Smartholiday

Very Good 571 Total Reviews

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2017
3.1

Very dirty rooms with no facilities

22nd May 2017
5.4

Extremely difficult to find, no signs at all indicating where it was except a small one inch piece of paper. Without the exact address we would not have found it at all. Staff unhelpful and often not there. Bathroom was shared with the entire hostel and was not separate from the toilet. No towels provided, must pay 2 euros for a tiny towel. But it was imprtant for us to be on the island and this place was, so all things considered, probably your cheapest bet.

14th May 2017
6.9

After reading the previous reviews, I still decided to stay at this hostel and I don't regret it. Yes, it has its cons, but you pay for the location for this place and my god was it worth it. There's only 1 bathroom in this whole place and there's no personal outlets to charge your phones in stuff, theres a shared extention charger. Also there's no where to lock up or store your luggage bags. But I don't regret staying at this place. The location was great.

14th May 2017

Very small hostel with amazing location. 10 minutes from trains station and right near the main island. room as clean and comfortable. only one bathroom but it was not a problem. Staff was super nice and let us store bags after we checked out. Kitchen available for use as well! Overall a great stay! would definitely recommend!

• Italy, Female, 25-30
6th May 2017
6.3

I chose to stay at Smartholiday because it was close to the train Station and I had to catch a train early in the morning. When we got there the guy, which wasnt very happy neither helpful, send us to another place, without even explaining why. There wasnt more space at the one we have booked........ and the reason i booked was cause it was close, and the one he was sending us too was further away..... so i wasnt really happy and he pretended everything was ok..... a good one, rooms were clean!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd May 2017
6.3

The best part of this hostel is definitely the location, close to the train station and all the big sights within an easy walk (but then again in Venice basically everything on the island is). The hostel was clean enough, but there was only one bathroom which was annoying, and it was basically just a bunch of beds stuck in an apartment. In addition, the staff wasn't super helpful and wasn't around much. It felt quite pricey for what it was, but again it's Venice.

• Thailand, Male, 25-30
2nd May 2017
6.6

Location is nice, near the train station, near supermarket. But it has only 1 bathroom for 8 people.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
29th Apr 2017
6.9

This place was not good value for money. There was only one bathroom, which was really difficult. One morning I had to wait 45 mins just to use the toilet because there were three other people in the line before me, and the shower is in the same room as the toilet. The rooms are basic and don't have hooks, individual lights/plugs or curtains. Good location and next door to a supermarket. I would stay again because of the location, but not much else. Having a kitchen was also handy.

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2017
5.4

We asked to stay another night more and the girl said that there were available beds so we cancelled our airbnb to stay there. Later the girl came and told us that it was a mistake and actually everything was full. Everybody can commite a mistake but she new we were going to cancel our airbnb to stay there, so at least the could double check the availability of the hostel. The bed was comfy and the cleanliness quite good. The location is really nice!

28th Apr 2017

It was more home like than hostel like and very clean! It wasn't anything spectacular but I enjoyed my time there. I was looking for a relaxing place to sleep and it definitely was. If you like to party, idk of this hostel is for you, but Venice isn't much of a party city anyway in my opinion. O yeah, it was over a canal and had beautiful sunsets but the mosquito ate my roommate up, not so much me. I guess I was lucky