Smart Stay Hotel Station Reviews

Schützenstrasse 7, 80335, Munich, Germany

Though the location was great and the price was low, there were clothes left in the room from the previous occupant; the shower/sink were both covered in mold, not to mention the hair that clogged the drain (absolutely disgusting, a health concern); the windows were broken and would not shut or lock, as a result the stay was very noisy; and the carpets had not been cleaned or vacuumed in a good week at least. I understand it's a hostel, but the hygiene was inexcusable. Will NOT stay here again.

• 26th Jul 2014

no wifi and laundry, not suitable for backpacker, but the location is great, very close to the train station.

Really nice helpful staff and very central location

• 10th Jul 2014

I would constitute this location as barely suitable for a dwelling dubbed a "hotel." The rooms were filthy, with the rug clearly not vacuumed in months. The sink in the room had lime residue all over it, and the room was honestly not cleaned before I arrived. I had to request clean towels. The common bathroom was likewise filthy, and the reception was not present the two times I went down. I understand the employees are entitled to breaks, but it was quite difficult to get any service.

Good location. Really liked the cafe/beer garden out front. Pity there was no free WiFi.

This was a very nice, clean place to stay and come back to after a long day. It is in a good location next to the train station which made for easy travel. The workers were all super friendly and very accommodating!

• 15th Jun 2014

Great location and value, but no wifi as standard and a fairly grubby feeling room means we won't be returning. Room was also very stuffy. However, staff were great and location was ideal.

Nice to have a lift. The free lockers were nice to have for the day. The wifi doesn't work if the hotel is full, but luckily was to get money back for it. Overall nice place to stay.

• 7th Jun 2014

Walking distance from central train station and very close to historic attractions such as Marienplatz. Facility functions as part hostel, part hotel, and my room had a bathroom so probably considered on the hotel side. No free wi-fi ... Small bar with several beer options. View from front of window overlooks several American chain outlets such as Pizza Hit and Starbucks which adds noise and detracts from Bavarian charm. However, general area has a lot of striking historic buildings.

there is only wifi with charges...

The front desk hours were a big pain. You can only check in from 5-9pm and check out from 8-10am. There's no one at the desk outside these times.

The room is a bit dirty, too expensive for a not well-equiped hostel.

Toilets are dirty, :( shower floors are not clean. Staff is friendly and helpful :)

just stayed there for one night , no special feeling. you like pubs then it is great cos a lot of bars and restaurants on the street

No free wifi, there is free wifi almost everywhere nowadays....

2 showers for 4 floors!

No free Wi-Fi which should be the basic requirements nowadays

I was really impressed with my stay at the hostel. I look forward to my return to Munchen and will of course stay with you guys.... You can not have a better location as you wander through to the shopping area etc..

They were super helpful…I made a mistake when making the reservation and had the dates wrong…they worked with me to correct the problem and didn't charge me any fees or penalties! Way more helpful than anywhere else we stayed on our trip! As far as atmosphere, its a hotel so no group feel to it. Super close to the HBF!

Great location right across from the train station and at the entrance to the downtown plaza's. Close to restaurants and a grocery store on the same street! A bit of a bummer that you had to pay to use the wifi but there were coffee shops across the street where you could use it for free. The room was clean, well lit, and mostly sound proof (I did have a single), I had an enjoyable experience with my stay there.