Smartholiday Reviews

Calle Dell'Anconeta, cannaregio 1981, Venice, Italy

Location is good. Facilities includes kitchen and good wifi network, only the water pressure is a bit soft. Bear in mind the reception is not always here and you better tell him what time you will arrive.

Staff were really friendly and helpful. Clean rooms. Fully equipped kitchen. Location was strange to get to, but it's Venice, everywhere is hard to get to. Not much atmosphere, more of a place to stay, but that was exactly what we were after. Overall, a really nice stay.

They had me waiting in the reception 45 minutes to check me in, according to the staff it was 30 minutes, the other 15 were my fault because I arrived earlier than the time I said, even though the website didn't allow me to give a different time. Also, I couldn't pay with card, which wasn't posted any where in the website or the email I received. I was 'lucky' because I had the room for myself both days, comfortable beds and great wifi, but very poor facilities and the reception was ALWAYS empty

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Chile

Small hostel on the island. A little hard to find. Location was very convenient, near a free walking tour meeting point and supermarket as well as some cheap eats and the train station. Room was a little cold the first night (winter) but staff were responsive and left the heat on after as well as extra blankets. No breakfast.

I booked my stay back in September (my trip was in December) and back then the rating was pretty high. When I checked back, the rating had plummeted and I got extremely nervous. My worries came true when I had to wait for two hours to be let into the hostel just to check in. This same things happened to other guests and I frequently came in to find other people waiting hours to check in. The facilities were good and clean so I stayed, but I will never go back.

Spendy for what it is. I got there and the receptionist left shortly after, and I was not aware that she was leaving at all, especially so soon. So I wasn't able to ask questions or get a towel.

Didn't get to stay here but I got a full refund from the staff who replied very promptly and kindly when I had to cancel fairly last-minute. Thanks guys. I will be sure to come to you if I ever get a chance to visit Venice :)

Great location in beautiful Venice. Definetly not a modern hostel but clean and suitable. Just one bathroom to share but worked out fine.

You sleep on childrens beds which break easily. Shower pressure poor. Front desk unattended apart from when someone was arriving which means you couldnt ask for anything or get your washing done.

thanks for nice comment

The location is extremely good! I would totally recommend this place especially for people who are traveling solo,this place is probably where you could get everything you need during your stay in venice!

Great place just very hard to find. Look carefully at the door to tind the smart holiday sign. I missed it the first time. Close to everything.

A great hostel in a central location. Entrance is right on a busy pedestrian street. There is no large sign but look closely at the door and you will see smart holiday hand written on the door. Also when you come out of the train station don't go over the first large bridge, keep going past that keeping to the right. Over all I would recommend it. I meet some great people and loved my stay in Venice!

• 13th Nov 2015

Excellent location, on the main strip. Expensive for a hostel but VERY affordable for Venice. Walking distance to train station and supermarkets. Excellent staff; happy and helpful. Clean facilities and kitchen available to cook and store food. A nice small hostel for genuine travellers. Thank you!

thanks for comment

Had a pretty fun stay at the hostel. It's very conveniently located and the hostel gives you a large map of the city giving you directions to the best sights. The rooms a relatively nice, the washroom is clean enough, so I'd recommend this hostel for people who are going to Venice. It is definitely the best in this price range and the location cannot be beat (there's a canal outside the window of some of the rooms). bottom line is: Though it's not the best hostel I've stayed at, it's good enough

Smartholiday was the best place we could have hoped for! The staff was absolutely amazing and accommodating and even upgraded our room from a mixed public to a private when they realized they had the space available for the time we were there. They provided an amazing atmosphere and even coffee and fruit in the morning. The location was perfect for seeing the whole city but still wanting to get away to rest at the end of the day.

• 31st Oct 2015

The staff is nice and friendly, they suggested stuff to do and places to visit and told me how to get there. There is no sign on the door (just a tiny one for the bell). There are no lockers. I thought the hostel was a bit pricy, but I guess everything is expensive in Venice..

Man working was very kind. One bathroom, which is fine if you're patient. Do your own laundry elsewhere. Slept very well and really liked the location.

So hard to find it in the night. I couldn't stay there. Sorry for this comment but it's all I can say

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Ecuador

Great hostel! Hot water, nice staff and clean place. For reference female dorm is in other building(about 5mins from here)

Should be easier to find, there is a small name on the door but is almost impossible to see it. Besides that everything is perfect.

• 24th Oct 2015