Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

The staff were wonderful and very helpful however I was in a room at the end of the hall and there was no wifi in my room which kind of sucked. The location was okay, it was a bit of a walk to the city center but it was located between two different subway stations

The Staff was friendly and the location central with good access to public transport. BUT: The internet connection / Wifi at the hostel is extremely slow, that its pretty much useless and the "connection keeps timing out". The Bathroom Floor in my 8 Dorm was sticky, the flush of the Toilet did not work properly and there were not many power plugs to charge my phone. You had to purchase locks at the counter for 2€, if you want to lock your luggage. Sadly they were all gone when i needed one.

• 19th May 2015

It was a good hostel. It was clean and the staff was friendly. They have a nice bar area an free wifi. The location is a little furthere from the old city center, it takes at least 25 minutes to walk there. My only other complaint is that the cleaning crew came in my room while I was still there and changed the sheets of my bed before I had checked out--I still had an hour until checkout time. Other than that it was a comfortable stay.

The wifi could work better. It's not good because you have to put the password every time. Bad thing! And it worked ok in my room on the 1st floor. Hairdryer in the bathroom was a good thing.

I've had better, I've had worse. Decent last minute booking. I'd stay again if I had to.

It was much cleaner than I anticipated and was prepared for the poor internet connection. But the staff were really friendly and the hostel was next to good restaurants and the city.

• 15th May 2015
  • Finland

The buffet breakfast is quite highly priced for what's on offer but the hostel itself is well located, clean and comfortable. Good for a no-frills stay!

I loved this hostel! The beds were super comfy. The rooms were very spacious. The shower was very nice and clean. The wifi worked great!

• 12th May 2015

I hope the wifi is faster and the breakfast menu is more diverse.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

I would go again!!! it was the best hostel that I stayed for a really good price. really nice that are hostels like this where you fell really glad.

• 10th May 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel was quite expensive for a basic dormitory bed the night I stayed. The breakfast was okay but a little expensive considering how limited in variety and cheap the products are. It is a large hostel and lacks charm and personality. The rooms and building were clean and the staff at the front desk friendly and helpful.

The wifi really sucks! The signal is poor in many areas (including inside the dorms) and you have to login with a provided account and password every time because it logs you off after 3-5 mins of inactivation...

The smell from the washrooms is unbearable, wifi is poor and there is a lack of activities. Fixtures in the rooms look run down and the luggage storage was a mess.

You have to go downstairs to reception and leave a deposit to use any kitchen utensils which I've never seen before, and which I found absolutely ridiculous. Also the stove top in the kitchen doesn't work at all, you'll be waiting about 3 hours (not an exaggeration) for water to boil. Stayed in 2 different rooms - showers were totally different, 1 1good 1 terrible. Easy walk to HBF though.

All staff were avail to help and kind. Thank you so much! ;)

• 20th Apr 2015

This hostel did not have a good atmosphere as a business seemed to have booked the hotel and the workers all claimed the common areas as work spaces. The community vibe was therefore difficult to navigate. It was not easy to make friends with such a business-oriented atmosphere. Otherwise the hostel was of decent quality. I enjoyed that each dorm room had its own bathroom to share.

Great hostel. We stated in a dorm room and were very pleased. Definitely recommend this place!

Good location, well connected, closest u-bahn stop is at few meters from the hostel in Goetheplatz and so is the bus 58 stop (few minutes and you're in Hauptbahnhof!). My room was newly and nicely decorated, very nude tones and basic forniture (common shelves, hangers, one table and poufs). Each bed had its own drawer below that (you can lock it with a padlock).

• 8th Apr 2015

Located about a 20-25 minute walk from the old city center, Smart Stay was a nice hostel with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. There was only one bathroom for 8 people, so it was often inconvenient. The internet was spotty and outlets were hard to find. The breakfast was good and included a lot.

Was not the best place to stay, especially the wifi hardly worked at all in the evening.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5