could hear the water running through outside the bedroom window when someone was having a shower, very noisy. Positive: water in the shower was hot, lockers at the reception for £1,50 and someone always there at the reception so could come and leave the hostel at anytime. Will definitely not recommend.

• 10th Oct 2015

This is run by far the staff I've encountered.I was treated on like I a guest.The staff talked over me or casually dismissive of my questions .this place

Comfy beds, very quiet. Definitely value for money.

• 26th Sep 2015

To start with let's say I've stopped in numerous places like this, all over England and Europe. This was one of the better ones. End of the day, you pay for a budget bed to crash out in. That is what I received. Not.all properties have a toilet and showers in the room, it's usually half a mile down a corridor. So that's a plus. Also location, a pleasant walk, good location from Hove. Luggage storage and issued with wifi code at check in which is included in the price which is a nice touch. :)

• 26th Sep 2015

We didn't stay there. we went elsewhere because of a theft that occurred and nothing being done about it

• 16th Sep 2015

All lockers have been forced open. They have strange people there whom you can´t trust. Some are just out of jail. Some are living there for four years now. You can´t feel save - unless you are one of them. I one of the rooms there had water coming from the sealing and it destroyed some electric things. The staff never apologist or cared at all. The owner threats people not to wright bad reviews. I had been in a lot of Hostels for the same money - but never such a bad one. It should be closed.

• 16th Sep 2015

Room was okay, not very clean but considering the price I wasn't expecting more. Toilets were worse; some had no seats, many weren't flushed and there was no functioning sink to wash your hands, you had to go back to your room.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Sweden

beds were clean and cofortable, room at the back of hostel, so quiet. No double glazing, so noise at the front could be an issue. Although advertised as Brighton, it is a couple of miles from the piers, and actually in Hove. Staff were friendly enough. some minor glitches with cupboard, shower and sink. £60 per person I thought a bit steep for a hostel, but it did include breakfast, which we missed unfortunately.

Not the best but not the worst. Friendly staff. Could've been a little more tidy when we arrived.

This hostel was pretty much what you need if you're not planning on spending a great deal of time there. Beds were clean and comfortable enough, and the room felt secure. The only thing is the location. It can be a fair walk into Brighton itself, although not unmanageable.

Noisiest and most caotic place I've ever seen.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Spain

the staff was very unfriendly and we didn't get some clean blanket covers. the breakfast wasn't a breakfast and the rooms were not really clean, the windows didn't get to close and it was very cold in the night

• 22nd Aug 2015