Smart Sea View Brighton Reviews

9-12 St Catherines Terrace Hove, Brighton, Brighton, England

I first stayed in a 20 bed dorm room. It was good for the price, but some of the beds don't have curtains which might make some people uncomfortable. I then moved to a single room, which was wonderful. Very clean. It came with a TV and kettle, which I wasn't expecting. It was quiet and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Our room was a bit run down looking but was really clean. The lockers didn't look very secure but as we had the whole dorm it wasn't an issue for us. The staff were really helpful and were happy to answer any questions we had. Simple rooms at a good price.

The pipe of the tap in the room next door made a loud banging noise every time it was turned on, waking us up numerous times in the night. Dubious brown marks on the wall above the bed. Furnishings and decor were cheap and cheerful, but you get what you pay for I guess. Staff friendly.

• 21st Nov 2014

My stay here was great. The private room was a great price and quite large too. Also very very clean! Loved that I could make a coffee for myself in the room.

Absolutely nice and sweet place to stay on the coast, was really impressed by cleanliness of the dorms and dorm bathrooms, kitchen and common area are also very nice and comfy. Good wifi and welcoming stuff made our impressions perfect! Thanks for a good stay in sunny Brighton! :)

stayed in 18 bed i think it was, bit squishy if it was full but didnt actually end up staying the night. got fresh sheet and pillow case but the blanket lookedlike it hadnt been washed in a while with some stains. its not the kind of place you would hang out at just a place to rest your head for the night. Mostly picked this hostel because it was the best price for a Saturday night. Its not the worst hostel, i would stay again if i couldnt find something nicer at an afforable price.

the kitchen could be opened all day. the breakfast was a bit poor.

Your Staff Marius and Zoltan are an investment and well trained!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Zambia

The best of the hostel is the staff. I also liked the building, wich seems an old hotel with old forniture. The breakfast was welcome but just ok. The big room (15 bed) is one of the worse I've ever seen, with shaking triple bunk beds, no lockers, not space for our backpacks, etc. Baggage room has £2 fee. Location is not bad, near a big supermarket, but I still prefer Brighton more than Hove.

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to add your review. I am sorry to hear that our hostel failed to meet your expectations in certain areas but I am pleased that our staff made a good impression on you. You might be happy to learn that since your visit, we have improved the room you stayed in. We would be pleased to welcoming you back in the future, Kind regards, Elisa A., Smart Sea View hotel.

I had mixed feeling before I arrived at the hotel after reading a few negative reviews. But to my surprise everything went well with a little surprises.

• 4th Oct 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to learn that your stay with us left you with a good impression. We are looking forward to see you in the future, Kind regards , Elisa A., Smart Sea View hotel

There was a crowd of 'Young Adults!' in the next room to my single room ...I didn't get much rest until they were thrown out of the hostel at midnight ... drunk, load & .... young. They all seemed to want to be in the room they were not assigned too & spent lots of energy knocking on doors (Including mine once) going from room to room with dramatic giggles ... before the tears. However ... It was alight for me to get my head down in a nice clean room after they went. Liam W

• 4th Oct 2014

Dear Liam, Thank you for your review. I apologise for the inconvenience caused. However, I am pleased to read that our staff deal quickly with the situation and that you were able to get some rest after the incident. We would be delighted to hear from you again, Kind regards, Elisa A. Smart Sea View hotel

one of our rooms had no curtains ,the other the window was broken and wedged open and couldnt be closed consequently we didnt sleep because of traffic noise,we did report this as we left, receptionist was reluctant to take payment for two rooms on two credit cards because it was too complicated There was also a great deal of noise throughout the night near the other room (203) breakfast was about the worst I have ever seen ,the coffee wasnt drinkable ,the hot option looked revolting ,the din.

• 20th Sep 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff always happy to help.

• 5th Sep 2014

Rooms clean and tidy. Very nice and helpfull staff.

Advertise car parking but there is none, at least 40minutes fast walking pace into Brighton, reception staff seemed poorly trained, as they did not have customer service skills. lockers don't lock and really were disappointed as we read reviews from this site which said people liked the place and were happy, however the whole description was pretty misleading, from location to car parking we left disappointed

I booked 5 nights in this place, left after just two, probably one of the most horrible, sad, dirty and depressive hostels i have ever visited, dont go there, for the same money you can find better places in Brighton.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Spain

A classic example of "you get what you pay for" I shared a room with 5 friends. We had to make our own beds, shared showers, terrible breakfast but it was right on the seafront and it was cheap. Would visit again.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Bare in mind it was a Saturday night! I paid £25 for a mixed dorm of 20. Extortionate compared to the prices elsewhere in Europe, but this could just be the issue in the UK. This did however then impact on my views to other issues I found. The hostel is run down and dingy, my room was in the basement and the walls were crumbling and the bathroom felt grotty. There was also a crusty brown stain on my duvet which I quickly got changed! Stay here if you're not fussy and need a bed for a night.

Very basic but perfect for a couple of nights if you're wanting to meet other people.

Hotel is located close to the seaside, but long distance from Brighton centre. Staff generally helpful and friendly except one lady. Breakfast monotonous- every day toast and cereal. Bathrooms dirty,stuffy, mould on the walls and musty smell everywhere. Beds comfortable. The most dirty kitchen I've ever seen. Disgusting dirty and mildewed sponges and wipers. Continuous lack of cutlery, plates and cups. To sum up, I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 31st Jul 2014