Smart Stay Hotel Station Reviews

Schützenstrasse 7, 80335, Munich, Germany

Cleanliness: The carpet was very dirty (dusty) on the corners of the room and around the skirts. The toilet had a fan, that was completely blocked with lint and dust. The windows would not close tight. Facilities/Security: Lockers only available on the 3rd floor. Wi-Fi was working only intermittently, and very poorly. Value for Money: I've stayed before in Munich in other hostels, at a lower price with much better services and cleanliness.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Hostel was clean and friendly. Staff was very helpful -- when my keycard didn't work, they issued a new one and sent someone up with me to make sure it worked. Location is stellar!

• 19th Mar 2014

I've stayed in Hostels around Europe, this was my least favorite... I had a one person room (but, I normally stay in dorms).... The room was dirty upon arrival (bed sheets looked dirty) seemed dirtier after maid "cleaned" the next day... The shower room was dirty, limited facilities which would seemingly be quite busy during peak times of the year.... I would not stay here again, unless no other option existed.... Does have a location easy for exploring and when arriving from the Hbf.

Really nice place and doesnt really feel like you are in a hostel-much more like a hotel! Next to train station, very clean and free towels.. wifi was pretty bad-we had to sit on a step to get it and no kitchen but once again thats because it was more of a hotel. Worth the money!

Great location, near the station, with a store nearby. Large and comfortable room.

Staff was nice and Hostel was clean but very week wifi Even no Signals in room And also not free. Break fast was very expansive Even i did'nt try it but very good Location

good for one night....location is perfect, close to the train station and city centre....no free wifi however

It's an ok hostel but not great - good for one night but that's about it. No real value for money - breakfast was expensive and you had to pay for wifi, which only worked in a small corner in the corridors outside the rooms - didn't even work in the bar downstairs. Atmosphere was seriously lacking with no real common area. The room was spacious and reasonably comfortable. Bathrooms were ok but there weren't many showers/toilets at all! Location was probably the best thing about the hostel.

The conditions could be better

I would not recommend this hotel. It is way too expensive for what you get. The rooms are old and the carpet is dirty, bathrooms are old and look used. The elavator does not look save at all and is pretty dirty and old, too. The staff is friendly,though. Don't go there if you intend to stay longer than one night. There are better options in Munich that cost the same or less.

• 26th Dec 2013

Bad situation !I have paid at my arrive but the money on my credit card are still blocked , the people that worked at Hotel were not friendly and They also were bored to give me any explanation about the city and they also kept the maps hidden and didn't want to give my one even if I paid a lot of money , they are UNKIND WITH TURIST! I 'm sorry!

• 21st Dec 2013

the hotle is in excellent location and rooms are very nice only the shower is in last floor but it is ok internet needs to be looked at

It's a perfect Hotel for a Citytrip and for some nights. The rooms are very clean, nice staff, nice hotelbar, and it's very good that you only have to walk about 5 minutes to the center and to the trainstation.

cheap.. very cheap near station and supermaket shower facility is only in 3rd floor 2toliet per floor

The bathrooms belonged to the eighteenth century. No free Wi-Fi or breakfast, so there was zero value for money. This was the most expensive hostel I stayed at in all of Germany and the most unsatisfying. I guess it's an ok place to crash only during Oktoberfest when you're too drink to care about anything because it's easy enough to get to.

Good location beside the main train station. Its easy to walk around everywhere. Security, not so great. My girlfriends makeup was stolen from the room. We were in a private room. Weird, but potentially unnoticeable which gives reason. It was there in the morning, gone at night. We told the front desk and they didn't really do anything. Not the end of the world, but annoying as it was around 40 euros worth. I would hesitate to stay again due to this.

Offer free earplugs. No wifi. Rooms are clean and tidy. But there are only 1 (or maybe 2) toilet and bathroom while there are ten or even more dorms on one floor.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • China

I really appreciate how helpful and nice the staff was, there is always someone at reception, so that's a good point when doing the check-in. We stayed there 2 nights in a 6 bed mixed dorm (that turned out to be a 4 bed mixed dorm), it was comfortable and everything was clean.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Spain

toilet on different floor

Everything worked fine in this hostel! The also gave free breakfast!!!