Smart Stay Berlin City Reviews

Wilmersdorfer Str. 148, Berlin, Germany

The location is great and the staff is friendly. Really this hostel is ridiculously nice for the price you have to pay for it. The only downside I had is that I had troubles with the wifi the whole time I was there. Even though staff was kind and helpful they were unable to fix my issue but they have 6 computers in the lounge that people could use so I was able to stay connected. All in all this has been on of my favorite hostels I have stayed at in my life.

It cas really easy to find the hostel. And the room was excellent comfortable! But the only thing is that is difficult to connect the wifi in the room, never mind you can go to the lobby! I really have a good time in the hostel.

Wifi does not work here whatsoever, unless you pay. Other than that, facilities are nice!

Lovely Hotel But it was appalling that there was no air conditioning it was unreal and something that badly needs to addressed in the future.

Met some really great people in the hostel, but apparently that's not always the case. The blond girl at reception seems mad at the world, but the bartenders are nice! The hostel itself is super swanky, loved it, especially the bathrooms.

Nice and friendly staff in a quieter area but very close to a metro that goes straight to Alexanderplatz so not too bad, only problem was we arrived after being told there was a guest kitchen and it hadn't been built yet which was quite bad but overall experience was positive

• 10th Jul 2014

Besides of the wifi connection is pool as other hostels other is very good, i would definitely recommen to my friends if they visit berlin. The lication is good, the bed sheet is clean.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • China

Incredibly comfortable stay

It is quite far away from main attractions but fairly easy to get to on u Bahn. If you are looking to meet people and for a hostel with a good atmosphere I would not recommend this hostel.

No lockers in rooms, but otherwise everything was great.

Very nice place to stay in

This is actually a hotel with a couple dorm rooms. It's quiet nice, but we did have an old man in our dorms who walked around naked, snored VERY loudly that no one slept the 3-nights I was there, and looked like he lived there. Otherwise, it was a good bang for your buck :)

Very new and clean hostel, but felt more like a community hotel than hostel in atmosphere. Not totally comfortable with the idea that anyone who asks for the key has access to the luggage room. Would be better to only let staff handle it.

30 minute train ride from the main part of the city but close to train station. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. More like a hostel room in a hotel than a hostel atmosphere.

Located on U-bahn line that easily connects to city center. Modern rooms with great beds!

Nice place, calm and quiet, close to subway. Hot drink water (tea) could be made available for free. I strongly recommend!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Poland

I'd definately stay there again. Excellent value for money, nice beds in a big room, not too far from u-bahn and very cheap. Recommended!

Didn't feel very "welcomed" but rooms were very nice, clean, spacious. Wifi was fine and had all you need. I would recommend.

A nice hostel overall. good price compared to other hostels in Germany, but not lacking any necessary components. You pay for towels (1 euro per towel). But, even with that, it was still cheaper than other hotels. No lockers, which detracted from security. You can lock your things in a room during the day, but anyone else who wants to lock their things in that room also has access to the room, as well as your things. I think it would be better if only the staff had access to the room.

Only negative side of this place is that it is a bit far from city centre , the other things are awesome especially the breakfast is amazing (5.9€) highly recommended