Smart Stay Berlin City Reviews

Wilmersdorfer Str. 148, Berlin, Germany

14:00 is check-in time. When I arrived at this time, I was told there would be a 15 minute delay. After 45 minutes, I was still unable to get a key for my room, so I left. The bed was fine, but this minor inconvenience is a bad first impression of the hostel.

• 5th Feb 2016

Clean, chep and quiet.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This was WAY more of a hotel than a hostel. We shared an 8 person private room, got away with about 15 Euro a night, and had an excellent time. The staff was fantastic, and, because they were having some technical difficulties (electricity was sort of on the fritz, which was beyond their control) they took special steps to ensure our stay was still excellent.

there should be lockers and light plugs for each bed. it was uncomfortable to share 01 bathroom for 08 people.

We stayed here only one night, and we choose the hostel due to it being close to the bus stop for the Tegel Airport. For this purpose - it was perfect. Clean, safe, comfortable beds. All that we needed. Can't say much about anything else, because we haven't stayed longer. Would definitely recommend it if you have to get an early flight from Tegel.

Great experience !

• 27th Dec 2015

This place is fine if you need to be close to the bus station, but make sure you get a receipt for everything. The man who checked me in asked for a 5 euro key deposit and then woman I checked out with refused to give it back to me without a receipt, saying there was no record of a deposit. When I gave it to her she was very upset and threw the money at me with a "Here!". I wrote the hotel afterwards to report this incident and never recieved a response. Would not return after this.

It was very modern and luxurious.

Staff was efficient and polite. The room and bathroom was clean, the floor could have been swept again, but other than that, all was in order.

• 13th Nov 2015

The location and staff deserve every award they can get