Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

The hostel was really clean and the staff were always helpful. The atmosphere is a bit lacking. It's close to the underground so it's easy to get around

Room 501 had damp issues. Mould growing on walls, wetness dripping from ceiling, bathroom flooding from shower. Only one of the staff on reception had good customer service. Wifi is incredibly slow and always drops out. Kitchen is small. No where for communal dining.

very surprised that the hostel is super clean and in one of the best location...simply awesome

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Very nice hostel and great location! The only "negative" comment would be there were no outlets in the room to charge phones or any other electronic devices.

Location is not so good. You need to walk for 15-20mins from HBF. If you use subway, you can get off at Goethe Platz but, it's not a center of the city.

The room was clean and good but just the drainage of shower room was so bad,water didn't go throw. It means the cleaning was not perfect.. Other was good

I booked an 8-person dormitory with my mom, brother and boyfriend. The beds were really nice and the room was clean and great, except for a couple of problems. There were not enough plugs in the room compared to the amount of people who were there so we all had to "fight" for the best spots in order to charge our cameras, phones and so on. Also, the flush from our toilet in the room was not working and the hole in the shower area was backed-up.

kitchen needs a good scrub up.

The hostel is perfectly decent if your main plan is to spend time in the city - it's clean and relatively well located. However, not much is going on in the hostel itself and the staff is very asocial.

The location is good, 15min walk from Munich Hbf. The staffs are nice and the facilities are ok.

While it appeared clean on the surface the room most definitely had bed bugs. we woke up with tons of bites that meet the symptoms. moreover I actually found a bed bug on the bed and killed it and it was full of blood. There is no mistake that they were from your hostel as we had none of the symptoms prior to arriving in Munich.

• 29th Dec 2014

It's a really big hostel but has a nice atmosphere on the first floor. Still seemed like a hard place to meet other people but can't complain about much else. It's expensive compared to other nicer hosts I've stayed in but you have to remember it's in Munich and the location is great for the price.

• 27th Dec 2014

Overall good hostel, was a little sad to see there was in fact no common room as I had read before booking, but small lobby and bar. The rooms were pretty spacious as I had read in reviews. And the wifi is pretty annoying to deal with, better off using internet out in the city. Other than that the location worked out ok, close to downtown. The breakfast is decent.

• 27th Dec 2014

I am actually very upset, I paid in the hostel with cash and they also charged me the 14 € to my creditcard, what can I do?

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

We arrived at smart stay hostel and checked in. We walked upstairs to our surprise all the beds were taken except for one which wasn't even made. There was 2 of us. So we had to go downstairs and talk to the ladies and they didn't believe us. They came upstairs and realised that we were right. No one cleaned the room. Lovely... Just what you want. They changed us to a new room which was empty. The staff there were very unpleasant, unfriendly... But the location was great. The bed was comfy...

Great hostel and good staff!

• 25th Dec 2014

The hostel is about 30 minutes walking to the city center, but there is a subway station nearby! The rooms are very good, they are spacious with big bunk beds.

Smart Stay Hostel Munich City is good. We were in a 6 bed female dorm and it was nice. The facilities are not the best, but it's OK: the kitchen is too small and you have to go to the reception to get the kitchen tools, that's not very practical. The wifi worked better at the reception, in the room sometimes it failed. It's not too near the train station, you can walk or take a bus (it's fast!). To the city's centre, it's about 20 min walking. It's SUPER near the Oktoberfest, have fun!

I booked a private room for 3 nights and as soon as I saw it I freaked out. It was as far as depressing as dirty! Horrible, I can't believe how they even sell this kind of rooms. Luckily the people of Wombats managed to get me a place (under that circunstances). I told the lady in the reception that I was leaving the following day. She excused saying: "sorry, but this is a hostel, not a hotel". There are no excuses for being dirty and rude, right? Don't go to that hostel, that's my advice.

The place was great, clean and pretty new. Only problem it was a 15-20 minute walk from the center and main train station. I didnt mind at all but that meant I didn't spend much time at all in the hostel at their bar or trying to meet people. Good place to stay though, would reccomend. Also the kitchen wasn't the greatest

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5