Smart Stay Berlin City Reviews

Wilmersdorfer Str. 148, Berlin, Germany

A little far from downtown but very easily accessible with the subway. Facilities were relatively clean, well-designed. Staff however was rude and reluctantly helpful. Yes, it was a cheap place, but it doesn't cost anything to be pleasant. Internet was also a disappointment -- only a limited number of people could be connected at the same time and there was barely any accessed in the rooms.

It's definitely a great place to stay at while in Berlin. The building is just a block away from the junction of U2 and U7, and S-Bahn runs just a few streets down, so you can quickly be anywhere you want. It's a bit out of the centre, but there's a whole regiment of the most diversified shops, bakeries, pizzerias and other catering units, so whatever you need, it's unlikely that you have to walk far. The atmosphere is nice and calm, the rooms are well-equipped, and comfy. Strongly recommended.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Smart Stay Berlin City is a great place to stay, convenient store(PENNY), pharmacy and lots food shops nearby. helpful staff,clean environment, and reasonable price of your stay, especially I took euroline at FOB, it is only 2 stations from here. After all, such a great time I had! Recommended!

When the hotel is nice, you definitely want to leave a comment. I really like smart city hotel, clean, staff are professional, polite and helpful, the lobby is big and comfortable to chill, they also offer computers in the lobby to get on internet and a pool table. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, very clean and the housekeeper organize the room every day. It is very good value for money, I highly recommend it!!

The only remark concerns the Internet. I could not log on to the network wi fi.

Great place great location! The room was clean and the bed very comfortable but what I really appreciate was the bathroom in the dorm. Not in every hostel, for such a low price you can have it. If I ever come back to Berlin I definitely stay here.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Really nice and comfy hotel with great facilities

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The rooms clean and beds comfortable. But if you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor expect your room to be hot and stuffy. The beds aren't assigned and people in my room decided to switch beds and took the remaining bed that was meant for me. Very rude but not the staffs fault. Although I think they should assign beds to keep that from happening. Limited outlets as well and my bed didn't have a lamp like all the others. No lockers to store valuables. Staff could smile more and offer better asistance.

The rooms were so clean and tidy. They were ideal for the price we paid. However they needed a safe in them, or a locker for each bunk bed, as I felt like we had to take our valuables out with us everyday. You were able to leave them at the desk, but this is next to the door and that didn't feel super safe. The Dining space was beautiful and clean. Altogether we had an amazing stay at the Hostel.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Probably one of the nicest places I've stayed at. It was more like a nice hotel if anything.

Everything was perfect, almost a hotel feel. It very well localized 2 min walting to bismarkerstrasse u-abhn station. I only complain about wireless connection that is pain to work.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, but TERRIBLE slow and rude staff

nice stay

The hostel isn't bad, but we didn't have a "warm welcome". The staff is ok, though, just not too friendly with the guests. Beware of the scumbags in the reception at evening; we had the precise feeling that a couple of people there weren't guests - they were robbers Not sure I would come back

• 28th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Some headphones and a phone charger of mine went missing here, also the staff tried to keep my key deposit saying that it had already been refunded, but i managed to get that back in the end. Wifi here is also very patchy. But it is a nice hotel (not really a hostel) in a nice area.

internet had some problems, rooms are hotel like with own bathroom which is nice, rooms get cleaned every day would stay again

The location is great and the staff is friendly. Really this hostel is ridiculously nice for the price you have to pay for it. The only downside I had is that I had troubles with the wifi the whole time I was there. Even though staff was kind and helpful they were unable to fix my issue but they have 6 computers in the lounge that people could use so I was able to stay connected. All in all this has been on of my favorite hostels I have stayed at in my life.

It cas really easy to find the hostel. And the room was excellent comfortable! But the only thing is that is difficult to connect the wifi in the room, never mind you can go to the lobby! I really have a good time in the hostel.

More like a hotel, this is a very nice place to stay and surprisingly cheap. I rented a bicycle for 2 days which made it easier to get around, but most people take the metro to get from here into the city. To be honest, the city is so big, you could find accommodation that might be close to one or two attractions, but I think it would be difficult to get a very central location. I thought value for money was outstanding here.

Wifi does not work here whatsoever, unless you pay. Other than that, facilities are nice!

« first « Prev 1 2 3