Smart Sea View Brighton Reviews

9-12 St Catherines Terrace Hove, Brighton, Brighton, England

The bathrooms were pretty dirty, some of the staff members were not that helpful and seemed to be bothered by our prescence at all. Others were helpful. It was expensive for the bed we had to make ourselves, we had to go back to reception and ask where the bed sheets were. There was no security. What little there was were lockers that were all bent out of shape so they could not even be closed let alone locked.

Damp, broken toilet, hard wobbly bed, guy smoking pot, guy throwing up, loud noises from up stairs, other guests, and outside till 5am had no sleep and they still charged me for a night I didn't stay as I left very unhappy and found somewhere quiet to sleep very disappointing.

It was a mistake for me to book this hotel and I would not readily recommend it. If you want to see the problems then I suggest you visit it yourself.

• 4th Apr 2014

Was the only hostel available for the night we wanted to be in Brighton. Don't be expecting The Ritz, but if you're willing to hike for 30mins from Brighton to Hove then it'll serve you adequately well. Not far from the beach, as the title might suggest.

no internet working that day.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Portugal

It was a cheap stay in a 20 person mixed room, but we ended up having a horrendous stag party (not the hostels fault). But they came back at four am with girls and kept us up for hours. The staff could have intervened at some point, they must have been aware of the situation. This hostel is for sleeping and breakfast. It's a hike away from the downtown area, and the facilities weren't anything to brag about.

A friend and I decided to go on a last minute weekend trip to Brighton. We ended up booking Smart Sea View purely because it was the only place left which wasn't over £150 for a night. We were slightly dubious after reading a few negative reviews but we were pleasantly surprised with the pleasant stay we had. The twin room was perfect for us, it was a good size, had a tv, and most importantly was clean. We missed breakfast so I can't comment on the food. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 15th Mar 2014

Very nice staff, a little but far from the centre but there are buses all the time, even at night! It's worth booking this hostel!

Nice location near the sea front

The common room pool table was out of order and the wifi wasn't working also the parking is a pain but overall good staff were really helpful and friendly there was 14 of us that stayed

• 8th Mar 2014

I received a very friendly welcome from Ivan who took time to explain all about my stay & offered help and advice regarding parking. I could not fault his enthusiasm in any way. The Breakfast staff were very friendly. I will definately make Hostelworld my first choice when looking for accomodation in the future.

• 7th Mar 2014

fantastic

good atmosphere nice staff and customer

Me and 9 of my friends booked out the 10 person room at around £19 each - which was a bargain! We had an ensuite, clean bedding and it was very warm and cosy. We only came to brighton for a night out but the room was nice enough to have our pre drinks there and chill out for a few hours. We did have our music on maybe a little loud (it was saturday night!) but the staff just knocked on our door and politely asked us to turn it down which was absolutely fine! Its not 5* but its great value!

• 25th Jan 2014