Smart Stay Hotel Station Reviews

Schützenstrasse 7, 80335, Munich, Germany

Worst Internet in all of Europe and they charge for it. The location is good and they are helpful with directions.

This hostel was a lot nicer than I was expecting based on the reviews. The beds were nice; the linens and bathrooms were clean; the room was spacious. It was a very pleasant place to stay. My one request is to please make sure you clean under the beds at least once in a while. I dropped something down there and was pretty disgusted when I reached down to get it.

• 18th Jul 2015

The 6 bed dorm we stayed at had bathrooms attached with broken shower doors, standing water on the floor and black mold covering the tile and ceiling. Additionally we were sold wifi access for 2 € but we were not able to get online til late at night due to "technical issues".

• 17th Jul 2015

We were suprised that we have to pay for WiFi. It is not usual even in hostels. Some stuff was helpful (girl with fringe), some not (did not know basic information about Munich).

Stuttgart is a smaller, quieter town, so not too many people. The hostel is modern, clean, and has some luxuries like (free) amazing wifi, mini fridge/freezer, big lockers, a TV. But in July it gets soooo hot. If you want air, you can rent a fan fir 5€. I recommend, it's a 10 min walk into the main parts of the city!

Just one word: Shabby. Ist central and quite cheap, but thats about it.

• 24th Jun 2015

Great location, super close to train station. Good beds with clean linen. Nice staff! Showers and toilets ok but could be.better kept. Would definititely live here again if I'm passing München!

I booked a single room for one night, I spend so little time in the hostel I can't say much about it. The room was quite clean and the rest room was inside (loved it!) The only bad thing was at night when it got very loudy. Maybe it is worth putting thicker window glasses?!?

Our stay wasn't terrible here it's just not what we would expect from a hotel. Me & My friend have been backpacking around the world and this hotel is definitely rougher than half of the hostels we've stayed in & it was triple the price. Our room had two single beds, a wardrobe & a sink. The toilets were out in the hall & we didn't have a female shower on our floor that we could find. However the gentleman at reception was great, he helped us to print off some forms that we needed.

Great location. Very clean, nice bathrooms, reliably hot water, comfortable bed - all a pair of backpackers could ask for.

i thought that it was a nice hostel. i went to the wrong hostel at first but once i found it, i was happy to see that it was right next to the train station and next to the major sights. I went to Neuschwanstein Castle and got to see one of my favorite castes from my childhood. That is a day trip for sure. I would caution this hostel on the squeakiness of the beds. If you move an inch you are waking up the other bed bunkmate and that is not cool. otherwise it was good for the price.

There is no free WiFi here. You have to pay 2 euro for 24 hours WiFi connection. Very close to main train station.

Some noise during the morming from a street party

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

My room was dirty and smelling really bad.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The place is run down and the rooms , in particular the carpets, are not clean. Beds were not made during our stay. Bathroom was ok. Bed was ok. No WiFi. For the price, the place was much too expensive.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The beds were clean and the location is good. For the rest I wouldn't recommend it. The carpets were super dirty (I also found a cotton bud under my bed that seemed to have been there since ancient times), no free wifi, no hang out area (the part that makes a hostel a real hostel were to meet people), staff ok but not enthusiastic at all. If you are looking for somewhere cheap where to crush for the night it does the job.

just for the price

+ friendly staff, towels included (ask for them!), good location, clean bathroom (3rd floor) - floor in rooms should be vacuumed more often! showers are only in the 3rd/4th floor - not nice, if you are on the 2nd

• 29th Mar 2015

We book 3 beds and receive a room of four beds, but it seems dirty and there were trash from the last days guests. It's enough for stay one night and the beds were comfortable, but there was the feeling of getting sick because of the clear lack of cleanness.

This hostel is in a great location, basically right outside the main doors of the central station. It's a fairly old style building and not the most glamorous but it's affordable. The lack of guest kitchen and small fee for wifi (not available in the rooms) was a problem. Everything else was fine.