Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

The female dorm was average. The lights in the room were either out or poorly lit. In addition, there is a curfew at 10, but on all three of the nights we were there, people were coming into the room well past midnight. Also, there were other people who stayed in the room (ie males) when I had purchased an all female room. I was not super impressed with the dorm situation. Getting a mixed dorm room would have been just the same if I had wanted one. Overall, the staff was nice and helpful.

• 24th Jun 2015

The hostel was fine, but felt more like a hotel. The bar was nice and had great beer prices. It had so many people the staff could not take extra time for travelers like smaller hostels can. Also, Wifi was poor everywhere except at McDonald's on the corner.

A good hostel walkable distance from city centre with good facilities. The rooms were big and clean along with the bathroom, wish there were more powerpoints though. Staff weren't the usual hostel-friendly but helpful.

very dark and strange atmosphere. dirty, poor wifi. location is good but i do not recommend anyone to stay

I was staying at this hostel for one night and it easy terrible. My backpack got stolen in the "luggage room" which apparently has no security and the staff just said "this hasn't happened before" which doesn't help that I lost photos and memories stored in my diary and laptop stolen plus cost a lot to replace the small items which made this hostel more expensive to stay at than a 5 star hotel. Wouldn't recommend at all.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Very mediocre. It's kind of like a college dorm or hotel, not a hostel.

Really great vibe thanks to their happy hour! however I was unimpressed with their wifi (even n the lobby it was spotty at best) and their staff was nothing special. However it was really well located and you can always count on the McDonald's next door for wifi if you have to book something or contact someone.

Pretty good hostel. Overallgood except wifi. I should login every time when I use it.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Great location - a bit far from the train station but definitely a better area / safer to walk around at night. Hostel itself is clean and comfy, with a nice bar downstairs.

The Minus: The cleaning staff does an awful job, our bathroom (for 8 people) was a mess for at least 3 days (already since I've arrived), dirty towels on the floor, dirty plastic bags, and the cleaning staff simply didn't clean that. Also there was rotten food on the beddroom from previous guests and they simply let that lying around for a full week. I complained twice but all they did was remove the dirty towels. 0 organised activities for guests. WiFi is bad. The Plus: The bar and the bedrooms

It was the best stay i had!! Really recommend to any other travellers.

This hostel had the most unwelcoming staff, especially when compared to other hostels. The staff member I dealt with almost came off as rude. He was not very helpful. The other staff members weren't that great either. It felt like they didn't want to work there. The hostel facilities were decent, nothing really stood out. Hostel definitely need to conduct social activities. There is no sense of community there.

Everything is fine except wifi.

Good location right next to metro or short walk to central station/town centre. Big room with nice bathroom and lockers. Staff not very welcoming but perhaps would be if asked more.

Advertised a a backpacker hostel but not ideal for backpackers. Breakfast is expensive and the kitchen is tiny (only fits 3 people). You have to hire everything if you want to use the kitchen which is inconvenient. This hostel is fine if you only want a bed

We enjoyed our stay with you. The wifi was pretty horrible, though. Very unreliable, reliable internet is so important to travellers so this must improve. I also didn't know there was a kitchen at the hostel until I stumbled upon it, which I would've loved to use during my stay.

• 6th Jun 2015

This place really has the vibe of a hotel. Good bar with cheap beer. Common area at reception is the only place you will get wifi, not a big deal. Well located. Overall it's average, not very social as it is so large and feels like a hotel that just added bunk beds to the rooms instead.

Really good hostel!!! So many activities, good enviroment, nice people!

I loved the locker space and stability of the bunk beds. The pillows were also very comfortable. I just wish the wifi worked well in the rooms. I did appreciate the common area though where the wifi did work.

Perhaps run some social events, and some more info on things to do would be good, Internet was annoying, otherwise, comfortable place to stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5