Smart Stay Berlin City Reviews

Wilmersdorfer Str. 148, Berlin, Germany

Would have liked to rate it higher. I am hoping that if a staff person, in this case Anita, are in a bad mood or stressed, that they not put that on a guest. In this case myself. Specifically I was looking at the key for storage to communicate that is the key I would need ( as often there is a language barrier since my German is not perfect) I left the key on the counter and pointed to it. Her she felt the need to go on some lecture about the key. Annoying at least! And never an apology! Typica

Generally a very good hostel. A TV in a dormitary is often nuicance. At our case one room-mate kept it open very late at evening and propably fell asleep. He had the remote controller. I slept badly and was tired next day. I think that even in a 4 bed dormitary should be a lockers.

Anyone could get in the luggage room but they have 24-7 reception; possible to store valuables at reception. Didn't get out much to comment on location. Staff knowledgeable (printed me public transport to destination in city). More of a hotel atmosphere but upbeat mixes played in lobby. Clean decor; water ran a bit from open shower. Never used the flat-screen TV. FOB keys convenient.

I would not go back only because the morning receptionist, Alexandra, was really unpleasant and made the impression of a person who thought guest were just annoying addition to her job. I had a chat about her with other guests - they had the e opinion. The hotel is great for the price, the decor is cool and the night staff was were awesome and super helpful, but this one morning receptionist's approach was just awful and it's a real shame.

A little far from downtown but very easily accessible with the subway. Facilities were relatively clean, well-designed. Staff however was rude and reluctantly helpful. Yes, it was a cheap place, but it doesn't cost anything to be pleasant. Internet was also a disappointment -- only a limited number of people could be connected at the same time and there was barely any accessed in the rooms.

It's definitely a great place to stay at while in Berlin. The building is just a block away from the junction of U2 and U7, and S-Bahn runs just a few streets down, so you can quickly be anywhere you want. It's a bit out of the centre, but there's a whole regiment of the most diversified shops, bakeries, pizzerias and other catering units, so whatever you need, it's unlikely that you have to walk far. The atmosphere is nice and calm, the rooms are well-equipped, and comfy. Strongly recommended.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Smart Stay Berlin City is a great place to stay, convenient store(PENNY), pharmacy and lots food shops nearby. helpful staff,clean environment, and reasonable price of your stay, especially I took euroline at FOB, it is only 2 stations from here. After all, such a great time I had! Recommended!

When the hotel is nice, you definitely want to leave a comment. I really like smart city hotel, clean, staff are professional, polite and helpful, the lobby is big and comfortable to chill, they also offer computers in the lobby to get on internet and a pool table. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, very clean and the housekeeper organize the room every day. It is very good value for money, I highly recommend it!!

The only remark concerns the Internet. I could not log on to the network wi fi.

Great place great location! The room was clean and the bed very comfortable but what I really appreciate was the bathroom in the dorm. Not in every hostel, for such a low price you can have it. If I ever come back to Berlin I definitely stay here.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Really nice and comfy hotel with great facilities

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

The rooms clean and beds comfortable. But if you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor expect your room to be hot and stuffy. The beds aren't assigned and people in my room decided to switch beds and took the remaining bed that was meant for me. Very rude but not the staffs fault. Although I think they should assign beds to keep that from happening. Limited outlets as well and my bed didn't have a lamp like all the others. No lockers to store valuables. Staff could smile more and offer better asistance.

The rooms were so clean and tidy. They were ideal for the price we paid. However they needed a safe in them, or a locker for each bunk bed, as I felt like we had to take our valuables out with us everyday. You were able to leave them at the desk, but this is next to the door and that didn't feel super safe. The Dining space was beautiful and clean. Altogether we had an amazing stay at the Hostel.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Probably one of the nicest places I've stayed at. It was more like a nice hotel if anything.

Everything was perfect, almost a hotel feel. It very well localized 2 min walting to bismarkerstrasse u-abhn station. I only complain about wireless connection that is pain to work.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, but TERRIBLE slow and rude staff

nice stay

The hostel isn't bad, but we didn't have a "warm welcome". The staff is ok, though, just not too friendly with the guests. Beware of the scumbags in the reception at evening; we had the precise feeling that a couple of people there weren't guests - they were robbers Not sure I would come back

• 28th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Some headphones and a phone charger of mine went missing here, also the staff tried to keep my key deposit saying that it had already been refunded, but i managed to get that back in the end. Wifi here is also very patchy. But it is a nice hotel (not really a hostel) in a nice area.

internet had some problems, rooms are hotel like with own bathroom which is nice, rooms get cleaned every day would stay again

« first « Prev 1 2 3