Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Some bathroom facilities are broken

Decent hostel, but it has a few faults. The kitchen is incredibly small, the rooms don't have enough outlets, and the location isn't great.

Very clean and spacious rooms. Close to u bahn.

Check in was at 2pm when my friend and I arrived the staff was behind the counter but they had a sign up that said "shift change please allow 10mins" we were ok with ten min. However ten mins came and passed. After the 30min mark my friend approached the desk to inquire about a water. She quickly replied that she needed 5 more min and that he needed to be patient. Ok The bad part was that the dorm beds were dirty and not made it took them all day to fix this. Gross..

Because of my flight date change. I didn't stay in this Hotel , But they charge me FULL amount !!! poor ! poor ! cancellation policy.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Ethiopia

Clean and fresh, big rooms, adequate space for all your things. Free wifi and helpful staff. And footie on at the bar!!

Wifi is very good speed wise but the 24h log ins are a pain. Small Kitchen - stuff gets stolen from the fridge regularly (mine was nicked within hours) but putting things in a bag helped. Kitchen plates cutlery have to be borrowed from reception (2 floors away). No area info from staff. There is a waiting like area and a bar. Like a hotel. Not so good for meeting people except the kitchen which has space for 4 ppl. Clogged drain fixed when reported. Good place to bum around on the wifi and sleep

The room (206) was clean but we had bed bugs, which was very annoying! I would not recommend the Hostel even though the location was ok and the room was clean.

The shower was a mess,the drain wasn't working and in one minute the shower was a swimming pool. The wifi was poor and it didn't work at the room. I didn't like the hostel and I'd not recommend to anybody.

Great hotel and staff besides not having hot water for two days. They said it was fixed my second day but it was still ice cold. Makes showering feel like torture. Breakfast was really poor, I'd rather eat at a convenience store.

• 25th Oct 2014

At first I was reluctant but the hostel is great. I felt comfortable and secure. Close enough walk to the center and very helpful staff. The bar and atmosphere was great most of the time I was there. I would stay here again and recommend to friends.

Solo traveller, stayed in a mixed dorm. good location, right next to a cinema and walking distance to shops, restaurants and arcades. good stay. close by to a metro which is like 4 stops to all touristy attractions. good average hostel. has a kitchen but did not use it. wi-fi works in rooms and in common room.

I stayed in a 6bed dorm, bathroom in the room cleaned everyday, lockers were under the bed. The wifi connection was a little bit slow, expecially when everybody was connected. The metro station was just around the corner, and the area was full of pubs and restaurants, 15 min walking from the city centre.

Linen is not very clean, I was bit by flea or bug. Large lounge, large and lively bar, very small kitchen which is not that clean. Some of the staff was a little bit cold and without smile.

Not my best experience, staff was not very friendly and the bathroom is not cleaned every day, apart from that was all right.

The bed bugs reported previously is real!! I was in munich during the weekend and was having limited choice due to I book it last min. The next morning I woke up with rash everywhere !!! I saw the previous review but was thinking it should be too bad if it's just for one night. DO NOT GO THERE!!

A functional hostel with helpful staff. Limited chill out space by the reception / exit and could not find any self catering facilities. The location is good being next to two nice restaurants and two underground stops from main city centre. Wooden bunk beds where comfortable in a functional room with an ensuite included. A good cheap base to explore the city if planning to eat out most of the time.

What I saw here was UNACCEPTABLE. My first few nights in a dorm were fine. On the last night, I moved to another dorm (both were 8-bed) due to a technicality of my reservation. No problem. But at 4 a.m. a band of drunk, loud Brits returned and raised hell for the next hour, despite my complaints. And they openly insulted me. By 5 a.m., all the staff could do was give me a bed in another room. No more sleep to be had. I received NO COMPENSATION. I urge you: Stay SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Generally ok