Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

all in all we had a very nice stay. the staff were lovely and there's an Ubahn next to the hostel which was great. few problems tho: the sheets are not changed (not even before our arrival), there is no security (there a locked luggage room outside), and absolutely (and unfortunately) NO atmosphere. preety dead all day long. if you are there, talk to Rodrigo, Joel, and Danni. very nice people from the staff!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I'm glad that I chose this hostel. The staff was very helpfull, clean and nice room.... It is obvious that this hostel is professionally managed.... Location is great, 3 minutes walking to goethe station. I also like the surroundings, some restaurants and bars, but not so noisy nor crowded. Definitely will choose this hostel again next time😉

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Would have liked to have at least some soap to wash my hands otherwise good value for money. Nice and helpful staff, clean rooms. Location also very convenient.

• 1st Apr 2014

A decent hostel in an okay location

Was nice and clean, but cold water..

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

we had no hot water for our entire time at the hostel and the staff didn't seem to care about it. Cleaners were quite rude, if we were still in the room and they wanted to clean. One cleaner tried to go to the bathroom when we said there was someone inside!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Wales

I only stayed one night, but weirdly you have to put a deposit to borrow some cooking gear, which is mighty inconvenient if you just want a cup of tea!

Nice hostel, great location: 20 minutes walk to the city center, helpfull staff with tips for restaurants, party etc. , unfortunately the shower wasn't hot enough

• 1st Mar 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and I believe that not once did anybody come and clean the room and the bathroom. The bathroom was especially disgusting. Pools of dried urine on the floor.

The hostel was quiet nice, well located, staff really helpful, but could be better cleaned.

Smells as soon as I walked into my room, charges extra for wifi that wasn't even that reliable. Not happy with value for money.

Not a bad spot but not great. No electrical outlets on the beds and not enough plugs in the room for all the people, showers are cold and not the cleanest, bathrooms didn't seem to be cleaned at all during my stay. Bar and staff were decent but I wouldn't be dying to go back here.

Actually this is a good hostel, because of the price and location wich is 20 min walking or paying 1.60€ in metro to marienplantz (city centre) but you'll have to pay the wifi and theres no hostel atmosphere, the luggage room is outside and its insecure, i booked because there was no other option, if you have an option dont stay here, there better places outside, but if you're forced to stay here because there's no other option, then do it. The staff doesnt really care about the guest's i hate m

Everything was good to stay there, but wifi was not free, so I had to pay. But in my room it was not good, so I went to the corridor to use internet...

Nice dorm room, with all bedding and sheets required. Not enough powerpoints! Top bunks very uncomfortable as the roof was at a strange angle causing you to bump your head alot... Great atmosphere though, with a nice bar and facilities :) Only stayed for one night and would probably stay again.

I booked a four bed room and stayed with family for one night. the bathroom was very new and clean and had a shower curtain and the door locked. the room was very large with several lockers and a bunk bed and two twin beds. it was quiet and i had no problems sleeping. there was a luggage room outside of the building which was unattended and locked by a key kept at the front desk. would recommend.

• 9th Jan 2014

Right where do I begin? The greetings were fine and the hostel is relatively cheap compared to other places; however, on the second day we found that we were roomed with a complete psycho. The room was full of girls and one old man who walked around the room naked most of the time. He definitely made us feel uncomfortable and when we told the staff, they seemed concerned but didn't really do much about it. Oh and my friend got a concussion and they did absolutely NOTHING. DONT GO THERE!

Thanks for the man from foredesk in this hostel let us know that not every German is kind and warmhearted, and thanks for the cold water in the bathroom that makes everyone of us feel sick. There are some difference between our culture, but I think if you do not respect others, and you will never receive the respect from others. This is the worst hostel we lived ever

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • China

Lovely clean facility, with big and comfortable beds and a bar downstairs to hang out in. I found the hostel was very noisy, maybe due to the big, echo-ey halls, because even two people having a normal conversation in the hall was quite loud. The kitchen area is also not very inviting, with only a small room for cooking and eating and a funny smell. All in all, I would stay there again, mostly due to the comfy beds :D

Lovely place! Great location and extremely helpful staff! Breakfast not included but the bedrooms were very clean and warm!

« first « Prev 1 2 3