Smartholiday Reviews

Calle Dell'Anconeta, cannaregio 1981, Venice, Italy

Overall a really good hostel - clean and in a really good location. Kitchen included but only one shower/toilet between everyone staying which could get problematic If busy.

This place wasn't too bad. It's in a great location. I think it's an apartment, not a hostel. It was a bit weird how I booked a 4 person female dorm and ended up sleeping on an uncomfortable cot in a room with a double bed, the two girls sleeping together in the double bed had also booked a 4 person female dorm. Anyway, the guy was nice, it's pretty clean and the location is great - a few minutes walk from the station and right on the water! I'd go back in a pinch.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far on my travels. A little bit awkward to find, it's basically a straight line from the train station but there's only a tiny buzzer on the door for smartholiday so just look for 1981. We were taken from there to the main apartment, about a 2 minute walk. Great location. The staff were lovely, so helpful with directions and transport. The hostel is beautiful with a lovely big terrace, comfy beds and clean bathrooms. Wifi was amazing and the bedrooms had air con!

A very odd hostel experience. Felt like we were staying in someone's home rather than a hostel. There's only one member of staff, who wasn't always around but would move people's things and beds around. The shower head was broken. No lockers or even locks on doors. Rooms were adjoined ensuite style. This is the most we've ever paid for a hostel and was the worst we've stayed in. Not worth the price. Good location but Venice is small compared to other cities so its not necessary. Would not rec

Was a little worried about staying at this place (one bathroom-9 people) but is was nice. No frills, staff was very helpful and nice. Bathroom wasn't a problem. Well located. We're able to walk to everything.

Fortunately we were able to leave luggages in the hostel for some hours before going back to the airport. We would to thank the receptionist for that.

The atmosphere seemed like air bnb, what is good.

Location is good. A short walk from main train station. However, the facilities is quite poor. Its dim when you enter the place. The beds and pillows are too soft. There is another room beside the male dorm, so to get to the toilet guest in the next dorm will have to go pass the male dorm. There is only 1 door. There is only 1 toilet for 9 person to share, so it takes quite a while to get ready or you have to get up early. The kitchen looks messy and feels dirty. The toilet too.

Great location. Less than 10 minute walk from the train station and located in a quieter, less crowded area. Wifi reached the room. No bunkbeds, which I loved.

Nice place to stay, helpful staff

Was a hole in the wall which added to the charm of Venice. Didn't know what to expect behind the door and happily surprised by canal view room and friendly staff. Facilities all very clean.

The address given was the office and main hostel, but we were shown to a merged B&B about 8mins away. Lovely place, with a balcony overlooking a canal. 2 bathrooms, hot showers (let it run a bit), wide air-conditioned rooms and spacious kitchen to use. A simple breakfast was put out every morning. Quiet but well lit walk at night. Booked a dorm but given a private double, no complaints! Accessible at a reasonable price on the island.

1. first of all I have to say that I really do not thing this hostel is legal. It seems like somebody rents an apartment and then makes it as a "hostel". 2. They do not have the pos for card paying 3. I do not think they change sheets and quilts every day. And they smell bad... 4. I lost my yogurt in their fridge 5. They do not even have enough lockers for our baggages 6. there are not enough sockets for everybody in the room 7. I am sorry to say this but I have to say: what the fxxk?!

thanks for nice chines comment

This B&B is located a few minutes away from the main station by foot and from here you can reach all major tourist sites in Venice also by foot. Hard to spot though as they don't have a big sign outside so you'll have to be good with maps to find it. Once you do, everything is within reach - supermarkets, restaurants, souvenir shops, etc. Staff is friendly and accommodating; rooms and bathroom are well-kept. Would definitely recommend this place.

• 24th May 2015
  • Philippines

The location of the hostel is good, staff was friendly. I arrived earlier in the afternoon than the time I gave in the application; there was no one at the reception and when I called them they came to open the door for me, which was okay. The room was on the back side of the building so it was quite for sleeping. There is one toilet with shower, but it was not crowded in the morning. I was staying during the week. Keep in mind there are no lockers in the room.

• 20th May 2015

A good place to stay.

good enough for 1 nigth, cheap and in the center. The facilities are old but clean.

Only one combined toilet/shower for whole hostel.. Not a single hook on the walls to hang a coat. Kitchen was very small- only three could sit around the table and we had to ask for more cutlery, glasses and cups as there were not enough to go around.

• 24th Apr 2015

There should be a member of staff on hand at all times to ensure the property is secure and there is someone with local knowledge when people arrive.

• 17th Apr 2015

thanks for nice comment

It was very nice. Clean rooms, bathrooms and full kitchen. I only had a few minor issues: blankets weren't wide enough for the bed or something, the washer didn't work, the street is very loud and only s small place to lock stuff. The kitchen was great and had some communal stuff. The bathroom was clean but had puddles. And the guy who runs it is very nice and helpful.