Smart Sea View Brighton Reviews

9-12 St Catherines Terrace Hove, Brighton, Brighton, England

My stay here was great. The private room was a great price and quite large too. Also very very clean! Loved that I could make a coffee for myself in the room.

Absolutely nice and sweet place to stay on the coast, was really impressed by cleanliness of the dorms and dorm bathrooms, kitchen and common area are also very nice and comfy. Good wifi and welcoming stuff made our impressions perfect! Thanks for a good stay in sunny Brighton! :)

stayed in 18 bed i think it was, bit squishy if it was full but didnt actually end up staying the night. got fresh sheet and pillow case but the blanket lookedlike it hadnt been washed in a while with some stains. its not the kind of place you would hang out at just a place to rest your head for the night. Mostly picked this hostel because it was the best price for a Saturday night. Its not the worst hostel, i would stay again if i couldnt find something nicer at an afforable price.

the kitchen could be opened all day. the breakfast was a bit poor.

Your Staff Marius and Zoltan are an investment and well trained!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Zambia

The best of the hostel is the staff. I also liked the building, wich seems an old hotel with old forniture. The breakfast was welcome but just ok. The big room (15 bed) is one of the worse I've ever seen, with shaking triple bunk beds, no lockers, not space for our backpacks, etc. Baggage room has £2 fee. Location is not bad, near a big supermarket, but I still prefer Brighton more than Hove.

I had mixed feeling before I arrived at the hotel after reading a few negative reviews. But to my surprise everything went well with a little surprises.

• 4th Oct 2014

There was a crowd of 'Young Adults!' in the next room to my single room ...I didn't get much rest until they were thrown out of the hostel at midnight ... drunk, load & .... young. They all seemed to want to be in the room they were not assigned too & spent lots of energy knocking on doors (Including mine once) going from room to room with dramatic giggles ... before the tears. However ... It was alight for me to get my head down in a nice clean room after they went. Liam W

• 4th Oct 2014

one of our rooms had no curtains ,the other the window was broken and wedged open and couldnt be closed consequently we didnt sleep because of traffic noise,we did report this as we left, receptionist was reluctant to take payment for two rooms on two credit cards because it was too complicated There was also a great deal of noise throughout the night near the other room (203) breakfast was about the worst I have ever seen ,the coffee wasnt drinkable ,the hot option looked revolting ,the din.

• 20th Sep 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff always happy to help.

• 5th Sep 2014

Rooms clean and tidy. Very nice and helpfull staff.

Advertise car parking but there is none, at least 40minutes fast walking pace into Brighton, reception staff seemed poorly trained, as they did not have customer service skills. lockers don't lock and really were disappointed as we read reviews from this site which said people liked the place and were happy, however the whole description was pretty misleading, from location to car parking we left disappointed

I booked 5 nights in this place, left after just two, probably one of the most horrible, sad, dirty and depressive hostels i have ever visited, dont go there, for the same money you can find better places in Brighton.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Spain

A classic example of "you get what you pay for" I shared a room with 5 friends. We had to make our own beds, shared showers, terrible breakfast but it was right on the seafront and it was cheap. Would visit again.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Bare in mind it was a Saturday night! I paid £25 for a mixed dorm of 20. Extortionate compared to the prices elsewhere in Europe, but this could just be the issue in the UK. This did however then impact on my views to other issues I found. The hostel is run down and dingy, my room was in the basement and the walls were crumbling and the bathroom felt grotty. There was also a crusty brown stain on my duvet which I quickly got changed! Stay here if you're not fussy and need a bed for a night.

Very basic but perfect for a couple of nights if you're wanting to meet other people.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Hotel is located close to the seaside, but long distance from Brighton centre. Staff generally helpful and friendly except one lady. Breakfast monotonous- every day toast and cereal. Bathrooms dirty,stuffy, mould on the walls and musty smell everywhere. Beds comfortable. The most dirty kitchen I've ever seen. Disgusting dirty and mildewed sponges and wipers. Continuous lack of cutlery, plates and cups. To sum up, I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Poland

- the interior of the dorm was in a bad condition

There was chewing gum stack on the wall next to my bed.

• 25th Jul 2014

It was cheap and good value for money as its just a place to crash ur head so its fine. The only downside was there were no curtains in the dorm room so in the morning its very bright and you wake up early. Otherwise for the money you pay all was pretty good

• 19th Jul 2014