Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Great! Really nice staff

• 4th Feb 2016

Overall my experience at the hostel went very well! The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned. The location was not too far from the main square. Also I like how there was a bar inside the hostel (where there is happy hour).

• 28th Jan 2016

many pluses, lots of space in dorms, but a bit clinical in atmosphere

We stayed in a double room and it was ok: beds comfortable, bathroom cleaned. Although they used to come every morning to tidy the room, I noticed that they didn't cleaned it, which can be bad when you are staying lots of days. the localization is ok: 10min to the station and around 20min to marientplatz walking.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Very convenient location, and private rooms are very large. However, lots of the facilities were broken for at least part of our stay (laundry, elevator, wifi was not great) and the water was only hot for one out of 3 days. Also very noisy.

• 20th Jan 2016

Can't complain was a very enjoyable stay here

• 10th Jan 2016

Breakfast was horrific. Wifi was also horrific- every time your phone screen went dark you had to re-login. The password changed all the time and there was no auto-login option. When I arrived late at night the room I was supposed to be in was full except for one bed that had been slept in already. I came back down to tell the guy at reception and he implied that I should sleep in the bed that had already been slept in. Finally I got a new room for the night but not without some hassle.

The atmosphere is not like a hostel, interaction among people none existence. There are many Asian travellers due to various reasons they do not / cannot communicate with others. Beware WI-FI is poor - you will need to keep logging in... I call this a sleeping warehouse...

The staff was so kind and helpful- lifesavers at some moments as well. The only negative I have is that the wifi only worked really well in the lobby. Other than that, everything was perfect and I would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Dec 2015

Good location, although not the closest to the station.

The kitchen is too small with no enough space for 4 people to eat at the same time, and no enough kitchen utencils, the staff in the reception is very good but the people that cleans the rooms (one old man that doesn't speak english or german) is very rude, not educated at all, i was in the bathroom and he was banging the door and screaming something, then wen i came out he was still sreaming something, i told this to the staff and they apologized but thay said they are always like that.

Worst wifi and Internet I've ever experienced.it shuts off randomly and you have to login with a name and password every time your phone screen turns off. Dorm of mixed 6 had 2 sets of outlets on one side of the room. Not a horrible location, staff was neutral. Also the washing machines had stagnant water in them

A huge hostel with a somewhat anonymous atmosphere of a huge hostel. However it was clean, felt safe and I did not have any problems with my one night stay.

In the past 4 months, we have stayed in 5 hostels in Milan, Prague, Vienna, Barcelona, and Munich, and this one has been by far the most expensive and the worst one. We were a party of 3 but we booked a 4-bed room because we wanted it privately. The ensuite bath smelled like a rotten egg and when we complained, the receptionist said that she couldnt help because that was the last 4-bed room available. She only offered us a 6-bed room after we told her that we would give them a terrible review.

Fantastic hostel, facilities are brilliant and there is a nice atmosphere around the place. The staff are extremely helpful! Mara was very kind enough to send me items so smart stay are very trustworthy!

The wifi was frustrating and the kitchen was extremely dirty - there were dirty pots and pans there when I got there that were still dirty a week later when I left. I feel like that was more the guests though but maybe a cleaner once a week would help. The rooms were spacious though and there was good atmosphere. It was the cheapest place I could find so considering I was on a very tight budget I don't regret my choice.

Great hostel, can be a bit pricey, but still worth it if you can spare the extra few euros. Nice, clean, large rooms and the staff were super helpful.

Rooms were clean, was there for two nights, happily go back.

• 27th Nov 2015

Wi-Fi system is not user friendly... there are paper tickets that expires every 24h, and have to reintroduce password every 30 mins....

Nice and clean place. Felt safe in there. About 20 mins walk to the city center or you can always take the metro. Overall felt happy staying there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4