Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Had a very short stay just for the night so I can only say that the location is good - a walkable distance from the main train station, and that the bunk beds in the 6 female dorm are super comfi. I particularly liked the fact that the upper bed is well framed preventing things from falling down on your neighbour, which is not the case in many other hostels. The Wi-Fi was working fine in the room. One improvement suggestion would be night lights for each bed!

Good location, close to a u-bahn station and walking distance to marienplatz and all the shopping! It was a good stay, even though the rooms could have been cleaned a little better!

Close to a Metro station and 2 stops or a 15 minute walk to the centre. In an 8 bed dorm which was lacking in facilities when full. 1 double and 2 single electrical points and 1 combined toilet and shower. Awkward when the dorm was full which is was for my entire 6 night stay. Card key was intermittent for opening. A good bar area to relax with TV but batman was more customer side that the other. A large breakfast room but no variety. Too small a kitchen both to eat and cook in. Not ideal.

Overall this hostel was great! My only complaints would be the wifi was a little spotty, and the bathrooms weren't super clean. Also, it would be nice to have some kind of soap in the bathrooms, and maybe shampoo? Just some suggestions. But it was good. Thank you!

It really was a smart stay! Brilliant!! Thanks for the great time!

The reception staff needs to pay more attention to the guests and be a little politer

I liked the stay overall. Some positive points: I found it great that the bunk beds did not move back and forth and make noises. This made it easier to sleep. I also found it nice to have a spacious room, and well working wifi and central heating. A negative point: I was in a female dorm, and one morning a male member of staff just came in without even knocking. I think several potential guests would think twice before booking in this hostel if they knew this could happen.

Wifi did not work in rooms, free breakfast not included in all rooms, shower head doesn't reach you unless you're 6ft, only had one power outlet in a room of 6, cleaner burst into room at 9am to ask who was supposed to be checking out- even though check out is not until 10am. 3 x 2m communal kitchen is a joke for the amount of people staying here. Homeless guy rummaging through bins right next to luggage room in the creepy alleyway. This place obviously does not care about return business.

Clean, well organized, and definitely a good value for money. I was only here for a night, so it was nice that Smart Stay was very close to an U-Bahn station, as this maximized the amount of things I could see in my short stopover. Also a short walk from Hauptbahnhof. The neighborhood also has a variety of good food options. The WiFi/wlan was very good and complimentary. You may need to be prepared to take the stairs with your luggage, as the elevator is very small and there was always a wait.

Atmosphere is non-existent and staff are indifferent at best. For a hostel outside of the city centre (though not a far walk), these are important features. Wifi requires you to take a slip of paper each day with a new login/password. If the staff are changing shifts you're out of luck until they feel like printing more, and the hostel computers are not free to use. I've stayed in worse places but this one was pretty disappointing. Go to Munich, but stay elsewhere.

Location good. I like the stay overall.

When I arrived to my room, my bed was not made and I had to go downstairs to tell the receptionist. The receptionist gave me bed sheets nad told me that I could either make my bed or his collegue would come and make it within 2 hours. I left the bed sheets on the table in the room with a note hoping that my bed will be made by the time I came back from dinner. Approx. 3 hours later, I came back and my bed was not made.

We were really disappointed with this hostel. No cosiness, no warmth, absolutely soulless. Service was really bad, the staff was unsympathetic at best, almost rude. There was only one kitchen for the entire building, it was dirty and poorly equipped (you had to give them your ID to borrow cutlery! and there was no sign whatsoever indicating how to go about getting equipment). Also the wifi was terrible, it worked for less than 3 min straight. We wish we had booked another hostel.

• 19th Oct 2015

Beds and room are good. They have bar downstairs and lounge where you can hangout. No free coffee/tea Which I think is not great. Loved the happy hours and the beers. Shower curtain was brown maybe cause I was there after Octoberfest but still.

Very nice Hostel. It's clean, active and inexpensive. One thing about the room layout that was a little off, was that the long desk is away from outlets. I had work to do, but there was no where to plug my laptop in, and my work requires a desk. My work is also confidential, so the social area is not a good idea. The desk should be swapped over to where the outlets are, near the window. Also, should note parking is hard to find. Overall that was my only issue everything else was great!

• 14th Oct 2015

Really strange vibe. Not really anywhere to hang out except the bar which is a bit of an awkward set up and not a very social area. Wifi doesn't work in rooms. Really hard to meet people as a solo traveller. There were apparently 350 people staying in this hostel, but I think I saw 20 people the entire time I was there. It's massive and felt more like a hotel. Breakfast was an additional 6 euros and didn't look great. Location was pretty good though. Would not recommend.

Wasn't too happy with my stay in Munich. Staff were very rude the first night I stayed. I had walked 20 minutes in the rain from the station to be rudely checked in by a man who acted like he couldn't care less. Then was told there was no wifi and told there was nothing they could do about it - as if we don't need the internet on a round the world trip etc... Anyway the hostel beds were good and the facilities were also very good. Staff was a let down however, fix the attitude.

Honestly this place has a lot of potential. I was excited to stay here initially because it seemed like a good value and clean. I was disappointed to see no soap of any kind provided in shared bathrooms. This is really unsanitary and should be fixed because how often do you think people are washing their hands when no soap is provided? never. This means fecal matter is literally covering the entire hostel. Needs to be fixed. The internet/WiFi situation seems like it should work but it doesn't.

Staff are very friendly, took a night bus to munich that arived at 6am and let me check in at 7am.

This hostel was definitely feeling the aftermath of Oktoberfest. Liked: Decent location, U-Bahn station close by, map provided, supermarket nearby, I was able to make several friends; Disliked: Found an adult bed bug in the room, blood stains on linens, other girl in my room had several bites and the hostel staff just shrugged and offered no solution, wifi is TERRIBLE, bathroom door wouldn't close anymore, beer bottles from past guests, maid came in at 9am and started changing beds.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7