Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

The shower was a mess,the drain wasn't working and in one minute the shower was a swimming pool. The wifi was poor and it didn't work at the room. I didn't like the hostel and I'd not recommend to anybody.

Great hotel and staff besides not having hot water for two days. They said it was fixed my second day but it was still ice cold. Makes showering feel like torture. Breakfast was really poor, I'd rather eat at a convenience store.

• 25th Oct 2014

At first I was reluctant but the hostel is great. I felt comfortable and secure. Close enough walk to the center and very helpful staff. The bar and atmosphere was great most of the time I was there. I would stay here again and recommend to friends.

I stayed in a 6bed dorm, bathroom in the room cleaned everyday, lockers were under the bed. The wifi connection was a little bit slow, expecially when everybody was connected. The metro station was just around the corner, and the area was full of pubs and restaurants, 15 min walking from the city centre.

Linen is not very clean, I was bit by flea or bug. Large lounge, large and lively bar, very small kitchen which is not that clean. Some of the staff was a little bit cold and without smile.

Not my best experience, staff was not very friendly and the bathroom is not cleaned every day, apart from that was all right.

The bed bugs reported previously is real!! I was in munich during the weekend and was having limited choice due to I book it last min. The next morning I woke up with rash everywhere !!! I saw the previous review but was thinking it should be too bad if it's just for one night. DO NOT GO THERE!!

A functional hostel with helpful staff. Limited chill out space by the reception / exit and could not find any self catering facilities. The location is good being next to two nice restaurants and two underground stops from main city centre. Wooden bunk beds where comfortable in a functional room with an ensuite included. A good cheap base to explore the city if planning to eat out most of the time.

What I saw here was UNACCEPTABLE. My first few nights in a dorm were fine. On the last night, I moved to another dorm (both were 8-bed) due to a technicality of my reservation. No problem. But at 4 a.m. a band of drunk, loud Brits returned and raised hell for the next hour, despite my complaints. And they openly insulted me. By 5 a.m., all the staff could do was give me a bed in another room. No more sleep to be had. I received NO COMPENSATION. I urge you: Stay SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Generally ok

Excellent!

Hostel was good. Very spacious room with bathroom and closet. Seem to have gotten flea bites from staying in the bed, assuming it is from the bedding. Was very expensive due to Oktoberfest

Value for many I rate poor just because I overpaid a lot because of Oktoberfest.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Latvia

The hostel is really nice, with an amazing bar in the entrance and safe dorms. Its right beside Oktoberfest area and 100m from subway station! Perfect!

Upon arriving I was greeted at the front desk by two girls who were very RUDE and completely unhelpful. I was appalled at the lack of customer service and complete lack of respect for those checking in. I would not recommend staying here as the staff was awful and the atmosphere to match. People staying there were hateful and commented racial slurs to my friend I was traveling with. Even though I paid, I did not stay there because I was so disgusted by the place. DO NOT COME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

I was staying on the fifth floor for one night. There were no lockers or places to lock up valuables so I had to leave my bag downstairs behind the counter. Other than that it was overall a good place to stay. Great location if you are going to the Oktoberfest grounds!

Clean and large room. And kind staff. But the price was so high because i went during oktoberfest.

Great place to stay, rooms were large with good access to power points. Really close to Oktoberfest and the train/bus stations. Easy to get around.

Excellent location for oktoberfest, not a bad walk to the city center. Staff was friendly and helpful. There are barely any outlets in the room and the WiFi mainly only works in the main lobby. Overall a pretty average hostel.

The drains in the bathrooms really need some work and it would be nice if the bathrooms were cleaned everyday. Also if you are looking for a quieter hostel this is not one of them. Other than that the beds were very cozy and the staff are excellent and very knowledgable. They speak perfect english and not only know the answers to all of your questions off the top of their head but give helpful suggestions. Finally if you are going to Oktoberfest this hostel is in an great location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7