Smart Stay Berlin City Reviews

Wilmersdorfer Str. 148, Berlin, Germany

Really nice and comfy hotel with great facilities

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The rooms clean and beds comfortable. But if you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor expect your room to be hot and stuffy. The beds aren't assigned and people in my room decided to switch beds and took the remaining bed that was meant for me. Very rude but not the staffs fault. Although I think they should assign beds to keep that from happening. Limited outlets as well and my bed didn't have a lamp like all the others. No lockers to store valuables. Staff could smile more and offer better asistance.

The rooms were so clean and tidy. They were ideal for the price we paid. However they needed a safe in them, or a locker for each bunk bed, as I felt like we had to take our valuables out with us everyday. You were able to leave them at the desk, but this is next to the door and that didn't feel super safe. The Dining space was beautiful and clean. Altogether we had an amazing stay at the Hostel.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Probably one of the nicest places I've stayed at. It was more like a nice hotel if anything.

• 4th Aug 2014

Everything was perfect, almost a hotel feel. It very well localized 2 min walting to bismarkerstrasse u-abhn station. I only complain about wireless connection that is pain to work.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, but TERRIBLE slow and rude staff

The hostel isn't bad, but we didn't have a "warm welcome". The staff is ok, though, just not too friendly with the guests. Beware of the scumbags in the reception at evening; we had the precise feeling that a couple of people there weren't guests - they were robbers Not sure I would come back

• 28th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Some headphones and a phone charger of mine went missing here, also the staff tried to keep my key deposit saying that it had already been refunded, but i managed to get that back in the end. Wifi here is also very patchy. But it is a nice hotel (not really a hostel) in a nice area.

internet had some problems, rooms are hotel like with own bathroom which is nice, rooms get cleaned every day would stay again

The location is great and the staff is friendly. Really this hostel is ridiculously nice for the price you have to pay for it. The only downside I had is that I had troubles with the wifi the whole time I was there. Even though staff was kind and helpful they were unable to fix my issue but they have 6 computers in the lounge that people could use so I was able to stay connected. All in all this has been on of my favorite hostels I have stayed at in my life.

It cas really easy to find the hostel. And the room was excellent comfortable! But the only thing is that is difficult to connect the wifi in the room, never mind you can go to the lobby! I really have a good time in the hostel.

More like a hotel, this is a very nice place to stay and surprisingly cheap. I rented a bicycle for 2 days which made it easier to get around, but most people take the metro to get from here into the city. To be honest, the city is so big, you could find accommodation that might be close to one or two attractions, but I think it would be difficult to get a very central location. I thought value for money was outstanding here.

Wifi does not work here whatsoever, unless you pay. Other than that, facilities are nice!

Lovely Hotel But it was appalling that there was no air conditioning it was unreal and something that badly needs to addressed in the future.

Wish we had spent all our time here instead of in a hotel.......

Met some really great people in the hostel, but apparently that's not always the case. The blond girl at reception seems mad at the world, but the bartenders are nice! The hostel itself is super swanky, loved it, especially the bathrooms.

Nice and friendly staff in a quieter area but very close to a metro that goes straight to Alexanderplatz so not too bad, only problem was we arrived after being told there was a guest kitchen and it hadn't been built yet which was quite bad but overall experience was positive

• 10th Jul 2014

Besides of the wifi connection is pool as other hostels other is very good, i would definitely recommen to my friends if they visit berlin. The lication is good, the bed sheet is clean.

Incredibly comfortable stay

It is quite far away from main attractions but fairly easy to get to on u Bahn. If you are looking to meet people and for a hostel with a good atmosphere I would not recommend this hostel.