Smart Stay Berlin City Reviews

Wilmersdorfer Str. 148, Berlin, Germany

The location and staff deserve every award they can get

Cheap hostel. Easy access with U-bahn. Not enough staff, long waiting times checking in and out. Not common bathroom/toilet areas, instead every hotel-like room has its own toilet. Not the most practical experience with 6 people sharing one toilet. No AC. No lockers in room so had to trust roommates. Hostel was clean.

Very big rooms, good beds, good bathroom, it's clean. Wouldnt recommend it to someone travelling alone as it's big and therefore difficult to meet people.

No air con in the bedrooms and situated adjacent to a busy main road - you either leave the windows shut to drown out the noise of the traffic (but slowly melt), or allow a little air in but are forced to wake up at 6am to the traffic. Either way, it results in little or no sleep! It's a shame, because otherwise the hotel is very nice. They just desperately need to invest in air con, which is needed in the summer!

The toilet door is spoilt, shower hose is broken causing water leak during shower. Reflected nicely to the staffs, the fixing was pushed from morning to afternoon to next morning to next afternoon, my stay is only 2 nights, after 2 nights, it is still not fixed. The staff emphasize alot about the hostel being fully booked, hence cannot do this and that. I don't think that is an excuse if you call yourself a high quality hostel provider.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

It was like a hotel. There is no hostel atmosphere but its clean and professional. They keep my backpack after checkout. This was good.

actually it is little far from the city center but this place is clean and staff are kind and nice so I love it

in the 5 days that I stayed here I thought staff were very unhelpful. most of the time it felt like because I didn't speak German, that they couldn't be bothered to make the effort. also there was a lot of school groups staying , and although I expected noise, I didn't expect it to be between 1pm and 2pm in the morning every night. there were a few books, but all in German. Bar was never open....... judy Watt NEW ZEALAND

Very modern hotel like place with modern bathroom and good shower. Breakfast was good, staff were helpful and is in a good part of town a we way out from the main city centre but offers heaps of shopping, food etc. bikes are available to hire for venturing out on your own into the city centre which we found good.

It was a lot nicer than I was expecting for the price we paid. The bathrooms in the lobby were kind of dirty, but our room was very nice, very clean.

• 26th Jun 2015

Very nice clean and cool. Looks like a nice hotel. But paired me up with 2 psychos in a mixed room which hadhad us scared all night. They were old. We were all up to 30. They about 40 and more. Too chatty. Talking about god and stuff ended up stealing us everything. The owner called the police, 8 policemen came to check us. But they staied at the hotel!!! I was scared they would kill me for calling for help.

Clean and very very nice place esp for a hostel, highly recommended :)

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Not the area of town I was looking to stay in, but a very nice place. More of a hotel than a hostel.

The bed sheet were really stinky And there were no hand soap in the bathroom Eventhough it looks like that they already refill it complimentary And the stool my charger

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

Really nice, hotel-like place, but no lockers and quite expensive on the weekend.

Great stuff and nice atmosphere. I would stay smart again when I return to Berlin.

Very nice and clean place. More like a hotel than a hostel. If you are looking for a vibrant atmoshere, look somewhere else. Didn't get a very good sleep there, one guy in the dorm had smelly feet and another snored like a grizzly the whole night. I don't blame the hostel for that, of course :) But on top of that, the beds were very short and soft, terrible for sleeping.

booked a single room and got a double room. very quite and comfortable rooms with free wifi. close to subway station. good atmosphere. enjoyed staying there!

Good vaule of money. I stayed in a 4 bed room. It was very clean and quiet. A perfect choice if you want a peaceful night.

Clean room and comfortable No lockers No kitchen More hotel than hostel Bit far from mitte but close to metro which is in renovation so it was kinda hassle