Smart Sea View Brighton Reviews

9-12 St Catherines Terrace Hove, Brighton, Brighton, England

It was ok :)

• 18th Jul 2015

Full of disease people, maybe because far away from the center. Dirty.

Thank you so much for a lovely stay! Breakfast was great, the staff were friendly, helpfu and there was someone around 24/7. We really appreciated the private room and general cleanliness! Five star hostel experience.

• 17th Jul 2015

I had 3 relaxing nights at this place . Definite value for money & staff were very helpful , special Petre went out of his way to help with my parking needs & any other small issues that needed sorted , were dealt with efficiently.

• 16th Jul 2015

We stayed in the private rooms and as a family party of 12 we were comfortably accommodated. Friendly staff and reasonable cost for a weekend in Brighton. The private rooms are also not noisy.

• 11th Jul 2015

Hostel was a lot better than I had feared after reading other reviews on this site. People in the dorms were friendly, staff were helpful, the beds were really spaced out making the rooms feel more comfortable than an average hostel. Most importantly, the price was very low and compared to Smart Brighton Beach where the entire building quakes until 2/3am each night thanks to being above a nightclub, this was a peaceful haven. Also, it's just down from big Tescos in Hove, so not "miles out".

Great location, beds were comfy enough, no springs in the mattress (: was sufficient a short overnight stay, reasonable price for a weekend, I note the prices in the week are much lower, making this an ideal place to stay if you are looking for a bed midweek.

• 4th Jul 2015

The kitchen was horrible - squashy room that smelt. The hostel is marketed as a Brighton hostel but it is in Hove not Brighton. And the cost of a room for one night was disgraceful. What a rip off!!

• 4th Jul 2015

This property is advertised as being in Brighton, it's not, it's in Hove so be prepared for a long walk! Dormitories are basic and bathroom pretty shabby. A clean sheet and pillow case were provided but the duvet covers did not smell fresh. I was only there one night so it's difficult to rate atmosphere but it was a bit of a soul less experience. Coffee was nice in the morning but cheap squash and value bread and marg were a bit lame.

• 4th Jul 2015

Cheap, not too far from the city centre, wifi only works in the lunge room but is free, dorms are basic but then it is cheap. breakfast is included so thats a plus. overall a good place to stay for someone on a budget who is not to picky/fussy.

• 1st Jul 2015

No sheet sleeping bag, no curtains, no lockers,

• 27th Jun 2015

I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. It's not on the street it says it's on. Staff are rude and making fun of how I was saying my name because of my accent. Didn't get any greeting As I walked in the hostel. Bed was uncomfortable. Not the cleanest place I have stayed in. Best part was the location.

The hostel should make sure that there are curtains on windows to stop light waking you up , enough working lockers for all and change the duvet cover every time. It is disgusting to not wash these for each customer.

• 6th Jun 2015

Hotel sea view was fine for a night but not for any longer. Shower didn't work, weird noises were waking Me up during the night. Apart from that location was good and fairly reasonable price

• 6th Jun 2015

Hostel is incredibly average. I stayed here b/c it was a bit closer to Wildlife festival & cheaper than other hostels, So I guess you get what you paid for. Ive been to Brighton before, I knew this hostel wasnt the best location but it was convenient for what I was there 4. The staff was somewhat rude & not really helpful. the atmosphere was good but Im not sure how good it would have been if there wasn't a festival going on. stay at smart beach Brighton for close to city centre/pier/better stay

An awful place to stay! Everything is dirty and old! The staff are rude and it's really far away from everything, I understand it's budget but there are certain standards that have to be met - and I would honestly advise you not to stay here no matter what!!!

Me and my 4 friends came down from Portsmouth to celebrate my birthday. Brighton was amazing, such a shame that the hotel ruined the experience. I understand it's meant to be a "cheap" place to stay, but manners and kindness don't cost a thing and so your hotel could have been the Ritz, but your particular member of staff would still haven't ruined it for us all and quite a few other guests. Unfortunately I don't have enough characters remaining, but feel free to check trip advisor or email me

• 30th May 2015

First things first, the pictures that are shown in the website are totally the opossite. The beds we're supose to have 'curtains', so that each person would have their private area, but they didn't. And that was the only reason I accepted sleeping in a room of 20 beds full of strangers. It seemed like there was no security at the reception because everyone was so noisy during the late hours, it was a strugle to sleep because of the people hanging out outside of the room.

• 29th May 2015
  • Portugal

Definitely not one of the top 10 on my list. I stayed in a doom. There were 8 beds, but only 4 lockers, which makes no sense. It took at least 20 mins to walk from the pier to the hostel. btw, i walk fast. The receptionist did not provide any useful advice about traveling there.

Really nice staff! BUT dirty rooms, one bathroom(incl shower) for 18bed dorm, too small room for many people, no air conditioner, one window possible to open and no lockers. We got a clean bedsheet from reception but there were dirty linen, they didn't change it through our 3-day-stay so we don't know if/when they do. Not a place to meet other travellers, many habitants, who are nice though. Still I mean, they had good matresses so worth low price if you only need a place to crash.