Smart Stay Berlin City Reviews

Wilmersdorfer Str. 148, Berlin, Germany

Clean, comfortable. A safe in the room would have been nice.

The hotel say in their visit card about guest kitchen but They don't have any when I asked in the reception..Rest of my review according above opinion..Thanks..

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Clean, nice, conveniently located, good price.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

I would recommend this hostel to any traveler going to berlin. The front desk, needs some Customer Service 101 training. Teach them how to smile and how give the greeting of the day. Pretty simple! A wall locker/storage in the rooms would a great addition. Overall, this hostel is clean and comfortable place to stay. Close to everything.

• 15th Feb 2015

1. My Powerbank (100€) was stolen in the hostel in a 6 people dorm. 2. Very loud in the nights, often loud laughter and screams through the hostel. In the last night in our 6 people dorm, there were alcoholics who drank and did not let us sleep all the night. 3. One time i made a booking and on our arrivel the receptionist told us, that there are not any free beds available. 4. The breakfast is not good. Besides a cup of water for your own tea costs 0,50€. But the location is very good.

• 13th Feb 2015

I stayed there for only one night. To get there was pretty easy, the overall appearance was nice and clean enough in general. However there was some critical things: 1) There was no lockers inside a 8 bed mixed dorm; 2) If you sleep in the top bed of the bunkbed, there are no power plugs so you can charge your phone and set your alarm clock to get up early; 3) A girl was sick, threw up all over the bathroom, and none came to clean it until the time I had to leave the next morning. (around 9:30)

the room was great. it'd be cool to have a locker inside the dorms.

Like others have said the staff was not super friendly or anything but they did their jobs so no complaints. The 8 person dorm room had drawers under the bed instead of lockers so there was really no security in that respect but you are free to leave luggage with the people at the front desk and they put it in a back room so that was nice.

Pros: clean, comfortable, near public transportation & supermarkt, modern and inexpensive Cons: No locker

I stayed in the six mixed dorm for two nights, and the room and the bathroom were clean enough. Location was good as well. It was close to Berlin ZOB and easy to use the subway. Wifi was also working very well. I would definitely stay here again if i visited Berlin next time.

No lockers in the bunk rooms No kitchen facilities Bunk rooms and bathrooms didnt seem to get cleaned regularly.... Cumfy beds Friendly staff Good lounge area Good wifi

Excellent budget option

New, clean and comfortable hostel

Would have liked to rate it higher. I am hoping that if a staff person, in this case Anita, are in a bad mood or stressed, that they not put that on a guest. In this case myself. Specifically I was looking at the key for storage to communicate that is the key I would need ( as often there is a language barrier since my German is not perfect) I left the key on the counter and pointed to it. Her she felt the need to go on some lecture about the key. Annoying at least! And never an apology! Typica

Generally a very good hostel. A TV in a dormitary is often nuicance. At our case one room-mate kept it open very late at evening and propably fell asleep. He had the remote controller. I slept badly and was tired next day. I think that even in a 4 bed dormitary should be a lockers.